Riotwatch

Italian Lambretta

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The People's Chimp

From Photoshop Looter. Quite funny stuff appearing on there.

I made a reference to La Haine last night, 'tis a shame the pony is a fake otherwise he'd have (sort of) completed the circle.

la+vache.png

Tommy Wiseau

:lol:

Never knew there were more of them. Only a matter of time I suppose.

I liked this one though:

posh.jpg.scaled500.jpg

:cornette:

BoJack Horseman

Never knew there were more of them. Only a matter of time I suppose.

I liked this one though:

posh.jpg.scaled500.jpg

:cornette:

That one's real...

Tommy Wiseau

That one's real...

I know it's real, didn't phrase that very well, did I?

chester copperpot

Just had a text from my mate (his wife is an admin assistant in L&B police, tenuous link I know) to advise he has heard there may be something happening tonight in Glesgae?

Anyone else heard anything similar.

Just had a text from my mate (his wife is an admin assistant in L&B police, tenuous link I know) to advise he has heard there may be something happening tonight in Glesgae?

strathclydes finest have arrested a 16 year old for posting something about riots on facebook

edit:My link allegedly inciting others to commit acts of disorder is his crime

boy has been lifted trying to incite riots on FB. Heard a few fire engines buzzing about, but nothing necessarily related to riot. But i'm in a, reasonably, leafy part of town, however in glasgow you're never more than a ten minute walk from somewhere rough. Certainly town seemed very easy going today, sunny weather and happy punters.

BoJack Horseman

can't believe people are stupid enough to take him seriously!

I take it you've seen the posts of 'outrage'? He's so obviously on the wind up it's unreal. Some people.

chester copperpot

strathclydes finest have arrested a 16 year old for posting something about riots on facebook

Dunno if it's related or not, just wondered if anyone else had heard anything. He's not one for winding me up, despite him hating the weej.

Boris waving his broom in the air.

I just turned the tv on at that point :blink:

stupid bint on skynews talking about how the government need to counsel with god to fix the country. horrendous.

chester copperpot

boy has been lifted trying to incite riots on FB. Heard a few fire engines buzzing about, but nothing necessarily related to riot. But i'm in a, reasonably, leafy part of town, however in glasgow you're never more than a ten minute walk from somewhere rough. Certainly town seemed very easy going today, sunny weather and happy punters.

Me too mate, all seemed quite quiet. I'm Milton of Campsie, there's feck all chance of it happening here. It'll be the tolcross area or areas close to the East End of the City Centre IMO if anywhere.

The Old Tolbooth

It was more about the situation than your post! :lol:

Thank feck for that, I thought I had a major 'whoooosh' moment there :lol:

Manchester getting into full riot mode now :blink:

Heard the was an Edinburgh page as well started by wee laddies not old enough to be out on their own..Need a kick up the arse..

Me too mate, all seemed quite quiet. I'm Milton of Campsie, there's feck all chance of it happening here. It'll be the tolcross area or areas close to the East End of the City Centre IMO if anywhere.

I work on trongate, which is a ******* dive at the best of times. Very happy to have done the morning shift as if its going to start anywhere, then it'll be around there. Not expecting anything tbh though. Would quite like it to start raining though...

BoJack Horseman

According to the BBC Scottish Police Forces are prepared to send help to their English Counterparts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14459833

So they're presumably not expecting it all to kick off up here on a big scale

Not too chuffed with that. I'd rather I had all available hands on deck in my city, just in case, just to feel safe. I doubt we'll get much bother up here but if the local yoofs find out all of our bobbies have gone dan saff to fight the good fight then they might just take the opportunity.

heartsfc_fan

Better not come over here :qqb002:

Dagger Is Back

I love how with each method, it goes on to qualify by saying "its use symbolises a loss of control" or "it looks like the end of the world".

Thankfully, with these methods not having been used, no one could possibly have inferred either of these things from the scenes last night. :vrface:

Guido Fawkes has just Tweeted this video though, some hope left for us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCsrcnUy8ao&feature=player_embedded#at=67

Observation time. The vast majority of people in that clip are white. Looking at some of the rioting videos, the majority are black.

Why is that?

and todays rioting starts

BREAKING NEWS In the last hour several shop windows have been smashed in West Bromwich. Up to 200 youths in hoodies have been seen on the streets and police have now pushed the crowd to one side.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Observation time. The vast majority of people in that clip are white. Looking at some of the rioting videos, the majority are black.

Why is that?

There will have been large numbers of black people that haven't been at all involved in these riots in any way, shape or form.

Please don't use it as a soapbox for your ignorant views.

Why is that?

Because whitey fears the black man.

Why is that?

Obviously it's the colour of their skin.

Governor Tarkin

There will have been large numbers of black people that haven't been at all involved in these riots in any way, shape or form.

I thought it was more of an observation than a view, and a valid observation at that.

Please don't use it as a soapbox to stifle debate.

Nicholas Brody

Loads of rumors about various places kicking off :down: I actually think if it happened in Edinburgh, you would have more people attacking the rioters.

Why is that?

Two possible explanations present themselves

1) Poverty is one of the factors that cause people to riot and in London there is a corellation between being black and being poor

2) Excessive skin pigment causes people to be violent savages. While the capacity to suffer sunburn reinforces social responsibility

Which do you favour?

BoJack Horseman

I think claiming that race has nothing to do with this is more ignorant than saying it does.

It's a fact that a majority of the badly affected burghs of London are heavily populated by ethnic minorities and that these minorities are at the heart of the violence.

Granted, there are white folk amongst them, as there are many other races. However, they are predominantly black.

To clarify I am not saying that black people have some inherent gene that makes them susceptible to violence. I am saying that most of the disturbance is coming from the poorer areas that are heavily populated by them.

kingantti1874

Loads of rumors about various places kicking off :down: I actually think if it happened in Edinburgh, you would have more people attacking the rioters.

Agreed, if the police or army are not let o the leash then Joe bloggs has every right to kick the pish out of the little *******s

Tommy Wiseau

Why is that?

I'm going to take that as a serious question. First of all, as I have mentioned already on the thread, eyewitnesses have reported significant numbers of white youths being involved in the riots.

Second, if you are black you are far more likely to be unemployed, suffer from social exclusion and live in poverty than if you are white.

These are not riots of race, more they are riots of disaffection and social alienation. As well as criminality and opportunism, obviously.

CavySlaveJambo

BBC and sky reporting the "UK riots". Unless i'm missing something riots have only happened in England.

I could almost guarantee that if these riots were in Scotland the whole of the UK would'nt be tarnished with the same brush. "Scotland Riots" would be all over the news.

Touch wood nothing happens here or any other UK country.

This is pissing me off too.

Even more so if the case is Law & Order/Police Issues in which case they would not likely effect(affect) Scotland as that is devolved

chester copperpot

Agreed, if the police or army are not let o the leash then Joe bloggs has every right to kick the pish out of the little *******s

That would be impossible through here, as every ***** is a schemie, jakey ******* (except KB based Jambos and their relatives/friends/bursds etc)

Dagger Is Back

MY ignorant views? You're the one trying to stifle reasoned debate. I asked a perfectly reasonable question. Why are the majority of the looters black and the majority of cleaner uppers white?

You have no idea whatsoever of my beliefs and views so please don't accuse me of being ignorant.

A message from @riotscleanup

by riotscleanupWe should start with a thank you. It started as an idea, evolved into a noisy rabble and ended up with hundreds of folk around the Uk, helping to clean up the damage and restore faith in the idea of community. You were spirited, funny, intelligent, patient, hardworking and individual. You came from all angles, from all sexes, races and beliefs, in peace and in love. Thank you for your hearts and minds, arms and legs. Thank you to all who spread the word, kept us informed and helped us organise.

We hope that peace and sense prevails tonight, so as we continue to clean, we have less work to do. Questions must be asked and the truth will out, keep faith in each other and the strength that provides us.

Be safe and take care whatever your plans are this evening and keep in touch via twitter, we?ll try our best to keep you informed.

In solidarity, as a community we stand.

Love to all

1/80,000 of @riotscleanup

chester copperpot

MY ignorant views? You're the one trying to stifle reasoned debate. I asked a perfectly reasonable question. Why are the majority of the looters black and the majority of cleaner uppers white?

You have no idea whatsoever of my beliefs and views so please don't accuse me of being ignorant.

Dagger is Black getting all defensive :lol:

Chill brother.

BoJack Horseman

BBC and sky reporting the "UK riots". Unless i'm missing something riots have only happened in England.

I could almost guarantee that if these riots were in Scotland the whole of the UK would'nt be tarnished with the same brush. "Scotland Riots" would be all over the news.

Touch wood nothing happens here or any other UK country.

Come off it. You, as well as I, know that 'UK' is synonymous with 'England'. That is the case all over the world. People in Scotland don't generally associate themselves with the 'UK' or 'Britain'. Them over the pond frequently refer the the 'UK' when they mean England and 'England' when they mean the UK. No one is looking in thinking 'ooooooh UK Riots you say, that must be affecting Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland too.

Anyone genuinely pissed off at that can go join a group with the 'Andy Murray: British when he's winning, Scottish when he's losing' crowd and go tug each other off or something. Bigger picture etc.

Social class.

I'm going to take that as a serious question. First of all, as I have mentioned already on the thread, eyewitnesses have reported significant numbers of white youths being involved in the riots.

Second, if you are black you are far more likely to be unemployed, suffer from social exclusion and live in poverty than if you are white.

These are not riots of race, more they are riots of disaffection and social alienation. As well as criminality and opportunism, obviously.

Plenty white yoots have attached themselves to the rioting as they see how the Police are standing back and doing sod all, basically letting them have the streets as our impotent politicians bleat about catching them all later on CCTV. This approach does not protect life or property or people's livelyhoods and businesses.

If this truly was a riot about being disenfranchised and alienated then those doing so would exclusively attack symbolic places of authority. But they aren't, they are doing over shops and looting whilst indulging all their wet dreams of being 'gangsta' and 'reclaiming the streets'.

It's not ABOUT race but that doesn't mean that it isn't mostly a certain race that are doing the rioting - there is nothing to be gained by beating about the bush here. It's possibly the prime reason the Police aren't allowed to engage - liberals have the politicians shit-scared of 'offending' minorities. If this was a bunch of white BNP supporters running amok you can be assured that the truncheons would be readily wielded.

Good blog here from the perspective of the Police who are sick of being moaned at for not getting involved here: http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/

The parents of these louts are to blame. Plenty people in the UK grew/grow up in poverty but still got their arses to school and improved their lot.

Here's the reasoning given by two rioters for their behaviour: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

We've indulged these idiots far too long, allowing the growth of their moronic gangsta mentality, massaging their sense of entitlement and telling them that it's not their fault - they are all victims. Well it's all coming home to roost..

Guest Borat

Where are people hearing about bother in Birmingham and Manchester etc?

No mention of it on the TV, although it seems like Sky News have barely been out of Ealing all afternoon so this is hardly surprising.

Nicholas Brody

Where are people hearing about bother in Birmingham and Manchester etc?

No mention of it on the TV, although it seems like Sky News have barely been out of Ealing all afternoon so this is hardly surprising.

Twitter

Dagger Is Back

I think claiming that race has nothing to do with this is more ignorant than saying it does.

It's a fact that a majority of the badly affected burghs of London are heavily populated by ethnic minorities and that these minorities are at the heart of the violence.

Granted, there are white folk amongst them, as there are many other races. However, they are predominantly black.

To clarify I am not saying that black people have some inherent gene that makes them susceptible to violence. I am saying that most of the disturbance is coming from the poorer areas that are heavily populated by them.

Post of the day by a country mile. Thing is though why are the poorer areas heavily populated by blacks etc?

Rather than just repeat the same question and engage in bickering, you could actually respond to some of the very reasonable replies you've received?

Archived