Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Rudolf's Mate

I highly recommend the Charlie Falco story(gangland undercover) it tells his story infiltrating biker gangs in America it is brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great shout from you and Alan R [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

luckyBatistuta

Patriot just started watching this on Amazon.Its brilliant I reckon I will binge watch the whole season in a couple of days viewing.Funny dark espionage one of the best things I have watched in a while.

I must have watched the first episode of this 4/5 times now and still haven't made it to the end of the episode. I know it's only the first, but at the moment it isn't grabbing me. Did laugh my ass off at the start with the bus though.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta

Sneaky Pete on Amazon, couple of episodes to go, been excellent so far.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Watched all of this in no time at all, really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the second season.

luckyBatistuta

I highly recommend the Charlie Falco story(gangland undercover) it tells his story infiltrating biker gangs in America it is brilliant

Hope this isn't the same as Sons of Anarchy, gave up on that.

Hope this isn't the same as Sons of Anarchy, gave up on that.

mate it's streets ahead of SoA and it's a true story

luckyBatistuta

mate it's streets ahead of SoA and it's a true story

Good, will give it a go :thumbsup:

John Findlay

Watched the replacement. Good tense stuff but thought the ending was a bit meh.

AgreeD.

Waiting this Sunday to see the final episode of SS-GB. Read the book about 35 years ago. Enjoyed the book and have enjoyed the series thus far.

Bazzas right boot

Sons of anarchy

Walking dead

Dexter

Homeland.

The Netflix series on the alternative war ending was good, i forget it's name.

If you like sci fi-

Deep space nine, from series 3/4 turns into more of a soap , good characters and acting.

You wife isn't a Trekkie, but she enjoyed ds9.

Rudolf's Mate

Sons of anarchy

Walking dead

Dexter

Homeland.

The Netflix series on the alternative war ending was good, i forget it's name.

If you like sci fi-

Deep space nine, from series 3/4 turns into more of a soap , good characters and acting.

You wife isn't a Trekkie, but she enjoyed ds9.

Man in the High Castle?

I found it hard work to get through the first season and managed about 20 mins of the first episode of second season. I thought it was brutal tbh.

Finished season one of StartUp. Excellent!! even though the finish to the send of story arc of season one couldve been better. Obviously tee-ing themselves up for season 2.

Excellent characters. Big Ronny is the man.

SEASON 2 of GANGLAND UNDERCOVER is OUT!! Was solid to find though... no idea why this doesnt get a wider release/more attention!? Not even a UK DVD release of season 1 yet but its brilliant. For those interested season 2 is still on sky Go for 3 more days... wire in before it disappears again! (i expect will get re aired on sky at some stage though)

Any other suggestions coz after that im on the look out again?

Seymour M Hersh

Just watched the first episode of Backstrom on Netflix on a recommendation of a friend. Not bad, grumpy seriously unPC borderline alcoholic cynical cop who runs everyone up the wrong way.

Not sure why she thought I'd like it.

Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed that but was cut after only a handful of episodes. I guess the un-pc stuff went down like the Titanic in the US. Shame.

...a bit disco

We've started watching Lethal Weapon. Finding it pretty amusing tbh.

Once you switch off the fact that it ain't Gibson & Glover, it's a fun watch.

Samuel Camazzola

Just finished Taboo. Any other newish series worth a bash?

The Trip to Spain is coming to Sky Atlantic in the coming weeks. It follows on from The Trip and The Trip to Italy. It's Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon as themselves doing restaurant reviews and is very funny.

Carl Fredrickson

After recording it a year ago or so, finally got round to watching The Night Manager. I really enjoyed it BUT I cant believe that Tom Hiddlestons character was allowed so deep and so quickly into the inner circle of trust of Hugh Lawries character. 

Finished season one of StartUp. Excellent!! even though the finish to the send of story arc of season one couldve been better. Obviously tee-ing themselves up for season 2.

Excellent characters. Big Ronny is the man.

SEASON 2 of GANGLAND UNDERCOVER is OUT!! Was solid to find though... no idea why this doesnt get a wider release/more attention!? Not even a UK DVD release of season 1 yet but its brilliant. For those interested season 2 is still on sky Go for 3 more days... wire in before it disappears again! (i expect will get re aired on sky at some stage though)

Any other suggestions coz after that im on the look out again?

Does Gangland Undercover get better after the first episode? I found it tough going. Edited by Chester?

Rudolf's Mate

Does Gangland Undercover get better after the first episode? I found it tough going.

It does and it's enjoyable and worth watching tbh. That said I don't get the comments that it wipes the floor with SOA. As bad as SOA was in some areas it had plenty of cliffhanger moments that drew you in and made you watch just one more. 

Finished second season of The Missing. Thought it was brilliant. 

Onto the final season of Black Sails now :sob:

The ending of season 2 of Luther is one of the greatest things I've seen on TV.

:wow:

Just wait for the end of season 3. Still an emotional wreck 4 years on

It does and it's enjoyable and worth watching tbh. That said I don't get the comments that it wipes the floor with SOA. As bad as SOA was in some areas it had plenty of cliffhanger moments that drew you in and made you watch just one more. 

Finished second season of The Missing. Thought it was brilliant. 

Onto the final season of Black Sails now :sob:

I've not watched SOA and have no intention of doing so, so I cant compare. I certainly found the first episode of GU a bit dull and, dare I say, awfully predictable.

I started watching Iron Fist. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

But that doesn't mean it's good.

Worst of the four Netflix Marvel series so far, and not even close. Really enjoyed the other three, but found Iron Fist average at best, mainly due to the writing, and didn't find Finn Jones' acting up to the standard of the other's league either.

Hopefully the combined Defenders series will improve back to the quality of the first three.

...a bit disco

Into The Badlands Season 2 is up and running.

All the fighty cartoon violence Iron Fist never had. And more.

Into The Badlands Season 2 is up and running.

All the fighty cartoon violence Iron Fist never had. And more.

Hope 2nd season is longer first was only 6 episodes

...a bit disco

Hope 2nd season is longer first was only 6 episodes

10 in this season.

:thumbsup:

Just wait for the end of season 3. Still an emotional wreck 4 years on

Finished.

Absolutely loved it. Highs and lows.

Rudolf's Mate

About 6 episodes in of Black Sails final season and it's tremendous! Absolutely gutted this is the final one :sob:

Finished the first series of Fortitude and was really enjoying it until the last 2 episodes which I felt were even comical and left a few things unanswered. 3 episodes done in the 2nd series and I think that's me giving up on it now. It's just gone way off track for me.

Watched Taboo which I thought was decent enough but was a bit hard going to finish

Edited by 1971fozzy

Say What Again

About 6 episodes in of Black Sails final season and it's tremendous! Absolutely gutted this is the final one :sob:

Just finished episode 7 :sob:

They don't mess about bumping off lead characters, do they :lol:

Finished the first series of Fortitude and was really enjoying it until the last 2 episodes which I felt were even comical and left a few things unanswered. 3 episodes done in the 2nd series and I think that's me giving up on it now. It's just gone way off track for me.

Watched Taboo which I thought was decent enough but was a bit hard going to finish

Done exactly the same with fortitude, season 1 was very intreaguing etc, season 2 starts and there is several new characters without any real explanation of who they are and then the storyline just completely changes from series 1, so many plot holes etc

luckyBatistuta

I'm a couple of episodes in to HELL on WHEELS, so far I've quite enjoyed it, seems like it could be decent.

Rudolf's Mate

Just finished episode 7 :sob:

They don't mess about bumping off lead characters, do they :lol:

Got started on 8 last night. No they don't :wow:

Teach [emoji15]

First episode of season 2 of Sens8 available on Netflix, with more episodes coming in May.  Don't know why I'm posting, though, as I think I'm the only person who watched and enjoyed the first season!

First episode of season 2 of Sens8 available on Netflix, with more episodes coming in May.  Don't know why I'm posting, though, as I think I'm the only person who watched and enjoyed the first season!

We watched the first series and enjoyed it but only managed three episode of series 2.

Watched the first episode of True Detective. Can't say I'm hugely impressed with it so far.

Is it worth sticking with?

Series 1? Absolutely.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series