Riotwatch

Italian Lambretta

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

Jesus Christ, I've actually been so busy doing other things over the last two days that I didn't realise it was so bad, this is bloody nuts!

People in Toxteth now rioting too, what chance do the police have when it's on such a large scale? The army need to be called for and serious action needs taken.

A concern I have is that given how ridiculously stretched the MET appears to be there could be a different kind of threat whilst their collective eye is elsewhere. I just hope that there are not terrorist factions awaiting the opportunity to take advantage of the widespread chaos.

Scott_HMFC1874

Read some folk I know through a mate saying (and this is so exaggeration) "it'll no happen in Glasgow, no as many blacks up here. It's the blacks causin aw this"

I ******* despair at this country sometimes.

Nicholas Brody

mrmatthewtaylor Matthew Taylor

Police office just told me "we can't cope. We have passd breaking point" #londonriots

Well that's not good.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Liverpool or Manchester

Liverpool's already kicked off.

If you count Bristol that's nearly every major English city: London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Bristol and Leeds. That leaves Manchester and Newcastle. mellow.gif

The Old Tolbooth

Wanna open a book on where's next?

Exactly what I was thinking too, it can only be a matter of time before Leeds and Newcastle join in!

Liverpool or Manchester

Too late with Liverpool mate, they were second on the list apparently.

Pete Seeger

Read some folk I know through a mate saying (and this is so exaggeration) "it'll no happen in Glasgow, no as many blacks up here. It's the blacks causin aw this"

I ******* despair at this country sometimes.

I've got a moron on my facebook saying that we should send the EDL in. Jesus wept I despair.

Too late with Liverpool mate, they were second on the list apparently.

Stunned it took they ***** so long!

Anything to report in Fife? :lol:

Twitter has been absolutely unreal this evening. I never ever thought I'd find it half as amazing as I have done tonight. Aside from being a good 30 mins ahead of the mainstream media on occasion, I've seen videos & pics seconds after they've been taken. I've read minute by minute updates from people describing what it's like there on the ground. I've seen rumours start, spread and then end up confirmed, I've seen people asking for help because they think they might be stuck in the middle of the worst affected zones, I've seen pictures of people who had looted and I've seen other people reporting them to the police. I've seen celebrities appealing for calm (most recently Wayne Rooney after reports of unrest in Toxteth) and I've seen endless tales of new incidents erupting all over London and then in other cities. What an amazing thing Twitter is. Really amazing actually.

I think I've overdosed on information. I feel totally floored by all of this tonight....

Radioactive Mince

Mace in Rosyth looted. 20 packs of Lambert & Butler and copies of Hustler being handed out like sweeties.

This is scary, Vince :(

Bobby_swing_the_bar

Rumours were going around that there was a riot in Glenrothes earlier. Dont know what on earth they would think they could loot here. A phone shop, a card shop and McDonalds maybe.

jamboinglasgow

Twitter has been absolutely unreal this evening. I never ever thought I'd find it half as amazing as I have done tonight. Aside from being a good 30 mins ahead of the mainstream media on occasion, I've seen videos & pics seconds after they've been taken. I've read minute by minute updates from people describing what it's like there on the ground. I've seen rumours start, spread and then end up confirmed, I've seen people asking for help because they think they might be stuck in the middle of the worst affected zones, I've seen pictures of people who had looted and I've seen other people reporting them to the police. I've seen celebrities appealing for calm (most recently Wayne Rooney after reports of unrest in Toxteth) and I've seen endless tales of new incidents erupting all over London and then in other cities. What an amazing thing Twitter is. Really amazing actually.

I think I've overdosed on information. I feel totally floored by all of this tonight....

I have made a lot of nasty comments about Twitter in the past, but in situations like this and what is happening around the middle East it becomes an incredible resource, a truly interconnected society who is instantly on the ball of what is happening.

Where's the ******* order? Police should be out with tear gas and riot gear, cracking skulls and taking names. This is ******* madness, and all excused because some drug dealer waved a gun at the police.

I'm off to my bed now, I fully expect Aviemore to be in peices when I wake up.

Mace in Rosyth looted. 20 packs of Lambert & Butler and copies of Hustler being handed out like sweeties.

This is scary, Vince :(

I'm sure John will soon have stuff under control!

The Old Tolbooth

Stunned it took they ***** so long!

Anything to report in Fife? :lol:

A piano shop has been raided and the locals are playing canny tunes with their 11 fingers, apart from that it's all quiet, apart from Glenrothes apparently. :unsure:

Rumours were going around that there was a riot in Glenrothes earlier. Dont know what on earth they would think they could loot here. A phone shop, a card shop and McDonalds maybe.

That's just a normal evening there mate, nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

This is absolutely mental.

I was at work about 6 o'clock cracking jokes about a couple of cars being pushed into walls and set alight and a Greggs going up in flames.

Seriously not funny now, people are absolute little *******s.

What's the point in setting fire to your local Ladbrokes or Greggs?? It's just mindless stupidity

**** off the lot of you and get a grip of yourselves, you're an absolute disgrace!!!!

Radioactive Mince

That's just a normal evening there mate, nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

Nobody will notice in the morning.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They should be flying the old riot squad of the RUC, the DMSU in. They took no shit!

This is thoroughly mental.

Greed is fueling this far more than any hard feelings towards any particular group. Folk have clearly seen this on the news and thought looting was a good idea to get them some new gear they wouldn't be able to afford.

This has nothing to do with protesting any more, it's being driven by materialism.

In the last 6 months or so we've seen the rise of the Arab Dawn where people have been rising up and protesting in the streets for their freedom. In the UK we see the youth take to the streets to riot for Plasma tv's and playstations. A thoroughly depressing situation.

They should be flying the old riot squad of the RUC, the DMSU in. They took no shit!

Was saying this earlier.

This is a yearly occurance in West Belfast FFS.

The Youth of the Middle East rise up for basic freedoms.The Youth of London rise up for a HD ready 42" Plasma TV #londonriots

I thought this was a good one!

I'm being told that Nottingham is kicking off now too.

Probably some chancer stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. :angry:

Not sure what London building this is, but it's gone now sadly :(

Looks like Greggs at White Hart Lane.

Sorry mate :(

Archived