**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

To be honest, I think Brees helps Colston so much more than Colston helps Brees.

I really wasn't too confident of him producing big numbers if he went elsewhere, hence the reason he was on my trading block.

Delighted Brees will still be his QB next year, and I'm looking forward to my two leading receivers being Colston and Greg Jennings.

:smuggy:

Agree that it was huge for Colston to stay with Brees. Important though for Brees to still have that number one WR and continue with what has been going on rather than having to start again with a few new players.

I was actually the exact same as you about Colston going elsewhere and that was a huge sticking point when we were discussing the Cruz deal, I was worried he would end up going somewhere like Jacksonville and have his value destroyed!

Hopefully Colston will be one of the leading WR's in the league as it means that Brees is doing the business. Although I'll balance that up with your players as hopefully Jennings won't do so well which means James Jones will get more of a look in at Green Bay :whistling:

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sorry Martin, but Jim's offer for 1.02 now works better for me. I pick up another 2nd rounder and I'm still in prime spot for Blackmon.

Still open to offers though if anyone wants RG3 badly enough! :whistling:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Manningham lands up in San Fran.

If Manning ends up there, they will be the team to beat.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:what:

I offered you much more than that for the 1.03

You never made an offer for 1.03!

And the key thing is I still have my top 5 pick.

Sorry, I mean I made an offer much bigger than that for the 1.03, and I'd say that my offer for your 1.02 was far more than you've gained by dropping down the draft.

You've gone down to 1.05, which is pretty much Floyd/Wright, and traded your way out of drafting a top tier rookie like Griffin for John Carlson. You'd have been much better drafting a top prospect and then trading him away for much greater value later on. What you've gained from trading down isn't very much.

Edited by P-Dizzle

Geoff Kilpatrick

But my priority here was getting young WR's. I've now used my two second rounders to get RB depth in starters and then used my first rounder to still get a top WR but get my second rounders back to get developmental WR's, and two third rounders which allows me more depth options, which I didn't have last season.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Those two trades are pretty bad. The two moves from the 1.02 > 1.03> 1.05 where done far too cheap imo :down:

Still better value than being offered Brandon Marshall! :laugh:

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Still better value than being offered Brandon Marshall! :laugh:

Let's not forget I made that offer a couple of months ago. But offering Marshall was a good starting point...You would have got more out of me if you decided to negotiate :thumbsup:

Lumpkin

Carlson

I'm not even sure the 1.05 and a bunch of parts = Marshall anyway :unsure:

Pretty sure my offer had Fitzpatrick, Chris Johnson and Heyward-Bey in it.

Much better than Lumpkin, Carlson and 2.11, which is essentially what you've walked away with. Enjoy your magic beans.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pretty sure my offer had Fitzpatrick, Chris Johnson and Heyward-Bey in it.

Much better than Lumpkin, Carlson and 2.11, which is essentially what you've walked away with. Enjoy your magic beans.

Heyward-Bey wasn't part of it. In terms of value, I had no argument with your offer, I just didn't want either player, plus I still pick in the top 5.

Christ, you sound annoyed! :laugh:

Heyward-Bey wasn't part of it. In terms of value, I had no argument with your offer, I just didn't want either player, plus I still pick in the top 5.

Christ, you sound annoyed! :laugh:

Na, I'm not. It was supposed to be a joke. :lol:

You're right though, it was Fitzpatrick CJ and 2013 2nd, it was the 1.02 that I had DHB in. It's not just about the individual players though, you've got to look at the total value of what you're getting. You're always better taking the highest value even if it isn't what your team needs, because you can always trade that on for what you do need.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You are presuming there are willing trade partners though.

My roster needs revamping with too much deadwood. Unlike Martin, I'm managing to do that without getting rid of my key players (Ryan, MJD, Hernandez) and still get one of the Top 5 players in the draft, who could easily be a bust for all we know. Plus I have picked up Boldin, Thomas and Woodhead as well as the other two who give me decent depth options and still have two second rounders and two thirds. Given that this is a deep WR class, I'm content.

You are presuming there are willing trade partners though.

My roster needs revamping with too much deadwood. Unlike Martin, I'm managing to do that without getting rid of my key players (Ryan, MJD, Hernandez) and still get one of the Top 5 players in the draft, who could easily be a bust for all we know. Plus I have picked up Boldin, Thomas and Woodhead as well as the other two who give me decent depth options and still have two second rounders and two thirds. Given that this is a deep WR class, I'm content.

I wouldn't agree about me getting rid of key players, I only really had two key players Romo and Cruz and they have been replaced by Brees and McFadden. Brees is obviously a big upgrade from Romo and if McFadden can stay healthy, he is easily a top 5-6 RB. Nobody is a bigger fan of Cruz here than me for what he did for my team last year but there's still a small question mark whether he can back it up, although I think he will.

I had a lot of depth and some decent backup but apart from Romo, Cruz and possibly Keller, there's not a lot that might have got me challenging. I would rather take my chances with two extra draft picks in the top eight and moving up two spots to get a fourth top ten pick. An extra 2013 1st round pick and moving up quite a bit in the 2nd round with two picks to get inside the top 20.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wouldn't agree about me getting rid of key players, I only really had two key players Romo and Cruz and they have been replaced by Brees and McFadden. Brees is obviously a big upgrade from Romo and if McFadden can stay healthy, he is easily a top 5-6 RB. Nobody is a bigger fan of Cruz here than me for what he did for my team last year but there's still a small question mark whether he can back it up, although I think he will.

I had a lot of depth and some decent backup but apart from Romo, Cruz and possibly Keller, there's not a lot that might have got me challenging. I would rather take my chances with two extra draft picks in the top eight and moving up two spots to get a fourth top ten pick. An extra 2013 1st round pick and moving up quite a bit in the 2nd round with two picks to get inside the top 20.

Sorry, I didn't put that well. My point was my trade bait was much more limited than yours so to engineer two new starters, an RB3, a TE2/3 and another emergency RB while still keeping a Top 5 pick and two second rounders isn't bad at all.

Sorry, I didn't put that well. My point was my trade bait was much more limited than yours so to engineer two new starters, an RB3, a TE2/3 and another emergency RB while still keeping a Top 5 pick and two second rounders isn't bad at all.

No need to apologise and I think overall you had done really well, things like our trades involving P Thomas, Boldin and Woodhead worked out well for both of us.

But think you could have emerged with a lot stronger prospects with the 1.02 and 1.03, especially in the case of the Bucs who would have given up anything to get Luck. The Buckeyes have got strong depth too, so you could have got a lot more potential there as well.

You've definitely improved things from last year though, especially as I think it's pretty difficult in this league to turn things around.

Edited by Martin

Bit of a shocker with Flynn going to the Seahawks. They are starting to put together a decent team.

Wonder who will end up as the Dolphins QB, at this rate it'll be Moore again, although probably end up drafting Tannehill now. They might end up getting whoever gets their place taken by Manning when he eventually makes up his mind. Even if does end up in Denver, think he's acted really badly with messing about 5 teams for so long.

:pleasing:

Very happy he's landed there. Lynch signed up long term, some good work this offseason with Flynn could make Seattle a very competitive side.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:pleasing:

Very happy he's landed there. Lynch signed up long term, some good work this offseason with Flynn could make Seattle a very competitive side.

Yep, the NFC West is improving, although Seattle's best hope is a wildcard, I think.

Yep, the NFC West is improving, although Seattle's best hope is a wildcard, I think.

I'd say they've got a better chance at the division than a wildcard if 9ers don't get their shit together with this QB situation.

Isaac Clarke
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Peyton Manning will sign with the Broncos "barring an unexpected snag in contract talks".

It's nearly over!

It's nearly over!

:pleasing::arry:

You beat me to it!

He still took too long to make the decision :lol: Very interesting to see who else they will bring in with him

:arry:

Honestly thought the 9ers were going to nab him for a while there.

Florida for Timmy?

The 49ers could be in a bit of a state if they end up losing Smith as well.

I think Miami has to be a possibility for Tebow considering the mess they have at QB.

I honestly thought the Titans would be his choice from the 3 left :verymad:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the owner and his Al Davis job for life offer that put Manning off.

Maybe didn't want to play against the Colts, I think it would have been a real slap in the face to the Colts fans if he had gone there considering how he was during the press conference when he left there.

Plus Jacksonville has been tipped to make a trade for him. And his college was UF.

I doubt he'll hang around to watch on at Denver.

Jacksonville would make sense too, although think that's why they brought in Henne to try and stop it being an issue.

Don't think he'll stick around with Denver either, in an ideal world he would stay as a backup especially when you can't say how healthy Manning is going to be. But can understand that it might be difficult for them to have both, especially with the media.

Isaac Clarke
According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the Broncos initially promised Peyton Manning a deal worth roughly $95 million over five years

:arry:

Rick Grimes

The 49ers could be in a bit of a state if they end up losing Smith as well.

I think Miami has to be a possibility for Tebow considering the mess they have at QB.

**** right off. Don't want Charlie Church anywhere near the team thanks.

Donnie wanted me to post this to gauge what people thought of Martin and Jims trades:

Jim's huge 3 part Broncos trade is looking pretty good with the recent news out of Denver.

1. Brees and 2.11 for 1.02

2. 1.10 for 1.12 and 1.16

3. Tim Tebow for Christian Ponder

4. Moreno, 2.06, 2.10, 4.10 and 5.12 for Doucet, Lewis, Royster, 3.16, 4.16 and 5.16

Personally....

1. I think paying the 1.02 for Brees is a cheap price. But for any team in rebuild, then I can understand them wanting to take Luck.

2. All depends on how our draft goes and who is left at 10 and 12, but right now I would much prefer the 12th and 16th picks.

3. Preferred Ponder before, and even more so now that Manning might be on the verge of signing for the Broncos.

4. Seems fairly even to me.

Will be interested to see who the Broncos bring in to help Manning. Sign Dallas Clark or draft Fleener/Allen...Do they need anymore WR weapons or do they just stick with Thomas/Decker etc

Donnie wanted me to post this to gauge what people thought of Martin and Jims trades:

Jim's huge 3 part Broncos trade is looking pretty good with the recent news out of Denver.

1. Brees and 2.11 for 1.02

2. 1.10 for 1.12 and 1.16

3. Tim Tebow for Christian Ponder

4. Moreno, 2.06, 2.10, 4.10 and 5.12 for Doucet, Lewis, Royster, 3.16, 4.16 and 5.16

Personally....

1. I think paying the 1.02 for Brees is a cheap price. But for any team in rebuild, then I can understand them wanting to take Luck.

2. All depends on how our draft goes and who is left at 10 and 12, but right now I would much prefer the 12th and 16th picks.

3. Preferred Ponder before, and even more so now that Manning might be on the verge of signing for the Broncos.

4. Seems fairly even to me.

Think it's pretty even overall, although I would count 1 and 2 as the same rather than separately. So Brees, 1.10 and 2.11 is a good bit better than 1.02, 1.12 and 1.16 because the 3 ones are only potential. There's massive pressure on Luck and I think there's a lot more pressure on Luck in Indy rather than RG3 in Washington because of who Luck replaces.

The Ponder-Tebow trade isn't looking good now but a lot could depend on where Tebow ends up as well. There's also the small question mark about Ponder being the long term starter in Minnesota as Webb came in and did well at the end of last year.

The last one, we'll see in about 3 years :lol:

Nucky Thompson

Might be even better news for Decker.

Aye, there's every possibility. Time will tell.

Free agency has been kind to my squad, just need law firm and Benson to find new homes and also DeAngelo Williams to get traded

Isaac Clarke

So guys, I've got a potential deal in the works for a QB.

What could I get Wide Receiver-wise for Vick?

So guys, I've got a potential deal in the works for a QB.

What could I get Wide Receiver-wise for Vick?

Interesting to see who you will be after.

Any more thoughts on the trade offer we talked about?

I see that the Panthers have signed Tolbert, strangest move so far seeing that they have more than enough at RB.

Also just read that the Patriots signed Stallworth, do they just want to have as many WRs as they can possibly get? :ermm: Hope it means they will get rid of Edelman and stop wasting him.

Nucky Thompson

I see that the Panthers have signed Tolbert, strangest move so far seeing that they have more than enough at RB.

I think they are looking to trade Williams or Stewart. I hope it's Williams

I think they are looking to trade Williams or Stewart. I hope it's Williams

Would make sense, especially with the amount of running Newton does as well, they don't need 3 good RB's. Think it's probably more likely to be Stewart as they gave Williams a huge contract last year and they would probably get less for him because of his age.

Wonder what they will get for Stewart though. Either way, it should benefit you with Williams, no matter what happens.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Also just read that the Patriots signed Stallworth, do they just want to have as many WRs as they can possibly get? :ermm: Hope it means they will get rid of Edelman and stop wasting him.

The end of Branch, sadly :(

Isaac Clarke

Interesting to see who you will be after.

Any more thoughts on the trade offer we talked about?

Basically straight up, what Wide Reciever(s) could I get for Vick. I'd say at least a good No.1 WR...obviously depending on a teams roster and needs.

With regards to the trade, I'm thinking it's maybe a bit much...considering the injury and recent signing of a similar player. I'll decide by tomorrow!

Edited by JamboTaylor

Basically straight up, what Wide Reciever(s) could I get for Vick. I'd say at least a good No.1 WR...obviously depending on a teams roster and needs.

With regards to the trade, I'm thinking it's maybe a bit much...considering the injury and recent signing of a similar player. I'll decide by tomorrow!

If you want a WR, the Steamers are open for business...

Isaac Clarke

If you want a WR, the Steamers are open for business...

I'd also be willing to add my 2013 first and/or 2012 second to Vick to get a better/another WR?