Golf Game

jamborich

The Old Tolbooth

Shot a 77 there and had a wretched 7 at the 7th, too many 7's in there!

I enjoyed that round, really had to think about what I was doing and I found the key was getting the ball on the fairways when driving for a change, I actually think a strong wind helps me :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

Shot a 77 there and had a wretched 7 at the 7th, too many 7's in there!

I enjoyed that round, really had to think about what I was doing and I found the key was getting the ball on the fairways when driving for a change, I actually think a strong wind helps me :thumbsup:

That's to do with the amount of curry you eat.

The 7th is going cost me a lap top as its very close to being thrown out of the window!!

You really need to get a better driver.. Makes it an easy birdie hole if you hit it 30 yrd further off the tee

You really need to get a better driver.. Makes it an easy birdie hole if you hit it 30 yrd further off the tee

What i've been doing is driving to the far left fairway with a three wood and coming in from the left.

Crazy shots but intertaining if it comes off!

just had a quick look and it seems im the only player that has improved from the first round.

bad conditions and i take 1 less shot to go round

just had a quick look and it seems im the only player that has improved from the first round.

bad conditions and i take 1 less shot to go round

Me too. :thumbsup:

ArmiyaRomanova

There're currently 5 players who've lodged better scores than the last round.

jambopompey

gavinh1

graygo

etrain82

robbodog

etrain82 and robbodog by three strokes! :thumbsup:

ArmiyaRomanova

Still a day to go for this round.

The following players yet to register scores

ElephantStones

AndyMcI77

Tamland

Kelman13

weebaws

Lovecraft

SirJimMitchell

derekmcqueen

gorgiecoco

Mark_Mywords

Not sure about others, but I think the fast greens are easier than the slow greens. The number of times the ball stopped short was frustrating.

There're currently 5 players who've lodged better scores than the last round.

jambopompey

gavinh1

graygo

etrain82

robbodog

etrain82 and robbodog by three strokes! :thumbsup:

i did say i had a quick look

Got round in 77.

Not too bad but gutted that i managed to triple bogey the par 3 11th. :down:

I think i only holed 1 putt over 6 feet!

ArmiyaRomanova

Anybody found a putter that's actually better than the starter putter?

I've tried a couple, but even using balls that are supposed to slow the meter speed slightly, I can't find anything that's as easy to use and as accurate as the starter putter.

I P Knightley

Having my first pop at a KB tournament.

Don't like 30mph winds - they're not predictable.

Don't like fast greens - 3 stabs on the second (my last few rounds have avoided any and my second one here was from a couple of feet) & then a 20ft uphill putt that only went 10 with half power.

Still, 2 over after 3. I'll see you in the clubhouse.

79 for me. Horrible out, bit prettier in :thumbsup:

I realise I didn't post a score for round 1, so don't include me in the tournament or I'll be 70 in front already :teehee:

Since the official golf geeks thread has been running for months and months and still has way less posts than this thread, can we be a sticky too please mods :P

I P Knightley

Well that's that done.

41 putts overall - previous round at St A's was 31. Included a 4 stab :(

2 OOBs in the last 2 holes (very careless coming up 18, overshooting the green - probably wrong club)

Nice playing with you guys. See you for the next one.

ArmiyaRomanova

Still to play, with the round closing this evening....

Tamland

weebaws

Lovecraft

SirJimMitchell

derekmcqueen

gorgiecoco

Anybody found a putter that's actually better than the starter putter?

I've tried a couple, but even using balls that are supposed to slow the meter speed slightly, I can't find anything that's as easy to use and as accurate as the starter putter.

i have found the spider putter has improved my putting, the grading of 25ft, 50ft and 100ft has made it easier judging the power.

still have the odd 5 puts on some courses

ArmiyaRomanova

Round Two of the St Andrews Marathon closed earlier this evening.

Leaderboard

JKB-StAMR2.jpg

Bit blustery out there, wasn't it.

At the top of the field, hiz999 has broken away from Deviskan, who's now 3 strokes behind.

Congratulations and !incredible tekkers! nods to

jambopompey

gavinh1

graygo

etrain82

robbodog

who, despite the appalling conditions, actually bettered their first round scores - in etrain82 and robbodog?s cases by a full 3 strokes! Great play!

On average, players dropped 6 strokes on the last round.

But the biggest disappointments were ayeball (me :ninja:) and Dave243, both registering scores 15 strokes higher than the last round. Ouch.

7 players withdrew from the tourney at this point, leaving 27 in contention as we move into Round Three...

Which is ready for play now....

Good luck everyone!

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

ArmiyaRomanova

i have found the spider putter has improved my putting, the grading of 25ft, 50ft and 100ft has made it easier judging the power.

I tried the spider putter but found it a tad 'heavy', and too unforgiving. The first grading increment (25) seemed to high to be accurate with. After three fails at breaking 75 on StA with it, I ditched it. Maybe I should have tried harder.

Now trying to get to grips with the Redwood, which, although the meter is fast, has grading increments that run 15/30/45/90/150, and seems very forgiving of minor slips. Not that it's really improving my game. :verymad:

The Old Tolbooth

Gutted!

I was level par at the turn and finished with a 79, I had a feckin holocaust back nine! :verymad:

Stupid game anyway :Bazooka:

:D

Gutted, only had 2 holes to go and missed the deadline for round 2. THink i was heading for about an 80.

Just had a shocker on the 3rd round, too many Paris Hiltons (one of which was a 10).

Shot a 76 but could have been a whole lot better.Two double bogeys!

I fear the good players will have a field day this round and i'm prepared to plummet doon the leaderboard. :ermm:

But the biggest disappointments were ayeball (me :ninja:) and Dave243, both registering scores 15 strokes higher than the last round. Ouch.

That just means we can make the biggest improvements in the next round :thumbsup:

3rd round 74. A total rollercoaster.

Some birdies and an Eagle, some bogeys a couple of double bogeys.

Double bogey at the par 3 11th means that hole has cost me 5 shots in the last 2 rounds! :verymad:

Edited by AndyMcI

Completely messed that up, 1 under for the front 9. Completely messed up the back 9 though and finished with an 82 :( tripled bogied the 13th, 17th and 18th and bogies on a few others.

Damn you fescue :whistling:

Walter Bishop

Can i restart my round by default? :whistling::thumbsup: I had a dodgy swingmeter that stuttered along and was impossible to stop, +5 after 3 holes and have packed in my round because of it!!! :down:

Cheeky wee 68 in, leading in the clubhouse... 2 bad bogeys and a left about 5 putts a couple inches short... Could have been so much better!

O well

Walter Bishop

Can i restart my round by default? :whistling::thumbsup: I had a dodgy swingmeter that stuttered along and was impossible to stop, +5 after 3 holes and have packed in my round because of it!!! :down:

Now +10 after eight!!! not fair!!

The Old Tolbooth

Completely messed that up, 1 under for the front 9. Completely messed up the back 9 though and finished with an 82 :( tripled bogied the 13th, 17th and 18th and bogies on a few others.

Damn you fescue :whistling:

I feel better now that someone had a worse back 9 than I did :D

I feel better now that someone had a worse back 9 than I did :D

I got a bit cocky in the 2nd 9, kind of thought i was in for a possible under par (or at least par) round, how wrong was i :lol:

Maybe one day i will finish on a par round.

Walter Bishop

well a 3rd round 90 for me! Swing meter was fecked and as there is no turning back once you start it was like playing blind!!!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Just finished my 3rd round. I was -1 after 16 holes and finished DB, DB for a 75.

Absolutely ******* gutted.

3rd round.

Hit my tee shot at the 1st just before 9pm.

Still waiting to hit the second shot...

And just popped in the last sub-3-footer for another par at the last.

Level over the 18 - 5,5,5 at 10,11,12 didn't help much though I had time to build a few sandcastles waiting for the next shot to load. Eagle on 14 was pleasing.

Putting wasn't on those effing slow greens.

well a 3rd round 90 for me! Swing meter was fecked and as there is no turning back once you start it was like playing blind!!!

If the swing meter is working shite, try setting up your shot as normal, let the meter start but DON'T click. That gives you a 'practice' swing.

Then, maybe (just maybe, mind) the meter will work a bit more sense second time around.

Maybe not but worth a try.

If the swing meter is working shite, try setting up your shot as normal, let the meter start but DON'T click. That gives you a 'practice' swing.

Then, maybe (just maybe, mind) the meter will work a bit more sense second time around.

Maybe not but worth a try.

I've been doing this when its giving me jip.. It seems that the second time its fine

I have started playing the other tourneys as well, get used to the courses and clubs.

Bought a redwood putter, will have a few practice rounds and see if its any better.

Shame there is not a putting practice part of the game, I seem to be ok when imy approach shots are closish (under 10ft) but over that I seem to mess up big style, even attempting a shot to get close goes adrift

I started a closest to the hole tourney as well to help us improve our approach skills!

Close at the top of the leaderboard (so far) ;)

Close at the top of the leaderboard (so far) ;)

Nice score - I got my first hole in 1 as well... bugger.. will need to play again

Bloody Hell - Can only mess this up now... 4 holes played - Total feet - 18.45 holy smoke.. have another hole in 1 - 10ft,. 7.5ft and .69 ft away! .... Woot,

Round Two of the St Andrews Marathon closed earlier this evening.

Leaderboard

JKB-StAMR2.jpg

Bit blustery out there, wasn't it.

At the top of the field, hiz999 has broken away from Deviskan, who's now 3 strokes behind.

Congratulations and !incredible tekkers! nods to

jambopompey

gavinh1

graygo

etrain82

robbodog

who, despite the appalling conditions, actually bettered their first round scores - in etrain82 and robbodog?s cases by a full 3 strokes! Great play!

On average, players dropped 6 strokes on the last round.

7 players withdrew from the tourney at this point, leaving 27 in contention as we move into Round Three...

Which is ready for play now....

Good luck everyone!

When does this need to be completed?

Choked on the last green and left myself - 24ft away...

but - total of 77.85ft.. beat that girls!

10.22 - 0 - 7.54 - 0.69 - 7.65 - 3.01 - 15.38 - 8.63 - 24.73 = 77.85

Well chuffed,, won some good awards but needed the last to be under 20ft to get the top one!

Edited by Bigsmak

ArmiyaRomanova

When does this need to be completed?

48 hours to play - so early Saturday evening's the deadline.

You'd have thought that as long as you start playing before the deadline, the game would let you finish - but apparently it just cuts you off mid-game as soon as the deadline arrives.

Stupid game, i was on course for a sub par round for the first time with only a few holes left. I blew it and finished +2. Still my best round though.