**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Lynch now making the headlines for not standing last night.

Going to be a long season.

And yet he has a contract. Possibly because he's not over-rates shite.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Lynch now making the headlines for not standing last night.

Going to be a long season.

He apparently never stands for the anthem but it's obviously only an issue now because of Kap.

Sexton Hardcastle

He apparently never stands for the anthem but it's obviously only an issue now because of Kap.

Yeah seen someone report that and quickly voided with photos during anthems at Seattle.

Yeah seen someone report that and quickly voided with photos during anthems at Seattle.

I stand corrected.

Looking forward to getting some ball watched tonight!

Does anyone have a location recommendation for watching NFL. Wanting Redzone with commentary.

Went to Pear Tree last year but since refurb only one internal screen and never sure of weather for outside.

Know Belushi's has it but a bit small. Anyone tried Merlin ?

Cheers

Placid Casual

Does anyone have a location recommendation for watching NFL. Wanting Redzone with commentary.

Went to Pear Tree last year but since refurb only one internal screen and never sure of weather for outside.

Know Belushi's has it but a bit small. Anyone tried Merlin ?

Cheers

Clerk's Bar was known to show NFL games: http://clerksbar.com

I live quite near Merlin and have seen games being shown there, but I think they hold their pub quiz on Sunday nights. Might be wrong though.

Saw this earlier too: https://www.facebook.com/newbuccleuch/posts/1930232387244383:0

Edited by Placid Casual

Clerk's Bar was known to show NFL games: http://clerksbar.com

I live quite near Merlin and have seen games being shown there, but I think they hold their pub quiz on Sunday nights. Might be wrong though.

Saw this earlier too: https://www.facebook.com/newbuccleuch/posts/1930232387244383:0

Thanks for this, forgot I had seen the Colts v Jags game from London there.

Buccleuch sounds ideal if I can get folk out of the city 

Some pretty strong speculation that Bortles is going to get cut immediately (rather than them risk him being injured and trigger an extra contract year). Seems only a wee while ago since multiple folks were raving about him, as part of the annual Jaguars hype.

RustyRightPeg

Some pretty strong speculation that Bortles is going to get cut immediately (rather than them risk him being injured and trigger an extra contract year). Seems only a wee while ago since multiple folks were raving about him, as part of the annual Jaguars hype.

Wouldn't surprise me. Coughlin doesn't take any s**t.

Looking forward to college football on Saturday. Espn on bt is very handy.

I do enjoy a bit of College football, as you say, great it's on BT.

For the banter I've decided to choose a team each season to follow. I've no affiliation with anyone.

This year it's Notre Dame.

luckyBatistuta

I do enjoy a bit of College football, as you say, great it's on BT.

For the banter I've decided to choose a team each season to follow. I've no affiliation with anyone.

This year it's Notre Dame.

Hope your following the dotting of the i then.

luckyBatistuta

No comprende?

Go Buckeyes :thumbsup:

Have you never watched their band dot the i

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Go Buckeyes :thumbsup:

Have you never watched their band dot the i

Nope never.

I chose Notre Dame this year as I watched the documentary series on them when Kizer was breaking through. I won't be buying any tops though or I'll be skint :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Nope never.

I chose Notre Dame this year as I watched the documentary series on them when Kizer was breaking through. I won't be buying any tops though or I'll be skint :lol:

Google it, impressive stuff.

Sexton Hardcastle

See the week one sky games are out. Surprised they went with dolphins bucs over raiders titans.

But then sky will be shoving the London teams down your throat as per rather than two likely division winners and the best young qbs in the game.

Winston aside of course.

Edelman done for the season

Definitely a miss for the Patriots, I'm sure they'll cope though. Probably just pick up some random from the local 7/11 who'll get 1,500 receiving yards or something. Anyone but the Patriots.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking at by listings there's no early coverage of the college games.

Need to find something on kodi.

There's not many teams playing today, next week is the big kickoff. 

chuck berrys hairline

Created a new pickem group for those who fancy it again.

Kickback

Password - cathro

NFL fantasy?

luckyBatistuta

Unlucky Lucky :lol:

Maybe not so unlucky after all :wink:

The NFL Players Association has filed a temporary restraining order in Texas, calling for the courts to block any suspension for Elliott upheld by arbitrator Harold Henderson, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

A three-day appeal hearing for Elliott concluded Thursday. A report from multiple media sources later reported that Kia Roberts, director of investigations for the NFL, recommended no suspension for Elliott after her investigation and that her recommendations were not included in the NFL's 160-page report on the matter. As result, the NFLPA has said it has a strong case and it looks like this matter may be headed for the courts. It's not clear when Henderson will issue a ruling, though Schefter earlier reported that he's under pressure to rule by Monday. The lawsuit raises the possibility that Elliott's six-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy may be blocked and he will be allowed to play. However, expect many legal twists in the next week before we get some clarity on the issue.

luckyBatistuta

Question for everyone, I'm watching NFL Network right now and you can pledge $10 donation to the Houston flood relief, by texting HARVEY to 90999. Anyone know if that will work if we text that from the UK, as I was gonna donate???

Question for everyone, I'm watching NFL Network right now and you can pledge $10 donation to the Houston flood relief, by texting HARVEY to 90999. Anyone know if that will work if we text that from the UK, as I was gonna donate???

I would doubt it. It's an American phone number, and even if you added country code, I doubt UK providers will have arrangements in place to send the money to the fund.

luckyBatistuta

I would doubt it. It's an American phone number, and even if you added country code, I doubt UK providers will have arrangements in place to send the money to the fund.

You'd think they'd put an alternative up for folk, seeing as they have a lot of followers and subscribers over the water.

You'd think they'd put an alternative up for folk, seeing as they have a lot of followers and subscribers over the water.

True, but then may confuse viewers in their primary market.

Plenty of other other ways to donate. Here's a good one my mate is involved with:

https://fundraise.teamrubiconusa.org/campaign/kirkland-and-ellis-supports-team-rubicon-hurricane-harvey/c143020

luckyBatistuta

True, but then may confuse viewers in their primary market.

Plenty of other other ways to donate. Here's a good one my mate is involved with:

https://fundraise.teamrubiconusa.org/campaign/kirkland-and-ellis-supports-team-rubicon-hurricane-harvey/c143020

Thanks for that bud, will get a look at it later, at a wedding.

:2thumbsup:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

How has everyone's fantasy teams got through preseason? Any significant injuries/suspensions? Guessing there'll be a few.

How has everyone's fantasy teams got through preseason? Any significant injuries/suspensions? Guessing there'll be a few.

I've managed to get through with only an injury to Meredith in one of my leagues. And he's my WR5 so no biggy.

I've managed to get through with only an injury to Meredith in one of my leagues. And he's my WR5 so no biggy.

Decent. Had a wee panic about John Ross doing his ankle, despite him being as deep a sleeper as Sleeping Beauty, but doesn't look serious.

Nah, only Kenneth Dixon in my dynasty league.

Haven't done the draft for my annual work league, as everyone else based in Houston and currently otherwise engaged!

Decent. Had a wee panic about John Ross doing his ankle, despite him being as deep a sleeper as Sleeping Beauty, but doesn't look serious.

I was actually hoping for a couple of my depth players going down as I wanted some guys in free agency but didn't want to have to cut anyone for them :lol:

Discovered that the new GamePass app only works on recent generation Apple TVs. Pretty annoying, as limits fancying about on my phone while watching.

Heading down to the international series. Anybody else going?

2nd time seeing the Saints after watching them face the Raiders last season.