Golf Game

jamborich

ArmiyaRomanova

Here's the leaderboard after Round Two.

JKBTOROUND2.jpg

Deviskan has established a four stroke lead over his closest rival hiz999

A further three strokes separate 2nd and 3rd place, occupied by AndyMcI77.

Behind that, a small knot of three players (JamboBoof, c9crew and ayeball) also remain in contention - just.

Congratulations to jambodunks, the highest rating Amateur player, in 8th place.*

And to bigfow, the last remaining Hack player in contention, placed 20th.

*although I see he's been promoted to Professional since the tourney began, he entered as an Amateur.

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

The Old Tolbooth

Nope, but it does mean that you can buy decent equipment in the pro store. :whistling:

Ahh, cheers for that mate, I wasn't sure what difference it made if any.

Also, I cant believe I scraped in and made the cut, woo hoo!! :thumbsup:

JamboRossi79

I cannot putt in this stupid game, just got 93 in the pretend third round (consistency seems to be good even though I am bad)

Mon the Jambodunks, since he added me as a mate on WGT! I know have 2! Get in!

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Feeling the pressure now and I'm not even on the first yet! Maybe another Guinness first :unsure:

I've noticed it a few times now, but already 3 times tonight, my putter meeter has just stalled then appeared past the line/.

I don;'t think my computer can handle this game... thats sad!

I've noticed it a few times now, but already 3 times tonight, my putter meeter has just stalled then appeared past the line/.

That happened me a lot in my first few rounds.

I discovered that if you just let the meter sail right past to the end it gives the whoosh sound but doesn't count as a shot i.e. a practice shot. Then, next time around (at least it has been every time with me so far) the meter runs smoothly.

But better try it in a practice round first:lol:

ArmiyaRomanova

Dismal 77 in the Third Round - got caught in four bunkers en route, hitting for distance instead of laying up.

And I couldn't hole a single putt over 6 foot. :ahhhhhhh:

Well I was 6 over for the front 9, with 3 times my putter meeter went nuts with short putts. I turned my graphics quality to the lowest setting and was 2 under for the back 9 then bogeyed 16 and 18... stupid game.. still.. sitting in 2nd and It should have been so much better! ..

STUPID GAME!

The Old Tolbooth

Shot a 79 for round three and I dropped 6 shots in the last 4 holes! :wacko:

I was going along really nicely and even managed consecutive birdies, but then my sphincter started going like the clappers at the thought of a great round on a hard course, and the bottle crashed! :lol:

Sheiky Baby

Did the best I could with the shan clubs. No distance on them whatsoever!!

Meter was going nuts too

80. No bad

Bought some new balls to employ some spin - got none! Best look at the tutorial again :lol:

Anyway, started ok and gradually got worse! 76 in the end. Might need to invest in new clubs - don't hit very far, but 100% driving accuracy :thumbsup:

Just a thought, folks.

Another thing that helped me after a few rounds was actually going back and watching those tutorial videos again. And (to reiterate) those putting tips Chris posted - I shudder to think what my scores would've been like without them.

The Old Tolbooth

Just a thought, folks.

Another thing that helped me after a few rounds was actually going back and watching those tutorial videos again. And (to reiterate) those putting tips Chris posted - I shudder to think what my scores would've been like without them.

The putting tips are superb, my putting has improved no ends since watching it and I'm knocking 10 shots off a round of where I was beforehand. :thumbsup:

This has happened to me many times as well but if you just leave it, the meter goes all the way to end and the player has a practise putt and it doesn't cost you a stroke!!

ArmiyaRomanova

Mid afternoon, and five players have still to register their Third Round....

hiz999

AndyMcI77

Kelman13

JambosFan

bigfow

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

This has happened to me many times as well but if you just leave it, the meter goes all the way to end and the player has a practise putt and it doesn't cost you a stroke!!

But it always seems to happen just as i'm pressing it.. and it ends up stopping well past the line!

But it always seems to happen just as i'm pressing it.. and it ends up stopping well past the line!

Ah...can't help you with that one I'm afraid.

However, I do remember another putting tip from ArmiyaRomanova...the vertical distance in inches is equivalent (just about - maybe depends on the speed of the green, I think) to 1 foot in the length of the putt. i.e. if the putt is 3inches uphill, allow an extra 3 feet in it's length.

It was that horrendous one on Bethpage where I had a 27 ft putt with a 25 in drop :blink:

I ended up putting near enough sideways...and not making it :lol:

Elephant stones

Has anyone that's bought new clubs found that it improves their game? I spent 3,000 credits on a new set and I'm all over the place now. :angry:

^^

New driver - extra distance :thumbsup:

60 degree lob wedge.

Spinnier balls - can't remember which ones...(went for a check) GI-S. Got purple ones which is a bit funky :lol:

Just back in from work and i`ve just made the cut on 171. Right time to have a practise before i do bethpage.

jambopompey

Has anyone that's bought new clubs found that it improves their game? I spent 3,000 credits on a new set and I'm all over the place now. :angry:

bought a set of ping clubs, getting used to them the now, does seem a bit easier, finding my approach shots and positioning better, putting is getting better, getting closer with my long puts now

bought a set of ping clubs, getting used to them the now, does seem a bit easier, finding my approach shots and positioning better, putting is getting better, getting closer with my long puts now

How do you get credits, and is your game running, mine is still not running.

Elephant stones

You can buy them from the drop down menu at the top of the page, $1 for 100. You can also complete some surveys, you don't get much but I've made a few hundred credits from them.

My game's working fine.

ArmiyaRomanova

Four players - one a potential tournament leader (!!) yet to register their Third Round...

AndyMcI77

Kelman13

JambosFan

bigfow

Four players - one a potential tournament leader (!!) yet to register their Third Round...

AndyMcI77

Kelman13

JambosFan

bigfow

For some reason it`s not logging in for me. Just keep getting the message.

error connection reset aaaahhhhhhh. :down:

Just in from work, raring to go and................................the games not working! :angry:

Can't log in.

Will keep trying and hopefully post a score.

ArmiyaRomanova

Game's working fine for me. Might be a way in by finding your own name in the WGT players and clicking there to access?

Game's working fine for me. Might be a way in by finding your own name in the WGT players and clicking there to access?

It's let me log in now.

Must have been temporary glitch.

Its not even letting me load the game.

Just been invited into a free play tournament - random prizes of 500 credits :thumbsup:

+3 through the first 7 holes and double bogey on 15 but rallied with birdies at 9, 14, 16 and 17.

Finished with 71 (+1)

Nerve wracking stuff !! :D

ArmiyaRomanova

THE INAUGURAL KICKBACK OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

With one player failing to register a round (and therefore now out of contention), the Leaderboard going into the last phase of the tourney looks like this...

JKBGolfTourneySpreadTOROUNDTHREEnumbers.jpg

Tense times.

Deviskan?s (205) early lead has narrowed to a mere two strokes, with hiz999 (207) chasing hard and third placed AndyMcI77 (210) still in with a shout of the top spot. These three players are extremely likely to be the final top three.

Behind them are a knot of players contending for 4th/5th/6th positions - JamboBoof (218), c9crew (220) and ayeball (223).

And so we come home to St Andrews for the final round of the tournament.

It?s been a hot summer, so greens are extremely dry and pins have been moved to less damaged parts of the greens. But the weather?s starting to break, and a very blustery day is in prospect. Good luck, everyone....

Round Four is now open for play....

The Old Tolbooth

Thanks for the blustery day, you git :D

Special mention should go to Jambodunks methinks, he shot a first round 86 and is sitting up there in the top 8, way to go mate! :thumbsup:

this game can feck right off..

Honestly.. i don'/t mind the wind I just wish it was consistent.

26mph to the right so i aimed straight for the bunker on the left hit it on the nose perfect and it went in the bunker on the left where I aimed.

Next hole, 26mph to the left.. so I aimed at the right side of the fairway, again hitting it spot on the nose and was rewarded with it being 5 yrds in the left rough... its not fair!

Thats me finished with a hard fought 74.

Thought that might be a decent effort only to finish, look at the leaderboard, and find 2 scores better. :lol:

Congrats to Deviskan and also well done to hiz999 for the great final round scores and finishing top two on the leaderboard. :toasting:

The Old Tolbooth

this game can feck right off..

Honestly.. i don'/t mind the wind I just wish it was consistent.

26mph to the right so i aimed straight for the bunker on the left hit it on the nose perfect and it went in the bunker on the left where I aimed.

Next hole, 26mph to the left.. so I aimed at the right side of the fairway, again hitting it spot on the nose and was rewarded with it being 5 yrds in the left rough... its not fair!

:lol: I feel your pain mate!

I struggled in the wind there and shot an 81, it's probably realistic in the sense that sometimes you can focus on it and play well, and other times you cant, and tonight I struggled to focus on it properly and couldn't get my short game right at all, even my putting was wayward and I thought I'd cracked it, back to the drawing board I think! :wacko:

ArmiyaRomanova

Abysmal 78 for my final round. WTF is it with chipping from the rough around the greens - decent strength shots, hit the metermark - but move three feet and remain in the rough. Had six of those.