Riotwatch

Italian Lambretta

**** me. no wonder this country is well and truly demented.

the IPCC have stated that the gun found next to that duggan guy may not have been fired and that it may not be possible to establish whether or not it has. it was loaded though.

how does his family react? to demand that someone is brought to account for his shooting because it's totally unacceptable. he had a loaded handgun in his possession FFS!!!

how do people find the empowerment to rip into the police when the person they're trying to justify has clearly broken one of the most serious laws in the land?

i feckin despair.

No one has said the gun was loaded, how do you know that the gun was his? The family have a right to know, al this 'he was yardie' is piss and mis-information. There seems to be something not right with the whole thing and i think the family have a right to know.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Private Hudson

it's the kind of thing that really kicks me in the guts. complete and total abdication of responsibility. a brazen self-opt out of living within the law.

the police have already made a groveling apology to that lot over some other grievance. it's utterly sickening that the police have to jump through hoops like that.

It's the 'Get Rich or Die Trying' generation. It's completely acceptable to be a drug dealing, gun-toting, Yardie but not acceptable to shoot one that draws a gun on you.

No one has said the gun was loaded, how do you know that the gun was his? The family have a right to know, al this 'he was yardie' is piss and mis-information. There seems to be something not right with the whole thing and i think the family have a right to know.

a report on SKY news stated that there was a bullet in the gun. even if there wasn't, in the event of him handling a gun in that situation then there's every chance he could be shot. unless of course we're to believe this pish about the gun being planted.

edit - and how do you know the yardie / drug dealer stuff is mis-information?

there was a bullet in the chamber. sky news were reporting this at least an hour ago.

Nicholas Brody

There was a bullet in the magazine.

Private Hudson

No one has said the gun was loaded*, how do you know that the gun was his? The family have a right to know, al this 'he was yardie' is piss and mis-information. There seems to be something not right with the whole thing and i think the family have a right to know.

*The IPCC just have.

According to whom?

Dagger Is Back

Coming from the poster who was objecting to being called ignorant this bit seems somewhat audacious.

Is that supposed to be socratic?

Won't come as a surpise but I had to look that up!

As far as calling you daft....Oops

I need to go and do some research on the history of blacks in this country TC to help me get the answers I'm looking for.

Dagger Is Back

Your rational response make me feel bad for having a go.

Fair enough you've admitted you're not clued up on the distinctions of social class. I shan't claim to know a lot about it, I don't. I just thought it was common knowledge to know that the majority of the afro-carribean British population, especially in London, reside in the lower class and many of them toe the poverty line. Y'knowha'amean, bruv?

Don't. It's all about sharing opinions and information. Nowt wrong with that.

I didn't realise that to be honest so talk about living life in a bubble!

BoJack Horseman

Of course I know the history of our country and the oppression of lots of peoples due to race, religion etc. but I'll read the link anyway ta. Will help me broaden my understanding and no I'm not taking the piss. Things have moved a helluva long way since those dreadful days surely to God?

We have successful black people in every community and in every walk of life. You obviously do think we're incredibly racist as a country. I wouldn't share that view but each to our own.

This whole issue isn't about race (there are loads of law abiding people of all creeds in London and beyond who are devastated by all of this),it's about civil disobedience by a group of people who feel disadvantaged and I'd imagine are in the main poorly educated, and organised criminals taking advantage of the opportunity.

Well, no, we haven't come far from then. Blacks are, and will continue to be, oppressed in this country. Of course there are exceptions, that does not make them the rule. The president of the United States is black and look at the level of oppression over there.

We are a racist country, it's in our core. It's how we're raised. We don't believe ourselves to be because oh we're definitely above that, but no. It's incredibly naive to believe that as a whole, we're not racist. Of course we are.

Your last paragraph is half on the mark. These acts of crimes are being acted out by the impoverished people of the communities themselves that are being attacked. It just so happens that the man that was shot came from a predominantly black community and as such much of the initial protesters were from that race and subsequently the opportunistic looters obviously fall into that race. As the riots have gone on and have spread, the same class of people, from other areas are races have joined in resulting in a very mixed affair.

Your point about them feeling disadvantaged however, I do not agree with. Yes, they probably do feel that way but that isn't the cause of the riots. The riots are pure mindless vandalism caused by a mob mentality of a group of youths who frankly, don't care.

stand corrected on it being a load gun.

Still think the family have a right to answer to what actually happened, there was witness so the truth will come out.

Right now is probably not the right time for reporters to try and get the family members to speak to them, no good can come of this as they are obviously still hurting and maybe do not appreciate how their comments are coming across to the public.

As for my Yardie comments, drug dealers get shot down in london all the time, can't remember a community being so up in arms and raging like this before makes me think.

Dagger Is Back

Why do you not play the Predictor any more? :unsure:

;):D

Uly, coz I was shite. :thumbsup:

Also I didn't realise you'd started another one. Oops again.

The Old Tolbooth

**** me. no wonder this country is well and truly demented.

the IPCC have stated that the gun found next to that duggan guy may not have been fired and that it may not be possible to establish whether or not it has. it was loaded though.

how does his family react? to demand that someone is brought to account for his shooting because it's totally unacceptable. he had a loaded handgun in his possession FFS!!!

how do people find the empowerment to rip into the police when the person they're trying to justify has clearly broken one of the most serious laws in the land?

i feckin despair.

I'm behind you 100% on this one.

Also, all those shops that were looted and burnt out, barely any of them had any insurance, and yet some daft bint was on TV a wee while ago stating that the taxpayer should pay to get cover their losses, WHAT??? :blink:

The gun was loaded and capable of firing real bullets. But even if it wasn't, if you carry a gun and have managed to attract enough attention through your previous misdoings that armed police are coming to arrest you, then you're taking a huge risk and when you get shot you've got only yourself to blame. Would you expect the police to invite him to take a shot first?

What do you call a gangster who's only 3 foot tall?

A Yardie

Vlad-Stupid

What do you call a gangster who's only 3 foot tall?

A Yardie

That is pretty amusing

stand corrected on it being a load gun.

Still think the family have a right to answer to what actually happened, there was witness so the truth will come out.

Right now is probably not the right time for reporters to try and get the family members to speak to them, no good can come of this as they are obviously still hurting and maybe do not appreciate how their comments are coming across to the public.

As for my Yardie comments, drug dealers get shot down in london all the time, can't remember a community being so up in arms and raging like this before makes me think.

you're right that the family have a right to the facts and to be kept well informed at every stage.

what they don't have a right to is to rip into the police until all the facts are established. they are still very much in the spotlight and should try to act with a bit of dignity and responsibility in order to avoid inflaming tensions still further.

i think it's actually sickening that they should harangue the police in this way, given the facts that are already known.

Also, all those shops that were looted and burnt out, barely any of them had any insurance, and yet some daft bint was on TV a wee while ago stating that the taxpayer should pay to get cover their losses, WHAT??? :blink:

Wasn't it more about them not having sufficient cover rather than no insurance? i.e. not having the class of insurance which covers for things like plagues of locusts, meteors and civil unrest or something?

:vrface: but not a surprise tbh. another example of the abdication of personal responsibility that pervades modern society.

Dagger Is Back

Well, no, we haven't come far from then. Blacks are, and will continue to be, oppressed in this country. Of course there are exceptions, that does not make them the rule. The president of the United States is black and look at the level of oppression over there.

We are a racist country, it's in our core. It's how we're raised. We don't believe ourselves to be because oh we're definitely above that, but no. It's incredibly naive to believe that as a whole, we're not racist. Of course we are.

Your last paragraph is half on the mark. These acts of crimes are being acted out by the impoverished people of the communities themselves that are being attacked. It just so happens that the man that was shot came from a predominantly black community and as such much of the initial protesters were from that race and subsequently the opportunistic looters obviously fall into that race. As the riots have gone on and have spread, the same class of people, from other areas are races have joined in resulting in a very mixed affair.

Your point about them feeling disadvantaged however, I do not agree with. Yes, they probably do feel that way but that isn't the cause of the riots. The riots are pure mindless vandalism caused by a mob mentality of a group of youths who frankly, don't care.

Saul I need to do some reading so gonna sign off for a while. Appreciate the info, links and debate.

Let's agree that this comes to a swift end without any more loss of life.

The Old Tolbooth

Wasn't it more about them not having sufficient cover rather than no insurance? i.e. not having the class of insurance which covers for things like plagues of locusts, meteors and civil unrest or something?

No, the lass on TV clearly said that very few of the shops had any insurance cover at all as they tried to save on premiums, that in itself is against the law.

Wolverhampton kicking off and here's a pic from someone on the scene

post-504-0-80194200-1312913044_thumb.jpg

you're right that the family have a right to the facts and to be kept well informed at every stage.

what they don't have a right to is to rip into the police until all the facts are established. they are still very much in the spotlight and should try to act with a bit of dignity and responsibility in order to avoid inflaming tensions still further.

i think it's actually sickening that they should harangue the police in this way, given the facts that are already known.

What exactly have they been saying? Got any links Jim?

just from the news programmes.

the IPCC say that there's no evidence that the gun was fired. the family say it's totally unacceptable in this day and age that he was shot. and that someone needs to be brought accountable for it.

no mention from them about their loved one's loaded handgun.

Nicholas Brody

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14459516

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16046775

His family issued a statement saying: "We feel completely gutted. Someone must be made accountable for this. We can't believe that they can do this. In this day and age this is completely unacceptable. We are very, very angry and we want answers now from the police."

:vrface:

Its called human emotions, this is why my reply was aimed at the media rather than the family as there is no need in them to inflame the situation!

Having just lost a family member (albeit a not very nice one) it's surely understandable that they're not being as rational,reasonable and balanced as they could be

Its called human emotions, this is why my reply was aimed at the media rather than the family as there is no need in them to inflame the situation!

Having just lost a family member (albeit a not very nice one) it's surely understandable that they're not being as rational,reasonable and balanced as they could be

while there's logic in that, i don't accept it in this situation. there are enough facts known already to ensure that any normal person would think twice about going on the attack in that manner. it's just not right to lay the blame on the police like that.

jambopompey

If this was down to the police and their actions, why attack businesses, private property, what we are now seeing is copycat actions in other cities, where those involved are seeing that the police are not allowed to re-act on how they wish and how many people want them to act, get stuck into them, the longer this goes on the more and more people are going to say we can do this as well

chester copperpot

Anyone else doing the night shift with me again tonight?

Just had 2 very strong cups of coffee as was starting to flag there.

Rumours starting all over Facebook or gatherings in Gorgie and Princes Street... surely utter shite.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Rumours starting all over Facebook or gatherings in Gorgie and Princes Street... surely utter shite.

Fist of Gorgie are patrolling the area as we speak, hunting out and knocking on the head any potential trouble. cool.gif

BoJack Horseman

I'd imagine so. If it's going to start anywhere, it will be down Leith way.

Anyone else doing the night shift with me again tonight?

Just had 2 very strong cups of coffee as was starting to flag there.

I start a new job in the morning so hopefully im out.. There is crowds in princes Street ... the festival is on.. :huh:

Private Hudson

It's the complete lack of shame they exhibit that bothers me. If a member of my family was a gun-toting, coke selling Yardie who'd been shot I think I might try and keep a low profile so my family's name wouldn't be dragged through the mud with him.

i imagine there will be hoaxes aplenty on facebook, but i also hope that any facetards involved end up getting collared for it.

The riot never came but it always felt imminent, it was very freaky being stuck in the store with the shutters down and no idea what was going on outside. We reopened against my wishes and were open til after 6 when everyone else was closed. Felt like a target and i've been on edge since I first evacuated the shop.

I'm home, safe and sound now and every shop and petrol station I passed on the way home was shut. It's nice to work for a company that cares for you isn't it.

PROFIT over people. Disgusting

I was thinking what the hell are they going to loot in gorgie? Greggs?!?

Boots... they looted diocalm in London last night :ermm:

I was thinking what the hell are they going to loot in gorgie? Greggs?!?

******* copycats!

chester copperpot

The riot never came but it always felt imminent, it was very freaky being stuck in the store with the shutters down and no idea what was going on outside. We reopened against my wishes and were open til after 6 when everyone else was closed. Felt like a target and i've been on edge since I first evacuated the shop.

I'm home, safe and sound now and every shop and petrol station I passed on the way home was shut. It's nice to work for a company that cares for you isn't it.

Glad to hear you're home safe and sound, that's the main thing.

Private Hudson

Glad you're cool. What fine pillar of the community do you work for?

chester copperpot

Glad you're cool. What fine pillar of the community do you work for?

Must be a Tesco.

Archived