**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

You do need a RB. And Cutler is only a back up for you.

For what it's worth I gave it a good hour or so thinking about if it was a good trade for me or not before I accepted it. My own thoughts is that Cutler is never likely to be a starter for either of our teams, where as Bush will have more chance of playing during bye weeks/injury fillers and flex plays. Even if he has the same limited role he had at the Raiders, he will get 10 touches/goaline carries and receptions each game.

Is this a trade that in your eyes you think is completely one sided and something you wouldn't have normally done?

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Nah was looking at it the other day, as you said now that I have Romo, Cutler was always going to be back up and I'd rather have a flex Rb who will score points. Good deal for both of us.

Nah was looking at it the other day, as you said now that I have Romo, Cutler was always going to be back up and I'd rather have a flex Rb who will score points. Good deal for both of us.

I can go sell him on for a profit then? :lol:

I'm looking to pick up a couple of mid 1st round picks. If anyone is interested in trading drop me an offer with what you'd want for them.

Nobody?

:sob:

I'm looking for one or two good WRs and 1st/2nd round draft picks. Anyone on my team is available if the right offer comes in.

At your prices??

Naw.

:blink:

My prices?

Going by some of the deals I've seen over the last few days I'm nowhere near the worst.

e- If someone has an issue with an offer I've made, counter it to let me know where you are and maybe we work something out if we're not miles off.

Edited by P-Dizzle

Isaac Clarke

There HAS been a few trades recently that've made me go:

:what:

Edited by JamboTaylor

Rick Grimes

:blink:

My prices?

Going by some of the deals I've seen over the last few days I'm nowhere near the worst.

e- If someone has an issue with an offer I've made, counter it to let me know where you are and maybe we work something out if we're not miles off.

You bite far too easy :lol:

Rick Grimes

Oooh, no sure about the Dolphins one at all. We'll end up looking looking like Aquaman, crappest of all the superheros.

Rick Grimes

Would prefer just an aqua shirt & an orange for special occasions. Not entirely convinced we need to merge the colours at all.

I'd imagine the Stateside "real fans" are probably having similar debates to our annual "dark maroon with no foofery" extravanganzas.

Isaac Clarke
ESPN 96.1 in Michigan reports that Lions RB Mikel Leshoure is being arraigned Monday in a Berrien County Court on marijuana possession charges. 96.1 report notes also that this is Leshoure's "second offense" in two months, Leshoure's two recent arrests for marijuana possession occurred on February 18 and March 12.

On March 12, Leshoure was pulled over by police and allegedly "tried to eat the weed" to avoid an additional charge. Leshoure can almost certainly expect a league-imposed suspension at some point in 2012.

:facepalm:

Edited by JamboTaylor

:lol:

The drug policy in US and NFL is absurd. Weed will do nothing to improve a players performance and the laws against it are demonstrably retarded.

In other news, Larry's backfield takes another hit.

Rick Grimes

Good news for Jahvid Best if he can run more than once without concussing himself...

Isaac Clarke

In other news, Larry's backfield takes another hit.

I think he should trade one of his better WR's for a RB.

Like Jamaal Charles or somebody...

Edited by JamboTaylor

I think he should trade one of his better WR's for a RB.

Like Jamaal Charles or somebody...

I'd take Charles off your hands.

There's only so much you can do with the NFL shirts tbh.

Do you play in any FF leagues Brothers?

Isaac Clarke

Are we doing what we did last year?

The first 3 rounds of our rookie draft, then the last few a couple months later?

Edited by JamboTaylor

The first 3 rounds of our rookie draft, then the last few a couple months later?

I hope so. I assume it will be on same basis as last year although not sure if that is written in the rules.

Seattle is the only one that looks discernably different from Reebok :lol:

I can't see any difference at all in the home shirt I've seen for the Texans. Am hoping the missus can load up on freebies from the old Reebok stock.

Geoff Kilpatrick

There's only 5 rounds this year so get it over with as quickly as possible, I say.

There's only 5 rounds this year so get it over with as quickly as possible, I say.

I'd second that.

I disagree. Firstly, the early 4th round picks have extra value if there is a delay, and I traded based on the expectation of the delay being in place again.

Secondly, I see no reason to get the draft done quickly. The season is months away.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I disagree. Firstly, the early 4th round picks have extra value if there is a delay, and I traded based on the expectation of the delay being in place again.

Secondly, I see no reason to get the draft done quickly. The season is months away.

My thinking is based on pick now and when the cuts come, it makes the waiver wire more interesting.

For example, I could pick a developmental RB and have to cut either that player or someone like Ronnie Brown.

I'd be happy to delay the draft if we could do it in one go.

e- Value of the picks is the same, just depends on how well you've scouted your picks.

Edited by P-Dizzle

My thinking is based on pick now and when the cuts come, it makes the waiver wire more interesting.

For example, I could pick a developmental RB and have to cut either that player or someone like Ronnie Brown.

Fair dues, but I feel any changes to the format should be made well in advance.

I'd be happy to delay the draft if we could do it in one go.

e- Value of the picks is the same, just depends on how well you've scouted your picks.

I''d argue what happens in the close season in real life has a big influence on value, and I believe the delay means the early 4th round picks are worth more than the later picks in the first three rounds.

Isaac Clarke

If we do it all in in one go it should be from NEXT season.

I've made trades under the assumption that they'll be a split, with the later rounds taking place after/during training camp.

If we do it all in in one go it should be from NEXT season.

I've made trades under the assumption that they'll be a split, with the later rounds taking place after/during training camp.

Exactly. I am happy to go with any changes that the majority want, but they need to be done with enough warning.

Rick Grimes

With Peebo and Taylor on this. Once the draft is complete we can vote on changes though I'm not sure we need any at all.

The door will always remain open for him to make a return home :thumbsup:

You can always offer a starting WR for your hero :thumbsup:

Not sure about the Broncos new jersey, would have been better to stay with the blue than the orange.

Meant to say I'm happy to go with the delay in the draft after the 3rd.

With another trade soon to be confirmed, I'll have another 2nd round pick in the top 10, so would have seven in total. Willing to see what people would offer for a few of them. Would need to be for a good quality starter, not interested in backups as I would rather take the chance on the rookie instead of an old backup.

Meant to say I'm happy to go with the delay in the draft after the 3rd.

With another trade soon to be confirmed, I'll have another 2nd round pick in the top 10, so would have seven in total. Willing to see what people would offer for a few of them. Would need to be for a good quality starter, not interested in backups as I would rather take the chance on the rookie instead of an old backup.

The Steamers would be interested in a second round pick. However, depending on your definition, I'm unsure if I would be willing to give up many players you'd consider starters for a pick that low. Feel free to take a look at my trade bait, although I'd want a first for a few of them.

Isaac Clarke
Yahoo Sports' Michael Silver has obtained audio of Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams instructing his defenders to physically injure 49ers offensive players during the clubs' 2011 playoff game.

The audio was captured by filmmaker Sean Pamphilon, who was doing a documentary on former Saints S Steve Gleason in his battle back from ALS. Gleason was on the sideline during the game. Williams speaks of dealing 49ers QB Alex Smith a "remember me" shot, re-injuring 49ers PR Kyle Williams, and hitting 49ers RB Frank Gore in the head during pileups. Williams wanted WR Michael Crabtree to suffer a debilitating injury. "We need to decide whether Crabtree wants to be a fake-ass prima donna or he wants to be a tough guy," Williams said. "We need to find that out, and he becomes human when you [expletive] take out that outside ACL."

Williams sounds like a great guy...

You can always offer a starting WR for your hero :thumbsup:

Not sure about the Broncos new jersey, would have been better to stay with the blue than the orange.

I'll just wait until you cut him, and pick him up on waivers :thumbsup: