Golf Game

jamborich

Congrats to Deviskan and also well done to hiz999 for the great final round scores and finishing top two on the leaderboard. :toasting:

So far...a cheeky wee 56 and I'm in there :lol:

Mind if I join you Boab before I head oot?

So far...a cheeky wee 56 and I'm in there :lol:

Mind if I join you Boab before I head oot?

You'd be better pissed...trust me.Either that or i'm rotten at this.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the blustery day, you git :D

Special mention should go to Jambodunks methinks, he shot a first round 86 and is sitting up there in the top 8, way to go mate! :thumbsup:

Cheers John :teehee:

Unfortunately back to St Andrews though, so another 86 in the offing :unsure:

Beer fridge first, though I'm out of Guinness :verymad:

Walter Bishop

Finished with a 79, delighted consider i 5 putted the 2nd and was +7 after 3!!! Could hardly reach alot of par 4`s and i must be the first person in the history of golf to have to play a 3 iron 2nd shot into 18!!!!

Yip - St Andrews ain't my course! A horrendous 89 for me, including an 8 at the last! I was in the Valley of Sin 3 times :whistling:

Well done to the players hitting under par :thumbsup:

a cheeky wee 56 and I'm in there :lol:

Ah well - 5 holes in one with my last 5 tee shots and I'd've done it :lol:

So why the feck did I choose to go bogey - bogey - bogey - bogey - par?

Feckin wind, feckin putting, feckin game - whose feckin idea was this anyway?:verymad:

Time for the 19th - I may be there some time...

44 putts in a round of 84. Six holes in (at +7) before I realised the greens were "very fast" and I was wondering why I hadn't had a second putt of less than 10ft. D'oh!

Wind and pin positions were a pure barsteward, had a 76 in practice at St Andrews last night.

ArmiyaRomanova

THE INAUGURAL KICKBACK OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

RESULTS

Save a miracle (the only player yet to register a round who could break into the top three would require a 63 to do so), it's all over bar the shouting.

So, with due regard for a complete lack of Kickback tradition, the presentation will take place before the Round is closed.

THE WINNER

CONGRATULATIONS to DEVISKAN, who becomes the first KICKBACKERS Open Champion with a score of 275 (65, 67, 73, 70). Deviskan led from the off, and saw off his challengers with a sub par final round despite testing course conditions. Well done!

A gaggle of adoring fans* has gathered by the 18th green

madison+raging+grannies.jpg

for the presentation of the Trophy.

golfcorporate08.jpg

Afterwards, Deviskan will be whisked away to a traditional no-expense-gone-to Victors' Banquet with the event's corporate sponsors.

8liv.JPG

true-mans-drink.jpg

Full Leaderboard and final analysis will be up after close of play this evening.

* I innocently typed 'grannies' into Google Images with safe search off. NEVER again. :(

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Dave Spacey

I'm stuck in a ******* bunker. 1 over par on the 13th hole at St Andrews, now on shot 7, the lip of the bunker is too high and I'm too close to it. Every time i get slightly out it rolls back in, HELP!!!! what do i do? :lol:

Mark_Mywords

I'm out!!!!!!! completely ruined my round though, 9 shots just to get out the bunker

:teehee:

Edited by Mark_Mywords

I'm stuck in a ******* bunker. 1 over par on the 13th hole at St Andrews, now on shot 7, the lip of the bunker is too high and I'm too close to it. Every time i get slightly out it rolls back in, HELP!!!! what do i do? :lol:

If I'd seen this earlier I'd've said play it out backwards or sideways (just by aiming there) and take whatever punishment the course gives you - should usually manage to get away with dropping only 1 or 2 shots.

Walter Bishop

THE INAUGURAL KICKBACK OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

RESULTS

Save a miracle (the only player yet to register a round who could break into the top three would require a 63 to do so), it's all over bar the shouting.

So, with due regard for a complete lack of Kickback tradition, the presentation will take place before the Round is closed.

THE WINNER

CONGRATULATIONS to DEVISKAN, who becomes the first KICKBACKERS Open Champion with a score of 275 (65, 67, 73, 70). Deviskan led from the off, and saw off his challengers with a sub par final round despite testing course conditions. Well done!

A gaggle of adoring fans* has gathered by the 18th green

madison+raging+grannies.jpg

for the presentation of the Trophy.

golfcorporate08.jpg

Afterwards, Deviskan will be whisked away to a traditional no-expense-gone-to Victors' Banquet with the event's corporate sponsors.

8liv.JPG

true-mans-drink.jpg

Full Leaderboard and final analysis will be up after close of play this evening.

* I innocently typed 'grannies' into Google Images with safe search off. NEVER again. :(

When is tournament number 2 getting under way!!! :thumbsup:

ArmiyaRomanova

A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR THE WEEKEND

New 72 hour competition is up, with UNLIMITED play, so there's no excuse....

Another full four-round Tournament will start on Sunday evening.

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Sheiky Baby

I used to be able to drive 240 yards plus now I'm only getting just over 200!!

This game screams out 'buy clubs please' otherwise your clubs get worse

portobellojambo1

Tournament greens...WTF????

Frikkikn nightmare!!

I gave up my round after 4 holes Boof. I think the first 4 holes were 3 par 4's and a par 5 and I had played 4 drives, 5 irons and had 32 putts, sitting at +24 (on one hole I think I putted 4 times from about 1.5 feet).. Wasn't too sure how far the counter could go up, but the thought of finishing +108 wasn't too appealing. I might give it another bash later on tonight, or just concentrate on trying to get better at the game in general (no point in trying to run before you can walk).

If you find the tournament greens annoying, do not use a 3wd from 1.5ft away from the hole, it's not as satisfying as i thought it would be and it doesn't improve your score:angry:

Dave Spacey

I've been getting incredibly close with my chips on the green from around 90 yards, hit the pin with one shot but it didn't drop. I did hole a 38 yard chip to eagle the 16th though :woot: Done a 75 round, so chuffed with myself

jambopompey

Tournament greens...WTF????

Frikkikn nightmare!!

i had a round where i used maximum shots, i have been doing a few ranked rounds yesterday on the same course and getting OK scores of around 80, played 3 rounds today and my best was 95, my approach shots have been fairly good but putting is well off

A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR THE WEEKEND

New 72 hour competition is up, with UNLIMITED play, so there's no excuse....

Another full four-round Tournament will start on Sunday evening.

Do we have to play with a cut? I know it replicates the real game, but, for us hackers we would still like the opportunity to battle it out against our fellow rabbits.

Its that or we play with ourselves, which I.......don't enjoy as much. :blink:

I was just putting for par on the last hole when a message came up saying your time has expired!! Not impressed but at least it won't have any effect on the leaders!!

ArmiyaRomanova

Do we have to play with a cut? I know it replicates the real game, but, for us hackers we would still like the opportunity to battle it out against our fellow rabbits.

Its that or we play with ourselves, which I.......don't enjoy as much. :blink:

Fair point.

I'd welcome suggestions as to how best to run future tourneys.

Given that we've got 24 hours to play our round, it doesn't make any odds how many folk are entered, so I don't see why not have everybody play all 4 rounds.

ArmiyaRomanova

KICKBACK INAUGURAL OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

FINAL LEADERBOARD

JKB-endtourney.jpg

Congratulations once again to tourney winner Deviskan, who's probably enjoying the sponsors' dinner right now. :unsure:

Tough luck to hiz999 and AndyMcI77, who made it a close run comp.

Congratulations are also due to top-ranking Amateur players jamiej29 and jambodunks, who tied at 320.

And to bigfow, the only Hack player to survive, finishing 15 of the 16 players who actually contended all four rounds.

Alright lads,

Just cottoned onto this yesterday & played 3 holes. It's not easy I see, but looks good to me

I'ld be keen to join the country club - is it just a case of waiting to be invited?

My username on WGT is 'babywhalo'

Cheers

ArmiyaRomanova

Alright lads,

Just cottoned onto this yesterday & played 3 holes. It's not easy I see, but looks good to me

I'ld be keen to join the country club - is it just a case of waiting to be invited?

My username on WGT is 'babywhalo'

Cheers

Invite sent. :thumbsup:

Yep - congrats to Deviskan (is he/she a JKB regular? - I just want some tips :lol: ) for the inaugural 4-round victory.

Well dones also to hiz999 and AndyMcI77.

And biggest thanks of all to Kickbackers Country Club inaugurator / president / heid honcho - ayeball.

Good tourney, AR, and here's to the next one (and I don't mean the one played on those tournament feckin greens :lol: )

Sex Panther

Cheers AR, those tournament greens are a bit rough are they not? (No pun intended)

Pretty happy with a 79, shot 85(i think) on the first round.

just signed up and shot 83 at St Andrews on my first round. A few 4-putts in there too! An invite would be lovely please...?

username is milanos

Edited by jamboally

ArmiyaRomanova

just signed up and shot 83 at St Andrews on my first round. A few 4-putts in there too! An invite would be lovely please...?

username is milanos

:thumbsup:

ArmiyaRomanova

A Little Something For The Weekend

Competition Results

Only 18 members took part in this 'quick' competition.

Once again, Deviskan lodges a convincing victory, a full 7 strokes clear of second place ayeball - will anyone be capable of challenging his dominance?

Congratulations also to top-rated Amateur Dave 243, who beat several Pros by lodging a 3 over par 75.

1 Deviskan 62

2 ayeball 69

3 jamiej29 70

4 ElephantStones 72

5 sosweb 73

6 Dave243 75

7 AndyMcI77 77

8 Tamland 79

8 JamboBoof 79

10 Kelman13 82

11 Roscoe1874 83

12 ScottishCowboy 86

13 robbodog 88

14 portobellojambo1 89

15 jambopompey 93

16 Shaggy38 95

17 graygo 98

18 firestation 105

Details of a new four-round tournament late this evening.....

ArmiyaRomanova

Here's this week's tournament for you all....

Kickbackers St Andrews Marathon

4 rounds of the Old Course, with differing wind/green conditions on each round.

Each round will be open for 48 hours, which should give most folk time to register a score - though it does mean that tourney will run through to next week.

Single play (i.e. no multiple rounds to up your score), and there will be no Cut this time out.

Round One is up for play now.

Enjoy!

A Little Something For The Weekend

Competition Results

Only 18 members took part in this 'quick' competition.

Once again, Deviskan lodges a convincing victory, a full 7 strokes clear of second place ayeball - will anyone be capable of challenging his dominance?

Congratulations also to top-rated Amateur Dave 243, who beat several Pros by lodging a 3 over par 75.

1 Deviskan 62

2 ayeball 69

3 jamiej29 70

4 ElephantStones 72

5 sosweb 73

6 Dave243 75

7 AndyMcI77 77

8 Tamland 79

8 JamboBoof 79

10 Kelman13 82

11 Roscoe1874 83

12 ScottishCowboy 86

13 robbodog 88

14 portobellojambo1 89

15 jambopompey 93

16 Shaggy38 95

17 graygo 98

18 firestation 105

Details of a new four-round tournament late this evening.....

Little bit of encouragement for the guys at the bottom of the pile!

If the people that came last gave up we wouldn't have a game!!! :thumbsup:

Just shot 67. Gutted i three putted 15.

Definitely find it easier on slow greens.

I notice the tournament online says unlimited play. Can i confirm we are only to play each round once?

Edited by AndyMcI