Mafia:The goon who groped me.

Maximus

If I was Mafia, Panda would've been pushing up the bamboo shoots after night 1 :D

We all knew his role - I actually think the mafia have been playing a none-too-brilliant game so far, though by not killing Panda they've clearly been hoping that I'll get lynched...well tough luck guys/gals - it hasn't worked.

If Panda can come back with a definitive response on yvonne I'll happily vote for her, though I still harbour the feeling that she's a good 'un.

We've now got a wee bit of breathing space with only two goons and a now-impotent professor (isn't that right?) and still plenty of good roles left we should be able to hunt out the bad guys.

For me, the only person I trust is Sweeney.

I guess they may have been scared to go for Panda on the first 2 nights as he was getting protected. I thought he was the cop as soon as he changed his name, but at the time thought it was maybe too obvious to be true...apparently not!

I am tempted to unvote you as your posting has seemed genuine and I think Das Root and DDLN have looked dodgier. Obviously it's a risk to disregard some info from the cop, but we have a big lead in this game, so I am tempted to put it to the back burner just in case you are right about Acey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get what you mean?

Because everyone had associated you and Chris, the death of one who was innocent (or roled in Chris's case) would have led the townies to immediately turn on the other. That would guarantee the goons an easy day's lynch of another innocent.

I just don't see why the goons would have kept you and Chris alive, if neither of you were goons.

My reasoning earlier that it could be because they knew Chris would be protected wouldn't work, cos if they knew you were innocent, they would murder you then Chris would not be trusted and lynched.

Ryan Gosling
I guess they may have been scared to go for Panda on the first 2 nights as he was getting protected. I thought he was the cop as soon as he changed his name, but at the time thought it was maybe too obvious to be true...apparently not!

I am tempted to unvote you as your posting has seemed genuine and I think Das Root and DDLN have looked dodgier. Obviously it's a risk to disregard some info from the cop, but we have a big lead in this game, so I am tempted to put it to the back burner just in case you are right about Acey

ironically that had nothing to do with it.

i investigated boof, it said he was guilty - that's all i could go on.

ironically that had nothing to do with it.

I thought that seemed too obvious a hint so disregarded it at the start! But then when you kept giving good info I thought it must have been a clue

Because everyone had associated you and Chris, the death of one who was innocent (or roled in Chris's case) would have led the townies to immediately turn on the other. That would guarantee the goons an easy day's lynch of another innocent.

I just don't see why the goons would have kept you and Chris alive, if neither of you were goons.

My reasoning earlier that it could be because they knew Chris would be protected wouldn't work, cos if they knew you were innocent, they would murder you then Chris would not be trusted and lynched.

Okay, I can see your reasoning.

Maybe they've been keeping me alive as an insurance policy so that, if Panda is believed then they know (or at least hope) I'll be lynched as soon as possible afterwards.

Now that they're only down to two desperation will be creeping in and they'll be trying all they can to get rid of townies however they can. I guess they're hoping for a quick lynch (of me) so that they can get rid of two townies in quick succession.

The only drawback (from their point of view) is that I haven't got a role so they'll only be getting rid of a plain ol' townie.

In fact I'd almost be willing to take the hit for the town but I'd prefer to stay alive as I do feel I'm actually contributing something to the game - maybe if it gets critical later I'll happily offer myself to the lynch mob (well, not all that happily, but you know what I mean).

In the meantime, Panda has said for us to vote yvonne then he changed it (correctly) to Flux.

I think this was after Acey copped it so he couldn't have been making yvonne look guilty - was this just an example of Panda playing silly buggers or was there some substance to it?

Ryan Gosling

Maybe they've been keeping me alive as an insurance policy so that, if Panda is believed then they know (or at least hope) I'll be lynched as soon as possible afterwards.

Now that they're only down to two desperation will be creeping in and they'll be trying all they can to get rid of townies however they can. I guess they're hoping for a quick lynch (of me) so that they can get rid of two townies in quick succession.

The only drawback (from their point of view) is that I haven't got a role so they'll only be getting rid of a plain ol' townie.

In fact I'd almost be willing to take the hit for the town but I'd prefer to stay alive as I do feel I'm actually contributing something to the game - maybe if it gets critical later I'll happily offer myself to the lynch mob (well, not all that happily, but you know what I mean).

In the meantime, Panda has said for us to vote yvonne then he changed it (correctly) to Flux.

I think this was after Acey copped it so he couldn't have been making yvonne look guilty - was this just an example of Panda playing silly buggers or was there some substance to it?

I already told you why I voted for yvonne. She made a dodgy post and Maxi had restarted the game without telling me my investigation result.

Sorry - I must've missed it.

So, yvonne's non-bad as well then- unless she's infected?

It's for that reason I don't really want to lynch you yet! You have been throwing in some good ideas and arguments.

UNVOTE BOOF

I can't really work out why you and Panda were left alive so long, but for now I will give you the benefit of the doubt

VOTE DAS ROOT

Ryan Gosling

why do you keep twisting my words?

i never said she was non-bad.

there are 2 people on my list right now, and i'm not sure who is the most dodgy, but since boof is gathering votes, and he IS one of my suspects, i'm gonna go with it

vote boof

yvonne is always on my list too, but has had a pretty quiet game this time around by comparison, so i'm slightly thrown by that.

gonna stick with boof, but will change my vote to yvonne if someone can give me good reason to

Boaby Ewing

I don't see why you're still considering me to be dodgy Rossi. I voted for Flux relativly early on and my other votes have either been following the Panda, or just random as I didn't have a scoobie to begin with.

By the way, I still don't get what's the deal with this infection carry-on.

The professor has used up both doses of it (I think) and Harris getting bumped off stopped the spread of one strain, but I presume there's still another strain on the go?

Is it just the most recent infectee who spreads it?

And what happens with it anyway?

As far as I know I've not been infected - I presume Willy tells those who've got it?

I read it as Panda investigated her last night, but as he got murdered never got told the results

I think the infection thing should be ignored, as we have made such a good start that we can end this game way before we are in any danger of being outnumbered by the infected

Also since we don't know anything about if the infected folk know they are infected, or if they can communicate with each other. They probably will be able to when they mutate into zombies, but until then we will have no clues.

Although if the infected don't know they are, how do they spread it :confused:

Boaby Ewing

Vote: Boof

As his reasoning for Chris_/Panda's finger pointing seems pretty weak.

boof, when commander was killed, he turned out to be infected, but didn't know judging on his posts, so i'm guessing it may be the case that any one of us could have it and not know.

Ryan Gosling
I read it as Panda investigated her last night, but as he got murdered never got told the results

I didn't investigate yvonne.

I voted for her when I was waiting for flux's results, and last 'night' she wasn't the person I chose.

why do you keep twisting my words?

i never said she was non-bad.

Okay, I made the assumption that she must've been un-bad since you changed your vote from her to flux and he did turn out to be bad.

That's not quite twisting your words, simply interpreting them in a way that you maybe didn't mean.

I don't see why you're still considering me to be dodgy Rossi. I voted for Flux relativly early on and my other votes have either been following the Panda, or just random as I didn't have a scoobie to begin with.

It was your insistance that Boof should be lynched. Seemed like a bad'un trying to initiate the lynch so Chris could be taken out

I don't have a spreadshett of votes, and won't be able to do it tomorrow as I have an essay to do, but will make one up on Monday so I can see if there are any voting patterns

Ryan Gosling
Okay, I made the assumption that she must've been un-bad since you changed your vote from her to flux and he did turn out to be bad.

That's not quite twisting your words, simply interpreting them in a way that you maybe didn't mean.

No, i changed my vote when I got told flux was definitely guilty.

Boaby Ewing
It was your insistance that Boof should be lynched. Seemed like a bad'un trying to initiate the lynch so Chris could be taken out

I don't have a spreadshett of votes, and won't be able to do it tomorrow as I have an essay to do, but will make one up on Monday so I can see if there are any voting patterns

I wouldn't say I was insistent, I just said we should go after either panda or Boof as it was all we had to go on (prior to SHP dropping more solid hints as to his role).

I said at the time I'd be happy to go after either.

As Panda/Chris_ handed us Flux on a plate (and was right) it seems sensible to off Boof now, as the odds that Acey picked him on the same night Panda/Chris_ chose to investigate him seem pretty slim.

But if someone can come up with a more convincing argument, I'm happy to go with that.

there are 2 people on my list right now, and i'm not sure who is the most dodgy, but since boof is gathering votes, and he IS one of my suspects, i'm gonna go with it

vote boof

yvonne is always on my list too, but has had a pretty quiet game this time around by comparison, so i'm slightly thrown by that.

gonna stick with boof, but will change my vote to yvonne if someone can give me good reason to

Oh, Beverley's joined us.

And seems to be taking the game a bit more seriously.

Starting to sweat a bit?

Or was the Beverley/Flux smut-fest him trying to implicate you in dodginess?

Panda has said he voted for flux when he was told he was definitely guilty - I've given the only plausible explanation for him thinking I'm also guilty.

Other than me actually being guilty - and, as I've repeatedly told you...I'm bloody NOT.

There's really nothing more I can say - you'll only find out the truth if you lynch me (or the mafia pop my clogs for me, which is looking increasingly likely as I'm trying to root 'em out) and the town could probably stand losing

a couple of townies but they might strike it lucky in their night hit and get a really good guy.

If you want to lynch me, go for it...all I'd suggest is wait till nearer the deadline (if Willy sets one) - that way we might get a few more clues as to who might be the really bad 'uns in the valley.

the odds that Acey picked him seem pretty slim.

Dave....is that you getting all mathematical on us???

Tsk, tsk ;)

Boaby Ewing
Dave....is that you getting all mathematical on us???

Tsk, tsk ;)

Heh, hence my fudging of 'seems pretty slim'. I understand maths, I just can't calculate it.

20 odd players.

Several with roles.

A few investigating/selecting players on both sides.

Odds of them picking the same person.

Slim to none.

Who needs figures? :P

nothing to sweat about boof. not being any more or less serious than the rest of the game, but it is getting closer now, and we have a bit of momentum in getting the bad guys.

you'll notice i've not been around too much this last day or so, cos i've been busty with stuff.

chris implicated you from very early on, yvonne is always on my dodgy list as i am on hers.

i have no role, no powers, and (to my knowledge at least) not infected with anything, so nothing to hide here.

like i said before, if someone can give me good reason to change my vote, i will

as it stands, you're the one looking as though you're sweating deary, not me

Odds on Chris investigating me = 1.000

Acey knowing Chris is the cop = probably pretty near 1.000

Therefore odds of me looking guilty = also pretty near 1.000

Methinks it's you that needs the figures :)

Ryan Gosling
Oh, Beverley's joined us.

And seems to be taking the game a bit more seriously.

Starting to sweat a bit?

Or was the Beverley/Flux smut-fest him trying to implicate you in dodginess?

Panda has said he voted for flux when he was told he was definitely guilty - I've given the only plausible explanation for him thinking I'm also guilty.

Other than me actually being guilty - and, as I've repeatedly told you...I'm bloody NOT.

There's really nothing more I can say - you'll only find out the truth if you lynch me (or the mafia pop my clogs for me, which is looking increasingly likely as I'm trying to root 'em out) and the town could probably stand losing

a couple of townies but they might strike it lucky in their night hit and get a really good guy.

If you want to lynch me, go for it...all I'd suggest is wait till nearer the deadline (if Willy sets one) - that way we might get a few more clues as to who might be the really bad 'uns in the valley.

you're saying the only plausible explanation for your investigation being guilty is that someone tricked me?

nonsense - no one knows you're innocent, they know the cop has been told you're guilty.

Ryan Gosling

How could Acey know I was the cop on the first night when I'd given no idea about being in that role, and he couldn't investigate me through the mafia THEN pick you by chance that I'd investigate you?

nothing to sweat about boof. not being any more or less serious than the rest of the game, but it is getting closer now, and we have a bit of momentum in getting the bad guys.

you'll notice i've not been around too much this last day or so, cos i've been busty:P:p:p with stuff.

chris implicated you from very early on, yvonne is always on my dodgy list as i am on hers.

i have no role, no powers, and (to my knowledge at least) not infected with anything, so nothing to hide here.

like i said before, if someone can give me good reason to change my vote, i will

as it stands, you're the one looking as though you're sweating deary, not me

Well, if the town are gonna lynch one of their own (unless any goons have already voted for me) I've every right to be sweating.

However you ARE playing it just a wee bit more cagily. I'll be watching (still).

Well, if the town are gonna lynch one of their own (unless any goons have already voted for me) I've every right to be sweating.

However you ARE playing it just a wee bit more cagily. I'll be watching (still).

keep watching then, you never know what i may reveal ;););)

*wanders off, flashing a bit of thigh*

Boaby Ewing

Why would Acey know Chris is the cop?

Odds on Chris investigating you are equal to the number of frequent/decent players in the game (I'd imagine he'd skip the newbies/those who never contribute enough). So say 1:10

I think your figures are skewed! This is the reason I never bothered with higher maths ;)

How could Acey know I was the cop on the first night when I'd given no idea about being in that role, and he couldn't investigate me through the mafia THEN pick you by chance that I'd investigate you?

Obviously Acey couldn't know for sure that you were the cop, but you weren't exactly keeping it under wraps.

And given our previous it was a cast-iron certainty that I'd be the first on your investigate list.

You just won't admit he's got one over on you.

As I've said, if you want to believe Panda go ahead and lynch me (you'll not be thanking him afterwards, though) just leave it till nearer the deadline so that we might get a few more hints as to who the real baddies might be.

Ryan Gosling
Obviously Acey couldn't know for sure that you were the cop, but you weren't exactly keeping it under wraps.

And given our previous it was a cast-iron certainty that I'd be the first on your investigate list.

You just won't admit he's got one over on you.

As I've said, if you want to believe Panda go ahead and lynch me (you'll not be thanking him afterwards, though) just leave it till nearer the deadline so that we might get a few more hints as to who the real baddies might be.

Dude, read the first day. Where did I give hints before I investigated you that I was the cop?

You're trying to invent a story to make it seem like you're innocent.

And that? Come on.

bev now that i'm dead do you mind if i haunt you? in the showers

i'd expect nothing less.

you know i do more than simply wash in the shower though?? ;)

i've been known to :mw_rolleyes:

brush my teeth :eek:

Ryan Gosling
i'd expect nothing less.

you know i do more than simply wash in the shower though?? ;)

i've been known to :mw_rolleyes:

brush my teeth :eek:

brush your teeth in the shower? i heard you were frequently mast

ering how to condition your hair.

Dude, read the first day. Where did I give hints before I investigated you that I was the cop?

Dude...you gave plenty of hints that you had a good role - not neccessarily the cop (yes, I did go back to look).

Enough for Acey to take a chance on hitting the right one, I'd say.

Acey's actually played a helluva lot better game than I'm giving them credit for...the bassa:mad: I just wonder if he's still pulling strings in the background.

I would bet my mortgage on the goons sitting back chuckling at my discomfort. Unless any of 'em have already voted for me.

Actually, on reading day 1, I noticed Acey had voted Beverley.

Not sure what to make of that....just pointing it out.

boof, it means i'm telling the truth

i'm NOT anything other than a good old fashioned, un-roled townie

Dude...you gave plenty of hints that you had a good role - not neccessarily the cop (yes, I did go back to look).

Enough for Acey to take a chance on hitting the right one, I'd say.

Acey's actually played a helluva lot better game than I'm giving them credit for...the bassa:mad: I just wonder if he's still pulling strings in the background.

I would bet my mortgage on the goons sitting back chuckling at my discomfort. Unless any of 'em have already voted for me.

Actually, on reading day 1, I noticed Acey had voted Beverley.

Not sure what to make of that....just pointing it out.

It was blatantly obvious that he was saying he was the cop. It was only a matter of whether or not to believe him. At first I didn't, but it was soon clear that the sexually harrassing being was telling the truth.

DIE DIE DIE.

Not blatantly obvious on the first day he was the cop - just claiming to be a roled good 'un...and I'd say, even though he always does it, it would have been enough for Acey to take a punt on.

Let's face it - it suits Acey and his gang for me to be thought guilty...don't you think if I was really mafia Acey would've been on here protecting me by saying that he did frame me.

Given that I'm receiving no support of any description from anybody, not even Acey - doesn't that suggest I really am working on my own.

I'll say it again - those voting for me are looking decidedly suspicious.

I've said wait until Willy sets a deadline but no, some folk seem to have a vested interest in getting rid of me as soon as possible.

Why might that be? Ask yourselves that one. Just consider the scenario that I'm not mafia (which will be revealed when I get bumped off) - who stands to gain most from my departure....yep...the goons.

Oh yeah, one more thing...don't you think I'd've joined in the Das Root pile on (if he's innocent) rather than vote for Acey on the day he got deided?

ArmiyaRomanova

Sorry Boof - dinnae hit me in the Diggers in a fortnight's time :)

VOTE BOOF

You're either one of the remaining goons, or - if there's a shred of truth in your too-shrill protestations of innocence - the impotent Professor Prude.

Either way, you've got to go.

So why not wait until Willy sets a deadline?

I can't understand the desperation to get rid of me now - unless you're wanting to silence me and my goon-hunting activities.

And if I happen to be the prof - what good does it do the town to get rid of me now?

As you say, I'm impotent - I can do no more to harm the town...keep me in reserve until you really need to kill me....as I say IF I'm bad - remember you've only got Panda's word for it and he was in the huff with me anyway and would quite happily see me deided even to the detriment of the town. You've experienced his loose cannonry before - we've all experienced his craptitude at taking out townies when he was meant to be a good 'un.

Ok I'll follow the crowd and Vote Boof.

One investigation I could have excused but if SHP has looked at him twice then that's a different matter.

Has there been two investigations of Boof though? Have we had enough days/nights for SHP to have looked at Boof twice, Yvonne and Flux? I dunno. I dunno nothing anymore! I'll go with the majority.

Unvote Boof

I dunno. SHP says he's bad, he says he's looked twice but that seems unlikely to be honest...why waste a investigation a second time on the same person especially if you think you might be a target for the goons.

Boof has put in a decent defence to be honest.

Seriously I don't bloody know.

Och I'm away to hoover!

So why not wait until Willy sets a deadline?

I can't understand the desperation to get rid of me now - unless you're wanting to silence me and my goon-hunting activities.

And if I happen to be the prof - what good does it do the town to get rid of me now?

As you say, I'm impotent - I can do no more to harm the town...keep me in reserve until you really need to kill me....as I say IF I'm bad - remember you've only got Panda's word for it and he was in the huff with me anyway and would quite happily see me deided even to the detriment of the town. You've experienced his loose cannonry before - we've all experienced his craptitude at taking out townies when he was meant to be a good 'un.

I don't see what difference it makes.

I don't see what difference it makes.

Well, then, here's a radical thought...try feckin' reading what I've written.

The longer I'm around the more I can try and root out the mafia, the greater the probability that they'll have to post something even just to try and blend in.

Does that seem a bad idea to you for some reason?

Well, then, here's a radical thought...try feckin' reading what I've written.

The longer I'm around the more I can try and root out the mafia, the greater the probability that they'll have to post something even just to try and blend in.

Does that seem a bad idea to you for some reason?

Yes.

You are the mafia. Or at least some sort of nasty b******.

Archived