Trick or treat mafia game

yvonnejambo

good night for us really. we hook a goon, and they screw up by going for the one the doc protected.

good play by the doc there

think i might go back to bed again, but i think i know where my next vote might go.

atchoooooooooooooo :57:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right 10 remaining

suppose we don't lynch a goon and they kill a known goody

left with 8 remaining, 5 for a lynch

non-goon is again lynched plus whoever getting killed by the goons

leaves 6 players, 4 for the lynch with 3 goons remaining

it is feasible that the game could be lost by Saturday night so the next lynch is critical

Presumed innocent: Jambo Pompey, on Boof's presumption as a mason. Does this mean Pompey was investigated Night 1, as his posting style has been very suss to me.

Not sure what you mean by this one Geoff?

Have I alluded to Pompey being clean?

If so, I didn't mean to - I've no idea about him. I just posted the day 1 stuff - without even a comment as to folks' guilt - to see what y'all made of it.

I presume you canna be ersed to look back so I'll re-state that if I had had to post a friendly list after night 1 it would've contained

Me

Scotland

THAITB

Csaba Wabba

leaves 6 players, 4 for the lynch with 3 goons remaining

defaults to a goon win...usually. The town is unwinnable for the goodies.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Not sure what you mean by this one Geoff?

Have I alluded to Pompey being clean?

If so, I didn't mean to - I've no idea about him. I just posted the day 1 stuff - without even a comment as to folks' guilt - to see what y'all made of it.

I presume you canna be ersed to look back so I'll re-state that if I had had to post a friendly list after night 1 it would've contained

Me

Scotland

THAITB

Csaba Wabba

Thanks Boof. Was posting from memory without checking. Pompey is highly suss then.

OK, a few things before bed

kitster - why would JP know you're playing a different game than if you were a goon? its a strange turn of phrase maybe...

geoff- i'm not muddying the waters, i'm just thinking aloud as i tend to do in these games. i'm clean :)

the doc - if i was a goon i'd go for the guaranteed lynch and hope the doc was hoping for a bluff and protected the other mason.... that way i'd have a chance at 2 for 2 and probably be able to wrap the game up. slightly surprised that geoff would do differently.

bev - you keep saying you've had a thought or such like then don't tell us and throw out a 'random' vote. starting to believe you a little less.

JP - i keep swithering on you - tell me why you're not a goon

Geoff Kilpatrick

kitster - why would JP know you're playing a different game than if you were a goon? its a strange turn of phrase maybe...

geoff- i'm not muddying the waters, i'm just thinking aloud as i tend to do in these games. i'm clean :)

the doc - if i was a goon i'd go for the guaranteed lynch and hope the doc was hoping for a bluff and protected the other mason.... that way i'd have a chance at 2 for 2 and probably be able to wrap the game up. slightly surprised that geoff would do differently.

bev - you keep saying you've had a thought or such like then don't tell us and throw out a 'random' vote. starting to believe you a little less.

Really?

I'd aim for one of the townies because (a) the masons aren't in receipt of any investigations anymore and are pseudo-townies and (B) you might get lucky and hit the doc, who isn't protecting his or herself.

ok, cards on the table...

i'm not too sure about you BUT almost everytime i've suspected someone you've come out with the same person, so i've generally, actively voted a different way, as i don't trust you and don't want to look like we're in cahoots if you prove to be a goon

you're a clever player and hoodwinked us good and proper the last time

thehibsareintheirbeds

doctor, doctor. luvverly stuff!

i think the goons have to take out last nights target tonight...i just cant see how they wont with it being so tight. the docs seems pretty on the ball so i'm sure they'll do the right thing tonight...good luck

tentative goonliness list- (all just hunches, no inside info here)

jam tartan- put the 5th vote on sean, then seemed to backtrack- plus trying to get early votes on kitster...hmmm

malky- just something not quite right

harris- too quiet

pompey- 50/50 here

kitster- unsure

bev- unsure

geoff- leaning towards good

frenchie- as above

there must be some clues in the voting patterns but i'm too hungover to do that just now....but will do when back later today

not even left for work yet and i'm thinking about engineering an early finish. alcohol is not my friend.

For the fact that I am not a goon. There was only 2 folk that done the I'm a goon, myself and frenchie, if I was a goon I wouldve been modkilled.

Malky kind of said it but in a way that he never said it as to be threatened with a modkill.

Got to ask you why you wanted the doc to out themselves last night

ok, cards on the table...

i'm not too sure about you BUT almost everytime i've suspected someone you've come out with the same person, so i've generally, actively voted a different way, as i don't trust you and don't want to look like we're in cahoots if you prove to be a goon

you're a clever player and hoodwinked us good and proper the last time

wow. i'm completely not buying this at all. you're basing your argument on the fact i was a goon last time. i'm not this time so your argument is very poor indeed. in fact the entire thing is just an attempt to incriminate me rather than answer what i asked you at all.

For the fact that I am not a goon. There was only 2 folk that done the I'm a goon, myself and frenchie, if I was a goon I wouldve been modkilled.

Malky kind of said it but in a way that he never said it as to be threatened with a modkill.

Got to ask you why you wanted the doc to out themselves last night

lots of people including myself did the "I'm a goon" line, so you're incorrect there. it was never going to fly anyway tho.

as for the doc, i didn't ask for them to be outed, i offered the topic up for discussion to see the responses. this has elicited responses from myself, THAITB, Boof, Malky & Geoff - the latter who had a surprising repsonse but has at least tried to justify it.

again, a slightly poorer response than i expected.

JP stays around the same level on my list, bev moves sharply up.

kitster

Malky McFrench

Beverly

jambopompey

Commander Harris

Geoff Kilpatrick

Frenchie

vote me if you want, but i'm only a townie and i don't think we can afford to lose another today.

anyone who has me on facebook can confirm my statuses have been sporadic and moaning about being ill

its up to you guys. i'm going back to bed

jam tartan- put the 5th vote on sean, then seemed to backtrack- plus trying to get early votes on kitster...hmmm

forgot to answer this one - i was pretty clear about the fact that I wanted sean killed before geoff. now, you could look at that and say that i'm a goon sacrificing one of my own but would i have done that to save another goon (which would be geoff in this scenario) even tho he was was attracting more heat?

surely i & the other goons would have let geoff get lynched and kept sean under the radar?

i made some of the arguments against sean that put him in the spotlight so it doesn't add up.

as for my moves on kitster - i've been pretty clear since yesterday - i think she's a goon and i want her lynched. i'm not going to apologise for that.

i'm not voting yet tho because all it takes is one townie to start a false charge then the goons can pile on top.

Frenchie - gonnae retract your vote for now until we've all had a chance to have our say in case that happens.... ta.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Evening all, just been watching my kids perform with the rest of the school in the musical showcase event.

So hopefully they'll have a lie-in in the morning and that means I get a lie-in. That being the case, hopefully by the time I'm up, we'll have nailed goon No 2! :2thumbsup:

So, I'll keep my vote on Malky.

Incidentally, Harris, why did you vote for me yesterday?

delivery is away, I am a free man until Tuesday at least (going to Norway again) and the pressure is off I can focus on the game tonight as long as the gaffer gives me peace, she's away home ill

not voted yet but I'll have a proper run through tonight and share my thoughts

I can understand people thinking me dodgy as I've played different this game but if I could put up pictures of the XT's shipping as evidence I would but it'd probably get me in deep crap with work

JP, what else would you expect me to say, I am the goon master, just not in this game

Commander Harris
Just wonderin'...no accusations or nuttin'...where's Commander Harris been for the whole game?

a good question.

I seem to have lost my mafia mojo. I thought after having a break for 2 games in a row I might be more up for it on my return but sadly not. Sorry guys. I know it's not great when a player doesn't fully take part, I'm trying my best to contribute something to the game and hopefully I'll be able to redeem myself a wee bit from now on in.

I meant I've only ever been a goon once and i was one with JP - so he would know my style of posting is not the same this game, i'm still trying to be productive when I get a chance to post. . That doesn't mean I couldn't be one of course but I'm not roled full stop.

I'm a townie - you're trying to lead everyone a merry dance and for that reason

vote jam tartan

I seem to have lost my mafia mojo. I thought after having a break for 2 games in a row I might be more up for it on my return but sadly not. Sorry guys. I know it's not great when a player doesn't fully take part, I'm trying my best to contribute something to the game and hopefully I'll be able to redeem myself a wee bit from now on in.

Mmmmm, okay.

You seem to have been interested enough to make sure you've voted every day...

players left and gooniness

Commander Harris has not really said much, could be goon lurking in the background

Beverley bit the same as harris, but is seldom the most talkative in these games

Geoff Kilpatrick has came out with a few theories, but has in the past done the same and be a goon

Thehibsareintheirbeds for some reason i don't think hes a goon this game

Frenchie been a lot quieter this game than previous games, has had a few dodgy votes, but whether the goons are using that too keep him in the game.

kitster usual quiet self in these games, keeping herself in the background

jambopompey mad votes during day 1, changed vote on day 1 to tie csaba and lasith

Boof 100% goon, not.

Malky McFrench another player who has been quieter this game than in previous games, is the master of hiding in full view as a goon

jam tartan has really came out (not about his hair straightners) and has put the cat amongst the mice, has previous of playing the concerned townie as a goon before

so out of that list i feel i can trust 3 folk, and that includes myself.

with 3 goons still to catch i feel that there is at least one very experienced player there who managed to coach Sean, as he was not ever on my radar as a goon. so that would mean at least one from geoff, malky and jam tartan.

the other goons could be anyone, will really need to look at the voting paterns to see if anything comes out of them.

good thing about the 10.30pm deadline is that allows me to play 5's and have time to get back and see how others post

Thehibsareintheirbeds for some reason i don't think hes a goon this game

You could change that to 100% non-goon.

You could change that to 100% non-goon.

was trying to find something funny to put against the two of you's, unfortunally im not that good at it.

thats it boof you must be the master goon

vote case of beers for everyone

Mmmmm, okay.

You seem to have been interested enough to make sure you've voted every day...

yup.

so we any further forward on reaching a consenus?

perphaps time to get a list of 3 from everybody to see where we're at?

kitster

Malky McFrench

Beverly

CH closing in on the top 3.

edit: in fact, I could easily be persuaded to vote for CH right now.

Malky, Bev & me all on vote

no goon pile on yet but I'd imagine a 2nd vote for an innocent player (which would be me!) would see that happen quite fast.

trying to provoke a reaction JP? more lists, less votes till we've seen them all please.

so far on the lists we have kitster on all 3, malky on 2, others on 1. CH hovering the edge or on all 3.

kitster

geoff

harris

obviously trust boof and thaitb and Marty and JT are low on my radar with pompey and beverley very close to making my top 3

Malky, Bev & me all on vote

no goon pile on yet but I'd imagine a 2nd vote for an innocent player (which would be me!) would see that happen quite fast.

trying to provoke a reaction JP? more lists, less votes till we've seen them all please.

so far on the lists we have kitster on all 3, malky on 2, others on 1. CH hovering the edge or on all 3.

just trying something

this would actually be me

possibly, but from those with a vote and those who may be innocent i know for certain which i am.

kitster

geoff

harris

obviously trust boof and thaitb and Marty and JT are low on my radar with pompey and beverley very close to making my top 3

kitster now on 4 lists, CH looking suspect to all.

Boof, THAITB - your input would be very useful right now as you're the only ones we know we can trust for sure.

thehibsareintheirbeds
oh bollocks.....

unvote arnold

vote thaitb

hmmmm. have to say jam tartan was sneaking to the top of my list until i saw this...was just before the end of voting on day 2.....and this vote brought arnold who was leading from 3 votes down to 2- and a tie of 6 players on 2 votes, including jt. particularly un goonish behaviour, but also quite a strange vote all round. dont knwo what to make of it.

also, as there's very little to go on vote wise- my thinking at the minute is influenced by boof's i'm a goon shennanigans yesterday....

2 peopled jumped in and said it- frenchie, pompey

2 people said it in a round about way- sean, malky

1 person said it later on, after several other posts- jam tartan

as a result my list was probably

jam tartan

malky

and a n other in order of goonliness

harris

pompey

kitster

bev

geoff

frenchie

but not as certain now.

Malky McFrench another player who has been quieter this game than in previous games, is the master of hiding in full view as a goon

what sort of pish logic is that to be honest, I've been quieter than normal (don't worry JT I'm not going to go over old ground) but you then contradict yourself by saying I'm a master at hiding in full view as a goon

so what is it, am I less active (which I have been) or hiding in full view?

Both of them can't be a reason to vote me

Well I 'm going out soon so I fully expect to be brown breed the next time I read this thread. The goons are at it folks so at least if that happens it'll give you some great clues as to who they are.

I'm no trick but I'm no treat either..so possibly better to lynch a boring townie tonight and get a goon on Halloween!

Good luck my fellow townies..and I hope you get it right tonight as well witchy wooooo :2thumbsup:

Harris

Bev

JP

Malky, Kits and JT not 100% certain one way or other

unvote bev

vote commander harris

if it makes people happy I am a goon

I only said it the other way because to be honest what else would I say

I am the self proclaimed goon master, just not this game

hmmmm. have to say jam tartan was sneaking to the top of my list until i saw this...was just before the end of voting on day 2.....and this vote brought arnold who was leading from 3 votes down to 2- and a tie of 6 players on 2 votes, including jt. particularly un goonish behaviour, but also quite a strange vote all round. dont knwo what to make of it.

also, as there's very little to go on vote wise- my thinking at the minute is influenced by boof's i'm a goon shennanigans yesterday....

jam tartan

malky

harris

pompey

kitster

bev

geoff

frenchie

but not as certain now.

its ungoonish looking because i'm not a goon. the tie was by far the best way to go for the town at that point.

and the "i'm a goon" nonsense was just that - it was never going to be able to stand to win the game. i was late because intially i wasn't going to bother on that basis, but did eventually so I couldn't be accused of not having done it.

will do it again just now & if I am a goon then I fully expect to be modkilled for stating my role.

I, jam tartan, am a goon.

what sort of pish logic is that to be honest, I've been quieter than normal (don't worry JT I'm not going to go over old ground) but you then contradict yourself by saying I'm a master at hiding in full view as a goon

so what is it, am I less active (which I have been) or hiding in full view?

Both of them can't be a reason to vote me

even though you are not as active as in other games, you post more game related stuff than others, you are very good at being a goon and being able to post game related stuff and not draw a lot of atention upon yourself

Has anyone worked out who the witch is?

Think i know but won't say nowt yet.

One last thing as i'm away out soon, why is Geoff suddenly dropped down folks goon lists?

jam tartan

malky

harris

pompey

kitster

bev

geoff

frenchie

but not as certain now.

that is what i was trying to put across earlier today

One last thing as i'm away out soon, why is Geoff suddenly dropped down folks goon lists?

actually, he's been so quiet i forgot he was here.

unvote malky

as im just about to leave for 5's, should be back around 9pm will cast my vote when i get back

so far kitster & CH seeming the most suspected then, the former doing a wee bit to convince me she's a townie in her defences.

OK, I trust Frenchie the way he's been playing so I'll follow his lead & the prevailing mood of suspicion

vote Commander Harris

Archived