Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Sooooooooo many wtf moments and some very clever black humour.

Looking forward to season 2.

Pretty much the entire last episode is WTF. and the last ten minutes in particular. Superb though.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say What Again

black sails 4 both on soon too.

:yas:

Fortitude I'll probably start and see how it goes, as I didn't really take to season one at all.

I did finish it, but more out of curiosity. I thought it was incredibly slow and nothing gripped my interest. It got off to a really promising start too with the Christopher Ecclestone 'story'.

Jambof3tornado

Fortitude I'll probably start and see how it goes, as I didn't really take to season one at all.

I did finish it, but more out of curiosity. I thought it was incredibly slow and nothing gripped my interest. It got off to a really promising start too with the Christopher Ecclestone 'story'.

It certainly wasnt what I was expecting!

Rudolf's Mate

Pretty much the entire last episode is WTF. and the last ten minutes in particular. Superb though.

Agreed. Thought it was excellent.

Can't believe some of the reviews for Man in the High Castle. Forced myself to watch all of season 1 and around 20 mins of first episode of season 2 but I refuse to force myself through it. Just feels like it goes nowhere!

...a bit disco

Watching Beyond on Netflix.

'A young man who wakes up from a 12 year coma to discover new abilities, that propel him into the middle of a dangerous conspiracy.'

Pretty good if a tad slow in places.

Worth a watch.

Ive started season 2 of " The affair" and its just not grabbing me like the first series. I felt the same with " Oprhan Black" and also " Mr robot".  I often wonder if its good to continue with a series if your not particularly  enjoying it ???  My instinct is to just can them. Ive noted a few others on this have made similar comments about " Mr robot" 

Ive now got Kodi so im not got  a multitude of shows to watch but Im picky.

Yeh the Affair can be a bit of a trudge at times, but every time Ive been about to bin it, a wee twist happened and that kept me hooked for anothe couple of shows. Its not brilliant but Ive stuck with it well into S3 now.

One thing I couldn't stop binge watching last week was Season 2 of The Missing. It was superb. 10 times better than the original, full of twists and turns and wtf moments. Brilliant wee series.

Got a whole raft of stuff to try that been recommended on here but this years biggy for me will be Fargo 3.

Shooter.

Absolutely utter shite, managed about 20 minutes,inaccurate and terrible acting, I love Rifle shooting and am a bit gutted it was as bad. Avoid............. Unless you ken bugger all about rifles then it might be OK!!!!

Jambof3tornado

Finished the first series of Outlander - that was completely amazing. Tremendous stuff. Season 2 now

Thought it was just a love story.

Bugger me.

Great stuff.

Agreed about " fortitude" it was truly bizarre as it seem to completely change from being a thriller to some sci Fi nonsense , good cast wasted I felt .

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Thought it was just a love story.

Bugger me.

Great stuff.

Kinda is tbh however the Mrs started watching it and I have to admit that I found it really enjoyable. Definitely worth watching.

Tried reading through as much of this thread as poss to get ideas and then made a start on Blacklist. Not quite sure what to make of it.

Thinking of watching either Westworld or The Night Of next, anyone have any recommendations for which one to start first?

The Night Of was excellent, watched it all within two days. Not quite got round to watching Westworld yet.

Outlander is one of my favourites as well, Tobias Menzies is outstanding in his dual-role.

Yeh the Affair can be a bit of a trudge at times, but every time Ive been about to bin it, a wee twist happened and that kept me hooked for anothe couple of shows. Its not brilliant but Ive stuck with it well into S3 now.

One thing I couldn't stop binge watching last week was Season 2 of The Missing. It was superb. 10 times better than the original, full of twists and turns and wtf moments. Brilliant wee series.

Got a whole raft of stuff to try that been recommended on here but this years biggy for me will be Fargo 3.

Im still unclear about the whole narrative and the different perspectives on it. I may return to it. 

Just started " Sneaky pete"...Good cast especially Bryan Cranston.. On the 3rd episode but early days. 

Just started " Sneaky pete"...Good cast especially Bryan Cranston.. On the 3rd episode but early days.

Watched 4 episodes its alright.Dont ever feel like binging on it though one episode a night and im done.

Rudolf's Mate

Watched 4 episodes its alright.Dont ever feel like binging on it though one episode a night and im done.

How you getting on with it? I was enjoying it however I felt it picked up around 5-6 and now it's really good.

How you getting on with it? I was enjoying it however I felt it picked up around 5-6 and now it's really good.

Not watched anymore its one i am watching with the wife so not binging on it.

Rudolf's Mate

Finished Sneaky Pete and would definitely recommend it. First few episodes were decent enough however it ramps up pretty well. Really enjoyed it.

Watched the first episode of Frontier netflix new show.Pretty promising this think it could be really good its about the fur trade.

Finished Sneaky Pete and would definitely recommend it. First few episodes were decent enough however it ramps up pretty well. Really enjoyed it.

Whats its about??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revised my opinion on Frontier its not really good which is a shame as it could have been another great show in the vein of Vikings and other historical type dramas.

Finished Westworld and although the Mrs thought it was ok I thought it was absolutely awful. A real trudge to finish that I have to say. It looked good enough but fek was it boring. Think there was only one episode I actually enjoyed. The lass that played Deloris was stunning though but it was only her that held my attention. Compared to the likes of Peaky Blinders / Outlander and Thrones it doesn't come even remotely close. I'd give the series a 2/10 and won't be watching the next one. As boring as that Hannibal series.

We're now watching Taboo which is cracking so far and also going through Prisoners of War which is superb also

Carl Fredrickson

The OA.

First episode was riveting - to the point of wow. Second.

However, from there things tailed off quickly and despite it only being 8 episodes, I had lost interest by the last couple. 

A few WFT moments too and at points verged on the ridiculous. 

The first Netflix original that has disappointed me. 

The OA.

However, from there things tailed off quickly and despite it only being 8 episodes, I had lost interest by the last couple.

Dont watch Frontier then.I actually think Netflix are starting to churn out too many shows now too quick and the qualityis starting to go downhill.

Say What Again

The OA.

The bursd said similar. She watched the first four episodes in two nights. It took her two weeks to watch the last four.

I started watching Designated Survivor the other night. First couple of episodes are very action packed. Good start.

Rudolf's Mate

Started on The AO. Was struggling near the begining of the first episode however it suddenly flips on it head and you're like :wow: and :wtf: Started the second one and was really looking forward to this however I've just read the comments above :gok:

Carl Fredrickson

Dont watch Frontier then.I actually think Netflix are starting to churn out too many shows now too quick and the qualityis starting to go downhill.

Thanks for the tip. I have loved all the previous Netflix originals and assumed this would be as good - especially when a guy at work recommended it. He will get an earful when I am back at work on Wednesday!

The bursd said similar. She watched the first four episodes in two nights. It took her two weeks to watch the last four.

If it wasnt for the wife then I wouldnt have watched the last 2 or 3. 

Started on The AO. Was struggling near the begining of the first episode however it suddenly flips on it head and you're like :wow: and :wtf: Started the second one and was really looking forward to this however I've just read the comments above :gok:

Aye the first episode sets things up amazingly and I had hoped for it to continue but the story from then on is awful. 

Hap and Leonard

Really liked this starts off slow(still good moments) but by episode 4 it all starts getting very good.Got Omar from The Wire as one of the leads and James Purefoy as the other and Jimmi Simpson from Westworld who plays the nutter.

Rudolf's Mate

The OA - I really liked it. Quite a bit different but enjoyable.

Hap and Leonard

Really liked this starts off slow(still good moments) but by episode 4 it all starts getting very good.Got Omar from The Wire as one of the leads and James Purefoy as the other and Jimmi Simpson from Westworld who plays the nutter.

This is in my Watch List. 

Finished Westworld and although the Mrs thought it was ok I thought it was absolutely awful. A real trudge to finish that I have to say. It looked good enough but fek was it boring. Think there was only one episode I actually enjoyed. The lass that played Deloris was stunning though but it was only her that held my attention. Compared to the likes of Peaky Blinders / Outlander and Thrones it doesn't come even remotely close. I'd give the series a 2/10 and won't be watching the next one. As boring as that Hannibal series.

We're now watching Taboo which is cracking so far and also going through Prisoners of War which is superb also

I stopped watching it after episode 5....bored me rigid

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series