• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Whilst I'd love to see the Packers address corners and an RB, Ted always has his philosophy of drafting the best players left on the board regardless of position. Not a bad approach, but I hope that any gaps not met via the draft are sorted in free agency quickly afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

Whilst I'd love to see the Packers address corners and an RB, Ted always has his philosophy of drafting the best players left on the board regardless of position. Not a bad approach, but I hope that any gaps not met via the draft are sorted in free agency quickly afterwards.

Packers maybe take a chance on Mixon, as the guy obviously has the talent. Would you be happy with that?

hmfc_liam06

Packers are on the slide my man!

luckyBatistuta

Packers being talked about as a possible fit for Mixon. Wonder if they'll be the ones to take a chance on him, as the guy obviously has the talent. Would you be happy with that?

Packers being talked about as a possible fit for Mixon. Wonder if they'll be the ones to take a chance on him, as the guy obviously has the talent. Would you be happy with that?

I would be. I'd like to think that Green Bay doesn't have the same distractions that somewhere like New York or Vegas would have, so if he is prepared to acknowledge his stupidity, put his past behind him and actually focus on football, then I'd be prepared to give him a shot. That said, I'm not buying into the retract of the allegation that came out a couple of days back, think Joe has probably agreed to give cash to the family to retract the allegations. Just hope he has screwed the nut since.

Packers are on the slide my man!

Nonsense. As long as Rodgers has the ball and there's fit receivers, now including a quality TE, then outscoring the opposition will continue.

luckyBatistuta

I would be. I'd like to think that Green Bay doesn't have the same distractions that somewhere like New York or Vegas would have, so if he is prepared to acknowledge his stupidity, put his past behind him and actually focus on football, then I'd be prepared to give him a shot. That said, I'm not buying into the retract of the allegation that came out a couple of days back, think Joe has probably agreed to give cash to the family to retract the allegations. Just hope he has screwed the nut since.

That's pretty much why they discussed Green Bay as being a good fit for him. Definitely not buying into that either.

luckyBatistuta

That's pretty much why they discussed Green Bay as being a good fit for him. Definitely not buying into that either.

A week until the draft. Shall we all do a mock top 10 draft, bag of nuts to whoever gets the most right?

luckyBatistuta

A week until the draft. Shall we all do a mock top 10 draft, bag of nuts to whoever gets the most right?

Im up for that, let's see who knows their stuff, or is just a lucky sod.

1/ Browns...Myles Garrett (DE)

2/ 49ers...Trade down with Panthers and take Marshon Lattimore (CB)

3/ Bears...Deshaun Watson (QB)

4/ Jaguars...Solomon Thomas (DE)

5/ Titans...Mike Williams (WR)

6/ Jets...Mitchell Trubisky (QB)

7/ Chargers...Jamal Adams (S)

8/ Panthers...Trade up with 49ers and take Leonard Fournette (RB)

9/ Bengals...Derek Barnett (DE)

10/ Bills...Corey Davis (WR)

luckyBatistuta

Week 1...

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 07TH

CHIEFS AT PATRIOTS

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH

JETS AT BILLS

EAGLES AT REDSKINS

RAIDERS AT TITANS

BUCCANEERS AT DOLPHINS

JAGUARS AT TEXANS

CARDINALS AT LIONS

FALCONS AT BEARS

RAVENS AT BENGALS

STEELERS AT BROWNS

COLTS AT RAMS

SEAHAWKS AT PACKERS

PANTHERS AT 49ERS

GIANTS AT COWBOYS

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11TH

SAINTS AT VIKINGS

CHARGERS AT BRONCOS

Looking forward to the week 1 Sunday night matchups of the Seahawks at the Packers and also the Giants at the Cowboys. Also looking forward to watching the Chargers at the Broncos on Monday night.

The Jaguars to get their first win on the board by beating the Texans at the NRG...you heard it here first :thumbsup:

luckyBatistuta

Alabama LB Reuben Foster reportedly failed drug test at NFL combine

According to NFL.com, the latest red flag for Foster ? Shutdown Corner?s No. 8 overall NFL draft prospect ? is that he failed a drug test at the NFL scouting combine. His urine sample came back diluted. According to the NFL?s policy and program for substances of abuse, Foster?s test is treated as a positive test and all 32 teams have been informed of the results.

Foster says food poisoning might have caused the diluted results ? points for originality on that one.

According to the result, he was ill prior to the combine and in lieu of taking IV fluids, as a doctor recommended, Foster took matters into his own hands and overdosed on ?water and Gatorade,? he said.

Foster, you might remember, was sent home from the combine after he got into a heated exchange with a hospital worker during the medical testing portion of the event after Foster had to wait for hours to be tested. He sent a letter apologizing for his actions to all 32 teams.

Foster was being tested there following rotator cuff surgery in his right shoulder that would have prevented him from working out at the combine, and he was not healthy enough to perform at his pro day the following week. Reports suggest that a medical recheck of the shoulder last week in Indianapolis indicate that a second surgery might be needed, further clouding his draft status.

?I?m doing everything I?m supposed to do, but no matter what I do, it doesn?t come out right,? he said.

On the field, he?s a tremendous prospect with instincts, range and hitting ability. Off the field ? and in the trainer?s room ? there are concerns. Could this top-10 player take a nosedive one week from Thursday night in the first round of the NFL draft? There are enough questions and concerns now where it would not be shocking.

Alabama LB Reuben Foster reportedly failed drug test at NFL combine

According to NFL.com, the latest red flag for Foster ? Shutdown Corner?s No. 8 overall NFL draft prospect ? is that he failed a drug test at the NFL scouting combine. His urine sample came back diluted. According to the NFL?s policy and program for substances of abuse, Foster?s test is treated as a positive test and all 32 teams have been informed of the results.

Foster says food poisoning might have caused the diluted results ? points for originality on that one.

According to the result, he was ill prior to the combine and in lieu of taking IV fluids, as a doctor recommended, Foster took matters into his own hands and overdosed on ?water and Gatorade,? he said.

Foster, you might remember, was sent home from the combine after he got into a heated exchange with a hospital worker during the medical testing portion of the event after Foster had to wait for hours to be tested. He sent a letter apologizing for his actions to all 32 teams.

Foster was being tested there following rotator cuff surgery in his right shoulder that would have prevented him from working out at the combine, and he was not healthy enough to perform at his pro day the following week. Reports suggest that a medical recheck of the shoulder last week in Indianapolis indicate that a second surgery might be needed, further clouding his draft status.

?I?m doing everything I?m supposed to do, but no matter what I do, it doesn?t come out right,? he said.

On the field, he?s a tremendous prospect with instincts, range and hitting ability. Off the field ? and in the trainer?s room ? there are concerns. Could this top-10 player take a nosedive one week from Thursday night in the first round of the NFL draft? There are enough questions and concerns now where it would not be shocking.

Reckon he'll still go top 20. Like Mixon, I'm not buying his story though.

Week 1...

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 07TH

CHIEFS AT PATRIOTS

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH

JETS AT BILLS

EAGLES AT REDSKINS

RAIDERS AT TITANS

BUCCANEERS AT DOLPHINS

JAGUARS AT TEXANS

CARDINALS AT LIONS

FALCONS AT BEARS

RAVENS AT BENGALS

STEELERS AT BROWNS

COLTS AT RAMS

SEAHAWKS AT PACKERS

PANTHERS AT 49ERS

GIANTS AT COWBOYS

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11TH

SAINTS AT VIKINGS

CHARGERS AT BRONCOS

Looking forward to the week 1 Sunday night matchups of the Seahawks at the Packers and also the Giants at the Cowboys. Also looking forward to watching the Chargers at the Broncos on Monday night.

The Jaguars to get their first win on the board by beating the Texans at the NRG...you heard it here first :thumbsup:

I'm sure we'll hear it again. Also look forward to the annual widespread tipping of the Jaguars as being "dark horses"...

Sexton Hardcastle

Raiders got one of the hardest schedules but that's the norm for AFC west teams.

Eagles on Christmas Day will be excellent viewing.

hmfc_liam06

Raiders v Titans is the pick of the bunch for me. I fancy the Titans to do something in the next few seasons, especially if they use their two first rounders wisely this year.

Sexton Hardcastle

I'll hazard a guess that the Browns pick twice in the top ten taking Garrett and a qb, probably the boy from NC.

Fournette to the jags seems obvious and the jets taking Watson also makes sense.

Interesting to see where Peppers falls to. Think he's going to be a great pick wherever he goes.

hmfc_liam06

I'll hazard a guess that the Browns pick twice in the top ten taking Garrett and a qb, probably the boy from NC.

Fournette to the jags seems obvious and the jets taking Watson also makes sense.

Interesting to see where Peppers falls to. Think he's going to be a great pick wherever he goes.

I can see the Bears picking up Adams @ 3.

alwaysthereinspirit

Patriots could be saddled with a cap hit for Hernandez due to him committing suicide while under an appeal for his first murder trial.

Patriots cancelled his contract because of the murder conviction. Now they may have to pay it to his family and take the cap hit on it again.

Unbelievable if this happens. Police confirming they are looking for no one else in connection with any of the three murders he was charged with.

Patriots could be saddled with a cap hit for Hernandez due to him committing suicide while under an appeal for his first murder trial.

Patriots cancelled his contract because of the murder conviction. Now they may have to pay it to his family and take the cap hit on it again.

Unbelievable if this happens. Police confirming they are looking for no one else in connection with any of the three murders he was charged with.

Shouldn't have signed him in the first place. Take risks signing scumbags, you will get your fingers burnt eventually.

Patriots could be saddled with a cap hit for Hernandez due to him committing suicide while under an appeal for his first murder trial.

Patriots cancelled his contract because of the murder conviction. Now they may have to pay it to his family and take the cap hit on it again.

Unbelievable if this happens. Police confirming they are looking for no one else in connection with any of the three murders he was charged with.

And quite right too, Goodell should fine them and make them forfeit two 1st rnd picks as well for Hernandez killing someone else (himself). Just because, well, just because. ;)

And ban Brady for not going to the White House. :lol:

alwaysthereinspirit

And quite right too, Goodell should fine them and make them forfeit two 1st rnd picks as well for Hernandez killing someone else (himself). Just because, well, just because. ;)

And ban Brady for not going to the White House. :lol:

:2thumbsup:  We'd probably still win it again. :toff:  Haters gonna hate.

J.T.F.Robertson

Might try and make it down for another one this season.

The Vikes is a possibility, early September, weather should be good. Would love the Patriots game but it will be fffreezing at that time, then there's the distinct possibility of defeat. :(

The Bears' game in Chicago appeals, (one flight from here, plus I have a mate there) but the wife wants to go to Pittsburgh again as she ended up ill for the duration the last time we were there.

Come to think of it, the Texans qualify on the flight count also.

Decisions, decisions.

Peterson has officially signed for the Saints. Hopefully he's as good as the all pro AP and not last seasons cameo AP.

Peterson has officially signed for the Saints. Hopefully he's as good as the all pro AP and not last seasons cameo AP.

Happy with that.  Going to the Saints v Dolphins game in London so hope to see him in the flesh. 

Happy with that. Going to the Saints v Dolphins game in London so hope to see him in the flesh.

Personally I'd like to see the child-abusing weirdo banned from entering the country.

Sexton Hardcastle

Draft day. Probably watch the top ten picks tonight as off tomorrow.

Hopefully get a trade to spice things up.

luckyBatistuta

Draft day. Probably watch the top ten picks tonight as off tomorrow.

Hopefully get a trade to spice things up.

Looking forward to it, going to watch it too. As you say, hopefully some trades and also a few of us watching and get a chat during it :2thumbsup:

Sexton Hardcastle

Browns to pass on Garrett and go for Trubisky.

Or take both with a trade up. That's what I'm half expecting.

luckyBatistuta

No chance imo, why would anyone pass on Garrett. They can trade up after Garrett and still get him.

hmfc_liam06

No chance imo, why would anyone pass on Garrett. They can trade up after Garrett and still get him.

Read a few articles, not quite slating Garrett, but saying he isn't anywhere near the level you expect from a first overall pick. Plenty splash plays but never dominates.

hmfc_liam06

Obviously there are plenty reports with the opposite view point but the way folk rave about him I wouldn't t have expected to see so many negative reports.

Who knows, we'll see tonight.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta

Read a few articles, not quite slating Garrett, but saying he isn't anywhere near the level you expect from a first overall pick. Plenty splash plays but never dominates.

Can't see it, but you've just made the 1st pick that little bit more interesting now...you watching it?

hmfc_liam06

Can't see it, but you've just made the 1st pick that little bit more interesting now...you watching it?

I don't think it's cut and dry, they may end up taking Garrett but I just have a feeling they're going to go Trubisky. Both the Browns and Niners have been bluffing over the last few weeks too with their intentions.

I won't be, by the time it actually starts I'll be well bedded.

luckyBatistuta

I don't think it's cut and dry, they may end up taking Garrett but I just have a feeling they're going to go Trubisky. Both the Browns and Niners have been bluffing over the last few weeks too with their intentions.

I won't be, by the time it actually starts I'll be well bedded.

Ah shame, we'll all know soon though.

luckyBatistuta

Shall we all do a mock top 10 draft, bag of nuts to whoever gets the most right?

Right, c'mon everybody. Let's see what you've got for tonight,

Especially you Kendoll, your idea.

Here was mine...

1/ Browns...Myles Garrett (DE)

2/ 49ers...Trade down with Panthers and take Marshon Lattimore (CB)

3/ Bears...Deshaun Watson (QB)

4/ Jaguars...Solomon Thomas (DE)

5/ Titans...Mike Williams (WR)

6/ Jets...Mitchell Trubisky (QB)

7/ Chargers...Jamal Adams (S)

8/ Panthers...Trade up with 49ers and take Leonard Fournette (RB)

9/ Bengals...Derek Barnett (DE)

10/ Bills...Corey Davis (WR)

hmfc_liam06

Im not buying any of this 'people close to'

Why would any franchise let their intentions known at this stage, so that another can work around it and screw them.

Who can screw the Browns from taking whoever they want with the 1.01 pick?

luckyBatistuta

Who can screw the Browns from taking whoever they want with the 1.01 pick?

Nobody, I meant any teams in general letting their intentions known, why would they???...unless the Browns are hoping for someone else whose desperate for Trubisky offering them even more picks.

hmfc_liam06

Nobody, I meant any teams in general letting their intentions known, why would they???...unless the Browns are hoping for someone else whose desperate for Trubisky offering them even more picks.

That was my thoughts too. 

The thing is, I don't even get the hype around the kid. None of the QB's do much for me this year - apart from a 3rd/4th round flier who shall remain nameless ahead of our dynasty draft :lol:

luckyBatistuta

That was my thoughts too. 

The thing is, I don't even get the hype around the kid. None of the QB's do much for me this year - apart from a 3rd/4th round flier who shall remain nameless ahead of our dynasty draft :lol:

What...can I pick folk from this draft in our draft?