**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Redskins complete a trade with the Rams to move into the No2 slot in the draft.

RGIII in DC!

:interesting:

I think that's a crazy amount to give up, especially when it's only moving up 4 spots to get them. Maybe 2 first rounders but not 3. Will be interesting to see if it pays off or not.

Better no say anything in case I upset anyone...but it does look like it's between the Broncos and Dolphins...although I think I saw the Chiefs are the only ones to actually have made an offer.

Getting the chance to get Manning would be surreal, never thought it would happen and considering he stayed over a day, it's a huge chance now. If they get him, I'm still worried about his health and there's no way of telling how long he might be able to play. It is a huge gamble from that point of view but if he's healthy, it ends up being one of the biggest steals ever. It's a chance the Broncos probably have to take, even though I don't think they currently have a team capable of getting to a Superbowl which I think could be the main sticking point. The one big thing in their favour is they have a lot of cap room and could go all in with free agency to try and have a go. Although I'm surprised that teams who are nearer a Superbowl aren't wanting him rather than teams like the Broncos, Cardinals and Dolphins.

If they manage to get him, then they should keep Tebow as there's the question mark about Manning's neck and it can't hurt to learn from one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

Out of interest, would you not want the Texans to go after Manning? I know they have Schaub but someone like Manning could be the missing piece in the jigsaw that could not only get them to a Superbowl but win it. From what I've read, if he had the choice of any team in the NFL, that's where he would go.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

What would people's thoughts have been if this had gone through?

Chris Johnson

Fred Davis

2013 2nd

for

AJ Green

Marcedes Lewis

I think it's a very fair trade, but I do like people's individual takes on trades after they've gone through as it's always interesting to see how people value players.

I personally like the Green side of this one :thumbsup:

No doubt CJ will post better FF numbers for the next couple of years. But I would much prefer having the full career of Green over any RB, outside the Big 3. Everyone will have their own view on the dynasty value of the two, but I personally don't even think it's close. The other part of the deal isn't enough to make me want to change my mind.

I much prefer WR's over RB's. I don't expect anyone will agree with me....But in a new dynasty start up, outside of McCoy/Foster/Rice, there would probably be about 15 WRs I would prefer to draft, before I took whoever I rank as the 4th/5th/6th RBs. That's why if I ever did decide to accept an offer for Green, the main piece of the deal would likely have to involve at least one top 15 WR.

Don't agree with your valuation of Johnson. He's an elite RB and the problems of last season will be sorted for next year. I think it was a fair offer as you could've done with a top RB and I wanted some more quality at WR, I'm not that disappointed that you didn't accept it as McCoy/Johnson starting two should give me a reliable haul of points next season.

Don't agree with your valuation of Johnson. He's an elite RB and the problems of last season will be sorted for next year. I think it was a fair offer as you could've done with a top RB and I wanted some more quality at WR, I'm not that disappointed that you didn't accept it as McCoy/Johnson starting two should give me a reliable haul of points next season.

I agree that he's bound to bounce back, and will likely be in the top 5RB's for FF points this year. It's not that I don't rate CJ or think that after one poor season that he is done. But it's just my own preference for WRs over RBs.

What would people's thoughts have been if this had gone through?

Chris Johnson

Fred Davis

2013 2nd

for

AJ Green

Marcedes Lewis

I think it's a very fair trade, but I do like people's individual takes on trades after they've gone through as it's always interesting to see how people value players.

Would go with the Green side because Johnson might only have another year or two of great production, plus Davis will always be a bit of a risk although he gains a lot in value with Griffin as his QB now. But if Cooley stays, he might get receptions/td's taken away from him.

Green will only get better and he's a huge talent as it is already. Lewis can't be any worse than he was last year and the 2nd rounders pretty much cancel each other out.

Out of interest, would you not want the Texans to go after Manning? I know they have Schaub but someone like Manning could be the missing piece in the jigsaw that could not only get them to a Superbowl but win it. From what I've read, if he had the choice of any team in the NFL, that's where he would go.

In short, no. The Texans priorities should be keeping Super Mario and getting another decent Wide Receiver. I firmly believe that if Schaub hadn't got injured, the Texans would have had a great chance of winning the Superbowl last season.

Clearly, Manning at his peak would have been an improvement for just about any team. It's far from certain whether he will get back to that level. I haven't read or heard any suggestions that Schaub won't be fine and fully recovered by next season. It would take a pretty bold move to change around a very good, settled offence to accommodate a Manning, who may never get back to anywhere near his best, and is closer to 40 than 30.

If, however, a team is sitting with someone like Tim Tebow as their best option at QB, I would definitely think it is worth a punt for them

Geoff Kilpatrick

Talking of Manning, Rich Eisen is tweeting that if Manning goes to Denver, Tebow will be on his way to Jacksonville!

If that transpires, I don't think I'll be trading the 1.02 pick!!

Talking of Manning, Rich Eisen is tweeting that if Manning goes to Denver, Tebow will be on his way to Jacksonville!

If that transpires, I don't think I'll be trading the 1.02 pick!!

He'd certainly sell a fair few shirts there and boost attendances...

All the stuff with Manning is crazy, you don't quite know what's coming next.

Apparently he's supposed to meet the Dolphins soon and there's the possibility of the Titans as well. The Cardinals have just cut their LT to get back under the cap, plus they can get rid of Kolb as well to help give them more money available.

My worry from Denver's point of view is that if it drags on, free agency starts tomorrow and with over $40 million available, they might miss out on other players, especially on defence, waiting to find out what happens. That's not a problem if they end up getting Manning but if they miss out on him, they might also miss out on other players they might want.

Moss signs with the 49ers. Pleased to see my 2nd round pick back in action :rolleyes:

And, who would have thunk it, but there appears to be a bit of a market for Josh Morgan...in real life and in fantasy land...

In our league, looks like 8 have voted against the idea of introducing "minimum activity" rules, so I guess that idea can't get a majority and should be shelved for a while.

Moss signs with the 49ers. Pleased to see my 2nd round pick back in action :rolleyes:

And, who would have thunk it, but there appears to be a bit of a market for Josh Morgan...in real life and in fantasy land...

In our league, looks like 8 have voted against the idea of introducing "minimum activity" rules, so I guess that idea can't get a majority and should be shelved for a while.

It was always bollocks. This thing is supposed to be fun, and the fact that it seemed to be introduced off the back of people taking too long during the off-season, months before the draft, was ridiculous.

Even though I wouldn't even consider myself one who would be in danger of minimum activity rules, I'm glad the majority has not prevailed.

It was always bollocks. This thing is supposed to be fun, and the fact that it seemed to be introduced off the back of people taking too long during the off-season, months before the draft, was ridiculous.

Even though I wouldn't even consider myself one who would be in danger of minimum activity rules, I'm glad the majority has not prevailed.

Yup, I agree with all that.

Do players normally get snapped up on day one of free agency? Or are we likely to be waiting weeks to find out where most will be playing this year?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when does our free agency start?

Does it just open up after our draft is done?

Edited by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when does our free agency start?

Does it just open up after our draft is done?

Pretty sure waivers start during week one of the season. Until then, there are no restrictions on squad size, I think. As such, people can pick up existing free agents in the draft, if they want.

Isaac Clarke

Bears have acquired WR Brandon Marshall from the Dolphins in exchange for two third-round draft picks.

If he can not do anything too stupid or mental it's a bargain!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Bears have acquired WR Brandon Marshall from the Dolphins in exchange for two third-round draft picks.

So Marshall potentially could have had Manning throwing to him. Now he has Jay Cutler! :laugh:

Isaac Clarke

Looks like P.Garcon and J.Morgan to the Redskins and V.Jackson to the Bucs.

It's all going down today!

Isaac Clarke

Looks like the Redskins are going to be starting with a whole new WR corp with Morgan, Garcon and now Royal!

At least they're trying to give RGIII some weapons!

Rick Grimes

:huh:

That's baws :(

Nice trade for the Bears and for Cutler/Marshall owners :thumbsup:

Seen it mentioned a couple of days ago that Manning didn't fancy playing with Marshall. So maybe this is a last gasp effort to try and convince Manning to sign with them. Wayne re-signing with the Colts though, makes you think that Manning will need to go somewhere that already has at least one legitimate WR weapon. Looks like the Cardinals.

The poison dwarf spent some money then :mad:

:lol:

Supposedly they could be the favourites to sign Carl Nicks too. Add Claiborne or Trent Richardson with the 5th pick, that's some serious improvement to a good young team.

Intrigued to see what I would be offered for Matt Ryan.

Decent QB, but there's something I just don't like about him.

Intrigued to see what I would be offered for Matt Ryan.

White and Julio Jones to throw the ball too. Guaranteed top 10QB. It will be difficult getting owners to give up the right price for him though.

Isaac Clarke

The New York Post reports Bears WR Brandon Marshall "slugged" a woman at a Chelsea nightclub early last Sunday morning

The incident allegedly started as a fight between Marshall and another football player. Marshall ended up "cold-cocking" the woman in the left eye, though it's not clear if the punch was meant for her or was misdirected in the melee. During the donnybrook, Marshall's wife was hit in the face by a thrown bottle. It's not known that the Dolphins knew about the incident prior to the Marshall trade. Per FOX Sports' Alex Marvez, Marshall's contract clause guaranteeing $6 million of his $9.3 million salary voids if he's suspended by the NFL. Given his long and sordid history of violence, that's a distinct possibility

Nevermind.

:facepalm:

Edited by JamboTaylor

Looks like a good and fair trade, think it's potentially win/win from both sides :thumbsup:

Glad that V Jackson is out the division now for the Broncos, the Chargers have signed Robert Meachem but there is a drop off in terms of quality.

Quite funny that despite getting most of their cap taken away from them, the Redskins still go out and spend a fortune in the first few hours, nothing ever changes with Snyder!

Marshall going to the Bears will be an interesting one and there was obviously something strange going on when it was for such a low price. It now puts the Broncos in a slightly better light for getting two 2nd's for him a few years back, never thought his next move would be for less than that. Will be weird to see him and Cutler back on the same team again, I think the Bears should sign Hillis as backup for Forte and then might as well trade for Scheffler to reunite all the players that McDaniels got rid of :angry:

Rick Grimes

Trade works for both of us I think :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm out of position in the draft to pick up either of the QBs I want so adding Roethlisberger to Sanchez in my QB corps is enough to go into the new season. Sanchez may be under the microscope but he's not a bad option in fantasy terms and Big Ben can come in and score heavily in favourable match-ups too, so I'm much stronger for it.

Marshall for Harvin isn't too bad for me either - there's the risk of suspension for Marshall & the risk of migraine issues for Harvin hampering his production. Harvin has the edge in terms of youth but Marshall's trade could help him too.

Obviously comes down to whether or not he gets suspended - if not, I'm made up with that trade.

Carl Nicks signs to the Buccs.

They are doing some great business. The NFC South looks like it will be one of the toughest divisions this year.

Nucky Thompson

Glad Boo rejected my Hankerson bid now. :lol:

We'll see mate. Hankerson is one for the future anyway ;)

Isaac Clarke
According to beat writer Jeff Schudel, the Browns have refused to comment on a "rumor" that they've discussed a Ben Tate trade with the Texans

:interesting:

Peyton Hillis signs with the Chiefs. Charles/Hillis combo next year.

Titans are the new favourite in the Manning sweepstakes :woot:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Titans look like they're going in 'blank cheque' for Peyton.

Interesting pick ups by the Jags yesterday. Laurent Robinson had a great 2011 in Dallas and will be a good outlet.

Chad Henne throwing to him? Hardly blockbuster stuff (presuming they are going to give up on Gabbert).

Thankfully, from my perspective, Henne is backup to Gabbert for now.

Here's hoping Atlanta's bye week is Week 4! :laugh:

Marques Colston signing a new contract with the Saints

:pleasing:

Chargers replacing V-Jax with Meachem

thumbsup.gif

Pierre Garcon likely to be number one target for RG III

cool.gif

Gutted...Super Mario has signed for the Bills. Expected hi to leave the Texans but still disappointed.

On the upside, should free up a hell of a lot of cap space...

Clucking bells - great deal for the Broncos there

Still don't know if I've done the right thing considering the QB potential at 1.03 and who knows how long Brees will have left, hopefully 3-4 years at least though. I'll celebrate for now that I'm a one man team for next season rather than being a no man team which might have happened otherwise :lol:

Marques Colston signing a new contract with the Saints

Now that I've got Brees, I'll give the same reaction

Still don't know if I've done the right thing considering the QB potential at 1.03 and who knows how long Brees will have left, hopefully 3-4 years at least though. I'll celebrate for now that I'm a one man team for next season rather than being a no man team which might have happened otherwise :lol:

Now that I've got Brees, I'll give the same reaction

To be honest, I think Brees helps Colston so much more than Colston helps Brees.

I really wasn't too confident of him producing big numbers if he went elsewhere, hence the reason he was on my trading block.

Delighted Brees will still be his QB next year, and I'm looking forward to my two leading receivers being Colston and Greg Jennings.

:smuggy:

Edited by ForresterJambo