Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

There are only 3 seasons, unless you are watching the US version instead of the Danish one, which would be a horrible mistake.

Danish one is really good but have only seen seasons 1 and 2 so far

Also - would highly recommend the Bridge

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riddley Walker

I know this can happen with some shows. I wasnt feeling it at first too but have stuck with it and really enjoying it. Kirsten Dunst gives a really outstanding comedy performace really , even although its a drama i suppose. Try another couple of episodes mate Im positive you will like it.

Yep I'll definitely get into it again man. 6 episodes through Narcos S2 just now, will probably watch Gomorrah S2 next then go back to Fargo.

Funny you say that about K Dunst, I found her really annoying with a poor accent the first 2 episodes, but she grew on me for 3-4 and I thought she turned it around.

Danish one is really good but have only seen seasons 1 and 2 so far

Also - would highly recommend the Bridge

The Bridge is superb. (original Danish/Swedish version)

Yep I'll definitely get into it again man. 6 episodes through Narcos S2 just now, will probably watch Gomorrah S2 next then go back to Fargo.

Funny you say that about K Dunst, I found her really annoying with a poor accent the first 2 episodes, but she grew on me for 3-4 and I thought she turned it around.

All the cast are great in it but she has a complex role played very cleverly , there a masterclass in acting from her in the final episode but wont spoil it in case you watch the rest . Yeah well Narcos is superb and I really want to see Gommorah but can't locate a good download for it .

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Speaking of Fargo (in which BBT was of course brilliant) Season 3 has to be just about ready to launch. Ewen Macgregor in it so they tell me ?

Aye I think it was mentioned a while back.

On Vikings. Looked just before I came on here as I knew it was due to start. I had no idea the guy that plays Ragnar was Australian [emoji85] Bloody good actor [emoji3]

Aye I think it was mentioned a while back.

On Vikings. Looked just before I came on here as I knew it was due to start. I had no idea the guy that plays Ragnar was Australian [emoji85] Bloody good actor [emoji3]

You've obviously not seen Warcraft cause you wouldn't say that about him. Though he is good in Vikings.

Meant to add [emoji85]

Finished The Americans. Brilliant viewing and highly recommended. Well done those who mentioned it.

Glad u enjoyed you enjoyed it. 

Club de Cuervos on Netflix season 2 been added.

Mexican comedy/drama about a football team run by a brother and sister. Alot of the daft things that happen could and might have happened with us under Vlad. Worth watching IMO.

Bosch Season 2 has been really good so far. 4 episodes in & been impressed.

Rather annoyingly I started the second series last week only to discover it's based on a book I only read a couple of months ago.

Rudolf's Mate

Rather annoyingly I started the second series last week only to discover it's based on a book I only read a couple of months ago.

[emoji85] nightmare lol.

ToadKiller Dog

Have stuck with Marco Polo on Netflix , the start was a bit muddled but it has got better into the second series , Benedict Wong doing a great job as Kublai Khan ,

spoiler alert

scene where he kills the child emperor was well done .

Have stuck with Marco Polo on Netflix , the start was a bit muddled but it has got better into the second series , Benedict Wong doing a great job as Kublai Khan ,

spoiler alert

scene where he kills the child emperor was well done .

Not been picked up by Netflix for a third season.

Riddley Walker

Trying to choose something new to start tonight. At the moment it's between Black Sails, Vikings, The Expanse and 3%. Anyone watched either of the latter 2?

Finished Penny Dreadful and caught up with Walking Dead so looking for something new. A bit funny & light hearted, Penny Dreadful can get a bit dreary! At least Walking Dead gives you a laugh, even if just for the acting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to choose something new to start tonight. At the moment it's between Black Sails, Vikings, The Expanse and 3%. Anyone watched either of the latter 2?

I started watching Vikings & really enjoyed it. Well worth a try.

Disser Pointon

Vikings and Black Sails are both excellent, Black sails in particular gets better the longer it goes on whilst I feel vikings has gotten a bit weaker.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Expanse isnt that great.Im a big scifi fan and it seems like it should be so much better.It has a kind of Blade Runner/Total Recall universe to it but it just falls flat imo im up to episode 10 now so i am going to finish it though.

Disser Pointon

Decided on Black Sails. Cheers for the replies.

You won't be disappointed especially as it goes on, ran GOT very close for me with the most recent series and can't wait for the new one next month. Unfortunately it's the last, I hope there's a spin off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

Finished Penny Dreadful and caught up with Walking Dead so looking for something new. A bit funny & light hearted, Penny Dreadful can get a bit dreary! At least Walking Dead gives you a laugh, even if just for the acting.

Lucifer is decent and it's quite funny at times.

Some quality poontang too[emoji1360]

Lucifer is decent and it's quite funny at times.

Some quality poontang too[emoji1360]

Cheers [emoji106]

Riddley Walker

You won't be disappointed especially as it goes on, ran GOT very close for me with the most recent series and can't wait for the new one next month. Unfortunately it's the last, I hope there's a spin off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watched the first two last night, enjoyed them a lot. Some good moments of humour as well. Looking forward to seeing it kick on.

Have recently watched The Missing on BBC, which was really excellent, and BBC4's latest scandi-noir import Modus - also very good if not quite at the level of The Bridge.

Finished season one of " Gomorrah " I'd highly recommend it! So brutal and violent, with interesting characters too . Shame they killed off one of the best characters in episode 11, reminded me of a similar thing happening with " boardwalk empire" I suppose it's brave on the writers part I guess. Im looking forward to season 2 now .

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

...a bit disco

Just watched The OA.

Enjoyed it immensely.

Worth sticking with if a cross between Stranger Things and The Leftovers is your bag.

A few recent watches:

David Brent 

6.5/10

Loved The Office but this doesn't quite hit the right notes for me

Don't Think Twice

5.5/10

Seriously lacking in laughs for a film about an improv comedy group

Don't Breathe 

7/10

Liked this horror/thriller more than expected. A few daft moments but well worth a watch.

Carl Fredrickson

A few recent watches:

David Brent 

6.5/10

Loved The Office but this doesn't quite hit the right notes for me

Don't Think Twice

5.5/10

Seriously lacking in laughs for a film about an improv comedy group

Don't Breathe 

7/10

Liked this horror/thriller more than expected. A few daft moments but well worth a watch.

Cheers for the reviews but I think you may have posted on the wrong thread :) 

jack D and coke

Started Westworld....interesting. Gonna have to watch that first episode again I think though, I'm fairly sure I've missed some important bits. I really like the idea of what it's supposed to be about though.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Finished Startup :wow:

One of those series you're immediately gutted it's ended and can't wait for the next one!

Just finished watching this, fantastic tv.

Interesting plot and actors that you actually care about. I hope they renew for a 2nd season but unsure due to those critic reviews, they're an absolute nonsense. I suppose that's what happens when you don't stuff their faces with succulent lamb.

I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys a show that's interesting from the moment you turn it on until the last, 10/10. :thumbsup:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series