Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Watched the first episode of True Detective. Can't say I'm hugely impressed with it so far.

Is it worth sticking with?

It's a slow burner but I'd give it another 2 episodes to see if it's for you. I didn't particularly like it too much and if it wasn't for the Mrs I would of switched it off. Can't fault the acting though it is superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interested to hear people's views on The Walking Dead. Scores well on imdb but zombies isn't really my thing. I like sci fi and I'm happy to go along with random stuff like smoke monsters in Lost, super powers in The 4400...... just not sure about the zombies!

I should add that I didn't think GOT would be my thing before watching it......... and I think thats a tremendous show having seen it.

Edited by Disco Dave

Interested to hear people's views on The Walking Dead. Scores well on imdb but zombies isn't really my thing. I like sci fi and I'm happy to go along with random stuff like smoke monsters in Lost, super powers in The 4400...... just not sure about the zombies!

I should add that I didn't think GOT would be my thing before watching it......... and I think thats a tremendous show having seen it.

the first 4 or so series are good it does go a bit down from there. Watch it and make up your own mind Edited by milky_26

Unless you love zombie things it's probably not for you, as there is a complete lack of plot development, shoddy acting, mostly poor characters and frequently awful dialogue.

I wouldn't worry about it being zombies as although they are in it it's hardly about them after the first couple of seasons and more just about survival

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Unless you love zombie things it's probably not for you, as there is a complete lack of plot development, shoddy acting, mostly poor characters and frequently awful dialogue.

The zombies aren't even relevant anymore :vrface:

I'm a couple of episodes in to HELL on WHEELS, so far I've quite enjoyed it, seems like it could be decent.

I thought it was brilliant.

To be fair though any western does me.

The Swede against Bohannon was brilliant tv with a great ending.

JudyJudyJudy

Done exactly the same with fortitude, season 1 was very intreaguing etc, season 2 starts and there is several new characters without any real explanation of who they are and then the storyline just completely changes from series 1, so many plot holes etc

Yes completely agree , it is incredibly bad but I'm still watching it to the end , the plot in the second season is ludicrous . Such a waste of talented actors , the scene where the characters castrates himself was particularly sick inducing

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

Say What Again

Black sails final episode.......fantastic.

I watched it yesterday and couldn't quite decide if I liked the conclusion or not. Good episode and a great show all round, but it just seemed a little hurried at the end.

I know there wasn't much they could play out, and the double-cross, triple-cross, quadruple-cross was starting to drag, it just felt a little quick. With 15 minutes to go of the show finale it still wasn't obvious how all the storylines were going to wrap up. Then bish, bash, bosh, that's it concluded.

I'm probably being harsh, but I liked it so much I maybe hoped for too much at the end.

Rudolf's Mate

Genuinely can't stand stuff with zombies or horrors for that matter however I love Walking Dead. It was Jack D that got me into it but I'm glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seymour M Hersh

Wife and I have been enjoying Bull (Dinozzo from NCIS) and the McGyver reboot which is daft and unbelievable but harmlessly entertaining for an hour. Definitely worth a look for this gal though.

post-1316-0-23723300-1491371075_thumb.jpg

Finished season one of StartUp. Excellent!! even though the finish to the send of story arc of season one couldve been better. Obviously tee-ing themselves up for season 2.

Excellent characters. Big Ronny is the man.

Binge watched Start Up last weekend. I thought it was pretty damn good. Unusual plot. Unique interesting characters. Good acting (Martin Freeman especially) Bound to be a Season 2, which I'll watch, but I sort of wish they had tied Season 1 up and left it there as a stand alone decent mini series. If something goes to Season 3/4/5 etc I get bored of it and give up, with a couple of exceptions.

Edited by CollyWolly

luckyBatistuta

Genuinely can't stand stuff with zombies or horrors for that matter however I love Walking Dead. It was Jack D that got me into it but I'm glad I did.

I'm into that kind of stuff, but must admit I didn't think a zombie type tv series would actually work. It's definitely up there with the best ones that I've watched though.

iZombie is a completely different zombie show to Walking Dead, based on a comic and is more of a comedy than a serious drama. The zombies in this can stay fairly "normal" as long as they get a regular dose of the grey matter. They also take on the brain's owners character and memories once they've partaken. The lead character uses this to work in the city morgue and solve murders.

It takes a bit to get going, but it's a pretty fun show once you get into it. Reminds me of Buffy a bit, but with zombies. The main character, Olivia, is pretty hot too, as is her best friend, Peyton...which helps :). The third season has just started on Netflix. 

luckyBatistuta

iZombie is a completely different zombie show to Walking Dead, based on a comic and is more of a comedy than a serious drama. The zombies in this can stay fairly "normal" as long as they get a regular dose of the grey matter. They also take on the brain's owners character and memories once they've partaken. The lead character uses this to work in the city morgue and solve murders.

It takes a bit to get going, but it's a pretty fun show once you get into it. Reminds me of Buffy a bit, but with zombies. The main character, Olivia, is pretty hot too, as is her best friend, Peyton...which helps :). The third season has just started on Netflix.

Not watched it, because my mate who pretty much has the same tastes movie/tv show wise said it was rubbish. You've confirmed it for me now, as I couldn't stand Buffy.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm into that kind of stuff, but must admit I didn't think a zombie type tv series would actually work. It's definitely up there with the best ones that I've watched though.

It changed my view on stuff like that tbh. I also watched and enjoyed Fear Walking Dead.

The last kingdom is the current show for me. Watching the 1st season and its pretty decent.

It's really good. Wasn't sure what to make of the first few episodes as you can't help but compare it to Vikings. That said, it gets stronger and stronger as it goes on.

luckyBatistuta

It changed my view on stuff like that tbh. I also watched and enjoyed Fear Walking Dead

Started watching that and was really enjoying, but just never got round to watching the rest of it after the break.

The last kingdom is the current show for me. Watching the 1st season and its pretty decent.

Yeah i think it's good actually think it's just as good as Vikings.Vikings is more mythology were Last Kingdom is more factual.

Jambof3tornado

Yeah i think it's good actually think it's just as good as Vikings.Vikings is more mythology were Last Kingdom is more factual.

Noticed that already and I'm only on episode 3. Didn't realise it was a big budget show (well ?5m an episode apparently).

I watched it yesterday and couldn't quite decide if I liked the conclusion or not. Good episode and a great show all round, but it just seemed a little hurried at the end.

I know there wasn't much they could play out, and the double-cross, triple-cross, quadruple-cross was starting to drag, it just felt a little quick. With 15 minutes to go of the show finale it still wasn't obvious how all the storylines were going to wrap up. Then bish, bash, bosh, that's it concluded.

I'm probably being harsh, but I liked it so much I maybe hoped for too much at the end.

Yeah i pretty much felt the same

I see the first episode of Better call Saul season 3 is on Netflix now. Looking forward to watching it tomorrow

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I highly recommend the Charlie Falco story(gangland undercover) it tells his story infiltrating biker gangs in America it is brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great shout. Hadn't heard of this before but on to season 2 already. Fantastic viewing

Anyone know where I can watch season 2 of gangland undercover?

Buggers at sky deleted it from on demand but I've one episode left!!!

7 years in I've started to watch The Walking Dead. Really enjoying it.

Watched 2 seasons in the last two weeks.

Same but with Californication - only half hour episodes so done 4 series in a fortnight.

Not sure if it has already been mentioned - The Get Down on Netflix

Was disappointed by it at first but grew into it and the second series is better. A bit unsure of the ending though.

Yeah I like it. Fan of Wilson from the the office series. Good show. Surprised it never got a second series.

Dunno if the popularity on Netflix will help push one through.

Was disappointed by it at first but grew into it and the second series is better. A bit unsure of the ending though.

Awesome didn't realise there was a second season.

...a bit disco

The Leftovers is back for it's 3rd and final season.

More confusing than ever but...unmissable and amazing television!

I think?!?!

Edited by ...a bit disco

I think?!?!

Where?!! Watched the last two series and liked them.

I think?!?!

No mate you are right. It's awesome tv, definitely confusing but so compelling. Last season too??

...a bit disco

No mate you are right. It's awesome tv, definitely confusing but so compelling. Last season too??

:thumbsup:

Black Sails Finished.
Gangland Undercover Season 2 Finished.
Tore through Start Up.

Game of Thrones isnt out yet.

NEED SOMETHING NEW TO WATCH!?

anyone gave Revolution a try?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series