**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

hmfc_liam06

What...can I pick folk from this draft in our draft?

Yeah we won't be drafting for a while yet, it'll be open season on all players with it being a start up draft.

It won't be until next year, after our first season, that it'll be a rookie draft.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

Yeah we won't be drafting for a while yet, it'll be open season on all players with it being a start up draft.

It won't be until next year, after our first season, that it'll be a rookie draft.

Didn't realise that. There's another couple of hours of my day gone, this really is going to take over.

Not even had this rookie draft and I'm already seriously looking forward to next year's

I'm not talking about any more players in this rookie draft with you now :rofl:

IMG_3076.gif

hmfc_liam06

Didn't realise that. There's another couple of hours of my day gone, this really is going to take over.

Not even had this rookie draft and I'm already seriously looking forward to next year's

I'm not talking about any more players in this rookie draft with you now :rofl:

IMG_3076.gif

Haha!

It's always interesting to see folks direction in a startup dynasty. I'm in a couple other leagues and I've seen guys stack their team with win now players and then the total opposite and pretty much fill the team full of rookies.

Dynasty is a lot more fun than re-draft.

luckyBatistuta

Just looking at the draft and your number 1 again, you using the GFA draft generator :rofl:

Does anybody actually trade picks up and down in the Dynasty leagues your in?

hmfc_liam06

Just looking at the draft and your number 1 again, you using the GFA draft generator :rofl:

Does anybody actually trade picks up and down in the Dynasty leagues your in?

Haha :lol: 

I couldn't believe it when it generated the order, believe me, I do not want #1!!

Yeah, trading has been quite frequent in my two other dynasty leagues - both in the start up draft and throughout the season.

The 1.01 pick will be going on the block...

luckyBatistuta

Haha :lol: 

I couldn't believe it when it generated the order, believe me, I do not want #1!!

Yeah, trading has been quite frequent in my two other dynasty leagues - both in the start up draft and throughout the season.

The 1.01 pick will be going on the block...

Hmmm, might be interested.

Sexton Hardcastle

Few lagers and several games of madden should see me through until 1am.

Hopefully they let plenty of eagles fans in to boo the commish.

luckyBatistuta

Few lagers and several games of madden should see me through until 1am.

Hopefully they let plenty of eagles fans in to boo the commish.

Not bought it for the last couple of years, wishing I had it now. Could have given you a wee game before it. Guaranteed he'll get booed.

luckyBatistuta

Download it from the ps store... I'm waiting!

Just checked the price, think I'll pass :sad:

Putting some bets on with my money instead...

Leonard Fournette @ 5/1

Second Pick

2017 NFL Draft

Deshaun Watson @ 10/1

Third Pick

2017 NFL Draft

Solomon Thomas @ 8/1

Fourth Pick

2017 NFL Draft

Mike Williams @ 3/1

Fifth Pick

2017 NFL Draft

Mitch Trubisky @ 3/1

Sixth Pick

2017 NFL Draft

Deshaun Watson @ 11/2

Name of 1st QB Drafted

2017 NFL Draft

luckyBatistuta

I put 25 quid on Thomas second pick at 2-1. Best value bet I could see.

I'm hoping for a trade up for Fournette at number 2

First time I've ever put bets on thus, but gives it even more of an edge...good luck :thumbsup:

Oh, and Kay Adams :dribble::lol:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Sexton Hardcastle

A few years ago I had best part of two hundred quid on Cooper first wr. I was always confident of it at just over evens but Kevin White apparently came quite close.

Thankfully the bet worked out and Cooper is streets ahead of White, so well done Oakland!

luckyBatistuta

A few years ago I had best part of two hundred quid on Cooper first wr. I was always confident of it at just over evens but Kevin White apparently came quite close.

Thankfully the bet worked out and Cooper is streets ahead of White, so well done Oakland!

Nice return

?200 quid, you like a wee bet then :lol:

Most I've ever put on a single bet win is ?50

Did you just see Deshaun Watson's shoes :rofl:

luckyBatistuta

Wow

Was surprised that none of the panel mentioned a QB, but I went for them to take Watson.

luckyBatistuta

Gave up a huge amount but cracking deal for San Francisco.

Yeah, seems cracking for them. Another QB now?

Watt-Zeefuik

I say this as a hard core UNC fan who watched Trubisky all year and wants him to do well.  He'll make a fine pro, he's a legit NFL quarterback.

But #2 in the draft, ahead of Watson?  No f---ing way he deserves to be that high.

luckyBatistuta

If the browns get Cousins it would be pretty wild.

Amazing opening hour.

Gonna be interesting

I say this as a hard core UNC fan who watched Trubisky all year and wants him to do well. He'll make a fine pro, he's a legit NFL quarterback.

But #2 in the draft, ahead of Watson? No f---ing way he deserves to be that high.

Thought Watson would go 1st of the QB's too Edited by luckyBatistuta

Watt-Zeefuik

Gonna be interesting

Thought Watson would go 1st of the QB's too

NFL scouts are weird.  Watson was considered a probable #1 pick if he went last year.  All he did this year was drag his team to the national title through the best defense in all of college football, but now he's been around a year, so he's no longer the Next Hot Thing.

And it looks like he's still on the board. :facepalm:

luckyBatistuta

I'm loving this, Colts look like they're going to be getting a better player on defense than I thought

luckyBatistuta

NFL scouts are weird.  Watson was considered a probable #1 pick if he went last year.  All he did this year was drag his team to the national title through the best defense in all of college football, but now he's been around a year, so he's no longer the Next Hot Thing.

And it looks like he's still on the board. :facepalm:

This could end up unbelievabley well for the Browns here. They've got Garrett and now still got a shout at Watson. Hope someone in front of Indy takes hi.

luckyBatistuta

Saints...Marlon Humphrey?

wrong CB :sad:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Watt-Zeefuik

Saints picking a DB there makes sense.  Nothing wrong with that pick.

Cleveland now has a clear shot at Watson, or the chance to trade back and get more picks.

Every Browns fan in existence is dead certain they're going to blow this right now.

Watt-Zeefuik

This is incredible, please,please,please make an arse of this Houston

Have to say it's a solid bit of business by all parties.  Cleveland has so many needs that dropping a franchise quarterback in now would almost be setting him up for failure.  Texas is a solid team with no decent quarterback -- they just got an NFL-ready starter.  And Watson ends up on a team where he won't be running for his life constantly.

luckyBatistuta

Wasn't expecting that, thought we'd take a DE, but Hooker is more than acceptable. He's going to be a great addition.

hmfc_liam06

Wonder what Liam is going to think of that. They needed an LB, but...

Delighted with the pick. Wanted Reddick but Davis is a great pick for us, he's cleaner for a start so shouldn't have any off field issues.

Few analysts pegged him as the #1 LB prospect.

luckyBatistuta

Happy with that pick. Smith and O'Brien all in on Watson.

Thought you might be, didn't think they'd get him.

Delighted with the pick. Wanted Reddick but Davis is a great pick for us, he's cleaner for a start so shouldn't have any off field issues.

Few analysts pegged him as the #1 LB prospect.

It was a great watch, quite a few shocks. Couldn't believe it when Foster just kept falling.

hmfc_liam06

Thought you might be, didn't think they'd get him.

It was a great watch, quite a few shocks. Couldn't believe it when Foster just kept falling.

Seems his character has gone against him. Hopefully we can grab a DE tonight and that'll be our two biggest needs met.

luckyBatistuta

Seems his character has gone against him. Hopefully we can grab a DE tonight and that'll be our two biggest needs met.

Same, going to miss this one though

hmfc_liam06

Same, going to miss this one though

I've got an 8am tee off tomorrow morning, I'll maybe stay up for a wee while though.

Where do you think you'll go with tonights 2 picks?