**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

hmfc_liam06

Wow thats early in a normal re draft league !!

Liam are you doing the redraft league again this year ?

If guys are up for it. Wasn't sure if folk would be with pretty much the same guys forming the dynasty league.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

If guys are up for it. Wasn't sure if folk would be with pretty much the same guys forming the dynasty league.

I definitely would be

hmfc_liam06

Yet to get a qb and there's hee haw left.

Screwed.

Could be some interesting trade offers coming from Camp Mack...

I definitely would be

So would I 

luckyBatistuta

I'm keen like, as long as we get 8.

Think my mate would be interested in that if anyone wasn't interested, but don't know how you'd work that.

hmfc_liam06

Think my mate would be interested in that if anyone wasn't interested, but don't know how you'd work that.

If all 10 from last year sign up and your mate is keen, I'll get a 12th :thumbsup:

luckyBatistuta

Just wait til folk start picking up their bench QB...

When I read this, I thought gtf Liam, you might have screwed my next pick :lol:

Getting who I wanted though

luckyBatistuta

If all 10 from last year sign up and your mate is keen, I'll get a 12th :thumbsup:

Good bud, I'll ask him :thumbsup:

luckyBatistuta

Got the 12th already :lol:

Just phoned him at his work to ask him if he's up for it and he is :thumbsup:

I don't think he's too happy with me though, as I know he will be struggling to make a pick at his work, so I should have held off a little while with my pick, so he had time to get home and make his.

I've put him right on the spot now, some mate me :facepalm:

hmfc_liam06

Just phoned him at his work to ask him if he's up for it and he is :thumbsup:

I don't think he's too happy with me though, as I know he will be struggling to make a pick at his work, so I should have held off a little while with my pick, so he had time to get home and make his.

I've put him right on the spot now, some mate me :facepalm:

If you can find out who he wants, PM me and I'll make the pick for him.

hmfc_liam06

Although now that you've said he's working it's no big deal time wise, the time limit is really there for those taking the piss!

luckyBatistuta

If you can find out who he wants, PM me and I'll make the pick for him.

I told him that bud, but he says he's going to make his pick so that he leaves himself enough time to get home for his next one.

hmfc_liam06

Down to my favourite part of the draft, when you see how people value less glamorous players. The first few rounds are a given player wise but here's where you get the reaches.

Love drafting!

First dynasty draft for me so trying to work out the balance between rookies and less glam pro's.

Like the slow draft as well 

hmfc_liam06

First dynasty draft for me so trying to work out the balance between rookies and less glam pro's.

Like the slow draft as well 

Slow drafts work so much better when people are all spread out across the country. Nightmare trying to arrange a night where we'd all be available. Plus with it taking longer it feels more involved. Live drafts are done too quick for me.

Nucky Thompson

I'm losing track of what leagues are now posting on this thread :uhoh2:  It's not the original kickback or 5-1 leagues posting anymore

hmfc_liam06

I'm losing track of what leagues are now posting on this thread :uhoh2:  It's not the original kickback or 5-1 leagues posting anymore

Other than chasing folk, I don't think I've seen any posts about the Kickback Dynasty on here in years. It's pretty much an NFL free for all thread.

luckyBatistuta

Other than chasing folk, I don't think I've seen any posts about the Kickback Dynasty on here in years. It's pretty much an NFL free for all thread.

Its just an NFL free for all you say. Oh, ok then...if anybody on here is new to the NFL, the Patriots are perennial cheating barstewards, just ask Gisele :wink:

hmfc_liam06

Its just an NFL free for all you say. Oh, ok then...if anybody on here is new to the NFL, the Patriots are perennial cheating barstewards, just ask Gisele :wink:

I kindly asked an admin if we could possibly have a thread name change. There's barely any old league chat and hopefully it'll encourage other NFL fans to post as the title thread could be seen as misleading as to the content within the thread.

I'm sure the OP won't mind...seeing as he's not on JKB anymore!

Yes, has always really been more of a general NFL thread. Never sure if the need of much discussion on here about a league already up and running.

luckyBatistuta

I kindly asked an admin if we could possibly have a thread name change. There's barely any old league chat and hopefully it'll encourage other NFL fans to post as the title thread could be seen as misleading as to the content within the thread.

I'm sure the OP won't mind...seeing as he's not on JKB anymore!

Good man, how you liking your draft pick in the Kickabowl? You'll get a couple of picks close together.

My mate was quite happy that he's got 1st pick, but he's got a long old wait for another after that with 12

Edited by luckyBatistuta

hmfc_liam06

Good man, how you liking your draft pick in the Kickabowl? You'll get a couple of picks close together.

My mate was quite happy that he's got 1st pick, but he's got a long old wait for another after that with 12

Ah has he joined? I hadn't even noticed, was out last night (hence the couple hours to make my picks).

hmfc_liam06

Yes, has always really been more of a general NFL thread. Never sure if the need of much discussion on here about a league already up and running.

That's what I was thinking. Most league discussion goes on within the leagues chat/messaging functions surely?

hmfc_liam06

Just had a look. The draft order usually automatically randomises but it appears not this time, by the looks of it it's gone on last years finishing order.

I'll need to randomise it myself...I seriously better not get first overall again!!

Nucky Thompson

First home game of the season at Meggatland for the Edinburgh Wolves this Saturday (2.30pm). Decent start to their first season in the Premier League, with a win, loss and tie so far. The loss (at home, but Peffermill, not at Meggatland) and tie (away) came against East Kilbride, where they lost 4th quarter leads to let slip the wins. Tough game on Saturday for them though, against one of the best teams in the country in Tamworth Phoenix.

Are you heading along today? Should be a win for the Wolves

Hopefully the rain goes off

PortyJambo

Are you heading along today? Should be a win for the Wolves

Hopefully the rain goes off

Probably, just a shame the weather couldn't be better. Should be a win as you say, Lancashire are looking one of the favourites for relegation so far.

Nucky Thompson

Probably, just a shame the weather couldn't be better. Should be a win as you say, Lancashire are looking one of the favourites for relegation so far.

I'm glad I went. The sun even came out in the 2nd half.

41-20 when down 7-20 at half time. Turnovers and flags killed the Wolves in the first half but total discipline and good offence turned it.

There are no easy games in the Premier

PortyJambo

I'm glad I went. The sun even came out in the 2nd half.

41-20 when down 7-20 at half time. Turnovers and flags killed the Wolves in the first half but total discipline and good offence turned it.

There are no easy games in the Premier

Just back from the game, was regretting going after that sloppy first half, but great second half from them, enjoyed it. Edited by Louis Litt

Nucky Thompson

Just back from the game, was regretting going after that sloppy first half, but great second half from them, enjoyed it.

Merseyside at home in two weeks. I won't take it for granted but looking for another win. Playoffs in the first Premier season is doable. Go Wolves

hmfc_liam06

Just traded away the 1.02 pick in an IDP dynasty I'm in.

I owned the 1.02 and 1.06 picks. Bagged the 1.09, a 2018 1st round pick and TY Hilton for the 1.02.

I now have FOUR 2018 1st round picks!

Praying the 3 guys I have picks from finish in the bottom 3 this season :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
luckyBatistuta

Anyone see Kyle Brandt's 'Make The KAYse for biggest Super Bowl on GMFB on NFL Network. He made the KAYse for Mark Wahlberg and it was hilarious. If you get a chance, you should definitely give it a watch.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Nucky Thompson

Live American football at Meggatland 2.30pm tomorrow. Beer, BBQ and the weather might even be decent

PortyJambo

Live American football at Meggatland 2.30pm tomorrow. Beer, BBQ and the weather might even be decent

Well, that was an exciting finish to that game! Wolves win 41-36, after scoring the go-ahead TD with less than a minute to go...then Merseyside driving in 40 secs to the redzone again and finally being intercepted in the endzone with 1 sec on the clock.

Nucky Thompson

Well, that was an exciting finish to that game! Wolves win 41-36, after scoring the go-ahead TD with less than a minute to go...then Merseyside driving in 40 secs to the redzone again and finally being intercepted in the endzone with 1 sec on the clock.

I really enjoyed that. Two turnovers the fist two offensive drives and two goal line stands by the defence to concede zero points.

That's what you call an end to end game

PortyJambo

I really enjoyed that. Two turnovers the fist two offensive drives and two goal line stands by the defence to concede zero points.

That's what you call an end to end game

That Merseyside QB had a strong arm, and combined with blown coverages, he was completing 30-40 yd passes at will. You just knew that they still might come back in that last minute.

Nucky Thompson

That Merseyside QB had a strong arm, and combined with blown coverages, he was completing 30-40 yd passes at will. You just knew that they still might come back in that last minute.

During the warm ups before the game, I noticed their QB pinging passes deep to his number 10 who hardly dropped one.

I said to my son that I hope the Wolves coaches were watching that

There is a team available in the 5-1 Dynasty League, its got a lot of quality in the roster - Bell, Johnson, Gurley, Bryant, Robinson and Cooks, so a great situation for anyone to take over.

Here's the link to it

http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=36505&O=07&F=0003

Once we get a new owner, the rookie draft will get up and running right away, so the sooner, the better. Its a paid league, so ?5.35 for the season. If anyone is interested, give me a shout and it will be first one to respond and pay that gets the team.

Odds on favourite to win the league as well!

luckyBatistuta

Thought something exciting had happened since i had watched the NFL Network this afternoon :sad:

hmfc_liam06

Jets actively trying to trade Decker, will release him if no partner found.

Guaranteed first overall pick next season.

KineticBeat

Jets actively trying to trade Decker, will release him if no partner found.

Guaranteed first overall pick next season.

Have to be. That roster wasn't looking strong at the start of the off-season and it's been decimated. 

hmfc_liam06

Have to be. That roster wasn't looking strong at the start of the off-season and it's been decimated. 

I read this morning, they only have 4 players over 30.

The new Browns?

luckyBatistuta

Decker has not been fully fit for a while and still isn't I think. Don't get the point of them offloading veterans though and then trying to get Steve Smith. They really are a shambles.