The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

the descendants. better than I expected. was weary from the trailer and the first ten minutes had me squirming it would be another American "MY FAMILY ARE SO QUIRKY" film but it didn't get caught up on that. would've preferred to see the artist but couldn't fit that in around the football.

6/10

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Countdown to Zero

7/10

Documentary about the rise, and the threats, of nuclear weapons. Features Tony Blair, Jimmy Carter and Mikhail Gorbachev.

Collapse

10/10

Amazon description:-

Meet Michael Ruppert, a different kind of American. A former Los Angeles police officer turned independent reporter, he predicted the current financial crisis in his self-published newsletter, From the Wilderness, at a time when most Wall Street and Washington analysts were still in denial. Sitting in a room that looks like a bunker, Ruppert recounts his career as a radical thinker and spells out the crises he sees ahead. He draws upon the same news reports and data available to any Internet user, but he applies a unique interpretation. Collapse also serves as a portrait of a loner. Over the years, Ruppert has stood up for what he believes in despite fierce opposition. He candidly describes the sacrifices and motivators in his life. While other observers analyze details of the economic crisis, Ruppert views it as symptomatic of nothing less than the collapse of industrial civilization itself.

Powerful. A must see, in my view.

Edited by Lionel Richie

Son of No One - 3/10

Starring Mark Lawrenson Al Pacino and human vacuum Channing Tatum (how in the **** is this guy famous?), this cliched pile of crap tells the story of murders that weren't murders and how they inexplicable affect the lives of 3 men, seeing as they were accidents, not murders. Its pretty shite. Theres also someone who looks like he used to be Ray Liotta but now resembles a junkie with eye liner.

The Descendants - I love Alexander Payne's films. Smart, well written, comedy dramas. Lacked the bite of Sideways and Election but very enjoyable. 8/10

The Descendants - I love Alexander Payne's films. Smart, well written, comedy dramas. Lacked the bite of Sideways and Election but very enjoyable. 8/10

I liked it as well,could have done with a wee bit more comedy though.7/10.

Loved Sideways but have never saw Election.I will have to try and remember to watch Election soon.

Casablanca- 10/10

I'm biased but it's one of my favourite films.

Ingrid Bergman looking stunningly beautiful. Bogart being Bogart.....

Guest GhostHunter

Star Wars Episode 1 - hmm, hasnt aged terribly well, the 3D didnt really improve it tbh. As a side note - I'm sure there's a scene that's been recently added/reshot with Macgregor and Neeson ... 5/10

Sarah's Key - 8/10 - touching drama about the persecution of French Jews in 1942

Woman In Black - 9/10 - scariest movie I've ever seen. Good mixture of jumps and creepiness.

Marcy, May, Mark, Mikey, whatever - rubbish title but very good film. Kind of reminded me of winters bone in atmosphere and both feature the excellent John Hawkes. A fine psychological drama. 8/10

The Muppets - average at best. Zico Jnr enjoyed it though, which was the main thing. Dave Grohl's cameo appearance was both amusing and surprising! 4/10

A Dangerous Method

Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender, Vincent Cassel and Keira Knightly getting spanked in a corset? Yes plz. :smuggy:

Enjoyed it even despite that tbf, found it a really interesting study of the three characters and what made them tick. Never been a massive David Cronenberg fan but thought this was decent.

Ironclad was definitely NOT a 9/10 for me likes :lol:

Aside from the ridiculous rewriting of history, it was so generic it was untrue. Giamatti with that stupid hairdo as John Lackland was good though :lol:

rudi must stay

Mesrine part 2

a typical French film, it's very stylishly filmed. But I found it quite slow moving, and Cassel was a disappointment as Mesrine, maybe due to his other commitments at the time.

6/10

The Descendants

It doesn't have many laughs but I enjoyed this film. Other than the dodgy music it's quite near faultless actually

9/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Hugo.

Meh, it wouldn't be getting such rave reviews if it was directed by someone other than Scorscese.

6/10

Some of the cinematography is lovely, but there isn't really much to the movie.

Creepy Lurker

L'Appartement - 6/10 - French film which was quite good until the ending, which was basically just one big WTF.

Goodfellas - 9/10 - Classic.

rudi must stay

We Need To Talk About Kevin

not my sort of film tbh, the actor that plays Kevin is brilliant though, a treully scary performance.

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Hellboy - enjoyably daft comic book adaptation with del Toro's trademark visual style. 7/10

13 Assassins - proper samurai film. Bit slow at first but good when it gets going with a quality hour long scrap. 7/10

rudi must stay

We Need To Talk About Kevin

not my sort of film tbh, the actor that plays Kevin is brilliant though, a treully scary performance.

7/10

Watched it again. I was totally wrong here, great movie, but it was Tilda Swinton that steals the show

9/10

Contagion: Gripping, 9/10

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: Intriguing but a wee bit confusing at times, 7/10

Avenue Montaigne: Harmless fluff, 5/10

The Women In Black 3/10

Absolute pish I had to put it off it was that boring and Radcliffe is totally wooden

Contagion 6/10

About an unknown deadly virus that wipes out millions of people. The ending is weak and lets the rest of the film down a bit, but still worth a watch.