The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Anchorman 2:8/10 really funny and lots of stupid jokes

American Hustle:7/10 really good cast and storyline but stretched the plot to long.

Shanks said no

Beyond the Hills 6/10 Romanian (subtitled) film about a monastery. 2 lassies who are from an orphanage meet up, one a nun and the other has been working on boats in Germany. All goes a bit bad religious from there on in. Not a fun film and without being politically incorrect, if that's what Romania's like I don't blame people for wanting to leave.

American Hustle - good comedy drama, interesting scam with some good performances from an excellent cast. Jeremy Renner's hair deserves an award of its own. 7/10

Shanks said no

What Maisie Knew

8/10

A film that parents should be made to watch if they are having relationship problems. The world viewed from Maisie the 6 year old daughter is one all too familar but by having her in every scene you get a true feel for the emotional hurt her parents are causing. I put this on thinking it was one for the wife but it was more than a divorce drama. Coogan and Moore were excellent and believable, but the child actress, Onata Aprile, stole the film for me.

Bullhead - solid Belgian drama about a farmer intodoping (himself and his cattle) who is also involved in the criminal underworld while confronting his past. 7/10

Edited by Zico

Rudolf's Mate

American Hustle - 8.5/10

Really enjoyed it. Thought all the main characters performances were brilliant. The dancing in the club :lol: Amy Adams has some body :wow:

Our Idiot Brother.

0/10 - Terrible film. Couldn't find myself liking a single main character in that film, Paul Rudd makes some terrible movies.

rudi must stay

12 Years A Slave

I didn't think it was anything special. It was a difficult watch, as it looks from the trailer, but that was only due to how slow and uninteresting it was. Django's a far better movie about the same subject in my opinion

5/10

Edited by rudi must stay

12 Years A Slave 7/10

Yes its disgusting and brutal what slavery was but I felt there was actually not enough of this mans story told throughout the film.I actually found myself thinking after the footnote at the end I wish I had seen that film of the mans life instead.Think I might read the book for a better insight to the mans actual hardship and brutality that he received/seen.

Sexton Hardcastle

American Hustle 6/10

Thought it would be better given earlier posts etc.

Wolf on wall street for tomorrow's flick.

Looking to rent 3/4 films of iTunes for a trip away,any suggestions of newish films?

Have a look through the last 5-10 pages of this thread, you'll get some good recommendations (and also a few differing opinions on the same film).

Looking to rent 3/4 films of iTunes for a trip away,any suggestions of newish films?

Would you not be better off renting full films? :)

Whats iTunes ?

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 6/10. Very disappointing. I thought the story was far too drawn out and making this into a trilogy was a bad idea.

Rudolf's Mate

The Wolf of Wall Street 7/10

Very good film and hilarious in places. Some parts struck a chord with my earlier days :lol:

Obviously not the money :sob:

The Mighty Thor

The Railway Man - 8/10

Really good story. Great performance from Colin Firth and a very old looking Nicole Kidman.

Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoyed it.

rudi must stay

The Lone Ranger

I was very impressed. Some of the best action sequences i've ever seen, they spent a lot of money on this film, in a time of recession you can see why people were never going to give it a chance, but IMO it was money well spent. Highly recommend it

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

netherleejambo

12 Years a Slave - can't understand the hype about this film. Yes, it demonstrates in a graphic way the cruelty of slavery but it's been done better in other films. No real plot and average acting, more like a TV drama. 5/10.

Shanks said no

Paradise : Faith

7/10

Second part in the trilogy directed by Ulrich Seidl. This time focussing on the sister, a very devout Catholic. Didn't have the shock value of the first installment but still a very weird film.

Shanks said no

The Punk Syndrome

7/10

Finnish documentary film (subtitles) about a group of mentally handicapped people who form the punk band Pertti Kurikan Nameday (unsure of spelling). Hilarious one moment and heartbreaking the next but a film that did not pull any punches.

Shanks said no

Paradise : Hope

7.5/10

Final part in the trilogy directed by Ulrich Seidl. It's the overweight daughters turn to be the focus of attention. She gets sent to fat camp with a group of chubby boys and girls. Another twisted tale from the Austrian director. First film of the 3 is easily the best but that is probably because you become immune to the shock tactics, this installment creeps up on you as the doctor's role becomes apparent.

Disser Pointon

12 Years a Slave - can't understand the hype about this film. Yes, it demonstrates in a graphic way the cruelty of slavery but it's been done better in other films. No real plot and average acting, more like a TV drama. 5/10.

Saw it last night and have to agree, but disappointing.

Anchorman 2 - 7/10

Not as quotable as the first film, but much crazier. The amount of cameos in the massive fight scene is hilarious, but there's far too much Steve Carell. The ending is just really silly as well.

Rudolf's Mate

Out Of The Furnace 8/10

Christian Bale and Woody Harrleson excellent in this one.

Is it out yet? Been looking forward to this one.

Captain Phillips - 8/10 Really enjoyed it

The Iceman - fascinating story, good cast but it lacked something and wasn't that great. Despite the good cast, most of them didn't convince - Ray Liotta is a good actor but the guy he played was meant to be a total psycho and it just didn't come across. 6/10

Is it out yet? Been looking forward to this one.

Captain Phillips - 8/10 Really enjoyed it

No it's not out yet. I managed to get a pre-screening ticket for last night. I really didn't know what to expect as it was a last minute ticket, but I was really impressed. Definitely one of the best films I've seen lately. Both Christan Bale and Woody Harrelson play their parts brilliantly. Recommended.

White Elephant - 8/10

Based around two priests who work in a slum in Argentina and whilst trying to do a lot of good, get mixed up in a bit of strife with the local police and the gangs they try to suppress. Excellent performances all round and well worth a watch.

American Hustle - 6.5/10

Went to see this today and save for some decent performances, the film, I thought, was overly long and a bit flat. A decentish yarn but I dont think it was as spectacular as some have made out.

Really looking forward to seeing Dallas Buyers Club when it comes out. Any idea when its on release?

Edited by Chester?

Really looking forward to seeing Dallas Buyers Club when it comes out. Any idea when its on release?

7th Feb. I really want to see it too, looks very good.

Shanks said no

A field in England

1/10

A film set in a field, in England, during the English Civil war, starring around 6 characters. That's about all i understood, there seemed to be some witchcraft and mushroom eating but the rest will forever be a mystery as i watched the last half hour at double speed, there is only so many minutes of watching men dig a hole that I could endure.

rudi must stay

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty

Couldn't recommend it enough. Especially on the big screen, very good looking movie. A very upbeat movie, it's a change from the pretty bleak things that have been releasing recently

10/10

Tabloid - fascinating documentary about eh...Mormon sex slaves, British tabloids and Korean dog cloning. This might not be the best film Errol Morris has made but everything he does is great. 8/10

Samuel Camazzola

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty

Couldn't recommend it enough. Especially on the big screen, very good looking movie. A very upbeat movie, it's a change from the pretty bleak things that have been releasing recently

10/10

Couldn't agree more. Nice to see Ben Stiller play a different type of character too.

Rudolf's Mate

Dallas Buyers Club - 8.5/10 Toyed with a 9! Brilliant film.

On the back of the above reviews I think I'll be watching Secret Life of Walter Mitty tonight :thumbsup:

12 years a slave......Been done before but worth a watch.7/10.

The wolf of wall street....Really enjoyed this, could have done with 30mins cut off though.Thought Leo was imitating a young Jack Nicholson when making all the start up speeches. 8/10.

Rush.....Brilliant account of the rivalry of N Lauda and J Hunt, amazing racing scenes and gets across the bravery of racing drivers in the 70's superbly.9/10

12 years a slave......Been done before but worth a watch.7/10.

The wolf of wall street....Really enjoyed this, could have done with 30mins cut off though.Thought Leo was imitating a young Jack Nicholson when making all the start up speeches. 8/10.

Rush.....Brilliant account of the rivalry of N Lauda and J Hunt, amazing racing scenes and gets across the bravery of racing drivers in the 70's superbly.9/10

Its all I ever see when I watch Di Caprio films now.Still a brilliant film though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2