Golf Game

jamborich

I started a closest to the hole tourney as well to help us improve our approach skills!

bahhhhhhh

318 first time round

arggghhhhhhh

was doing well until the last 3 holes, bogey, bogey, triple bogey ended up going round on 76, was hoping to go round in par

portobellojambo1

bahhhhhhh

318 first time round

I've been having a few goes at the 9 hole closest to the hole challenge that was set up, with varying degrees of crapness. However, I just completed my worst score for all 9, which included my first "Ace" since starting playing. Heading back for another go before the football comes on Sky.

Edited by portobellojambo1

ArmiyaRomanova

So, that third hole from the rough on the closest-to-the-hole challenge.

What gives there? No matter what club I use I can't get the ball to stop on the green.

The trick is to...........

ArmiyaRomanova

Just over an hour left to play in Round Three, and the following players have still to register a score....

hiz999

Chris1874

Roscoe1874

graygo

bigfow

lionheartf

jammykev

ArmiyaRomanova

Kickbackers St Andrews Marathon - Round 3

LEADERBOARD

JKB-StAMR3.jpg

Well done to hiz999, who hangs on to his place as tournament leader - but only a single stroke behind him, and the only player to register three sub-70 rounds, is ElephantStones. Well done!

Most improved player appears to be JambosFan, who was 16th at the end of the 3rd round in the last tournament, and now occupies 10th place. Good work!

Sadly, three well-placed players - Chris1874, gavinh1 and graygo - all failed to register rounds.

So, we move into the final round with, realistically, five players in contention for the top spot.....

hiz999

ElephantStones

sosweb

Bigsmak

Deviskan

Good luck to everyone in the final round - which is open for play now, with, as usual, 48 hours to register a score.

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Played my final round.

Had a great start by putting my 2nd shot at the first hole in the water then 3 putted. Triple bogey!

Bogey at the 2nd and double bogeys at 13 and 15. Really struggled with the green speed.

Managed to birdie 8 and 9 and an eagle at 5.

Final score 74.

Played my final round.

Had a great start by putting my 2nd shot at the first hole in the water then 3 putted. Triple bogey!

Bogey at the 2nd and double bogeys at 13 and 15. Really struggled with the green speed.

Managed to birdie 8 and 9 and an eagle at 5.

Final score 74.

Edit - Final score 76!.

Kickbackers St Andrews Marathon - Round 3

LEADERBOARD

JKB-StAMR3.jpg

Well done to hiz999, who hangs on to his place as tournament leader - but only a single stroke behind him, and the only player to register three sub-70 rounds, is ElephantStones. Well done!

Most improved player appears to be JambosFan, who was 16th at the end of the 3rd round in the last tournament, and now occupies 10th place. Good work!

Sadly, three well-placed players - Chris1874, gavinh1 and graygo - all failed to register rounds.

So, we move into the final round with, realistically, five players in contention for the top spot.....

hiz999

ElephantStones

sosweb

Bigsmak

Deviskan

Good luck to everyone in the final round - which is open for play now, with, as usual, 48 hours to register a score.

Sorry guys, visitors up from Somerset and the missus's birthday party meant that I couldn't take part. Good luck to everyone still playing. :thumbsup:

Walter Bishop

Just had to withdraw after 7 holes of 4th round +12 par!! My swing meter is fecked, i have wnet from shooting low 70`s to 90`s!!!!

Anyone know how to sort this?

the greens are a pain this round, my putting is well off, don't know how many times i just clip the edge of the hole to keep on going.

just done the front 9 and sitting 8+.

one of these days im going to go round in par

Just had to withdraw after 7 holes of 4th round +12 par!! My swing meter is fecked, i have wnet from shooting low 70`s to 90`s!!!!

Anyone know how to sort this?

Have you tried the 'practice stroke' method?

Just set up your shot as normal, let the meter start to go down then leave it alone. You'll get a 'swish' sound but then another go at the shot.

Then just do it as normal.

Might work, might not, but if it does you'll be considerably less frustrated

:thumbsup:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

A final round of 87. Thought it was terrible but looking at the other scores it was not too bad. A quadruple bogey on the last was very annoying.

Mark_Mywords

Have you tried the 'practice stroke' method?

Just set up your shot as normal, let the meter start to go down then leave it alone. You'll get a 'swish' sound but then another go at the shot.

Then just do it as normal.

Might work, might not, but if it does you'll be considerably less frustrated

:thumbsup:

That helps for me. Holding the button at the top of the back swing for a second or two also helps.

No wonder it takes hours for you to complete a round with all those practice shots! :P

21 putts to the turn.. 4 over!

5 putted 17!

Bum

83... sitting in 3rd and confused about life, the universe and everything... That was hard - 42 putts made... that is about 10 to many! ,,,, 5 times i 3 putted or more... that sucks!

Hit a 19 ft uphill putt on the 17th, my meter suggested I was hitting a 10 ft putt and it went about 10 ft past! ... bloody hell!

Edited by Bigsmak

Mark_Mywords

Got myself a shiny new box of golf balls. Lost one at the first in the water. Dropped 2 at the first. :ermm:

Finished on a 74. Not easy.

Edited by Mark_Mywords

ArmiyaRomanova

Nightmare - was on course to just pip Bigmsak for possible 3rd place - and then finished bogey, bogey, double bogey.

Is there a place you can go to smash virtual wedges?

The Old Tolbooth

I was popping along quite nicely at one over par after starting the back nine with three consecutive threes, and then I hit a feckin 9 at the fecking 13th!! :(

I lost interest after that and just whacked balls any old place and ended up with an 81, bummer!

ArmiyaRomanova

Thanks v.much.

Just hit a 43 on the 1st nine at St Andrews in practice. Is that ok for a 1st go?

I'd say that's very fine for a first go - now try the tournament conditions. :lol:

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

ArmiyaRomanova

The round (and tourney) ends around 8pm Monday evening, and the following players are still to tee off...

ElephantStones

wilsonjambo

JamboBoof

Roscoe1874

firestation

portobellojambo1

bigfow

lionheartf

jammykev

In a bizarre turn of events, tournament leader hiz999 has withdrawn from the round, leaving sosweb as the current front runner.

ElephantStones, who's closest to sosweb and is yet to play, needs to shoot a 76 or less to snatch the tourney lead. He's shot 66/69/69/ so far, but we all know what the greens have been up to this time out.

Pressure? :whistling:

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Think I was nearly 10 shots better in round 4 than I was in 3. Should have been so much better, left myself monster putts too often, resulting in a couple of 4-putts

Walter Bishop

Just set up a 48hr tourney, 10 credit entry fee with prize money to top 10.

Bethpage black in near impossible conditions!!!

(hope this ok?)

Edited by jamiej29

Walter Bishop

(hope this ok?)

(hope this ok?)

frigging hard course, managed 2 par's. the rest well i scored over 100

Anyone interested in a taylormade r7 quad. looking for ?90 its a soft flex, i have fast swing so think im suited to a stiffer shaft lol :P

(hope this ok?)

Quite enjoyed that, shot a 91 was on course for a 80-85 round but completely messed up 2 holes, 1 of them i was 2 yards away from the green, and it took me 3 shots to get onto the green.

I also rimmed 6 putts for par, gutted. Had the potential to be a really ok round :ermm:

Mark_Mywords

(hope this ok?)

Nice one. Very very very very difficult!

On one 14 foot putt I accidentally changed the putting range to 150 feet. The putt went further than my approach shot. :o

ArmiyaRomanova

(hope this ok?)

That is an absolute 'mare of a comp.

5 double bogeys and 9 bogeys for me, lucky to break 90. Ouch.

Its a hard one... I managed to hole a few putts on the back nine and walked away with a cheeky 78. Stupid double bogey, 2 putting from under 10 feet and not being able to reach the par 4s in 2 because of the length and the wind...

Still sitting first now!

The round (and tourney) ends around 8pm Monday evening, and the following players are still to tee off...

Buggeration!!

Got up at 7am to finish off the final few holes and WGT told me there was a problem somewhere and cut me off.

And there I was sitting 11 under par...

...okay, somewhere from 2 to 5 over - can't remember exactly.:lol:

ArmiyaRomanova

ST ANDREWS MARATHON

As mentioned earlier, leader at the end of the third round hiz999 withdrew from the final round, leaving sosweb as the front runner.

ElephantStones was closest to sosweb, and needed to hand in a 76 or less to snatch the tourney lead.

He shot 77. :o

So, we have a tie for the lead, ElephantStones and sosweb on 281 strokes apiece. :thumbsup:

In the world of golf, though, that apparently simply won't do..... :down:

More on that further down this post.

Here's the

LEADERBOARD

JKB-StAMFINAL.jpg

Only 14 players finished a tournament that had a couple of really tough rounds in it. Well done to those who persevered - and particularly well done to the four Amateur players who stayed the distance -

GavsyVanGaverson

robbodog

Dave243

portobellojambo1

But we need a tiebreak. WGT isn't that great for sudden-death playoffs, so...

I've set up a new Tiebreak Round specifically for ElephantStones and sosweb (though anyone else who wants to play it is welcome to do so).

NINE holes (the more tricky back 9) of St Andrews, with the easiest conditions possible.

ElephantStones and sosweb, you have 48 hours to register your playoff round - and the very best of luck to you both!

The Old Tolbooth

Is there a way we could do a wee league system with handicapping? By handicapping I don't mean that if PJ1 is whipping me silly that I kneecap him :whistling:

I've not got the know how to organise these things but I just thought that we could have an official handicap league thing, or tourney thing just like a golf club, whereby your handicap is cut according to your official rating, or something along those lines.

The reason I thought of that is because Jamie29 organised a tournament which cost 10 credits to enter today, and the reason I didn't enter the competition is that my 10 bucks would be no more than a contribution, so thought that we should/could come up with a way to make it an open field whereby anyone could win it, although not sure how the credits could be distributed to someone who won the comp with a larger handicap as the system probably wont allow it.

Any ideas?

I did wonder about this as well, John. As you say - based on the ranking you've got from the game.

The only way I could see it working is if the scratch winner agrees to gift the credits to the handicap winner. And if that's not possible, they could gift balls or something to the equivalent of the winnings. Maybe a natty pair of plus fours...:D

In case that's not totally clear - WGT will assume the lowest score is the winner and presumably heave the credits in that direction. Unless there is the capability to take rankings into account...?

We'd just have to trust comp winner to gift whatever the real winner desires.

ArmiyaRomanova

I've been thinking about this as well, and was guddling around on the WGT forums a couple of weeks ago -where I'm sure I saw something about WGT being about to introduce handicapping - but that could be months away.

For the meantime, if someone can come up with an easy-to-follow, easy-to-organise method of handicapping our tourneys I'm all for it.

Suggestions?

The Old Tolbooth

Boof, I'd look rather fetching in a natty pair of plus fours :D

I reckon a maximum handicap of 20 or something could be introduced, with players on averages of under par on a minus to level things up, just like they would be in a real golf club so to speak. The handicaps should be published before the start of the tournaments and posted on here, and then we bash our balls to our hearts content. :thumbsup:

For instance, my current score is 77.72, and if the par was 72 for a course, then my handicap would be 6, however if my score came down to 77.49, then my handicap should be 5, and if someone's average score is 67 then they would be on -5, and so on, does that make sense or am I talking pish :wacko: