**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta

Really sorry guys, I've been phoning and texting him non stop for the last two hours and he obviously isn't hearing it or he'd answer, think he's down Gifford way today. I'll keep bombarding him though.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

hmfc_liam06

Really sorry guys, I've been phoning and texting him non stop for the last two hours and he obviously isn't hearing it or he'd answer, think he's down Gifford way today. I'll keep bombarding him though.

It's cool man, we know he's at work.

luckyBatistuta

It's cool man, we know he's at work.

Really want him to make his own pick too, as I'm not wanting him casting it up that you made his pick when I take his money off him :lol:

Jarvis Landry under investigation for possible domestic battery. His ex-missus saying its pish. Nae smoke without fire though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just realised I posted this question on the Scottish movie thread as I was running out the dooor earlier :facepalm:

Anyone been to the Tailgates before the game in the US. If so, do you recommend doing it if you've got 8yr old and 10yr old boys.

Tailgating is to set-up the grill, coolers of drinks, and sitting around getting plowed while eating awesome food.  With being on holiday and having young kids, there won't be much for the kids to do.  Most teams will do pregame activties/games/etc, but you probably won't need to arrive more than 90min prior to k/o to take that all in.  Tailgating is awesome if you're in a group of friends as above (night games and NASCAR races can see people setting up 12hrs+ early).

Dolphins signing cutler. Very desperate times.

Had a decent season when Gase was in Chicago, but still a stupid/desperate signing

J.T.F.Robertson

Tailgating is to set-up the grill, coolers of drinks, and sitting around getting plowed while eating awesome food.  With being on holiday and having young kids, there won't be much for the kids to do.  Most teams will do pregame activties/games/etc, but you probably won't need to arrive more than 90min prior to k/o to take that all in.  Tailgating is awesome if you're in a group of friends as above (night games and NASCAR races can see people setting up 12hrs+ early).

We walked through the tailgate thing when we were at Heinz and good as it was, we were way more intent on getting inside and "worshipping at the shrine".

Loved the whole experience.

hmfc_liam06

Don't miss the Last Chance U 2nd season. Buddy Stephens is an absolute trainwreck. Great stuff.

I'm not sure whether I feel for him or hate him!

Kam Carter really annoyed me, a talented kid who just cannot be arsed applying himself.

The D line coach is a top guy, I hope he goes on to have a very good career as a HC.

KineticBeat

I'm not sure whether I feel for him or hate him!

Kam Carter really annoyed me, a talented kid who just cannot be arsed applying himself.

The D line coach is a top guy, I hope he goes on to have a very good career as a HC.

I dislike him. He didn't handle Wright well at all and was probably a big factor in him going D2 instead of D1 (although I know Wright didn't come out of it rosy himself). Everyone there hates him and the fact that the academic woman (can't mind her name) is now away I think will be a huge loss to that school/team (and she pretty much left because of Buddy). 

Agree about the D-line coach. With the documentary exposure surely something bigger will be in his future. 

hmfc_liam06

I dislike him. He didn't handle Wright well at all and was probably a big factor in him going D2 instead of D1 (although I know Wright didn't come out of it rosy himself). Everyone there hates him and the fact that the academic woman (can't mind her name) is now away I think will be a huge loss to that school/team (and she pretty much left because of Buddy).

Agree about the D-line coach. With the documentary exposure surely something bigger will be in his future.

Yeah Wright didn't handle the situation well at all.

Stephen's handling of his OC was utterly appalling as well during the bowl game.

Really liked the QB and Dakota Allen, two guys have completely reformed and deserve the second chance.

hmfc_liam06

Snoop got it tight as well. Quite a likeable kid. Like Ollie in the first season.

Nice laddie...not very bright!

luckyBatistuta

Marvin Lewis having to step away from the Bengals for an undefined period with a blood clot.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but wtf!!!...Kaepernick petition calling for NFL boycott is gaining steam, has 130K supporters

The fans are voicing their displeasure with the league through a petition on Change.org. The petition calls for fans to boycott the NFL if "Colin Kaepernick doesn't play this season."

From the petition:

"We understand the NFL is very important to you. We also understand the purpose of Colin Kaepernick's protest is FAR more important than any games you will ever watch. Simply put, if things stay the same for the way America -- where 'all men are created equal' -- treats people of color, then your loved ones, friends, and children will eventually be affected as well."

"If you are appalled by [Kaepernick not signing], then show your power by boycotting the NFL until Kaepernick gets signed to a team," the petition states. "This means to not watch any games, no social media comments about your favorite team before/during/after the games, don't attend the stadiums, and don't buy any merchandise which represents the league or your favorite team.

He's overrated as? plus he's going to distract the whole team. Why would anyone want to sign him. This is like the bloody elections. Nobody wants to accept anything these days, just protest until they get what they want.

chuck berrys hairline

Good noises about my rookie picks McCaffrey and Watson last night during the first pre season game. What does our resident Texan think of Watson's chances of the starting job?

Watson already looks comfortable back there for Houston. He threw some darts into tight windows and, as we already know, he'll make plays with his legs too. I'd be shocked if he wasn't starting early for the Texans, and should even be the starter for week 1. Texan fans have got to be excited to finally have a QB that looks like he could be a star, and with their defence they could be a very good team this year.

McCaffrey's an exciting player to watch. Even with just vanilla plays last night, he showed that he's going to have some highlight reel plays this season.

RustyRightPeg

Good noises about my rookie picks McCaffrey and Watson last night during the first pre season game. What does our resident Texan think of Watson's chances of the starting job?

Very limited highlights on the NFL coverage of both McCaffrey and Watson.

My view(s) on both:

Watson - Outshone Savage, by a distance at this early stage. Savage was very sluggish and slow in the pocket whereas Watson showed quick decision making qualities and capability to extend plays with his legs (as proven with his TD). Watson was also very sensible and again, talking about his decision making, showed a "quality" as such to throw the ball away rather than force the issue risking INT's. There was a few overthrows, but this is to be expected at this early stage.

My prediction: Savage will start until week 3 of pre-season where Watson will be given two weeks to polish the offense going into the Regular season.

McCaffrey - Shared the load with Stewart, as is to be expected for the majority of the season. Showed limited glimpses today, a 12 yard dash inbetween the tackle and guard was his biggest run of the day. From a pass catching perspective, not much was ran for him. I suspect this is to keep it hidden from opposition going into the reg. season.

My prediction: McCaffrey's numbers will be in the 1,500 from scrimmage region this season.

Others on display:

Rookie Damiere Byrd for the Panthers showed the speedster qualities the Panthers love (and need at this time) that Ginn & Brown have left behind. Scored 2 TD's, 1 a 50 yard grab over the top of the safeties and the other a back of the endzone grab.

D'Onta Foreman the rookie RB for the Texans showed some nice glimpses of his qualities. This lad is one to watch, coming into the season following the tragic passing of his son. I suspect he will help the Texans have a 3 headed monster in the rushing game with Miller & Blue.

JJ Watt is back, enough said. Him, Clowney & Mercilus should have QB's very very scared.

I'll be looking to do reviews like this throughout the preseason & hopefully the regular season, so please let me know if they are appreciated.

PS. I'm a Fantasy Football enthusiast as well so if there's any slots in any leagues please let me know, very keen to join!

He was a high first round pick, and while I like Savage, he ain't providing much competition. Watson will establish himself as the starter very soon.

chuck berrys hairline

Cheers for the responses guys. Was quietly confident about them and couldn't believe Watson was still languishing there by time I remembered about him! Rusty you've just missed the draft in kB League but there might be spaces from other posters in their own respective leagues.

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

Watson looked good, but teams play very vanilla defenses in preseason. His real fate won't be known until the season gets rolling.

Last Chance U is going to be back for a third season, but not at EMCC this time. They're moving to cover a community college in Kansas this time.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/10-things-about-icc-before-last-chance-u-season-3/6nu7yru7zi51tra0vvyej3l9

This season at EMCC felt like their last the way the show ran its course. Kind of wanted to see how Buddy dealt with the exodus next season and it'll take some serious personalities at Indepence to hold viewers' interests.

luckyBatistuta

Unlucky Lucky :lol:

Took him expecting a suspension, but hoping I got "lucky", thought it would be no more than 4 games, shocked that he got 6 considering he's never been charged with any wrongdoing. I know it's in the rules that they can still face punishment from the NFL, but 6 games :sad:

Has anyone on here got game pass was thinking of getting but want to know if it's worth it or not ?

I have. Worth it for me, as it means I can get every Texans game, which is all I am really bothered about.

luckyBatistuta

Has anyone on here got game pass was thinking of getting but want to know if it's worth it or not ?

I have. Worth it for me, as it means I can get every Texans game, which is all I am really bothered about.

I get every game through my Sportsmania, but if something were to happen to that I'd get it. How much do you pay for it Peebo?

I get every game through my Sportsmania, but if something were to happen to that I'd get it. How much do you pay for it Peebo?

?105.99 for the season. Well worth it. I cannot be arsed with the illegal streams for watching anything any more.

luckyBatistuta

?105.99 for the season. Well worth it. I cannot be arsed with the illegal streams for watching anything any more.

That price is reasonable to be fair. My SM has never let me down, my streams have been superb and I also get NFL Network, which I watch pretty much every day. Sure I read that with GamePass you can download the games on to a tablet to watch at your leisure, is this the case? That would be a big thing for myself as I could watch them at work.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

That price is reasonable to be fair. My SM has never let me down, my streams have been superb and I also get NFL Network, which I watch pretty much every day. Sure I read that with GamePass you can download the games on to a tablet to watch at your leisure, is this the case? That would be a big thing for myself as I could watch them at work.

Possibly. The app has had an overhaul this year, and I've not really looked it yet. I have auto renewed, but I'm no even sure which account the ?106 has been taken from!

luckyBatistuta

Possibly. The app has had an overhaul this year, and I've not really looked it yet. I have auto renewed, but I'm no even sure which account the ?106 has been taken from!

Too much money :lol:

I've just checked and you can, will definitely get this once my SM packs in.

The overhaul is getting slated.

The overhaul is getting slated.

I normally watch via Apple TV. The app was meant to be updated on 1st August, but still hasn't been on mine.

Buccaneers release Aguayo. One of the worst draft picks of all time?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bad enough to spend a 2nd round pick on a kicker...but to then release him before his 2nd year has even started. :lol: