Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Robot.

Really not sure what to make of this. A seriously weird programme.

It started off really well and I was hooked.

However I'm now halfway through season 2 and I think it's gotten quite boring / repetitive.

Stuart McNeill

Watching power atm. I'm really enjoying it.

Didn't even realise I was 3 episodes into season two though.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Also has anyone tried Orphan Black, I'd never heard of it but one of the actresses picked up an Emmy last night?

Its pretty good gets better but now is starting to tail off as its one of those shows that does not know what to do with it to keep it going as it a hit series.Typical sci fi stuff really starts well then just gets lost in what to do next.

The bird that got the Emmmy plays about 8 parts now

Edited by vegas-voss

Its pretty good gets better but now is starting to tail off as its one of those shows that does not know what to do with it to keep it going as it a hit series.Typical sci fi stuff really starts well then just gets lost in what to do next.

The bird that got the Emmmy plays about 8 parts now

I watched the first season and some of second but got bored with it to be honest. It just didnt hold my attention enough 

Carl Fredrickson

The wife enjoyed the first series of Outlander but it wasnt to my tastes. 

We have just watched the 6 series of Still Game and even though we have seen them many times, we still had a good laugh. 

Thinking of starting Narcos series 2 next.

Just started on "The Americans".  Its about 2 Russian spies in American during the height of the cold war in the early 1980s.  Only watched 3 episodes but really enjoying it. 

Just started on "The Americans".  Its about 2 Russian spies in American during the height of the cold war in the early 1980s.  Only watched 3 episodes but really enjoying it.

Excellent programme, bit of a slow burner at times, stick with it.

Riddley Walker

Just started on "The Americans". Its about 2 Russian spies in American during the height of the cold war in the early 1980s. Only watched 3 episodes but really enjoying it.

Great show.

Recently watched The Night Of, outstanding show, as many have said already.

Watched The Jinx: Life and Deaths of Robert Durst last week, anyone else watched it? It's an excellent 6 part documentary on a guy from a super-rich New York family and some murders he is accused of. Kind of Making a Murdery.

Has a couple of the most :wow: moments I've seen in a doc.

William H. Bonney

Great show.

Watched The Jinx: Life and Deaths of Robert Durst last week, anyone else watched it? It's an excellent 6 part documentary on a guy from a super-rich New York family and some murders he is accused of. Kind of Making a Murdery.

In particular the scene where he forgets his microphone is still on.

William H. Bonney

Yep, that is the main one.

Outstanding TV.

I love the opening when the sheriff tells him bail is set at $250,000 and asks if he has that money.

He replies, 'well not on me right now'.

I've recommended it a few times on here. Incredible series.

Dat finale. :arry:

Riddley Walker

I've recommended it a few times on here. Incredible series.

Dat finale. :arry:

We were genuinely open-mouthed at that.

Some guy that Robert Durst :lol:

Great show.

Yes " The night of" was fantastic. Im hoping for second series.   Yes ive seen the Robert Durst programme The JInx...Compelling. 

Carl Fredrickson

The Jinx has a few moments in it that are haw dropping moments. 

Halfway through the second series of Narcos - another great show. Watching it with the wife but she is working the next couple of nights and I can hardly wait to see the next episode. 

Rudolf's Mate

A couple of shows that have been recommended on here that I've finally got round to starting.

The Night Manager. Paid little attention to what was being said about this simply because I thought it was about a hotel manager that dealt with shit going on in his hotel :lol: It's been outstanding!

Ballers. It's got a Californication feel about it and I wasn't sure at first however if you want some easy viewing it's definitely worth watching. 

Watched the first episode of Westworld today and was really looking forward to it as it has a decent cast in Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins.

Have to say I think it will get better but was very slow for a Premier , I live in hope for it to get better.

Finished the first season of power after every man and their dug was going on about it,its watchable but its average at best ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carl Fredrickson

Finished the second series of Narcos. Fabulous. 

Watched the first episode of series 3 of the Fall. BBC are great at these kind of shows and already there are a few talking point. 

Not sure what to start next, possibly American Horror Story

Getintaethem

Another shout for The night of, cracking series with tremendous acting.

I've stuck with fear the walking dead, although it's a pale imitation of its sister show it's improved this season. Also have become strangely addicted to Z nation, cheesy acting with ridiculous storylines that doesn't try to pretend to be taken seriously. Three zombie wise men turning up to the stable with a zombie camel when Murphy's baby is born was a particular highlight, along with the Butch and Sundance tribute. Terrible show with loveable characters, can't wait for the next cheese laden episode.

Just finished watching episode one of westworld, fair enjoyed it and it has a lot of potential, will be watching episode one of season 2 of ash v evil dead, another one of my favourites.

Only one episode to go for 'The Night Of', outstanding so far.

It's been a good year for new shows.

Just finished watching that box set. Best thing on TV for years IMO. Fantastic.

Rudolf's Mate

Totally agree. Compelling viewing!

A few had mentioned Into the Badlands so I've made a start on that. About 4 episodes in and it seems pretty decent but I wouldn't say its totally gripped me. I get the sense it's tried to loosely follow Hunger Games and a few other films. I say loosely however there's a lot of stuff familiar. 

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Without "spoilers" can you give me a rough outline of it, quite fancy it.

Watched the first episode of Westworld today and was really looking forward to it as it has a decent cast in Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins.

Have to say I think it will get better but was very slow for a Premier , I live in hope for it to get better.

Totally agree, really hope it picks up but found myself well somewhat bored at bits.

But guess you cant really pace a series out the same as a movie, hopefully it leads to good pay off in the end.

Getintaethem

Set in New York, the story of a young man who goes on a night out and gets embroiled in a murder investigation and subsequent trial. Cleverly written and superbly acted, the tale evolves as the implications of one night turns a family's world upside down and change the young man forever.

It's takes you through the whole process, from the crime scene, to the precinct and from Ryker Island penitentiary to the courtroom. I thought the performances of the investigating detective and a rather unorthodox lawyer were brilliant.

Watch it, you won't regret it.

Edited by Getintaethem

Set in New York, the story of a young man who goes on a night out and gets embroiled in a murder investigation and subsequent trial. Cleverly written and superbly acted, the tale evolves as the implications of one night turns a family's world upside down and change the young man forever.

It's takes you through the whole process, from the crime scene, to the precinct and from Ryker Island penitentiary to the courtroom. I thought the performances of the investigating detective and a rather unorthodox lawyer were brilliant.

Watch it, you won't regret it.

Many thanks, I'll give it a go.

Getintaethem nailed it. It is truly excellent.

There must be a Series/season 2 in the making as well. 

Getintaethem nailed it. It is truly excellent.

There must be a Series/season 2 in the making as well.

Like a feckin tube I've reduced my sky package to the basic and don't get access to the box sets :facepalm:

Getintaethem

Like a feckin tube I've reduced my sky package to the basic and don't get access to the box sets :facepalm:

It's on Sky Atlantic so you should get it through catch up, or there's always putlocker...

To be fair I would do the same. I telt them to GTF with the sports & movies packages and saved a bit of cash but Mrs PJ likes to record and watch The Kardashians and The Housewives of... series when I'm being a skitehound in the pub (suits me) so I had to keep the family package otherwise they (Sky) would get jettisoned. 

Homeland - watched the first two episodes last night, very good, I'm definitely sticking with, wife likes it also, bonus.

Just watched 11 episodes of luke cage in a row. Outstanding. Anyone that hasn't watched the marvel stuff in netflix would recommend it all. Jessica Jones probably the weakest but still worth a watch. Saw the night manager mentioned that was a pleasant surprise very enjoyable! Narcos is good too but you need to pay attention to the subtitles!

Say What Again

Just watched 11 episodes of luke cage in a row

Oooft! Good effort.

Next weeks task is to get some mates or a bursd :lol:

It's been around for a while, but I've just finished watching Wolf Hall, the BBC drama about Thomas Cromwell, advisor to Henry VIII.  It is on Netflix.

I'm a bit meh about BBC dramas, but this was really, really good.  I'd highly recommend it.

Just watched 11 episodes of luke cage in a row. Outstanding. Anyone that hasn't watched the marvel stuff in netflix would recommend it all. Jessica Jones probably the weakest but still worth a watch. Saw the night manager mentioned that was a pleasant surprise very enjoyable! Narcos is good too but you need to pay attention to the subtitles!

I'd say Luke Cage is the worst of the Marvel TV series. Still good, but personally don't think it was as good as Jessica Jones or DareDevil.

Hmmmm Episode 2 was a bit meh also. I'll give it another couple but it doesn't look like a keeper to me

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series