Riotwatch

Italian Lambretta

BoJack Horseman

•  
  • Black guy shot in Tottenham
  • Local black community in uproar
  • Local black community march out on an initial peaceful protest looking for 'answers'
  • Breakaway group of 'yoofs' start with mindless vandalism and launching missiles at police
  • As they are getting away with vandalism, the yoofs turn to looting
  • They let their pals know they are getting away with it via BBM
  • Their pals join in (welcome white boys)
  • Other local estates see this and also try their hand
  • Police presence spreads and thins
  • Other burghs/towns/cities take notice and their local yoof contingency decides they want a crack at 'PHREEEEE MUNNNEYY'
  • Lather, rinse, repeat

There're no politics here. It's all mindless thuggery, vandalism and theft. It's all opportunistic. They haven't 'broken', they're not 'pissed off' or 'had enough'. They're just bored, they've seen the opportunity to have what they regard has 'fun' and have run with it. It started as slightly political but that's not what it is any more. There can be no resolution as there is nothing to resolve. It's all about greed.

I'm not sure how everyone can't see this? It seems patently obvious to me sitting in my house in Edinburgh, or am I completely missing something?

Why are we still talking about the economy, politics etc when it's clear that it has nothing to do with that. It's just thugs. In groups. They wouldn't do it on their own but it's easy to act in a group when you have that slight sense of anonymity.

People asking why it hasn't happened before now? Because there was no catalyst. The lad that got shot was the catalyst.

Here's the same effect, but in a more upbeat environment. The first guy is Tottenham, the second is Hackney.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The People's Chimp

only signed up to twitter at 12 last night, not being off it since.

http://www.flickr.co...29000/lightbox/

It was a distribution centre that they robbed then set it on fire to destroy the evidence! A lot is mindless madness but the proper criminals are hitting the big targets

Stories floating about of vehicles coming down from the north, vans from all over - the mindless attacks are now a cover for the serious thieves to get on board and stock up.

Here's the same effect, but in a more upbeat environment. The first guy is Tottenham, the second is Hackney.

Drugs are barry.

chester copperpot

Err....so they say! :whistling:

Indeed, I wouldn't know (it's all shite quality through here in the West)

BoJack Horseman

3gQdM.jpg

Seriously? Looting from Poundland? She must have a maximum of 7 items there. Who robs ?7 worth of gear?

Tommy Wiseau

Goosebumps when I opened that up on twitter

:sob:

Same. Amazing scenes. The video I posted earlier was the same. After last night being ashamed to be of the same species as the filth looting people's houses, robbing injured young men etc, it's restored my faith in there being some kind of community out there.

Joey Barton is on our side as well:

Anybody that condones the looters behaviour, should seriously consider the people effected by these mentally deficient knobheads

:lol: YAS!

Edit: Who is everyone following on Twitter to keep up with this? I signed up last night to start getting on top of what was going on, and Mark Stone, Paul Lewis, Matthew Taylor and Gareth Davies have all been good. Any others?

3gQdM.jpg

Seriously? Looting from Poundland? She must have a maximum of 7 items there. Who robs ?7 worth of gear?

I reckon she was just a bit peckish....

Francis Albert

I am afraid London is in the midst of a major surrender to the mob. Jjust had lunch in the local High Street of our leafy outer London suburb (slightly less edgy than Stockbridge) , and afterwards tried to buy a newspaper from the local newsagent to discover it was in the process of closing down on police advice. along with the other High Street shops. The local branch of Blockbusters, in a parade of shops even more remote from any likely threat, had removed its stock from the shelves and closed, again on police advice. The only police officer in sight anywhere was the Community Police officer handing out the leaflets advising businesses to close.

heartsfc_fan

3gQdM.jpg

:laugh:

The People's Chimp

Brother's bird lives in Lewisham. Lifetime's supply of Domino's dips and a new Xbox controller FTW.

i have just been told its starting to kick off again in croyden & in thornton heath (both sarf landan)

source is my old DHL work mates.

Same. Amazing scenes. The video I posted earlier was the same. After last night being ashamed to be of the same species as the filth looting people's houses, robbing injured young men etc, it's restored my faith in there being some kind of community out there.

Joey Barton is on our side as well:

:lol: YAS!

Edit: Who is everyone following on Twitter to keep up with this? I signed up last night to start getting on top of what was going on, and Mark Stone, Paul Lewis, Matthew Taylor and Gareth Davies have all been good. Any others?

this boy is quite good

Dave Wyllie

@journodave

BoJack Horseman

i have just been told its starting to kick off again in croyden & in thornton heath (both sarf landan)

source is my old DHL work mates.

Just lovely.

Kentish Town and Bexleyheath as well according to Twitter.

BoJack Horseman

A few hashtags are good to keep up. Mainly #londonriots.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23londonriots

Tommy Wiseau

Cheers guys. Borthers the first post I saw when I went into Mike Hills' page was his Retweet of the photo from further up the page that you'd Tweeted. :lol:

Really have no idea what I'm doing with this bi'ness, but quite addicted already. :vrface:

BoJack Horseman

Cheers guys. Borthers the first post I saw when I went into Mike Hills' page was his Retweet of the photo from further up the page that you'd Tweeted. :lol:

Really have no idea what I'm doing with this bi'ness, but quite addicted already. :vrface:

I've had a Twitter account for a while but I've never really seen a purpose for it until now. This is what it's for. Not for your pals to tell you what they had for tea.

Like you, I can't keep my eyes off it.

maroonlegions

Not condoning these violent riots or the sources responsible but this kind of behaviour is not surprising when a system of politics,banking system and poverty creating political and banking methods seem to favour the rich elite time and time again no matter who is in power; The warnings were put into songs in the punk era and this song below is was written in the 70s;

Poverty breeds criminals, social ills,deprevation ,urban and inner city tensions are being released in a highly negative way here and its a sad day that things have come to this again,those in power need to address the ROOT causes of this;ML;ninja.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQkActP-isE

Anarchy In The U.K. lyrics

Songwriters: Jones, Steve; Matlock, Glen; Lydon, John; Cook, Paul;

Right now

I am an Antichrist

I am an anarchist

I know what I want and

I know how to get it

I wanna destroy passerby

'Cause I wanna be anarchy

In the city

Anarchy for the UK

It's coming sometime maybe

I give a wrong time stop a traffic line

Your future dream is a shopping scheme

In the city, the only way to be

How many ways

To get what you want?

I use the best, I use the rest

I use the enemy, I use anarchy

In the city, follow me

Is this the MPLA?

Or is this the UDA?

Or is this the IRA

I thought it was the UK

Or just another country

Another council tenancy

And I wanna be anarchy

And I wanna be anarchy

And I wanna be anarchy

And I wanna be anarchy

And I wanna be anarchy

Get peshed destroy

The People's Chimp

Twitter on my iPhone is fecking gash; I blame orange for their crap 3G signal, anyway it keeps on crashing when I try to follow people and wont load anything form twitpic. Was really pissing me off last night. Some excellent updates piling through though.

BoJack Horseman

Twitter on my iPhone is fecking gash; I blame orange for their crap 3G signal, anyway it keeps on crashing when I try to follow people and wont load anything form twitpic. Was really pissing me off last night. Some excellent updates piling through though.

Get a better app?

http://smashinghub.com/10-great-twitter-apps-every-iphone-user-should-use.htm

Forget about using twitter and just follow Ultraviolets updates on kickback! Saves you doing anywork and a faster update than the news!

JQCqr.png

Best tweet so far.

:lol:

even better

zoelaylee Zoe Laylee

going to the winchester, having a pint and waiting for all this to blow over.. #londonriots

1 minute ago

BBC and sky reporting the "UK riots". Unless i'm missing something riots have only happened in England.

I could almost guarantee that if these riots were in Scotland the whole of the UK would'nt be tarnished with the same brush. "Scotland Riots" would be all over the news.

Touch wood nothing happens here or any other UK country.

The People's Chimp

Forget about using twitter and just follow Ultraviolets updates on kickback! Saves you doing anywork and a faster update than the news!

You could almost say the updates are so good they are Golden. emot-smug.gif

Sorry to go back a bit, but just watched the Darcus Howe interview from BBC News 24.

The man seems pretty spot on if you ask me.

The woman interviewing was way out of her depth.

ToadKiller Dog

Statement from the PCS union bellow , good to see some more rational analysis starting to take place rather than just screaming heads .

Boris i thought Prof Gus Johns(bbc interview ) analysis was the most reasoned so far

PCS statement on the UK riots

9 August 2011

Thousands of our members live and work in the communities that have been hit by the vandalism and looting of recent days. Tragically many people have lost their homes, and many more their workplace, potentially their job and income too.

We echo the words of the Fire Brigades Union, ?these events illustrate the bravery and commitment of London?s firefighters, and the entire capital will be grateful to them?. Our emergency services in London and other cities have once again shown that they play a vital role in protecting the public.

Public sector workers, from police community support officers to welfare advisers and from teachers to youth workers, will have a huge role to play in rebuilding and in maintaining a sense of community. The government has spent recent months disrespecting these workers and attacking their jobs, pensions and pay; it is time for that to stop and for them to recognise their valuable contribution to society.

As communities clear up, we have to step back and recognise these disturbances did not happen in a vacuum. It is not condoning violence to say that simply dismissing this as 'mindless criminality' is to give up on our responsibility to look for causes and solutions.

Youth unemployment is at its highest level on record, and further and higher education costs are set to soar. Public services are being slashed in many communities with councils cutting youth services and eligibility to housing. Welfare cuts and privatisation mean jobcentres are being closed and benefit cuts are causing anguish and hardship to many.

Our society is more unequal than at any point since the 1930s. There will be those who will call for tougher sentencing and more police powers, but these will not solve the very deep problems facing our country. As PCS has argued, we need investment to create the jobs and build the infrastructure that our communities need.

We should also resist attempts to demonise young people in general. They have been the biggest victims of this recession. The lawlessness of the financial and political elites is a much larger problem that our society must address.

In the coming days and weeks, we must address the complex issues that have led to the recent days' incidents across London and elsewhere, and caused so many to be rightly shocked and appalled.

Mark Serwotka Janice Godrich

General Secretary President

Tommy Wiseau

It has popped up all over Twitter for some reason. :lol:

Looks like a fairly atrocious Photoshop to these eyes.

I'm in lockdown right now in my store in thamesmead central bracing myself for an expected riot

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

And you were telling me to move to East London too :whistling:

Hope everything is ok tonight. I'll need to buy you a pint at the Fleming next week if you're going for the Tottenham 1st leg.

All the shops on Essex Road have got their shutters down and are ready to close. A few groups of hooded yoofs swaggering about. Could it really kick off again tonight?

chester copperpot

Kicking off again in the West Midlands, this could go on for a long time.

Promised myself a few hours off Sky News, but after yer post, I couldn't help it.

See Davie boy's made a speach.

Archived