Riotwatch

Italian Lambretta

Carl Fredrickson

Christ at this rate i am not going to get much value for money on my open top red bus tour on the 25th :ninja:

:lol: I heard a news report earlier that a bus had been set on fire - I hope it isnt the one you are booked on!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Breakin' Rocks

The tune's being going on in my head all weekend.

As mentioned above - 30 years ago and I remember it vividly.

Written about Coventry and problems between blacks and whites in the town centre during seventies and has long disappeared. No relevance whatsoever to what is happening in London.

with all these "riots" (kaiser chiefs predicted them) & if they get any worse, could martial(sp?) law be declared?

The Mighty Thor

dave is now on his way home to put the smack down.

:jet::jjno: :smackdown:

Dave breaking off his holidays???????????

10%20shit%20just%20got%20real.jpg

Nicholas Brody

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Why are they burning people's homes and looting shops, what does that achieve........mentally deficient.

Speaks the truth.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Written about Coventry and problems between blacks and whites in the town centre during seventies and has long disappeared. No relevance whatsoever to what is happening in London.

:facepalm:

I think most people are aware of that. Contextually, it was the top tune at the time of the Toxteth riots in 1981.

southside1874

Wrecking peoples shops and homes in their local community is not going to help the economy or get them jobs.

Wrecking peoples lives is not going to make them really give a ****. It is going to spread. Watch this downturn in the markets and the next thing is that your pension is now worth nothing..........is that when the educated folk start to rumble??

Craig Gordons Gloves

please don't bleat about people shooting down your ridiculous opinion. when you choose to post an opinion, you take your chances whether people agree with it or not.

if you don't want criticism then the safest way is to keep your views to yourself.

cheers.

i'm quite happy to take criticism and opposing opinions, unfortunately that wasn't evident in a few posts - which my comment was aimed at.

You think that the 'rioters/protesters/thugs' etc are just neds/chavs doing a bit of opportunistic wrecking, i don't - fair enough, we believe different things.

Private Hudson

Getting a bit worrying now. I'm about 5 mins from West Croydon, which is on fire in a big way in 4 or 5 places so far. This isn't rioting. It's mass, violent shoplifting and assault. There is no agenda whatsoever other than 'what can I nick and destroy'.

Will be buying a baseball bat the morn! blink.gifninja.gif

i'm quite happy to take criticism and opposing opinions, unfortunately that wasn't evident in a few posts - which my comment was aimed at.

You think that the 'rioters/protesters/thugs' etc are just neds/chavs doing a bit of opportunistic wrecking, i don't - fair enough, we believe different things.

yeah. i'm sure you would be of the same opinion if your job went down the shitter as a result of a mob torching your workplace. or if you were homeless after your house was razed.

anyway, your opinion is a guaranteed right.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Getting a bit worrying now. I'm about 5 mins from West Croydon, which is on fire in a big way in 4 or 5 places so far. This isn't rioting. It's mass, violent shoplifting and assault. There is no agenda whatsoever other than 'what can I nick and destroy'.

Will be buying a baseball bat the morn! blink.gifninja.gif

Buying??

Surely you just walk into the shop and pick one up? :P

Breakin' Rocks

No, he had an illegal firearm and may have shot at the police :blink:

So you think it's lawful to take the guys life on this basis ?

The met have a long history of murdering innocents. The drunk scots guy with a wooden leg stool in a poly bag for example.

UK is and always has been corrupt throughout it's class societies. Now so happens we have a large underclass in it!s capital that cannot get a slice of this pie. Hence the reason this civil disorder is with us for some tome.

He is on his way.

Yes, the news mentioned that the second I hit 'Send'...

About time too, Dave.

Will be buying a baseball bat the morn! ninja.gifblink.gif

If you can find a sports shop intact...

Toxteth O'Grady

Wrecking peoples lives is not going to make them really give a ****. It is going to spread. Watch this downturn in the markets and the next thing is that your pension is now worth nothing..........is that when the educated folk start to rumble??

Don't talk to me about pensions. Dave and his crew are hell bent on making it worthless.

I P Knightley

I'm not giving them any credit. I know that they are bored and probably fed up so they are joining in. So how the feck are the government going to put these folk to work in the near future while the banks have their nuts firmly in a vice?

Without having my head firmly in the sand. I'll stab a guess that the government knew this was coming and will deploy troops on the street in the not to distant future. Then as we have all been appalled at the troops shooting civillians in the middle east, we will think that its okay to do the same here.

The less educated seem to get shat on first when the economy starts to dwindle. We have folk in this country who would quite happily go to jail because its easier.

Folk didn't riot when there was jobs and every able bodied person wants to work. In England you loose your council house if you take a job so its not just a fact of taking a job, but also losing your house. What prospects do folk have??

Since we're playing a guessing game: I guess that the people making up the majority of the arsonists, thieves and vandals are not those who, when work was available, were willing to come off the buroo to take work. I guess that those able-bodied souls who have unfortunately lost their jobs are not, by and large, out on the streets tonight kicking it all off.

Yes, the less-well educated do get shat on earlier. That's why we should encourage our children to pay attention at school.

Astonishing link:

http://londonriotsmap.appspot.com/

I don't think it's all it appears. Clicked on a couple of those blue dots and they seem to be the postcodes of twats tweeting about what's going on over in the east.

The one in Bayswater simply links to a stop-motion video of Tottenham; the one in Kew says, "there's nothing happening in Kew"; and one out in Ealing says:

The Draytons- local newsagents looks worried. should be, got about 500 people on a tab in that place.

If I could tweet, I'd add one saying "Heavy shit going down - there's been a run on truffle oil at Carluccio's"

Geoff Kilpatrick

Don't talk to me about pensions. Dave and his crew are hell bent on making it worthless.

Er, I think you'll find that it is symptomatic of assets being overvalued across the world.

We might actually be at the start of flushing the system but the pain it will cause will take a lot of people by surprise.

southside1874

Folk don't riot either when they don't work but pick up sufficient benefits or easy credit to have a decent lifestyle. It's part of the bubble we all lived through that masked the decline in living standards during the credit boom.

When there is jobs then folk tend to think that benefit claimers don't want to work. When the workers lose their jobs it becomes a different matter.

Personally I think its going to go pop and thus the reason why folk are buying gold as this will soon be the choice of barter. Printed money will not be worth the paper its written on. Governments are going to default on debts and bring the banks down.

How close to the bone are the USA? And how soon before this cyber cash runs out because folk will stop paying into pensions and how long can insurance companies pay out for the damaged sustained by rioting?

Private Hudson

Yes, the news mentioned that the second I hit 'Send'...

About time too, Dave.

If you can find a sports shop intact...

Our local one is closing down so should be able to afford 2, one for each hand! Bit like a baseball bat Ninja.

Geoff, there's still one person around here prepared to pay his way. ninja.gif

Dunno if it's been in the press but a police employed friend of mine has told me that that Duggan fellow was carrying a converted formerly decommissioned gun and was a well known Yardie and cocaine dealer who feared for his life having seen his cousin shot.

If you carry a gun you better be ready to get shot at.

Geoff Kilpatrick

When there is jobs then folk tend to think that benefit claimers don't want to work. When the workers lose their jobs it becomes a different matter.

Personally I think its going to go pop and thus the reason why folk are buying gold as this will soon be the choice of barter. Printed money will not be worth the paper its written on. Governments are going to default on debts and bring the banks down.

How close to the bone are the USA? And how soon before this cyber cash runs out because folk will stop paying into pensions and how long can insurance companies pay out for the damaged sustained by rioting?

Welcome to QE3. Helicopter Ben will be back out to save the banks day. :rolleyes:

southside1874

Since we're playing a guessing game: I guess that the people making up the majority of the arsonists, thieves and vandals are not those who, when work was available, were willing to come off the buroo to take work. I guess that those able-bodied souls who have unfortunately lost their jobs are not, by and large, out on the streets tonight kicking it all off.

Yes, the less-well educated do get shat on earlier. That's why we should encourage our children to pay attention at school.

I don't think it's all it appears. Clicked on a couple of those blue dots and they seem to be the postcodes of twats tweeting about what's going on over in the east.

The one in Bayswater simply links to a stop-motion video of Tottenham; the one in Kew says, "there's nothing happening in Kew"; and one out in Ealing says:

If I could tweet, I'd add one saying "Heavy shit going down - there's been a run on truffle oil at Carluccio's"

Do you recall that folk in England now have to pay for higher education? So what is the point in paying attention at school if it aint gonna lead to nuffin??

Craig Gordons Gloves

yeah. i'm sure you would be of the same opinion if your job went down the shitter as a result of a mob torching your workplace. or if you were homeless after your house was razed.

anyway, your opinion is a guaranteed right.

a few of the stores owned by my company have already been smashed up. However, the employees jobs aren't going to disappear because of that. Where are houses being razed to the ground? That's not happening, a load of disenfranchised youths are smashing up shops and burning cars - all of which is covered by insurance, it's not like there is a thousand strong murderous mob roaming the streets killing people left right and centre

By the way, i'm 4000 miles away, i wonder when it will start to kick off here?

Nicholas Brody

a few of the stores owned by my company have already been smashed up. However, the employees jobs aren't going to disappear because of that. Where are houses being razed to the ground? That's not happening, a load of disenfranchised youths are smashing up shops and burning cars - all of which is covered by insurance, it's not like there is a thousand strong murderous mob roaming the streets killing people left right and centre

The flats above the shops are being destroyed.

:vrface:

some smaller workplaces likes shops and small businesses have been ruined. people are losing their jobs and livelihoods.

no houses being burned??? are you for real? there's many dozens of houses burned down.

i give up.

I P Knightley

I didn't realise it had a "all rights reserved" label on it preventing me from humming it over the weekend due to me not being in some godawful midlands hell-hole.

Matter of fact, I understood it to apply to the wider urban decay under Thatcher's Britain; the rise of unemployment and the closure of manufacturing capacity around the country - including Coventry. Thinking through the lyrics ("government leaving the youth on the shelf"; "no work to be found in this country"), it's definitely got more to do with that than racial tension.

Loads of relevance to the current situation, I'd say.

Next you'll be telling me that it's not physically possible to paint the whole world with a rainbow and that this is simply a literal contruct devised to convey an image that it is possible, through kindness and generosity, to share one's emotional well-being with others who share our planet. Well I'm not going to listen - I'm getting that rainbow paint at the weekend and then you'll see.

Private Hudson

I think you may be a little 'underinformed'. People are being assaulted and robbed, pulled out of their cars, knocked off motorbikes etc.

JamboRossi79

I suggest you stop talking about this as you clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. Try turning the TV on and switching it to a news channel.

Breakin' Rocks

Scum of the earth these *****.

Bankers, Politicians, Senior Police Officers, Media Hacks completes as appropriate.

UK is an affluent country, something gone seriously wrong when youngsters are beginning to smash up their own communities.

The Comedian

Can someone embed street fighting man by the stones thanks.

Some parts of England are like foreign countries.

So newsagents and clothes shops not to mention other private business are being raised to the ground and there are residential houses on fire not to mention the building that is being demolished tonight that im sure they said had 20 residential properties all of these people are fine though cause insurance will cover it.

give me strength

Riot-in-Tottenham-London-002.jpg

jambogaz1968

Some parts of England are like foreign countries.

You just noticed ??? <_<

The Mighty Thor

It's fairly spreading around...

Hackney, Lewisham, Croydon and now Clapham

Incredible scenes

I P Knightley

Do you recall that folk in England now have to pay for higher education? So what is the point in paying attention at school if it aint gonna lead to nuffin??

Mate - with 3 kids at school in London, it's not escaped my notice!

If they pay attention really hard, they'll get scholarships...

...failing that, would you adopt them until they have their places at Edinburgh Uni? They'll be no trouble - really!

The Mighty Thor

Wonder if they are considering deploying the army?

They won't. Imagine the image that sends out with only 350 odd days til the greatest show on earth.

Archived