**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Looks like I'm going to be at the Colts game in Nashville on October 16th :jiggy:

Monday Night Football baby :jiggy:

It's a good away day!

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

It's a good away day!

I really wanted to go to Lucas Oil, but this worked out way better for fitting in to our trip. Going to start in Nashville then on to Chattanooga, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Daytona and then Orlando. Completely different route than I originally planned, but the missus wasn't agreeing to it until it included Orlando for the kids. She still wants to try and fit in Graceland between Nashville and Chattanooga, but I'm not convinced on that one. They don't do kids tickets for the game, so having to pay $90 for each of them. Going to do the trip around Daytona Speedway too.

hmfc_liam06

I really wanted to go to Lucas Oil, but this worked out way better for fitting in to our trip. Going to start in Nashville then on to Chattanooga, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Daytona and then Orlando. Completely different route than I originally planned, but the missus wasn't agreeing to it until it included Orlando for the kids. She still wants to try and fit in Graceland between Nashville and Chattanooga, but I'm not convinced on that one. They don't do kids tickets for the game, so having to pay $90 for each of them. Going to do the trip around Daytona Speedway too.

Have you checked out the likes of Stubhub etc? Usually pick up tickets at a decent price.

Quick glance and they start at $58.

luckyBatistuta

Have you checked out the likes of Stubhub etc? Usually pick up tickets at a decent price.

Quick glance and they start at $58.

I had only checked the Titans website and ticket exchange, will have a look at that now. The cheapest I had found was $73, but the $90 ones were more central.

Cheers liam :thumb:

hmfc_liam06

I had only checked the Titans website and ticket exchange, will have a look at that now. The cheapest I had found was $73, but the $90 ones were more central.

Cheers liam :thumb:

I think the only issue with exchange sites is that they don't actually have the tickets on hand just now, although I'd imagine a site like Stubhub is very secure and you're protected until you have the tickets.

luckyBatistuta

I think the only issue with exchange sites is that they don't actually have the tickets on hand just now, although I'd imagine a site like Stubhub is very secure and you're protected until you have the tickets.

Just heading out to a golf tournament with my boys, so only had a quick look. Those prices are way better than what I was looking at :2thumbsup:

hmfc_liam06

Just heading out to a golf tournament with my boys, so only had a quick look. Those prices are way better than what I was looking at :2thumbsup:

Nice one.

You'll have to upload some pics of the stadium afterwards.

luckyBatistuta

Nice one.

You'll have to upload some pics of the stadium afterwards.

Never thought about that, defo :2thumbsup:

I'd recommend getting tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange - as the title suggests, it's the official NFL site for ticket resale. I got tickets for a Titans-Texans game through there and they were dirt cheap. The Titans were particularly shite then, though.

I thought Memphis was a total shithole, but did enjoy visiting Graceland.

Depending on how long your trip is, I may bump into you in Daytona or Orlando...

hmfc_liam06

I'd recommend getting tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange - as the title suggests, it's the official NFL site for ticket resale. I got tickets for a Titans-Texans game through there and they were dirt cheap. The Titans were particularly shite then, though.

You'll know better than me Peebo, having lived and attended games over there.

Any experience with Stubhub? I'm planning a trip (not for a while yet) and Stubhub was where I was getting rough prices for tickets.

Any experience with Stubhub? I'm planning a trip (not for a while yet) and Stubhub was where I was getting rough prices for tickets.

No. I had season tickets for home games, but used NFL TE a couple of times (e.g. for mates coming, and that one away game).

Went to various other major league sports, but always just went through the official ticket channels. If an NFL game is sold out, I'd recommend the NFL TE - you can print off tickets as soon as you purchase. It's very heavily advertised and is reliable, as far as I know. For games near season end, where home interest has ended, you can get tickets very, very cheaply. Conversely, for a few games near season end, I could have recouped my season ticket cost by selling my ticket for single games!

hmfc_liam06

No. I had season tickets for home games, but used NFL TE a couple of times (e.g. for mates coming, and that one away game).

Went to various other major league sports, but always just went through the official ticket channels. If an NFL game is sold out, I'd recommend the NFL TE - you can print off tickets as soon as you purchase. It's very heavily advertised and is reliable, as far as I know. For games near season end, where home interest has ended, you can get tickets very, very cheaply. Conversely, for a few games near season end, I could have recouped my season ticket cost by selling my ticket for single games!

Nice one.

It may be an idea for Batistuta to stick with the official channels.

My folks drove Route 66 a couple of years ago and stated definitively that Graceland was the worst place they visited, not just on that holiday but on holidays in general. Completely tacky, nothing worth visiting and 24hr Elvis songs everywhere. Pretty dirty and not worth your time.

Thought I'd pass that on [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My folks drove Route 66 a couple of years ago and stated definitively that Graceland was the worst place they visited, not just on that holiday but on holidays in general. Completely tacky, nothing worth visiting and 24hr Elvis songs everywhere. Pretty dirty and not worth your time.

Did they mean the area around Graceland? If so, I'd agree. A shithole, like the rest of Memphis.

I thought Graceland (the house and grounds) itself was quite cool to visit.

Did they mean the area around Graceland? If so, I'd agree. A shithole, like the rest of Memphis.

I thought Graceland (the house and grounds) itself was quite cool to visit.

Both I think. Suppose it doesn't help that neither of my folks particularly like Elvis, but they found everywhere to be exceptionally tacky and a bit manky. They loved the trip as a whole, just not there. Never been to more jealous when my old man was pinging me photos over WhatsApp of him pitchside at Lambeau. Hopefully me and him will fire over one year for a game.

luckyBatistuta

Thanks bud, will have another look at that, still trying to sort out all the accommodation at all the stops.

Where you thinking about Liam

I had heard similar

luckyBatistuta

Just realised I posted this question on the Scottish movie thread as I was running out the dooor earlier :facepalm:

Anyone been to the Tailgates before the game in the US. If so, do you recommend doing it if you've got 8yr old and 10yr old boys.

hmfc_liam06

Deep South mate. 

Hoping to take in Texas, New Orleans, Tennessee, Atlanta and finish up in South Carolina.

luckyBatistuta

I thought Memphis was a total shithole, but did enjoy visiting Graceland.

Depending on how long your trip is, I may bump into you in Daytona or Orlando...

What dates are you there mate, think I should be in Daytona around the 23rd Oct for a couple of days and then on to Orlando.

Just realised I posted this question on the Scottish movie thread as I was running out the dooor earlier :facepalm:

Anyone been to the Tailgates before the game in the US. If so, do you recommend doing it if you've got 8yr old and 10yr old boys.

Been tailgating many times at Texans games. There they have a bit with some stuff organised with walk up bar and activities. The real fun is in the parking lot where it's all basically private groups. If you go too early without knowing anyone, you can end up standing about like a spare prick. All family friendly, but again potentially boring for a child.

I can't really recall the Titans tailgating set up, as we just went drinking around Broadway, then walked to stadium for kick off.

luckyBatistuta

Deep South mate. 

Hoping to take in Texas, New Orleans, Tennessee, Atlanta and finish up in South Carolina.

Really fancy New Orleans, not sure I fancy Texas after watching the film Hell or High Water though.

What dates are you there mate, think I should be in Daytona around the 23rd Oct for a couple of days and then on to Orlando.

In Florida for most of November.

Not sure what will be on a Daytona speedway then. I went to the Coke Zero 400 NASCAR race a couple of years ago. The noise was incredible. Starting 4 hours late due to rain (started 11.30 on Sunday night).

luckyBatistuta

Been tailgating many times at Texans games. There they have a bit with some stuff organised with walk up bar and activities. The real fun is in the parking lot where it's all basically private groups. If you go too early without knowing anyone, you can end up standing about like a spare prick. All family friendly, but again potentially boring for a child.

I can't really recall the Titans tailgating set up, as we just went drinking around Broadway, then walked to stadium for kick off.

Hmm, your not selling it :lol:

hmfc_liam06

Really fancy New Orleans, not sure I fancy Texas after watching the film Hell or High Water though.

It would be Houston so I'll no doubt be chewing Peebo's lugs come the time :lol:

If I was to recommend one city for an NFL game, it would be New Orleans. Stadium nice and close to the French Quarter, which is the best night out in the US, I reckon. Nashville pretty decent as well, mind!

It would be Houston so I'll no doubt be chewing Peebo's lugs come the time :lol:

I loved Houston as a place to live, but wouldn't recommend it for a holiday. You'll spend most of your time sitting in a traffic jam.

hmfc_liam06

I loved Houston as a place to live, but wouldn't recommend it for a holiday. You'll spend most of your time sitting in a traffic jam.

It'll be a boys drinking trip, no traffic jams in the pubs :lol:

luckyBatistuta

In Florida for most of November.

Not sure what will be on a Daytona speedway then. I went to the Coke Zero 400 NASCAR race a couple of years ago. The noise was incredible. Starting 4 hours late due to rain (started 11.30 on Sunday night).

Can't find any event on at Daytona then, but going to do the tour

He's the man for the job

It'll be a boys drinking trip, no traffic jams in the pubs :lol:

There are getting there, though! That said I can recommend plenty of decent boozing areas, and maybe some you may able to walk to from a hotel, without getting run over/arrested.

luckyBatistuta

There are getting there, though! That said I can recommend plenty of decent boozing areas, and maybe some you may able to walk to from a hotel, without getting run over/arrested.

How long was it you lived there bud, apologies if I've asked you this before.

How long was it you lived there bud, apologies if I've asked you this before.

About 6 years. Season ticket for 5 seasons, including two playoff runs.

hmfc_liam06

You ever considered going into the travel agency business? :lol:

You ever considered going into the travel agency business? :lol:

Consider this a freebie!

My wife use to work at the stadium and conference centre etc, and before that at the fanciest hotel in the city. It used to be a real struggle for the hospitality trade to attract people there as tourists.

hmfc_liam06

Consider this a freebie!

My wife use to work at the stadium and conference centre etc, and before that at the fanciest hotel in the city. It used to be a real struggle for the hospitality trade to attract people there as tourists.

To be honest I don't mind heading to places that aren't considered tourist traps, I'm sure we'd find things to do in the few days we're in each location.

To be honest I don't mind heading to places that aren't considered tourist traps, I'm sure we'd find things to do in the few days we're in each location.

No doubt. And I'm happy to provide advice.

luckyBatistuta

Just put money on Kareem Hunt at 20/1 for offensive rookie of the year. Obviously Fournette is fancied and I also drafted him in the Dynasty, but he's a very short price, so 20/1 on Hunt looks like a good price as I think he can knock Ware off the starting spot. Who do you guys think has a shot at this title?

hmfc_liam06

Just put money on Kareem Hunt at 20/1 for offensive rookie of the year. Obviously Fournette is fancied and I also drafted him in the Dynasty, but he's a very short price, so 20/1 on Hunt looks like a good price as I think he can knock Ware off the starting spot. Who do you guys think has a shot at this title?

Drafted Hunt in another dynasty at 9th overall, hoping for big things.

luckyBatistuta

Drafted Hunt in another dynasty at 9th overall, hoping for big things.

Wow, 9th overall, shocked by that one. I went for him because of his missed tackles/his incredible hands and he can block. Thought about others, but they all seemed to be lacking in one or more of these, so here's hoping. Also tried to get a price on Samaje Perine, but still waiting on Skybet giving me one as he wasn't in the betting. Think he's got a chance of knocking off Fat Rob.

hmfc_liam06

Wow, 9th overall, shocked by that one. I went for him because of his missed tackles/his incredible hands and he can block. Thought about others, but they all seemed to be lacking in one or more of these, so here's hoping. Also tried to get a price on Samaje Perine, but still waiting on Skybet giving me one as he wasn't in the betting. Think he's got a chance of knocking off Fat Rob.

9th overall in a rookie draft :thumbsup:

luckyBatistuta

9th overall in a rookie draft :thumbsup:

Phew, no wonder I freaked. Thought you were losing it bud :lol:

Anyone been watching the 2nd season of Last Chance U?

Binge watched it last weekend. Enjoyed it, was on a par with the first season. There's been no confirmation of a third season yet, with rumours the production team might cover another team, but the college HC has said he'd like them to come back. It won't be long until the season starts for the team, so I imagine there'll be an announcement soon on whether it will be back (I reckon it will and will cover EMCC again).

I'll not post any spoilers on who, but there'll definitely be new characters for the camera team to follow if they return.

Edited by Louis Litt

hmfc_liam06

Binge watched it last weekend. Enjoyed it, was on a par with the first season. There's been no confirmation of a third season yet, with rumours the production team might cover another team, but the college HC has said he'd like them to come back. It won't be long until the season starts for the team, so I imagine there'll be an announcement soon on whether it will be back (I reckon it will and will cover EMCC again).

I'll not post any spoilers on who, but there'll definitely be new characters if they return.

It's incredible the kids attitudes ain't it? They really have no idea what kind of opportunity they are wasting!

It's incredible the kids attitudes ain't it? They really have no idea what kind of opportunity they are wasting!

Makes you want to grab some of them and give them a shake! Some of them are very talented too, but they just can't help throwing away their opportunity!

KineticBeat

Just binged last chance U and jesus.

Again no spoliers but I don't know if they'll be back at EMCC next year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

Problem officer?

Not at all my good man :lol:

Did you change that recently or was it always that. Was looking through stuff and thought to myself that it was different.