**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Geoff Kilpatrick

I used the pre-draft up to the 12th round, except for the 9th because I have 3 picks and I'm bound to feck something up!

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

I used the pre-draft up to the 12th round, except for the 9th because I have 3 picks and I'm bound to feck something up!

No worries, you're usually very quick at picking anyway.

Sterling Archer

Invernessies must have a major hangover :whistling:

I popped him a text about quarter past 3 just asking roughly when we can expect his pick. We had a really productive day yesterday and we're almost a third of the way through the draft!

Been out the loop the last few days as I've barely been online but interesting to see how things are progressing. I should have just traded all my future picks for this year, just in case there's a shut out in the NFL next season :D

Sterling Archer

Been out the loop the last few days as I've barely been online but interesting to see how things are progressing. I should have just traded all my future picks for this year, just in case there's a shut out in the NFL next season :D

I'll take your 2011 1st off your hands. :lol:

There's supposed to be a huge number of top quality WR's and QB's coming out next year. Off the top of my head:

QB's:

Jake Locker

Andrew Luck

Ryan Mallett

RB's:

Mark Ingram

Jacquizz Rodgers

WR's:

AJ Green

Michael Floyd

Julio Jones

Jonathan Baldwin

All these guys could go 1st round of the NFL Draft!

Just to let you know, there will still be an NFL draft next year and so we'll still hold a rookie draft regardless of lockouts.

Someone will have to explain to the less knowledgeable guys on here :whistling: why there wouldn't be an NFL draft? And what is meant by a lockout in the NFL?

Sterling Archer

Someone will have to explain to the less knowledgeable guys on here :whistling: why there wouldn't be an NFL draft? And what is meant by a lockout in the NFL?

Here you go mate.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10847836

Quite complicated but things don't look good at the moment. It's in the owners interest to have a lockout at the moment.

Sterling Archer

I'm currently searching for the smiley that indicates that all that went straight over my head :lol:

Essentially as all revenue in the NFL is shared an agreement has to be in place to govern how it is split. This agreement is coming to an end, the players are happy to extend it at the current rates etc but the owners want the players to help cover the costs of new stadiums etc. So many things being argued over and so many implications but this is the reason that 2010 will be an uncapped year.

Essentially as all revenue in the NFL is shared an agreement has to be in place to govern how it is split. This agreement is coming to an end, the players are happy to extend it at the current rates etc but the owners want the players to help cover the costs of new stadiums etc. So many things being argued over and so many implications but this is the reason that 2010 will be an uncapped year.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Forsett was who I was waiting for :down:

Pretty chuffed to get him, thought about taking him with my last pick. Big gamble as he may not even start but there is potential for a breakout year from him. 619 yards last year, with a 5.4 avg, and has Julius Jones (who is pish) for competition.

Sterling Archer

I just noticed Chris Henry is still on the player list, update needed!

Think he's there for historical data purposes at the moment. This draft will get archived so that if we're still going in 5 years we'll be able to go back and look at it as well as trades and league results.

Went to take the dog out and when I checked my mail about 8 picks had been made, we're really rolling now.

On the subject of Forsett I'd be surprised if Marshawn Lynch isn't in Seattle before the season starts but think Forsett has more than enough ability to be a good change of pace back and receiving option.

I'll take your 2011 1st off your hands. :lol:

There's supposed to be a huge number of top quality WR's and QB's coming out next year. Off the top of my head:

QB's:

Jake Locker

Andrew Luck

Ryan Mallett

RB's:

Mark Ingram

Jacquizz Rodgers

WR's:

AJ Green

Michael Floyd

Julio Jones

Jonathan Baldwin

All these guys could go 1st round of the NFL Draft!

Just to let you know, there will still be an NFL draft next year and so we'll still hold a rookie draft regardless of lockouts.

:lol: I'll pass on the offer for now, I should have done that earlier to spice things up some more!

It would make a good change to see so many offensive weapons going early rather than the last few years when it's mainly been defensive players or offensive tackles. Jacquizz Rodgers could be the best NFL name since D'Brickashaw Ferguson!

That must be the quickest run of picks yet. Now just got to wait for another 23 before I can go again.

We'll see how my gamble on two old injury prone running backs goes for a year or two.

Sterling Archer

That must be the quickest run of picks yet. Now just got to wait for another 23 before I can go again.

We'll see how my gamble on two old injury prone running backs goes for a year or two.

That's twice tonight I've checked only to realise about 7 picks have been made.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I need a rethink. I'm removing my 8th round list to see what happens here.

Sterling Archer

I need a rethink. I'm removing my 8th round list to see what happens here.

No worries. Got through so many picks in such a short space of time last night.

I get the feeling that when we get to the 300-400th players being drafted predraft selection might be used a bit more

Geoff Kilpatrick

No worries. Got through so many picks in such a short space of time last night.

I get the feeling that when we get to the 300-400th players being drafted predraft selection might be used a bit more

Indeed. Tom selecting a defense is very interesting and unexpected. I had planned to take Ricky Williams in this round but that isn't happening now.

Sterling Archer

Indeed. Tom selecting a defense is very interesting and unexpected. I had planned to take Ricky Williams in this round but that isn't happening now.

Yeah, looking at my list it's a bit of a cluster**** now. So many guys that are pretty even and could become stars or could fade to absolutely nothing! :lol:

Also think D's are too unpredictable for my liking. Just looking at the scoring and in 2008 S.F were 26th and then they were 1st in 2009!

Edited by The Holy Spirit

If your looking at defence here is some interesting stats from last year.

TEAM ADP PREFORMED

STEELERS 1 16

GIANTS 2 26

RAVENS 3 5

TITANS 4 23

EAGLES 5 4

VIKINGS 6 10

JETS 7 2

BRONCOS 8 8

PACKERS 9 6

BEARS 10 20

Sterling Archer

If your looking at defence here is some interesting stats from last year.

TEAM ADP PREFORMED

STEELERS 1 16

GIANTS 2 26

RAVENS 3 5

TITANS 4 23

EAGLES 5 4

VIKINGS 6 10

JETS 7 2

BRONCOS 8 8

PACKERS 9 6

BEARS 10 20

That's why I'm waiting! :lol:

Sterling Archer

Source: Jackson suspended by NFLEmail Print Comments1 By Adam Schefter

The NFL suspended San Diego Chargers Pro Bowl wide receiver Vincent Jackson three games for violating the league's personal conduct policy, a league source said Thursday.

The three-game suspension can be reduced upon appeal, but it is uncertain whether Jackson will appeal. He pleaded guilty in February to driving under the influence, his second conviction.

Jackson's suspension could be a moot point, however. He has been planning to not report to the Chargers unless he signs a long-term contract extension that nobody believes is forthcoming.

If the season begins and Jackson has not reported to the team, then he would be suspended for three games that he wouldn't have played in anyway.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

Sterling Archer

Anyone looking for a wide receiver? I might have a spare Pro-Bowler... :whistling:

You'll be sorted in the long term, he could be headed to the capital very shortly.

You'll be sorted in the long term, he could be headed to the capital very shortly.

Hi can you pass that trade that was offered to me.

Sterling Archer

It's been a very quiet day, if gordon picks tonight, forester will autopick and then we'll be waiting till tomorrow for invernessies as he's on holiday!

Nucky Thompson

It's been a very quiet day, if gordon picks tonight, forester will autopick and then we'll be waiting till tomorrow for invernessies as he's on holiday!

Invernessies was on a couple of hours ago and must have realised there was only two in front of him. I thought he would have used the Pre-Draft facility :rolleyes:

Sterling Archer

Invernessies was on a couple of hours ago and must have realised there was only two in front of him. I thought he would have used the Pre-Draft facility :rolleyes:

Yeah that was a bit disappointing. Hopefully Gordon picks tonight as he can't pick during the day.

Sterling Archer

Picked. Getting good at this (timing wise) 7 picks in

8th Round is probably slightly better value for the Jets D than the second. :lol:

Sterling Archer

That's 5 picks done today!

Just need to hope that Geoff's still up to watch the Holland Brazil game and then we're rolling.

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's 5 picks done today!

Just need to hope that Geoff's still up to watch the Holland Brazil game and then we're rolling.

Well, I ended up picking Maroney - last chance saloon!

I'm watching the match from my bed but I've made my pre-draft choices for Round 9 now!

Sterling Archer

Well, I ended up picking Maroney - last chance saloon!

I'm watching the match from my bed but I've made my pre-draft choices for Round 9 now!

Was reading some discussion on Maroney this morning. The facts are:

1. He was a 1st round pick

2. He's the youngest guy there (Taylor, Faulk and Sammy Morris are all old)

3. NE didn't bring in ANYONE during the offseason to compete.

I like his chances. I do also like the guy known as "the law firm" or "boston legal" - BenJarvus Green Ellis.

Sterling Archer

Defences are such a lottery, I think I'll chose mine last :)

Do you mean last out of the 16 teams or in the 25th round?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was expecting to be halfway through the 9th by now. Where is everyone?

Sterling Archer

I was expecting to be halfway through the 9th by now. Where is everyone?

I'm looking to trade my 9.05 for either a late 10th and early 11th or an early 10th and early 12th.

I'm looking to trade my 9.05 for either a late 10th and early 11th or an early 10th and early 12th.

Sent you one..

Sterling Archer

Sent you one..

Let me sit on it a bit, very tempted though

Hi holy, this might sound like a daft question, but does the .05 per reception count for RB and TE as well.

Sterling Archer

Hi holy, this might sound like a daft question, but does the .05 per reception count for RB and TE as well.

Yeah, suppose it would count for a Qb in the wildcat too if he happened to catch a pass