The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

The Help

Very good, actually. Feared it would be a made-for-TV thing in disguise, but was pleasantly surprised.

8/10

rudi must stay

The Perfect Host

A clever thriller with a very creepy performance from David Hyde Pierce

8/10

Anuvahood

very random film. But there are some funny moments and it deserves some credit for it's ambition, there are plenty of well known actors in cameos

6/10

rudi must stay

The Artist

I was worried I might find it disinteresting, with it not having any talking. But that wasn't the case and people that have the same worries shouldn't. It really is as good as they say.

10/10

The Veteran

Decent low budget British thriller, I was disappointed with Toby Kebbell's performance though he's usually much more convincing.

5/10

War Horse 4/10

Thought this would be so much better but it's actually pretty rubbish,expected much better story telling from Speilberg but it just ploddied along from one scene to the next.I did like the horse though.

Immortals

I thought it was going to be pish, and it was.

A couple of good fight/cgi scenes which gives it an extra 1.

2/10

It could have been so so much better.

A big letdown and waste of a great idea :(

Melancholia 5/10

Mehlancholia more like.

Christ it must be bad considering Kirsten Dunst disrobes in it.

Office Space 8/10 It's not quite the classic people make it out to be but still decent.

Sterling Archer

Christ it must be bad considering Kirsten Dunst disrobes in it.

Office Space 8/10 It's not quite the classic people make it out to be but still decent.

It's very beautiful to look at in parts (no I didn't mean those parts) but it just didn't do anything for me.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - the 2011 version with Daniel Craig - 10/10, just hope they continue with the last 2 as well...

I read somewhere that they are going to go ahead with the other 2, despite the 1st one not bringing in the cash they had hoped for.

greedy twats

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - the 2011 version with Daniel Craig - 10/10, just hope they continue with the last 2 as well...

Just finished watching as well.A lot better than I expected.Better than the Swedish version which I really liked as well.9/10

Mesrine 1&2 7/10

After watching these two films I'm surprised he lasted so long every job he done seemed to be a complete **** up.Entertaining films though.

attack the block - 1/10 absolute ******* pish

the warriors - 4/10 poor man's west side story

lonely place to die - 6/10 better than I expected

The Artist - worthy of the hype. Very well made and quite funny. 7.5/10

Red State - daft but enjoyable shoot em up. A bit preachy in parts but it's the first Kevin Smith movie I've actually wanted to see in about ten years and good to see him doing something decent. 7/10

The Lives Of Others - one of those films I meant to see when it came out but never got round to. It was worth the wait - outstanding. 9/10

Blackthorn.....Western story about the ageing Butch Cassidy after he survived the shoot out.8/10.

Point Blank.....Action packed French movie about a male nurse who gets involved in a kidnapping crime after his pregnant wife is abducted.8/10.

A Separation. Too many good things to say about this movie. Wonderfully shot with heart breaking naturalistic acting it manages to tell an engaging story that also poses some fine questions on religion, philosophy, middle-eastern culture with regards to women, justice, truth and a dozen other things. Nevermind the best iranian film i've ever seen, it's about as good as any film i've ever seen.

Guest GhostHunter

Lunopolis - indie, low budget movie with an exceptionally well written and presented storyline about a lost city on the moon. Sounds ridiculous, but they pull it off really well 7/10

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Girl with the dragon tattoo (2011) - 9/10 - very good, it was remarkable how much it was like I imagined when reading the book.

The Wrestler - 8/10 - Superb, Mickey Rourke puts in a phenomenal performance it it.

Take Shelter.....Great acting,good story but weirdly I lost interest long before the end.Far too long.Shorter film would have been a higher mark.6/10.

One Day. 6/10

Not the chic-flick weepie I assumed it was going to be. That Anne Hathaway is nice :)

The Artist 8/10.

Not the one trick gimmick I thought it might be. The guys eyebrows deserve an Oscar of their own.

Since Friday I have watched -

Green Lantern - aright super hero flick but it gets pissed on from a great height by Xmen First Class. Ryan Reynolds is not a man to lead a film. 5/10.

Contagion - interesting take on the 'deadly disease' genre. See a lot more behind the scenes that other films of this ilk. Its ok although Kate Winslet is pretty mediocre as per usual. 6/10.

Moneyball - decent sports flick but could have been better had Brad Pitt concentrated on acting rather than just cheesing his way through yet another film. Honest to god, the man has been horrific in every film since the 'Assasination of.....' He seems to have given up acting and just grins throughout every performance. 7/10.

rudi must stay

Since Friday I have watched -

Green Lantern - aright super hero flick but it gets pissed on from a great height by Xmen First Class. Ryan Reynolds is not a man to lead a film. 5/10.

Contagion - interesting take on the 'deadly disease' genre. See a lot more behind the scenes that other films of this ilk. Its ok although Kate Winslet is pretty mediocre as per usual. 6/10.

Moneyball - decent sports flick but could have been better had Brad Pitt concentrated on acting rather than just cheesing his way through yet another film. Honest to god, the man has been horrific in every film since the 'Assasination of.....' He seems to have given up acting and just grins throughout every performance. 7/10.

You must have seen a different film to me mate. Brad Pitt was superb I thought, he was very unlucky not to get an Oscar nomination playing a very warped character.

Der Baader Meinhoff Complex - 7.5/10

About an increasingly violent German terrorist group during the 60s/70s who were protesting against their government supporting American imperialism.

alwaysthereinspirit

The Woman in Black.(Saturday night) My wifes choice. We take turns picking. The next three picks are now mine.

1 My pick as dictated by the rules.

2 Her next pick, due to being put on suspension due to the Saturday debacle.

3 Back to me.

What a $#!te movie.

You must have seen a different film to me mate. Brad Pitt was superb I thought, he was very unlucky not to get an Oscar nomination playing a very warped character.

I can kinda see what you're saying but I just find he grins his way thorough films nowadays. Watching the Oceans films was like watching him and Clooney flirt for 6 hours.

On a side note, anyone see the trailer for the new Tom Hardy film where he is some sort of secret agent? What an utter load of gash that looks. Why do folk like Hardy do these films? Surely it cant all be about money? Warrior then Batman has sealed his place on the A-list. Surely no need to taint a promising career already?

rudi must stay

I can kinda see what you're saying but I just find he grins his way thorough films nowadays. Watching the Oceans films was like watching him and Clooney flirt for 6 hours.

On a side note, anyone see the trailer for the new Tom Hardy film where he is some sort of secret agent? What an utter load of gash that looks. Why do folk like Hardy do these films? Surely it cant all be about money? Warrior then Batman has sealed his place on the A-list. Surely no need to taint a promising career already?

it is all about money IMO. Not that they need it, just that these films are willing to pay them money no-one could turn down.

it is all about money IMO. Not that they need it, just that these films are willing to pay them money no-one could turn down.

I get it, I just think its pretty pathetic. I'd rather have a fine film pedigree and slightly less millions though. You only need to look at some of the films De Niro has done recently to see that pissing all over your legacy for a cheap buck isn't a good look.

Ferris Beulers Day Off 6/10

Remember it being better. Ferris Beuler may be a righteous dude but I was watching it thinking he was a bit of a *****

Creepy Lurker

Le Pacte des Loups - 2/10

Crap French film. Seems like it wants to fit into about 10 genres at once and is crap in all of them.