Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Rudolf's Mate

Just finished watching this, fantastic tv.

Interesting plot and actors that you actually care about. I hope they renew for a 2nd season but unsure due to those critic reviews, they're an absolute nonsense. I suppose that's what happens when you don't stuff their faces with succulent lamb.

I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys a show that's interesting from the moment you turn it on until the last, 10/10. :thumbsup:

I wasn't aware the critics had given it mixed or bad reviews tbh. I tend to just look on IMDB and if it's scored decent enough I'll give it a shot.

After that ending it's got to have another series surely!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a recommendation but I see there is going to be another Homeland series.

Channel 4 advert for 2017 shows.

Can't wait, loved all the series.

Carl Fredrickson

After seeing it recommended on here, I started Goliath last night. Planned to watch the first episode, ended up watching 3! 

It has got me hooked and BBT plays the main character well,

Thanks to those who have recommended it. 

Rudolf's Mate

Made a start on second season of MR Robot however found it hard going and barely made it through 20 mins of first episode. Moved onto second season of Man in the High Castle and again struggled however unlike first season of MR Robot, I also struggled with the first season of this. Really not seeing what everyone thinks about it tbh.

I managed about 30 mins of Westworld before falling asleep however it's got my interest. 

Made a start on second season of MR Robot however found it hard going and barely made it through 20 mins of first episode. Moved onto second season of Man in the High Castle and again struggled however unlike first season of MR Robot, I also struggled with the first season of this. Really not seeing what everyone thinks about it tbh.

I managed about 30 mins of Westworld before falling asleep however it's got my interest.

I liked season 1 of Mr Robot but gave up after one episode of season 2.

Whats good about Startup is its just really easy viewing

Rudolf's Mate

I liked season 1 of Mr Robot but gave up after one episode of season 2.

Whats good about Startup is its just really easy viewing

I was same. Really enjoyed first season.

How far have you got with Startup? It gets better and better the deeper it gets.

I was same. Really enjoyed first season.

How far have you got with Startup? It gets better and better the deeper it gets.

7, i watched 5 yesterday.As i said its easy viewing so you can binge on it easy, i will be finished it today. Edited by vegas-voss

Rudolf's Mate

7, i watched 5 yesterday.As i said its easy viewing so you can binge on it easy, i will be finished it today.

Aye it is that. I thought it ramped things up in episode 3 and continued through to the end. I'm not one for scoring series however at the end I signed up to IMDB and gave it my score, I was that impressed [emoji3]

Aye it is that. I thought it ramped things up in episode 3 and continued through to the end. I'm not one for scoring series however at the end I signed up to IMDB and gave it my score, I was that impressed [emoji3]

Finished it, man that last episode i could see some of it coming but not it all.Long wait now.

Rudolf's Mate

Finished it, man that last episode i could see some of it coming but not it all.Long wait now.

That was why I rated it on IMDB. I'd be gutted if this didn't (unlikely) have a second series.

...a bit disco

After seeing it recommended on here, I started Goliath last night. Planned to watch the first episode, ended up watching 3! 

It has got me hooked and BBT plays the main character well,

Thanks to those who have recommended it. 

Me too.

That 2nd episode ending!

:vrwow:

Carl Fredrickson

Me too.

That 2nd episode ending!

No pun intended but I didnt see that coming. 

Only managed one last night but I wrap up at lunchtime today until after the New Year so I should finish this in the next day or two. Really enjoying it. 

Rudolf's Mate

Me too.

That 2nd episode ending!

It was running along nicely before that however it turned everything upside down. Jaw dropping stuff!

Arthur Morgan

Just finished the 1st season of The Exorcist. I have to say I'll miss it as I thought it was superb. Hopefully it gets renewed for a 2nd season!

Edited by Joel Miller

Thinking of watching either Westworld or The Night Of next, anyone have any recommendations for which one to start first?

Rudolf's Mate

Thinking of watching either Westworld or The Night Of next, anyone have any recommendations for which one to start first?

I'm 3 episodes into Westworld and it's shaping up nicely. The Night of, this is about as good as it gets tbh. Brilliant and totally compelling. 

Goldstone Wonder

Another vote for the Night of. Briliant.

I'm halfway through the Crown. The missus persuaded me to watch it and I wasn't keen but it is really excellent. Beautifully made and the acting is so strong. I'm not a monarchist at all by find myself being a lot more sympathetic towards the queen since watching it!

Carl Fredrickson

Another vote for the Night of. Briliant.

I'm halfway through the Crown. The missus persuaded me to watch it and I wasn't keen but it is really excellent. Beautifully made and the acting is so strong. I'm not a monarchist at all by find myself being a lot more sympathetic towards the queen since watching it!

This post is 100% my thoughts too. 

Go with the Night Of

The Crown was a suggested watch by the wife and like you I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it. The acting is superb.

Netflix are not half throwing out new shows just now seems to be a new one on everytime you go on.Anyway started on Travellers,decent first episode.

Usual Netflix yarn though seems to be becoming the home of weird sci-fi shit.

Rudolf's Mate

Hannibal is tremendous viewing and one of the best endings to a series. However I've just read that the creator has said neither Hannibal or Will died and there is something in he pipeline! He also talked about 'the scene' at the end of the credits with Gillian Anderson! How many people watched through the ****ing credits [emoji35]

Hannibal is tremendous viewing and one of the best endings to a series. However I've just read that the creator has said neither Hannibal or Will died and there is something in he pipeline! He also talked about 'the scene' at the end of the credits with Gillian Anderson! How many people watched through the ******* credits [emoji35]

what scene???? i must have missed it. massive fan.

Rudolf's Mate

what scene???? i must have missed it. massive fan.

I'm gutted as I now have to go back and watch it however it'll not be the same! I don't want to spoil it however there's meant to be a scene with Anderson sat at a dinner table waiting on Hannibal to return. There was debate about what it meant however needless to say there was a shocking element to the viewer.

Edit: :vrface: There is as well!

Y0q9SQA.jpg

Gillian :wow:

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Jambof3tornado

Started watching the following, also high castle 2, the 100 and fear the walking dead ( better than i thought). Oh yes plus vikings. Fortitude 2 on sky in january too!

Oh yes the final scene ! Yes fuller has discussed doing the silence of the lambs story , it will be interesting to see his take on it as the silence of the lambs is a film master piece

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

WestWorld is excellent. Good cast, good plot twists, makes you think a lot I really enjoyed it.

Anthony Hopkins is a ****ing great actor.

Rudolf's Mate

WestWorld is excellent. Good cast, good plot twists, makes you think a lot I really enjoyed it.

Anthony Hopkins is a ******* great actor.

Pretty much nailed it.

Also thought that Evan Wood (Delores) played an incredible part. 

Anybody seen Legit.

Jim Jefferies brilliant sitcom.

It was good pity it only got 2 seasons. Alot of it is from his stand up show so it feels like he's doing a routine a bit too much at times.

Carl Fredrickson

I really enjoyed Goliath. 

The wife is watching Gilmore Girls which has about 900 episodes and of those I have seen, are much the same kind of story. I fear for our TV viewing over the next few weeks...

pcameron1974

New series on Saturday with Tom Hardy looks good, Taboo. Was a big fan of Peaky Blinders and it appears to be of a similar ilk.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rudi must stay

New series on Saturday with Tom Hardy looks good, Taboo. Was a big fan of Peaky Blinders and it appears to be of a similar ilk.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks visually strong. And it looks like Tom Hardy has nailed the role from videos

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

This is really good.I have no idea whats going on(never read any of the books)but i know i need to keep watching.Its pretty batshit mental.

Disser Pointon

Started watching the Outsiders which has Opie from SOA in it. Was really enjoying it but for some reason the episodes on Exodus are all out of synch and I've been unable to find it on any of the other KODI usuals which is a bit annoying.

Only 1 episode of Band of Brothers left, has been excellent.

Watched the first 10 episodes of Designated Survivor. Not going to be an award winner but watchable enough, unfortunately now in mid season break until March. Reminds me of one of the poorer seasons of 24 (but watchable) where something new seeemed to go wrong in each episode.

Moved on to the OA , just watched the first episode but got my attention enough to watch another.

Watched the first 10 episodes of Designated Survivor. Not going to be an award winner but watchable enough, unfortunately now in mid season break until March. Reminds me of one of the poorer seasons of 24 (but watchable) where something new seeemed to go wrong in each episode.

Moved on to the OA , just watched the first episode but got my attention enough to watch another.

Don't bother with the OA, you'll be disappointed.... Give "Travellers" a go instead.

Finished GLITCH, excellent Australian creepy come back from the dead number, getting a second series too so can't wait for that.

Watched the first 3 episodes of SPOTLESS last night and really enjoyed them, anyone else seen this?

JudyJudyJudy

i would highly recommend " American Crime"...Not to be confused with American crime story or even American Horror story.

Although its similar to both shows as it is an anthology series each season with the same actors playing different parts in each season.

Season 1 is based around a " hate " crime and the fall out from this

Season 2 is based around a sexual assault in a high school and the fall out from this.

Both seasons are outstanding with great acting from Felicity Huffman , Timothy Bottoms , Regina King and others.

Ive started season 2 of " The affair" and its just not grabbing me like the first series. I felt the same with " Oprhan Black" and also " Mr robot".  I often wonder if its good to continue with a series if your not particularly  enjoying it ???  My instinct is to just can them. Ive noted a few others on this have made similar comments about " Mr robot" 

Ive now got Kodi so im not got  a multitude of shows to watch but Im picky. 

...a bit disco

I started on Preacher last night. Pretty impressed so far I have to say.

Sooooooooo many wtf moments and some very clever black humour.

Looking forward to season 2.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series