Golf Game

jamborich

ArmiyaRomanova

No surprise to see the leaders in this have spent loads on their clubs.

It's not what you've got, it's what you do with it. :whistling::o

Is Deviskan even a member here ? blink.gif

Most likely - he/she signed up for WGT on the day we started the club. Too much time on his/her hands. :unsure:

Sergio Garcia

Couldnt be assed with a practice round so now currently on course for the tournament, par at 1 and 2 gave me hope 3 putting at 3 and 4 has left me 3 over. And ive got a cheek to gie wee Sergio some abuse, anyone away to see if i can get a birdie at the Par 5 5th.

Sergio Garcia

Instead of a birdie after being on the green in 2, ended up 4 putting and hitting a bogey. A bit like the Virtual golf the putting aspect is taking the enjoyment out it a wee bit for me.

Sergio Garcia

So my round went

1 Par (EVEN)

2 Par (EVEN)

3 Double Bogey (+2)

4 Bogey (+3)

5 Bogey (+4)

6 Bogey (+5)

7 Par (+5)

8 Bogey (+6)

9 Par (+6)

10 Par (+6)

11 Bogey (+7)

12 Par (+7)

13 Quadruple Bogey (+11)

14 Double Bogey (+13)

15 Double Bogey (+15)

16 Par (+15)

17 Double Bogey (+17)

18 Bogey (+18)

And the sad thing is im pretty good tee to green as well. Quick worried about the safety of my laptop with this game.

Edited by ELVIS_LEGEND

aaarrgghhh, its a frustrating as the real thing, +2 at the turn, thinking here we go level head and might even snatch a few birdies on the back 9, then collapse!!! ended up +9 on 81 :verymad: .....still could have been worse :rolleyes:

Jesus the closest to the hole is heavy going, especially if your ball decides it has an almost magnetic attraction to any any water hazards lying about!!!!!

ArmiyaRomanova

Ladies And Gentlemen....

Kickback Whackabout - The Return

Another unlimited play 24-hour duration skill challenge...

This time with shorter holes and random conditions....

Could be a tight competition.....

And no, I won't be putting up comps at the rate of one a day. This'll be the last until the 4-rounder starting on Sunday evening, so plenty of time to either practice or forget the damn game for a few days...

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Walter Bishop

Ladies And Gentlemen....

Kickback Whackabout - The Return

Another unlimited play 24-hour duration skill challenge...

This time with shorter holes and random conditions....

Could be a tight competition.....

And no, I won't be putting up comps at the rate of one a day. This'll be the last until the 4-rounder starting on Sunday evening, so plenty of time to either practice or forget the damn game for a few days...

Still not been accepted to club or not had an invite!! :whistling:

ArmiyaRomanova

Still not been accepted to club or not had an invite!! :whistling:

Several have been sent you over the last week, and you're still showing up on the member list as 'pending' (i.e. an invitation has been sent out but not taken up).

Some things you might do....

Check your WGT player account for the email address you used to sign up to WGT - there should be email in that email addie inbox.

Someone earlier in the thread was having a similar problem and discovered that their spam filter has been automatically deleting all mails from WGT - so check your spam settings.

other than that, I've no idea...

Walter Bishop

Several have been sent you over the last week, and you're still showing up on the member list as 'pending' (i.e. an invitation has been sent out but not taken up).

Some things you might do....

Check your WGT player account for the email address you used to sign up to WGT - there should be email in that email addie inbox.

Someone earlier in the thread was having a similar problem and discovered that their spam filter has been automatically deleting all mails from WGT - so check your spam settings.

other than that, I've no idea...

cheers. It was being filtered out!! Im in now.

ArmiyaRomanova

Just wondering....

You get player credits when you first sign up for WGT.

Anyone still got these?

What might the reaction be if I charged a credit entry fee (say 10/20 credits) for an upcoming single round tournament, with the top three players splitting all the proceeds?

Sheiky Baby

What might the reaction be if I charged a credit entry fee (say 10/20 credits) for an upcoming single round tournament, with the top three players splitting all the proceeds?

I like it! :thumbsup:

Just wondering....

Anyone still got these?

Great idea but I've spent 20 credits on lovely new shiny golf balls. (Which are now in some water hazard!) :down:

Just wondering....

Anyone still got these?

Amateur only and I think it is a good idea. Pointless if the pros are going to play IMO.

Amateur only and I think it is a good idea. Pointless if the pros are going to play IMO.

seconded.. (will need to make sure I don't become a pro then)

ArmiyaRomanova

Unfortunately there's currently no way to restrict club tournaments to players of one status or another.

So I could set up a tourney and specify in the blurb that it's for Amateurs only - but if a Pro enters anyway, there's nothing I could do to stop them other than knocking them out the club (and even then I don't know if that would result in their also leaving the tournament if they'd paid for entry).

I think the way to go for the moment (WGT will hopefully develop as it grows) is that I set up one tourney with an entry fee - and those who think they have a chance can enter, those that don't - don't.

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Unfortunately there's currently no way to restrict club tournaments to players of one status or another.

So I could set up a tourney and specify in the blurb that it's for Amateurs only - but if a Pro enters anyway, there's nothing I could do to stop them other than knocking them out the club (and even then I don't know if that would result in their also leaving the tournament if they'd paid for entry).

I think the way to go for the moment (WGT will hopefully develop as it grows) is that I set up one tourney with an entry fee - and those who think they have a chance can enter, those that don't - don't.

That would be best I think mate. So I don't think I will bother teehee.gif

I just find it strange that the same guy as won/winning all 3 tournaments so far but he hasn't posted on the thread. blink.gif

That would be best I think mate. So I don't think I will bother teehee.gif

I just find it strange that the same guy as won/winning all 3 tournaments so far but he hasn't posted on the thread. blink.gif

c9crew has been a member of WGT since 9/12/2008.

hiz999 has been a member of WGT since 21/06/2009.

I'd be surprised if either are members of JKB. :verymad:

Might be wrong though. :whistling:

c9crew has been a member of WGT since 9/12/2008.

hiz999 has been a member of WGT since 21/06/2009.

I'd be surprised if either are members of JKB. :verymad:

Might be wrong though. :whistling:

Yup - already posted on the thread - hiz999 !

Happy to be proved wrong mate, apologies to you. :thumbsup:

Not a prob mate.

Try playing Oakmont - makes Bethpage look like a pitch & putt!!!

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd post to confirm that I am indeed a member of JKB and have been for years.

I started a while back on WGT but haven't played properly for ages as my work blocked the sight. I used to play it every lunch time for about 6 months or so. Loved it !!!

The thing that some people dont realise with the game is that I may be playing as a master rather than a pro or an amateur but I'm also playing from tee's that can be sometimes 50 yards further back than the amateur ones. I'm not sure if this apply's to the 'closest to the hole' comps but it certainly is the case for the full rounds.

Apologies if people think I'm a cheat or whatever. I'll stop playing in the competitions if folk are annoyed that I'm there.

Take it easy and have fun with the game. It has to be the most addictive game I've ever played.

C9 Crew

^^

I'd say carry on c9crew - the only way I'm going to improve is to practice and play against folk better than me...though a word of warning - my connection is one hooruva slow and you'll go demented waiting for something to happen.

I'm certainly not annoyed that you - or anyone else - is playing here.

Some hints and tips could be handy for us newbies :whistling:

And, by the way, is there anywhere you can practice putting. just been around St Andrews (again) and the number of putts under 1 foot I'm having to pop in is getting right on my paps.

Edited by Boof

^^

I'd say carry on c9crew - the only way I'm going to improve is to practice and play against folk better than me...though a word of warning - my connection is one hooruva slow and you'll go demented waiting for something to happen.

I'm certainly not annoyed that you - or anyone else - is playing here.

Some hints and tips could be handy for us newbies :whistling:

And, by the way, is there anywhere you can practice putting. just been around St Andrews (again) and the number of putts under 1 foot I'm having to pop in is getting right on my paps.

This..:thumbsup:

No offence meant, frustration boiling over I'm afraid. :whistling:

ArmiyaRomanova

I think we'll find that as we keep playing, more of the club will get Pro status - it seems to arise from number of rounds played and score averaging rather than buying stuff.

I was curious to see what kind of difference buying clubs would make - i.e. how unfair could it make competition in the Kickbackers tournaments.

So I bought a set.

Here's the thing - although I can drive further, as often as not I get into trouble as a result.

I still can't figure out effective pitching from just off the green and anytime I get into that situation it's almost guaranteed that I'll drop at least one shot. Clubs don't help one little bit.

I still ended up short/over-putting with the new putter I bought, eventually going back to the basic starter putter because it's easier to use.

The new clubs have maybe helped me shave off two strokes a round on St Andrews - but this is also the course I've played most, so arguably I'd have improved on it anyway.

Yes, I can play decent shots - but not consistently, and that's the key. One round great, the next abysmal.

The bottom line is, some folk will be better simply because they play more, swanky club sets or no swanky club sets. Just like real golf.

FWIW, I reckon the best and cheapest way of raising your game is probably to buy the balls that increase the effect of top & back spin.

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

My link

This has some good tips for putting.

Double cheers for that - been a big help.

74 at St A which included a triple bogey and double bogey.

Infuriatingly I had 5 or 6 putts of under a foot to finish off a hole.

6 - 3

7 - 3

8 - 3

9 - 2

10 - 3

was quite a pleasing run...didn't last, though :lol:

joined my first 4 ball.. it has taken an hour to play 5 holes.. I am raging..

Was level after the 6th hole and leading.... had to give up.. duty calls! Must pick the misses up from the pub!

ArmiyaRomanova

KICKBACK WHACKABOUT - THE RETURN - CHALLENGE RESULTS

Here's the top ten results of the second challenge game (which ended before the first).

1 hiz999 198.42 PRO

2 Deviskan 200.46 PRO

3 c9crew 240.20 MASTER

4 Bigsmak 244.14 AM

5 AndyMcI77 250.83 AM

6 jambodunks 362.28 AM

7 graygo 370.42 AM

8 ayeball 373.20 PRO

9 JackHearts 418.16 HACK

10 Roscoe1874 429.21 AM

Unsurprisingly, Pro and above occupy the top three spots.

Congrats to hiz999 for winning whatever the top prize was :thumbsup:, and to he/she and Deviskan for seeing off the challenge of a Master player.

Shouts for Bigsmak and AndyMcI77, the leading Amateur players, for being not too far off the chase.

Also a mention for JackHearts, the only Hack player to feature in the top ten.

And just to prove that there's not that big a gap between Amateur and Pro, I got thumped by four of the former!

Cheers AR - good work :thumbsup:

I haven't tried a multi-player game yet, but not impressed by Bigsmak's experience. At least on your own you can have a break whenever you like (also known as going to the fridge for another beer). Lovin' the game though :)

Cheers AR - good work :thumbsup:

I haven't tried a multi-player game yet, but not impressed by Bigsmak's experience. At least on your own you can have a break whenever you like (also known as going to the fridge for another beer). Lovin' the game though :)

2 of the guys were drunk though!

Would like a 2 player game!

Not keen on Oakmont.

Bunkers look so artificial and the greens are just ridiculous for their undulations.

Longest putt...4.3 ft :angry:

Can someone send me an invite for the next tournament?

Paulc99

Just played Kiawah in the single play tournament and hit 71

ArmiyaRomanova

Can someone send me an invite for the next tournament?

Paulc99

Just played Kiawah in the single play tournament and hit 71

Invite sent. :thumbsup: