**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta

I've got an 8am tee off tomorrow morning, I'll maybe stay up for a wee while though.

Where do you think you'll go with tonights 2 picks?

Have a good one bud,

Still need to protect Luck, so would like to get Guard Forrest Lamp, but can't see him falling to us, maybe Dion Dawkins. Would take DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, he's massive and needs work, but he could be a good find. Wouldn't surprise me if we took an RB though. Would love to get Dalvin Cook, but can't see that happening either, but would also take a chance on Joe Mixon, he has all the tools.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

hmfc_liam06

Have a good one bud,

Still need to protect Luck, so would like to get Guard Forrest Lamp, but can't see him falling to us, maybe Dion Dawkins. Would take DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, he's massive and needs work, but he could be a good find. Wouldn't surprise me if we took an RB though. Would love to get Dalvin Cook, but can't see that happening either, but would also take a chance on Joe Mixon, he has all the tools.

I've feeling Cook will go to the Packers @ 33 and Lamp to the Jags @ 35.

chuck berrys hairline

Seems his character has gone against him. Hopefully we can grab a DE tonight and that'll be our two biggest needs met.

I would say our lack of a powerhouse running back needs met first. Can't rely on Staffords arm to keep pulling us through games all the time

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

luckyBatistuta

I would say our lack of a powerhouse running back needs met first. Can't rely on Staffords arm to keep pulling us through games all the time

Totally agree with this mate

hmfc_liam06

3rd round - Kareem Hunt :thumbsup:

2nd round I'd like to see us hopefully get Malik McDowell or if possible Jordan Willis.

hmfc_liam06

Anyone come across a condensed version of the draft from last night? Want to watch it but can't seem to find it at all.

luckyBatistuta

Anyone come across a condensed version of the draft from last night? Want to watch it but can't seem to find it at all.

Best I could find, but not great

hmfc_liam06

Not bought it for the last couple of years, wishing I had it now. Could have given you a wee game before it. Guaranteed he'll get booed.

If you're on X1 it's available via EA Access, it's only ?20 a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who was in the original dynasty kickback league and hasn't got martin's recent emails, let me know.

hmfc_liam06

Less than a week to go until the Great Kickback Dynasty start up draft.

Hope you've all been swotting up!

PS...that 1.01 pick is still up for grabs :thumbsup:

luckyBatistuta

Less than a week to go until the Great Kickback Dynasty start up draft.

Hope you've all been swotting up!

PS...that 1.01 pick is still up for grabs :thumbsup:

Swotting up, you just randomly pick someone from the list on fleaflicker surely?

hmfc_liam06

Swotting up, you just randomly pick someone from the list on fleaflicker surely?

:toff:

I've 99% made my mind up on 1.01 but I just know I'll question myself time and again over the pick.

luckyBatistuta

:toff:

I've 99% made my mind up on 1.01 but I just know I'll question myself time and again over the pick.

Glad I don't have that dilemma :wink:

PortyJambo

First home game of the season at Meggatland for the Edinburgh Wolves this Saturday (2.30pm). Decent start to their first season in the Premier League, with a win, loss and tie so far. The loss (at home, but Peffermill, not at Meggatland) and tie (away) came against East Kilbride, where they lost 4th quarter leads to let slip the wins. Tough game on Saturday for them though, against one of the best teams in the country in Tamworth Phoenix.

Nucky Thompson

First home game of the season at Meggatland for the Edinburgh Wolves this Saturday (2.30pm). Decent start to their first season in the Premier League, with a win, loss and tie so far. The loss (at home, but Peffermill, not at Meggatland) and tie (away) came against East Kilbride, where they lost 4th quarter leads to let slip the wins. Tough game on Saturday for them though, against one of the best teams in the country in Tamworth Phoenix.

Great game today. Really enjoyed it. Tamworth are by far the best team in the Premier North and to run them that close 20-27. 

The premier is a big step up for the Wolves but they are adapting well

Roll on next Saturday at Meggatland , but I hope the weather is better

PortyJambo

Great game today. Really enjoyed it. Tamworth are by far the best team in the Premier North and to run them that close 20-27.

The premier is a big step up for the Wolves but they are adapting well

Roll on next Saturday at Meggatland , but I hope the weather is better

They're showing they're not out of their depth at all, I imagine they were everybody's tip to be relegated at the beginning of the season, but if they keep their form you've got to think they'll pick up a few more wins. Especially now that they've played 3 out of 4 against the top 2 teams from last year, and run them close.

hmfc_liam06

The Great Jam Tart Dynasty draft kicks off this morning, first 6 picks are in:

1.01 David Johnson to Scranton Warriors

1.02 Zeke Elliott to Luckness Monster

1.03 Le'Veon Bell to Return of the Mack

1.04 Odell Beckham to Zero Pace

1.05 Devonta Freeman to SlayTheAnsah

1.06 Antonio Brown to Von Miller Time

I reckon VMT couldn't believe his luck to see Brown fall to him at 6!

I knew the top 3 running backs would go first. It was either Beckham or Brown for me at pick 4 hopefully I made the right call. :-)

hmfc_liam06

I knew the top 3 running backs would go first. It was either Beckham or Brown for me at pick 4 hopefully I made the right call. :-)

I'm Brown over Beckham...but neither were ever an option at 1.

hmfc_liam06

Feeling the same way at second especially since it's PPR and seeing the WR's start to disappear.

Yeah I feel you can achieve a better balance to your roster drafting in the middle of the pack.

Still, I'm sure we'll pull it out the bag :thumbsup:

KineticBeat

Was surprised he was still there, should be better without Brock passing to him (I use that term loosely!)

I thought he would drop quite low. All the other WRs chosen before him do have better QBs throwing to them

Sexton Hardcastle

Went off him big time after taking him pretty high last year and was an absolute bust.

Always love it when folk go a bit mad and draft qbs so early.

With being able to start 2 QB's I did think people might pull the trigger earlier.  Still quite a few on the board that I like though so happy to hold off for now.

hmfc_liam06

Yip I never draft a QB inside the top 8 rounds but 2QB I wanted an elite QB...no one more elite than A-Rod!

KineticBeat

Yip I never draft a QB inside the top 8 rounds but 2QB I wanted an elite QB...no one more elite than A-Rod!

You started a trend. Wasn't planning on picking one so early but the 5 QBs in a row spooked me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hmfc_liam06

You started a trend. Wasn't planning on picking one so early but the 5 QBs in a row spooked me

That may have been intentional...

hmfc_liam06

Some very interesting approaches in this draft!

Bold move those not taking a QB within the first 7 rounds in a 2QB league set up I'd say.

chuck berrys hairline

I've took brees three years in a row :laugh:

hmfc_liam06

I've took brees three years in a row :laugh:

You'll maybe need to think about a QB for the future to replace him soon!

luckyBatistuta

Anybody had the one pick you have planned taken the one pick directly before you. Von Miller has done it to me twice now, was taking Andrew Luck and he took him and was going to take Dak Prescott and he took him too....raging :angry:

hmfc_liam06

Anybody had the one pick you have planned taken the one pick directly before you. Von Miller has done it to me twice now, was taking Andrew Luck and he took him and was going to take Dak Prescott and he took him too....raging :angry:

Yeah, Luckness took Hopkins in round 2 just before I was going to take him!

Yeah, Luckness took Hopkins in round 2 just before I was going to take him!

my bad  :smiley2:

Blount quickly picked up after his Eagles move

Edited by Spok

chuck berrys hairline

my bad :smiley2:

Blount quickly picked up after his Eagles move

Was a late season pickup for me last yg ouear along with Tyreek Hill. Gutted at missing out on Kelce taken pick before me though

KineticBeat

I haven't had someone snatched from under my nose. 

But there has been a couple of times where I've started thinking about taking someone with my next pick only for him to go 2 minutes later. 

hmfc_liam06

Was a late season pickup for me last yg ouear along with Tyreek Hill. Gutted at missing out on Kelce taken pick before me though

I swithered with Kelce in round 5 but being at the turn I felt it a bit of a reach knowing I'm then not back up for 19 picks.

Return of the Mack SURELY have to go QB here? If you total my 2 QB's (Rodgers & Carr) previous years points it comes in at 772.15. The best remaining combo, only comes in at 648.8. A 123.35 difference.

Mack going for a no QB strategy it seems !

He's probably looking at it and saying most teams have already drafted 2 QB's so what's the hurry on picking them now! :-) A very bold move!

hmfc_liam06

He's probably looking at it and saying most teams have already drafted 2 QB's so what's the hurry on picking them now! :-) A very bold move!

Just wait til folk start picking up their bench QB...