The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

You have no soul, that is a great film and a great performance

I found it all a bit cheesy. It was like watching an Italian version of a Carry On movie.

Edited by Ray Gin

Sterling Archer

Even the rain - 8/10

Great film centred around the Bolivian water protests.

Gael Garcia Bernal is dreamy...

PsychocAndy

the Dictator it was alright 7.5 / 10

Some real laugh out loud moments, maybe 7/10

PsychocAndy

We Bought A Zoo 7.5/10

I really shouldn't watch smoltzy nonsense like this. A true story too.

Once 8/10

Low budget movie set in Ireland.

Song writer/busker meets good looking female.

Great sound track.

Recommended :thumbsup:

Badlands - beautifully shot, and a great counterbalance between sickly sweet romance and murder. And a Terence Malick film with a cohesive narrative structure! 8/10

Project X. Kinda reminds me off the Inbetweeners but its about 4 high school kids host a party to try be cool but it gets well out of hand 8/10

Edited by jose barriniho

rudi must stay

Puss In Boots

Really disappointing. I saw the trailer and expected big things but it's poor, the idea of putting a comedian who's at his best offending people in a film for kids where he can't say anything remotely offensive sums this film up

5/10

Three Colours: Red 6/10

Decent but way over-rated. The story just isn't all that interesting.

Half Nelson 7/10

Ryan Gosling is excellent as a teacher with a crack habit. The ending lets it down a bit.

Sterling Archer

Chronicle:

7/10

A reasonably enjoyable film about 3 teenagers who get superpowers.

Rick Grimes

Prometheus - 2/10.

A thought-provoking & profound masterpiece for people who want the answers to all Life's big questions to be:

"What if though, eh?"

and

"Oooh, shiny".

(I'm still ******* furious)

vegas-voss

Avengers Assemble 6/10

Swap Transformers for the Avengers and you pretty much have the same film only slightly more enjoyable.

Prometheus 7/10

Not a patch on Alien/Aliens, but was I not entertained? Yes, I was. I don't think it was intended to be profound and thought-provoking. It's a sci-fi/horror movie after all.

Edited by Ray Gin

The People's Chimp

Half Nelson 7/10

Ryan Gosling is excellent as a teacher with a crack habit. The ending lets it down a bit.

Bizarrely, I saw that on Spanish TV last year, thought it was an interesting film, quite intense in places and Gosling is excellent.

My last film was Drive, which, shamefully I only got round to watching last weekend. 9/10. I know it split opinion with some people bemoaning the lack of dialogue or the triumph of style over substance, but how can you ignore something which is just so damn stylish? The neon sheen, the noir underbelly and the perfect soundtrack combine perfectly with glimpses of ultra violence to draw you right into its world, a slow burner which leaves you wanting more.

rudi must stay

Nil By Mouth

Miserable stuff but Ray Winstone and Kathy Burke are both terrific. That's not a suprise though Gary Oldman directed it

7/10

Chris Benoit

Nil By Mouth

Miserable stuff but Ray Winstone and Kathy Burke are both terrific. That's not a suprise though Gary Oldman directed it

7/10

Wrote it too iirc

Rick Grimes

Prometheus 7/10

Not a patch on Alien/Aliens, but was I not entertained? Yes, I was. I don't think it was intended to be profound and thought-provoking. It's a sci-fi/horror movie after all.

Sadly that's exactly what it was trying to be and probably the main reason it wasn't remotely scary or tension building at all.

God, I hated that film!

Sadly that's exactly what it was trying to be and probably the main reason it wasn't remotely scary or tension building at all.

God, I hated that film!

I didn't get that impression at all.

My last film was Drive, which, shamefully I only got round to watching last weekend. 9/10. I know it split opinion with some people bemoaning the lack of dialogue or the triumph of style over substance, but how can you ignore something which is just so damn stylish? The neon sheen, the noir underbelly and the perfect soundtrack combine perfectly with glimpses of ultra violence to draw you right into its world, a slow burner which leaves you wanting more.

I got round to watching this tonight really enjoyed it after a few folk at work said it was a must watch 9/10 from me.

The Angels Share....Superb.Ken Loach film with Scottish humour at its best.Only thing wrong the Hibs twins on the soundtrack.8/10.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Captain America - 6/10

Iron Man - 6/10

Iron Man 2 - 7/10

Hulk - 2/10

The Incredible Hulk - 5/10

Thor - 6/10

The Avengers Assemble 8/10

All watched over the space of three days last week. It was a struggle at times. Especially the Hulk ones. They are so bad.

Captain America - 6/10

Iron Man - 6/10

Iron Man 2 - 7/10

Hulk - 2/10

The Incredible Hulk - 5/10

Thor - 6/10

The Avengers Assemble 8/10

All watched over the space of three days last week. It was a struggle at times. Especially the Hulk ones. They are so bad.

The only comic book hero films I like are Nolan's Batman efforts, and Kick Ass.

The new Spiderman film looks dreadful.

War Fighter a Russian made film about the war in Chechnya which was strangely in German 7.5/10

God Bless America 8/10

Black comedy about a middle man that has had enough of American life and befriends a teenage girl and they go on a killing spree across America.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Wrath Of The Titans 5/10 - better than the first one but not by much

Rock Of Ages 2/10 - The wife made me go and watch this.Absolute drivel.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Prometheus - I quite enjoyed it but the script was poor and some of the acting was terrible. 5/10

J Edgar - interesting biopic, albeit a bit slow (like most of Eastwood's films). Great performance by di Caprio. 7/10

Moneyball - great sports drama. 8/10

21 Jump Street- funniest film I've seen in a while. Watched it on a plane and got some funny looks as I was p!shing myself laughing at some bits. 8/10

Moneyball - 6.5/10

Quite enjoyed this despite not being a fan of American rounders.

The Divide - 4.5/10

Not a very pleasant film.

rudi must stay

Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close

really enjoyed this film. It has a magic about it, similar to Hugo

8/10

MiB3

2 days on and i've forgotten most of what happened in it. That sort of sums it up, although Josh Brolin is quite good, he does lose Tommy Lee Jones' accent a few times but that's understandable, some actors wouldn't have got close to his accent in the first place.

6/10

Iron Sky a finnish german and austrailian made about the Americans finding Nazis on the moon planning an invasion on earth funny in bits out of sheer stupidity of Americans and scorned women with egos. 6/10

Harry Palmer

Escape to Victory 10/10

For the penalty save alone. :thumbsup:

Edited by Arnold

Marvels Avengers Assemble.....Great action and funny as well.....8/10.

Snow White and the Huntsmen.......Surprisingly enjoyable action adventure.....7/10.

Red Lights......Psychological adventure with a nice twist.....7/10.

rudi must stay

California Solo

low budget drama starring Robert Carlyle. Some people might like it, certainly Robert Carlyle does put in a very good performance, but I thought it was pretty dull and very slow moving.

6/10

Quadrophenia - thanks to a post on here yesterday. Still good and Leslie Ash (pre-cod lips) is a definite 'would'.