13 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Country club challenge on now, so I started a tournament for us to compete in

Can't find it :mw_confused:

Edited by Boof
Poor grammar...

Justin Z
Just now, Boof said:

Cant find it :mw_confused:

If you're in the main WGT site and click the Play Now button on the left to bring up the game window, just go to My Country Club: Country Club vs Country Club Event Ends In 21:53:xx and from there, CC EVENT #110 on the right side.

Boof

On it!

As a by the way - does anybody know how to get rid of that Toptracer shite that prevents me from seeing the green in aerial shot view?

Justin Z
6 minutes ago, Boof said:

On it!

As a by the way - does anybody know how to get rid of that Toptracer shite that prevents me from seeing the green in aerial shot view?

Do you mean the little inset window that shows your last shot? It can be turned off in-game by going to Menu->Options->Display->Scrolling down to Tee Shot Data and setting it to Off. I think. Try that though. Else I used to just manually click the X in the corner to close it out.

Boof
8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Do you mean the little inset window that shows your last shot? It can be turned off in-game by going to Menu->Options->Display->Scrolling down to Tee Shot Data and setting it to Off. I think. Try that though. Else I used to just manually click the X in the corner to close it out.

Yes.

I've been looking for that since...forever! Yes - the manual clicking closed was available but what a pain in the erse to do it every time.

I don't know if you're a WGT legend yet but for that answer alone you're a JKB Golf Game legend :D 

graygo

Had an email today saying that they are missing me and there's a pack of free balls if I sign in.

Signed in - nothing 🙁

Edited by graygo

Boof
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Had an email today saying that they are missing me and there's a pack of free balls if I sign in.

Signed in - nothing 🙁

Maybe an infinite-sized pack of starter balls 😂😂

Can barely get used to those slower greens in the inter-club competitions.

Justin Z
2 hours ago, Boof said:

Maybe an infinite-sized pack of starter balls 😂😂

Can barely get used to those slower greens in the inter-club competitions.

It's weird 'cause in the previous country club tournaments the greens could be as high as 13! No idea why they're 9 this time.

Boof
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

It's weird 'cause in the previous country club tournaments the greens could be as high as 13! No idea why they're 9 this time.

Previous tournaments that I've set up have allowed me to choose tournament or championship greens - or any speed, as far as I can recall.

This seems to be a default setting.

Justin Z
8 hours ago, Boof said:

Previous tournaments that I've set up have allowed me to choose tournament or championship greens - or any speed, as far as I can recall.

This seems to be a default setting.

Yeah WGT always vary the country club clash settings, so I guess this time they just chose green speed of 9 and moderate winds.

When you set them up yourself, yeah, that's sensible that they let you choose. 

Boof

Anyone fancy a quick round?

And by quick I mean less than 20 minutes between shots (for those who can remember my desperately slow internet back in the day :lol: ) - actually, I can finish a round in 20 minutes now.

Justin Z
25 minutes ago, Boof said:

Anyone fancy a quick round?

And by quick I mean less than 20 minutes between shots (for those who can remember my desperately slow internet back in the day :lol: ) - actually, I can finish a round in 20 minutes now.

Actually rage quit this a few weeks ago :lol: Tired of the poor programming, the inconsistencies, the pay-to-win model . . . wish there were an alternative as I do enjoy a good golf game.

Boof
Just now, Justin Z said:

Actually rage quit this a few weeks ago :lol: Tired of the poor programming, the inconsistencies, the pay-to-win model . . . wish there were an alternative as I do enjoy a good golf game.

Aw, man!

It's the only game I'll actually put some £ towards so I justify it to myself on those grounds. And then  it's only about £20 every 3-4 months when I need new balls - now that I've got clubs I'm reasonably happy with.

I just don't bother with pay-to-play tournaments or courses. Wish I could sink a few longer putts though :lol: 

Boof

Anybody played this lately?

If there's better (free) versions available I'd give them a go but quite content with this one.

Cruyff

What are you's playing this on? I'm playing on my phone. I'm still rubbish at it but getting better, it's miles better than golf clash though. If anyone wants a wee game add me Cruyff1874. 👍 

Ray Gin

Love pissing around with Golf Clash when I'm supposed to be working. :D

Sod spending any money on the balls/club upgrades though. Always a seethe when you come up against someone who's splashed cash on pay-to-win-balls giving them mega spin control and yardage. Very pleasing when you beat them though.

Boof
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

What are you's playing this on? I'm playing on my phone. I'm still rubbish at it but getting better, it's miles better than golf clash though. If anyone wants a wee game add me Cruyff1874. 👍 

Laptop or PC. Couldn't even imagine trying it on a phone!

@ArmiyaRomanova is the country club host for invitations.

7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Love pissing around with Golf Clash when I'm supposed to be working. :D

Sod spending any money on the balls/club upgrades though. Always a seethe when you come up against someone who's splashed cash on pay-to-win-balls giving them mega spin control and yardage. Very pleasing when you beat them though.

Never tried Golf Clash.

Free balls and clubs on WGT just made my meter too fast - far too frustrating for me :lol: 

Justin Z
On 20/06/2020 at 05:31, Boof said:

Anybody played this lately?

If there's better (free) versions available I'd give them a go but quite content with this one.

I completely rage quit this a few months ago. Just had enough with it I think, honestly