Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Just finished " The NIght manager"  It was really good. Taunt , well acted and I was surprised how good Tom Hiddleston was as the lead macho character. A good watch.  8/10

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished Mr Robot s1. I came close to binning it but it's good - nowhere near deserving the hype though as some of the acting is terrible. Rami Malik and Christian Slater are good though and the computer geek stuff seems authentic (i.e. I don't understand most of it).

Riddley Walker

4 episodes through Gomorrah now. I'd go as far to say it's the best opening 4 episodes I've watched of anything in a long time. Don Pietro is outstanding. As is his wife.

series 4 of braquo due to start soon.

excellent program

plus humans season 2 has just started.

another top notch  series

Rudolf's Mate

4 episodes through Gomorrah now. I'd go as far to say it's the best opening 4 episodes I've watched of anything in a long time. Don Pietro is outstanding. As is his wife.

Some incredible performances in it. Personally I started off with a dislike for Genny however I soon changed my perception. The music is also brilliant in it. Can't wait until season 3.

Started on The Americans last night and watched the pilot episode. For some reason I had got it in my head that I'd tried watching this previously and thought it was pish. I only decided to try again after reading quite a few posts saying how good it was. I definitely hadn't tried watching it however I'm hooked already. If the rest of the series is as good as the pilot then this should be brilliant.

Has anyone watched Hap & Leonard? Fairly recent one with Michael Kenneth Williams (indeed) & James Purefoy. Only heard about it last night however it's getting decent reviews.

Some incredible performances in it. Personally I started off with a dislike for Genny however I soon changed my perception. The music is also brilliant in it. Can't wait until season 3.

I like the fact that there's no good/bad guys. Absolutely everyone is a back-stabbing ****.

Ciro in particular is a loathable rodent of a man. The way he sticks his face inches away from people when he talks to them really annoys me...massive space invader.

No Pirlo - No Party

I like the fact that there's no good/bad guys. Absolutely everyone is a back-stabbing ****.

Ciro in particular is a loathable rodent of a man. The way he sticks his face inches away from people when he talks to them really annoys me...massive space invader.

Ciro! Ciro! Ciro! Ciro!

Quite enjoying Kingdom.Fans of mma might like it as thats the topic its set around.Bit strange to see that one of the Jonas brothers is one of the fighters though but he is alright in the role and they have done a pretty decent job of the fight scenes.

Probably (and hopefully) been mentioned a few times in this thread but I've just re watched some of and now gone on to complete watching 'Suits'

Watched 1&2 when they first aired but put it on the back burner

Now I've just watched them again and up to and including the last (that I can see) aired episode series 6 episode 10 and oh wow! Can't wait for either 6/11 or series 7

Fantastic television

Riddley Walker

This has really annoyed me since you pointed this out. He looks like he's about to stick his tongue down Genny's throat every time he speaks to him.

Rudolf's Mate

He's a snake however I found it hard to dislike him tbh. Very good character :lol: 

Riddley Walker

Just finished series 3 of Black Mirror last night. Excellent.

Watched the first four so far. They've been great, especially the first two.

Decided on "The Killing" series 3, never knew there was a series 3 and 4!! Thought the first two were good though.

There are only 3 seasons, unless you are watching the US version instead of the Danish one, which would be a horrible mistake.

There are only 3 seasons, unless you are watching the US version instead of the Danish one, which would be a horrible mistake.

It's the American version, the first episode of series 3 was good I thought.

Carl Fredrickson

3 episodes into Crown and it is surprisingly good.

Also catching up on The Missing series 2 and it is good but not as gripping as series 1. A fatal flaw in season 2 in that I think a DNA test would have been carried out (trying not to spoil things)

William H. Bonney

3 episodes into Crown and it is surprisingly good.

Also catching up on The Missing series 2 and it is good but not as gripping as series 1. A fatal flaw in season 2 in that I think a DNA test would have been carried out (trying not to spoil things)

I think season 2 is far superior to season 1 and a great deal more gripping

Big Slim Stylee

You know there's always one series you keep thinking "I must watch that" and never get round to it?  For for me that series is "Narcos."

FINALLY started it last week.  God it's brilliant.

You know there's always one series you keep thinking "I must watch that" and never get round to it?  For for me that series is "Narcos."

FINALLY started it last week.  God it's brilliant.

You've been and gone and done it now!!!! You'll be watching 2/3 episodes each night and have withdrawals when series 2 ends!!!

Truly fantastic TV.

Big Slim Stylee

You've been and gone and done it now!!!! You'll be watching 2/3 episodes each night and have withdrawals when series 2 ends!!!

Truly fantastic TV.

You're SOOO right :)  A bit bleary eyed this morning having just finished Series 1!!

It's hard to sympathise with any character in Gomorrah tbf :lol: Think there was one guy in season 2 who I quite liked but even he was a dodgy arrogant *******.

Just finished 5 series of Homeland, brilliant!

What now?? House of Cards?

Absolutely !!

Spiral was brilliant too. ( French cop drama )

Should be able to get it on catch up. 

Edited by Busby8

Couple of things I started watching this week

Goliath

Stars Billy BobThornton as a washed up lawyer fighting big lawyer firm and big company over mysterious wrongful death. It's a wee bit slow if I am honest but it's a good story which hopefully turns it into an excellent set. Acting, as you would expect from BBT is excellent.

Designated survivor

Stars Keifer Sutherland as a lowly member of the US government who becomes president when the real president and the other big shots are killed in a terrorist attack. It's got a few credibility issues but it's fast moving and quite entertaining so far. Typical solid Sutherland performance. Easy to watch and get hooked on. Worth looking at the pilot for sure.

Update

Goliath grew into a real good little series

However, Designated Survivor descended into farce with massive plot holes, weak story lines and dreadful acting, even Sutherland couldnt save it from being deleted from the watchlist.

Moving on to Gomorrah now.

Edited by CollyWolly

Rudolf's Mate

Finished Goliath and it was really good. Have to agree with Colly in that BBT was excellent. Funny as I wasn't a fan however that's 2 recent series (this & Fargo) I've watched I thought he was brilliant.

jack D and coke

Watched the first season of Lucifer. Decent enough, Tom Ellis is quite good as the devil and the totty is top notch with Leslie Ann Brandt and Lauren German just marvellous.

Edited by jack D and coke

Finished Goliath and it was really good. Have to agree with Colly in that BBT was excellent. Funny as I wasn't a fan however that's 2 recent series (this & Fargo) I've watched I thought he was brilliant.

Speaking of Fargo (in which BBT was of course brilliant) Season 3 has to be just about ready to launch. Ewen Macgregor in it so they tell me ?

Finished The Killing, the American one, last episode of the last series was not the best although I liked all four series over all.

Started House of Cards last night, looks really good.

Now I'm looking forward to Forgo, The Americans and The Leftovers, all have a new series due I think.

Carl Fredrickson

My son has asked to see Dr Who so we are watching the first series of the "new" ones. Both of us really enjoying it. I may lose the will to live with it as there are about 8 series of it on Netflix. 

Christopher Eccelston (sp?) and Billie Piper are well cast in their roles. 

Half way through Goliath after letting my Prime free trial run out!

Really enjoying it, BBT is brilliant.

Going to give Vikings a shot next!

Say What Again

Going to give Vikings a shot next!

Its superb.

The first few episodes are slow as they introduce the characters and the Viking way of life etc, but it really kicks off.

Black Sails isn't bad either on Amazon, if you find you enjoy Vikings. Feels a bit Disney-ish at the start but really progresses into a good show.

Getting to final episodes of season 2 of "Fargo" . It's been so good . It's basically like a modern day Western with the heros and villians in it . Amazing performances from a great cast too . It's also very very funny at times but it a dry droll way ! One minute there is a violent scene there within seconds a comical comment ! Outstanding . I'll watch last 3 episodes tonight ! A treat .

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

Riddley Walker

Getting to final episodes of season 2 of "Fargo" . It's been so good . It's basically like a modern day Western with the heros and villians in it . Amazing performances from a great cast too . It's also very very funny at times but it a dry droll way ! One minute there is a violent scene there within seconds a comical comment ! Outstanding . I'll watch last 3 episodes tonight ! A treat .

I've only watched the first 4 of season 2 but have stopped for now. I really wasn't feeling it, even though it seems to have got widespread acclaim.

I've only watched the first 4 of season 2 but have stopped for now. I really wasn't feeling it, even though it seems to have got widespread acclaim.

I know this can happen with some shows. I wasnt feeling it at first too but have stuck with it and really enjoying it. Kirsten Dunst gives a really outstanding comedy performace really , even although its  a drama i suppose. Try another couple of episodes mate Im positive you will like it. 

Season 2 was disappointing IMO. Especially the last couple of episodes and that WTF moment.

Yes the 9 th episode was rather odd and I think I can guess what the WTF moment was , some good theories about it though online . I finished it tonight and felt it was brilliant, very bleak , violent but incredibly funny at times .

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series