Riotwatch

Italian Lambretta

The second one :eek: Mental

Puts paid to the myth that it's just black people.

The media have been pretty clear about the fact that it isn't just black guys n girls out there.

I'd say they've actually gone to decent lengths to stress that fact. Probably just as well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:whistling:

But the majority were.

From my time in London the Black community are in the main treated like second class citizens. They are given the worst housing and generally the worst jobs. Some of them have no hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa9dMGuX5k&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1-XlVJSQ24&feature=player_embedded

The second one :eek: Mental

The other thing that hits you when you watch these video's is that all the police seem to be white, and clueless. A massive problem with the met is that it does not represent the people of london, if the people can't related to you, what chance they will respect you?

Better call Saul

Just seems so pointless. trashing ur own city? i mean wtf

Not when you get a sony camcorder for nothing or a barbers chair

Patrick Bateman

Here's Darcus Howe slavering rubbish.

The other thing that hits you when you watch these video's is that all the police seem to be white, and clueless. A massive problem with the met is that it does not represent the people of london, if the people can't related to you, what chance they will respect you?

So if all my local police were black they would not be able to relate to me? And it would be ok to disrespect them even if it were true? This is not about colour or ethnicity, this is about disrespect for other humans and their property and disrespect for society at large.

If you choose to opt out of society in such a way then you should face the full consequence of that.

i sort of feel sorry for him, yes there was a time in the 70 and 80's when people like him had to riot or protest to stop what was going on. Unfortunately he is using his personal experience to excuses the morons on the street today. He is clearly not all there tho.

First round of suspect pictures released by the Met.

http://content.met.police.uk/Appeal/Suspect-images-issued-following-disorder/1260269386717/1257246745782#

Pretty much destroys any argument that this is being perpetrated by mainly the Afro-Caribbean community.

Really? Most of the photos I've viewed on there appear to be Afro/Caribbean with a few white and mixed race as well.

The TV footage appears to show this as well.

There is no doubt that there were white people involved in all of this as well as black. Neds are neds no matter what colour creed or race they come from

Not that I want to get into any arguments about the racial aspects of this, however to try and claim that this behaviour was not predominantly from the afro/caribbean community is closing your eyes to the obvious.

You don't think that possibly there is simply a latent criminality in Tottenham with black youths and hanger-on white youths who all aspire to some pathetic 'gangsta' lifestyle. People always trot out the "deprived/alienated/poor" lines, yet these kids have the same access to education as the rest of the country, they simply don't go.

There are plenty of poor kids across the UK (and I do agree about your wider point - that capitalism fuels a consumerism that rubs it in the faces of those who can't afford the stuff they are told they need) but they aren't rioting every weekend because they can't afford a PS3.

The key question here is - where the **** are the parents of these rioters?

Carrying the other end of the plasma possibly?

14 year old kids with 27/28 year old parents is unlikely to be unusual in that part of the world I'd have thought.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

That's just inverted racism. Why can't they relate to the police just because they're not the same skin colour as them? The whole thing is retarded.

First round of suspect pictures released by the Met.

http://content.met.police.uk/Appeal/Suspect-images-issued-following-disorder/1260269386717/1257246745782#

Pretty much destroys any argument that this is being perpetrated by mainly the Afro-Caribbean community.

:lol: no it doesn't!!!

because a handful of pictures have been released and some white people are in them?

personally i have no idea what percentage of every ethnicity makes up the collective group of culprits. it's already known that there are plenty of whites involved, as well as other racial groups. i suspect that a significant majority are either black or mixed race.

but race isn't the issue here. it's criminality.

Could just be my cloth ears but I'm quite sure she calls him 'Harcus Dowe'...

Had a wee listen to the BBCNews 24 while I was eating lunch and had to quite quickly give up before my precious bagel ended up splatted against the wall. What's with all these social commentators? And why the hell are they making no distinction whatsoever between the original (and justifiable) protest in Tottenham and the meaningless violence and looting which then followed? Yes, there are social issue to be addressed and yes, there is definitely an issue when it comes to race relations between police and some communities but that has bugger all to do with kids and adults losing their minds and nicking anything they can get their hands on whilst setting fire to bits of London. Absolutely nothing. And it really bloody annoys me that they won't make this important distinction because in neglecting to do so, by association the real causes are then tarnished and discredited. Big time. And that's more damaging than almost anything else.

Arsepieces. Think about what you're saying FFS. angry.gif

Isaac Clarke

The 26 year old man that was shot earlier has died in Hospital according to Sky News.

Tommy Wiseau

Man shot in Croydon last night has died

Great username. :thumbsup:

Really hope the clampdown will put a stop to this now. We simply can't have any more bodies piling up over this. :mellow:

That's just inverted racism. Why can't they relate to the police just because they're not the same skin colour as them? The whole thing is retarded.

I know, didn't mean it like that, but just seeing these ###### shouting in the police face and a complete clueless of them standing there. Maybe i'm looking too much into it from the scum point of view, but there is loads of anger which has being built up for ages and now people are looking for any excuse to kick off and cause as much damage as possible. Where as a large amount of other scumbags are using it for their own greed and robbing people.

Other scumbags are using this for their own agenda to cause more racial hate, and probably my post was seen as alone the similar lines.

Yeah, spot on with the bolded comment. You've fairly jumped to the wrong conclusion with my post though - point being that these riots are happening regardless of race. The key factor is deprivation of opportunity and hope.

Depending on where you are, there are more or less socially deprived from the Afro-Caribbean community. Lewisham was around 50/50 black/white, Brixton mainly black, Camden-Chalk Farm looters were more white.

Race isn't the issue and that needs to be reinforced.

Well I'd argue that the overwhelming reason behind all of this is the fact that criminality in endemic in most of these communities.

It's not challenged and is seen as "manly". These communities have had millions spent on them over the years trying to raise their levels of self esteem - much of it to no avail what so ever. Time for the velvet glove to come off and the iron fist to be used liberally on those involved in all of this.

Hundreds of thousands of young people in this country grow up in deprived circumstances, however they are not all out rioting. There is no "social" excuse for this, it is pure criminality and needs to be treated as such by the Police.

Great username. :thumbsup:

Really hope the clampdown will put a stop to this now. We simply can't have any more bodies piling up over this. :mellow:

I'm surprised there were not more injuries or deaths last night as a lot of those fires seemed to be spreading to flats, houses etc. Lucky escape for some.

chester copperpot

What happened to the Sony factory, never really saw any coverage on what happened to it.

Cannot believe I only got 3 hours kip last night due to staying up watching this, I am feckaroonied today.

Tommy Wiseau

:lol:

I love how with each method, it goes on to qualify by saying "its use symbolises a loss of control" or "it looks like the end of the world".

Thankfully, with these methods not having been used, no one could possibly have inferred either of these things from the scenes last night. :vrface:

Guido Fawkes has just Tweeted this video though, some hope left for us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCsrcnUy8ao&feature=player_embedded#at=67

I really think that Gavin from autoglass is going to have a job on his hands now

rofl hes gonna be working overtime

Isaac Clarke

Sky News reporting that rubber bullets may be used tonight if there is continued riots.

I'm in lockdown right now in my store in thamesmead central bracing myself for an expected riot

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

chester copperpot

Sky News reporting that rubber bullets may be used tonight if there is continued riots.

Yeah, just heard that.

How good would it be to be a double glazing salesman down in London just now.

What sort of damage would rubber bullets do? Would they just bounce off people or do they penetrate the skin?

What happened to the Sony factory, never really saw any coverage on what happened to it.

Cannot believe I only got 3 hours kip last night due to staying up watching this, I am feckaroonied today.

only signed up to twitter at 12 last night, not being off it since.

00:38 9/8/2011: Camden Town, London

It was a distribution centre that they robbed then set it on fire to destroy the evidence! A lot is mindless madness but the proper criminals are hitting the big targets

the sony distribution centre was set alight last night and i think is still burning now

What sort of damage would rubber bullets do? Would they just bounce off people or do they penetrate the skin?

Rubber bullets have killed quite a few people when they were deployed in Northern Ireland.

Depends how the ricochet off the ground and where they hit the person and from what distance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_bullets

rubber bullets or baton rounds to give them their real title, they are designed to bounce off people after they have gotten hit. think of it like sending mike tyson round to punch each person once. but the thing is they can cause serious injury and death by damaging internal organs, causing broken bones etc.

So say the 16,000 officers bring this to a halt tonight what will it really achieve in the long term because all this has proved is that these wee ****s can do this at anytime they want.What is really going to stop them doing this again in a months time when the police are back to normal numbers.

Isaac Clarke

Wikipedia: Rubber Bullets

"Rubber Bullets are meant to cause pain but not serious injury. They are expected to produce contusions, abrasions, and hematomas. However, they may cause bone fractures, injuries to internal organs, or death. In a study of 90 patients in Northern Ireland, one died, 17 suffered permanent disabilities or deformities and 41 required hospital treatment after being fired upon with rubber bullets"

chester copperpot

the sony distribution centre was set alight last night and i think is still burning now

I'm looking for a new telly as well, take it the price of Sony's is about to increase, unless I get some sort of 'deal' in Tottenham.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Rubber bullets (or plastic bullets or baton rounds) are designed to stun and knock folk out.

They have killed rioters before, however, as Boris points out.

That's the thing about this though that gets to me. I remember the riots that occurred when the Anglo Irish agreement was signed in 1985; I remember the riot I took part in in 1988 in my home area; I can recollect riots about Drumcree. In the "mainland" people feign disinterest or condemn. Fine. Now it's in the big smoke it's wall to wall coverage.

Forgive me if I scoff but back in the day, the RUC would have taken no shit and the rioters would not only have been caught but would have had the bejaysus battered out of them. Not that they complained - they loved the overtime and danger money!

Rubber bullets (or plastic bullets or baton rounds) are designed to stun and knock folk out.

They have killed rioters before, however, as Boris points out.

That's the thing about this though that gets to me. I remember the riots that occurred when the Anglo Irish agreement was signed in 1985; I remember the riot I took part in in 1988 in my home area; I can recollect riots about Drumcree. In the "mainland" people feign disinterest or condemn. Fine. Now it's in the big smoke it's wall to wall coverage.

Forgive me if I scoff but back in the day, the RUC would have taken no shit and the rioters would not only have been caught but would have had the bejaysus battered out of them. Not that they complained - they loved the overtime and danger money!

Wow, no wonder the Troubles lasted for so long in Northern Ireland if the rioters were getting paid so well!! :rolleyes:

I'm in lockdown right now in my store in thamesmead central bracing myself for an expected riot

Stay safe :thumbsup:

Some young guy on Sky News making excuses for the looters and rioters.

:facepalm:

no he wasn't, he was trying to explain why its come to this. Whats the point of asking people who live in the area about whats happening if you just ignore anything you don't agree with.

BTW Big Jim was fecking awesome and the old white guy, "burn it all down"

chester copperpot

Stay safe brother, let us know you're safe.

North Berwick Jambo

I thought the police stopped using them a while back & change them to some sort of beanbag bullets that are slightly less dangerous than the rubber ones?

Isaac Clarke

no he wasn't, he was trying to explain why its come to this. Whats the point of asking people who live in the area about whats happening if you just ignore anything you don't agree with.

I don't agree with what the guy was saying...he was going on about how their angry and fighting for a cause.

There is no excuse for what happened last night. I don't care how crap they think their life is, you dont go around rioting and looting.

I don't agree with what the guy was saying...he was going on about how their angry and fighting for a cause.

There is no excuse for what happened last night. I don't care how crap they think their life is, you dont go around rioting and looting.

100% i agree with that!

The Old Tolbooth

I should add that I'm bricking it

I can't begin to imagine what you're going through mate, fingers crossed that you come out of this ok and that the heavier police presence tonight makes some sort of difference.

The Nottting Hill Carnival has been the focus for this sort of criminal behaviour in the past. Should the authorities be thinking about cancelling it this year?

I've got a feeling that if it's allowed to go ahead it will result in more mayhem.

Archived