Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Carl Fredrickson

8 episodes into American Horror Story after it being recommended by a work colleague. Really enjoying it and the Mrs has freaked out a couple of times watching it. 

Not sure if I will watch all 5 series but I will stick with it until I get bored of it. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 episodes into American Horror Story after it being recommended by a work colleague. Really enjoying it and the Mrs has freaked out a couple of times watching it. 

Not sure if I will watch all 5 series but I will stick with it until I get bored of it. 

American horror story is brillant. IM an uber fan. The best season is the second one " Asylum". Most fans agree with this. Although the others are not far behind it.  After "Asylum"  I would suggest the next best is " Coven" follwed by " Murder house" Hotel then " Freak show", 

American horror story is brillant. IM an uber fan. The best season is the second one " Asylum". Most fans agree with this. Although the others are not far behind it. After "Asylum" I would suggest the next best is " Coven" follwed by " Murder house" Hotel then " Freak show",

I actually thought season 1 was the best and they got worse and worse after that, stopped watching hotel after 3 or 4 episodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really enjoying American horror story but So far Hotel is piss poor.

I've fallen asleep twice.

It may as well be Peter Griffins side boob hour because most of the first 5 episodes seem based around how much side boob lady gaga can show without exposing a nipple.

I was really enjoying American horror story but So far Hotel is piss poor.

I've fallen asleep twice.

It may as well be Peter Griffins side boob hour because most of the first 5 episodes seem based around how much side boob lady gaga can show without exposing a nipple.

Its not the best season but it does get better around episode 7 onwards..Try sticking with it

Just finished episode three of Frequency and really enjoying it, keeping close ties to the movie with Dennis Quaid I think they can  possibly get two seasons out of it but then struggle for forward momentum or story lines.

7/10 so far.

Don't you have Kodi?

Well, I think so, I need to get the wife to set it up better, we've tried but it's not really user friendly for someone as computer illiterate as me.

Rudolf's Mate

Well, I think so, I need to get the wife to set it up better, we've tried but it's not really user friendly for someone as computer illiterate as me.

If you've got Kodi you've got access to pretty much every box set and series going. I was watching The Night Of on Sky Go but got totally hacked off with the continuous adverts and ended up watching them on Kodi!

If you need any pointers just go over to the thread on it. Alternatively I can send you a couple of links (PM) which will show you how to setup two of the best addons within 3 mins and will cover all films and TV [emoji1303]

If you've got Kodi you've got access to pretty much every box set and series going. I was watching The Night Of on Sky Go but got totally hacked off with the continuous adverts and ended up watching them on Kodi!

If you need any pointers just go over to the thread on it. Alternatively I can send you a couple of links (PM) which will show you how to setup two of the best addons within 3 mins and will cover all films and TV [emoji1303]

Top man, cheers, I really need to get a handle on Kodi.

Just finished the Night Of.

Honestly couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Found it really boring. Won't be watching the second season that's for sure.

Also gave up on Luke Cage. It was ok but not got a patch on Jessica Jones or Daredevil. Again found myself getting bored.

Might give that Westworld a bash.

Say What Again

I watched Luke Cage out of loyalty to Daredevil and JJ, eventually. It started off promisingly with Cottonmouth and the end of ep3. I thought it's really going to kick on from here

And it didn't.

he spent more than half the series squaring up against a 'gangsta'. **** off. You're indestructible and your arch nemisis is Peter Stringfellow.

Oh and Cottonmouth wasstill a better villain than the councillerorthe dafty in the suit at the end

I watched Luke Cage out of loyalty to Daredevil and JJ, eventually. It started off promisingly with Cottonmouth and the end of ep3. I thought it's really going to kick on from here

And it didn't.

he spent more than half the series squaring up against a 'gangsta'. **** off. You're indestructible and your arch nemisis is Peter Stringfellow.

Oh and Cottonmouth wasstill a better villain than the councillerorthe dafty in the suit at the end

Agree with this. I'm really surprised with the reviews it got. Jessica Jones and Daredevil were miles ahead of this.

...a bit disco

And it didn't.

The only thing I got from Luke Cage was Jidenna-Hail To The Chief.

Say What Again

The only thing I got from Luke Cage was Jidenna-Hail To The Chief.

That and Black Lives Matter.

The MLK style speech in the po-lees station near the end?

Sorry, but I prefer my comic book heros in a cape fighting mutated evil scientists instead of racist America.

...a bit disco

That and Black Lives Matter.

The MLK style speech in the po-lees station near the end?

Sorry, but I prefer my comic book heros in a cape fighting mutated evil scientists instead of racist America.

Yup.

Way too much preaching going on.

Stranger Things - Weeks ago I watched the first episode and dismissed it as kids drivel. However loads of folk kept raving about it so I re-visited and binge watched it in 2 nights. Actually its excellent. Some of the kids acting is dreadful but the story line makes up for it. Robbie Neilson is great in it.(those who have seen it will know who I mean)

Edited by CollyWolly

I just finished the 4th and present series of " The Americans".

It has been excellent. Really great show about sleeper Russian Spies in the early 1980s when a nuclear was was a very high threat with Reagan at the helm in the USA. The series also looks at the human aspects of being a spy and having a family in the USA. There are various great story lines in the series and some heartbreaking scenes particularly  relating to the characters Martha and Nina.  Those who have watched it will know what im talking about. Id highly recommend it. 

Currently watching " The Fall" as well which is terrific and also  " The missing

Ill definatley try " The Exorcist" as the film was brilliant. Exorcist 2 was awful but camp but " Exoricst 3"  was chilling and i lietrally had the fright of my life with one of the scenes. Scary as f**** . 

William H. Bonney

I just finished the 4th and present series of " The Americans".

It has been excellent. Really great show about sleeper Russian Spies in the early 1980s when a nuclear was was a very high threat with Reagan at the helm in the USA. The series also looks at the human aspects of being a spy and having a family in the USA. There are various great story lines in the series and some heartbreaking scenes particularly relating to the characters Martha and Nina. Those who have watched it will know what im talking about. Id highly recommend it.

Currently watching " The Fall" as well which is terrific and also " The missing"

Ill definatley try " The Exorcist" as the film was brilliant. Exorcist 2 was awful but camp but " Exoricst 3" was chilling and i lietrally had the fright of my life with one of the scenes. Scary as ***** .

The corridor scene in the hospital?

Carl Fredrickson

Finished season 2 of American Horror Story. Tremendous viewing. Not my normal choice of thing to watch but have enjoyed it way more than I expected.. 

Watched episode 1 of The Fall as I forgot to record it and will binge on the rest. 

Watched episode 1 of The Missing last night and will watch the second episode tonight. Series 1 was very well done and it must be a parents worst nightmare to lose a kid. 

luckyBatistuta

Atlanta...I thought it was quite funny, but I think there will be some who think it's a lot of shoite.

Watch out for Marcus Miles prototype car in the final episode :rofl:

The corridor scene in the hospital?

YES....scared the shit out of me. ..Even after repeated viewings. Its a brilliant film too.  It really is the follow up to the Exorcist as such. 

jack D and coke

Nearly finished Prison Break and honestly what a load of utter bollocks it is. Far fetched, complete and utter nonsense but strangely addictive[emoji1]

And it didn't.

i stopped watch luke cage after ep5 as it was a chore watching it. jessica jones and daredevil were so much better

Nearly finished Prison Break and honestly what a load of utter bollocks it is. Far fetched, complete and utter nonsense but strangely addictive[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quot]

The first couple of series were good then it turned into pish. Addictive pish though!!

There's a new series coming!

The last two seasons are utterly ridiculous

jack D and coke

I couldn't finish the last season. It made no sense.

I've almost got to see just how silly it can get[emoji1]

Interesting views about " Prison Break" . It does take a downward spiral dramatically after season 2.  Pathetic in fact

There are several shows I have lost interest in after watching one or two seasons.

These include "Orphan Black" "Bates motel" and " The blacklist".  They just felt like they were going nowhere. 

Interesting views about " Prison Break" . It does take a downward spiral dramatically after season 2.  Pathetic in fact

There are several shows I have lost interest in after watching one or two seasons.

These include "Orphan Black" "Bates motel" and " The blacklist".  They just felt like they were going nowhere.

I chucked the black list too, I've done the same with The Fall, watched the first two episodes of servers 3 and deleted it recording on sky.

Loving Homeland.

I chucked the black list too, I've done the same with The Fall, watched the first two episodes of servers 3 and deleted it recording on sky.

Loving Homeland.

Yeah me too regarding the blacklist. Im enjoying the Fall. I know its not as exciting and violent as first two seasons but its very psychogically interest a la " Silence of the lambs" and we all no that Paul Spector is going to go mental big time in the last two episodes. 

Disser Pointon

Goliath starring billy bob thornton is well worth a watch. 

Have watched the first 2 episodes, really enjoying it................................that ending of episode 2, jeezo!!!!!

Have watched the first 2 episodes, really enjoying it................................that ending of episode 2, jeezo!!!!!

Just started with Episode 1. really good start so will binge watch over the weekend probably.

This thread is brilliant by the way !!!

Rudolf's Mate

I'm currently watching The 100 & Luke Cage with the Mrs. Thought 100 has been pretty decent tbh and well worth a watch. I really have no idea wtf Luke Cage is all about. I was expecting huge things from this however despite some episodes starting well it generally gets to the point that I want to turn it off. In fact last night I fell asleep watching it!

Carl Fredrickson

Watching series 3 of Black Mirror and only one episode to go.

Really enjoying them - thought provoking stuff with one or two with decent twists. 

Been watching Chance with Hugh Lawrie, up to episode three so far and has kind of flown under the radar - loving it so far ( Phycological thriller with moderate violence)

Interesting role he took as another Doctor after Dr. House.

8/10

Couple of things I started watching this week

Goliath

Stars Billy BobThornton as a washed up lawyer fighting big lawyer firm and big company over mysterious wrongful death. It's a wee bit slow if I am honest but it's a good story which hopefully turns it into an excellent set. Acting, as you would expect from BBT is excellent.

Designated survivor

Stars Keifer Sutherland as a lowly member of the US government who becomes president when the real president and the other big shots are killed in a terrorist attack. It's got a few credibility issues but it's fast moving and quite entertaining so far. Typical solid Sutherland performance. Easy to watch and get hooked on. Worth looking at the pilot for sure.

rudi must stay

'Hitler: The Rise and Fall' has been really good on channel 4.

Has been a fascinating watch. 'The Crown' will be on Netflix soon, usually drama about the royal family, but they have made some interesting choices with the casting

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series