Vampires

Dandyman

thehibsareintheirbeds

I'm really struggling to get to grips with this one, and having to rely on my phone's not helping. Will try and get a proper read and contribution in between the hospital this afternoon and the match tonight. If someone can out a vamp or two in the meantime, big thumbs up.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good guys

The High Priest ? Recruits every second night, can also use every power once on the nights he is not recruiting (except the vampires powers) can not be turned by vlad neither can he turn Vlad request would fail

The Priest - Uses holy water to protect one person per night form the vampires although the Slayer can still kill them though. Loses power if turned

Could've been the High Priest doing some protecting, maybe?

Can't remember what Dandy said in his night summary.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm just finding it weird that two roled players were targeted on Night 1 then. Interesting.

either that or maybe they weren't online and missed putting in their night votes.

Geoff Kilpatrick
either that or maybe they weren't online and missed putting in their night votes.

That is a possibility but if you are roled as a baddie I think you are far more 'up' for the game (at least I am) because part of the fun is avoiding getting caught, so I doubt that.

It has been done before, not sure which game, but I'm sure the goons never done anything on the first night to see who reacted the most

All these roles are confusing me.

So is Boofs thinking correct on the night actions?

Slayer stopped by Professor, Vlad stopped by Priest? Could it work any other way?

If that is the case, it could mean a very very good night for the town, as a couple of people should know who another roled player is, good or bad.

The Priest protected someone from Vlad and the Professor stopped Slayer from doing his stuff.

Does that sound right? Is any other combination of events possible?

Dandy...for the roles where something happens 'every second night' is that every even-nuimbered night for all of the roled folk to whom that applies?

I've this sinking feeling that with night 1 being relatively benign night 2 is gonna be carnage.

night 1 vlad recruits, night 2 it's the high priests turn, and so on

So...Vlad tried to recruit last night, but couldn't manage to do so. Have I got that right?

C'mon folks...let's try and work this out. Is there only one possibile way this can happen? And if so does that mean someone has some useful information? Not that this is the right time to be sharing it, I don't think.

Or is it? Is Vlad a powerful enough enemy to sacrifice a roled goodie upon?

I'm assuming that the goons are actually working as a team able to contact each other by PM or whatever...?

So...Vlad tried to recruit last night, but couldn't manage to do so. Have I got that right?

C'mon folks...let's try and work this out. Is there only one possibile way this can happen? And if so does that mean someone has some useful information? Not that this is the right time to be sharing it, I don't think.

Or is it? Is Vlad a powerful enough enemy to sacrifice a roled goodie upon?

I'm assuming that the goons are actually working as a team able to contact each other by PM or whatever...?

Its complicated.

I cant imagine there's only one way it could happen, there must be a few permutations.

I cant imagine there's only one way it could happen, there must be a few permutations.

That's the feeling I have, though I can't see what or where anything else could come from.

Did Vlad actively try something and get thwarted, or did he just not bother turning up? I suspect we're all presuming the former...?

Boof, by vlad not getting to turn anyone the only person who knows anything is the priest as they probably saved whoever vlad targeted. that however is only dependant on vlad's bride not messing about with the night time activities so in all reality we know jack s***

Geoff Kilpatrick

Who didn't vote and have they been yellow carded out of interest?

And why am I the only one to vote so far this round??

Bloody hell!!

So the priest could've targetted someone to save...Vlad's bride (in cahoots with Vlad) could've made Vlad act elsewhere...to make it look like the priest's 'save' was a save?

I think we need to know more about how Mrs Vlad operates - this is shaping up to be the hardest game ever.

BoJack Horseman

Jesus, my head hurts. I'm really struggling to keep up with this. With all the different roles being batted about it's impossible to even guess what has happened.

I'm not sure if I'll like the challenge or get bored of the complexity.

Bloody hell!!

So the priest could've targetted someone to save...Vlad's bride (in cahoots with Vlad) could've made Vlad act elsewhere...to make it look like the priest's 'save' was a save?

I think we need to know more about how Mrs Vlad operates - this is shaping up to be the hardest game ever.

i would like to know that also about the bride

i would like to know that also about the bride

ditto

if the bride knows who vlad is targeting then it gives them an unfair advantage as she isn't going to dick about with that

therealmackay

bloomin heck this is confusing

at least we only lost one townie last night which is an improvement on the last couple of games

hopefully the cop got some good info last night and we can bag ourselves a vamp today

will read over everything again and cast my vote soon see if it stirs up any action

mon the townies

Both Vlad and Slayer failed in whatever they were trying last night.

Which could mean that Vlad targeted the High Priest or the Professor stopped them or whoever was targeted was protected by the Priest (Doc)!

Slayer may have been stopped by the Professor or their target protected by the Doc.

The cop investigated someone but no idea if good or bad because of the whole Vlad's bride thing.

Phew...

In other words, who knows! I'm confused.....

would people preffer if i made vlads bride a random vote instead of the list? pm your answers. also would people preffer if i gave a summary of night events?

therealmackay

right after a thourough read i am still completely clueless but ill vote geoff see what happens, may change later if anyone arouses suspicion

This is the most confusing Mafia game I can remember for a long time, my head is spinning just reading the latest posts.

As far as I can make out we know absolutely nothing and had nothing to go on again today.

I'll probably be around at the deadline so will hold fire on my vote just now.

what a strange turn of events. out most of the day and will be back about 5.

just back not sure who to vote for but as she is in the lead and the game is very confusing.

i'll vote beverley and see if anyone else votes for her.

I'm actually going to vote Csaba Wabba.

Based purely on a thought I have.

Could well change.

Vote : Csaba Wabba

I'm actually going to vote Csaba Wabba.

Based purely on a thought I have.

Could well change.

Vote : Csaba Wabba

curses, i've been outed :10900:

I can't actually view page 3, for some strange reason (iexplorer just freezes). Can somebody please summarise what happened from roughly deadine?.

BoJack Horseman
I can't actually view page 3, for some strange reason (iexplorer just freezes). Can somebody please summarise what happened from roughly deadine?.

That'll be that stupid image that someone posted. It's massive.

Edit

It was YOU!

Still not too sure what's going on but I might as well put a vote in now.

Vote Scotland

Just for the massive picture on page 3.

i wont be giving bev or harris card this time, as they both had excuses

Falling asleep on chair was it?

would people preffer if i made vlads bride a random vote instead of the list? pm your answers. also would people preffer if i gave a summary of night events?

Yes please we need a bit clearer summary. I know the game is about working things out but at the moment thats impossible.

Marty was lynched, nobody else died, Boof is speculating way too much as if he wants the priest to out thereself while appearing overly helpful IMO

for that

vote Boof

The Slayer (good serial killer) - Vampire killer with a drink problem, alcohol blurs his vision which means he sometimes kills innocent town folk.

The Priest - Uses holy water to protect one person per night form the vampires although the Slayer can still kill them though. Loses power if turned

The bold bit is what made me think the Priest couldn't have affected the Slayer's action, therefore (maybe :laugh:) the Priest scuppered Vlad.

I'd be happy with Mrs Vlad having less of a clue what's going on, a night time summary and clarification as to how Mrs Vlad's able to operate.

would people preffer if i made vlads bride a random vote instead of the list? pm your answers.

yes if Vlad and his bride are in communication and know who each other are

if not then it's fine

. also would people preffer if i gave a summary of night events?

Yes just to give clarity on things i.e. Vlad targetted somebody but the doc save them, if the professor stopped something etc etc but not too much detail i.e. stating if a roled player was saved

The bold bit is what made me think the Priest couldn't have affected the Slayer's action, therefore (maybe :laugh:) the Priest scuppered Vlad.

I'd be happy with Mrs Vlad having less of a clue what's going on, a night time summary and clarification as to how Mrs Vlad's able to operate.

good spot, hadn't noticed that

kind of crap power then seeing as they can't protect from mis-firing assassins

ted would be in his element this game :10900:

yes if Vlad and his bride are in communication and know who each other are

if not then it's fine

Yes just to give clarity on things i.e. Vlad targetted somebody but the doc save them, if the professor stopped something etc etc but not too much detail i.e. stating if a roled player was saved

We're posting our answers on thread?

This is essentially what I PM'd Dandyman too.

Marty was lynched, nobody else died, Boof is speculating way too much as if he wants the priest to out thereself while appearing overly helpful IMO

:facepalm:

Course I don't want the Priest to out him/herself. Though yes, I did suggest earlier that if someone knew Vlad's identity they should think carefully about revealing that in a self-sacrificing way. What would be better...removing Vlad and whatever powers he's got at the cost of (whomever...I can't work it out just yet) or keeping Vlad and getting a few more investigates/protects/whatevers.

However, given that it's now possible that Mrs Vlad has been muddying the waters...that should clearly not happen. It might've been a false positive in the Vlad-hunting department.

As for appearing overly helpful...pfffft. I'm just trying to get as much into the open as I can and am seeking others' opinions if I happen to be spraffing keech.

BoJack Horseman

I'd also like to point out that the 10pm tonight deadline is a bit tight, what with the football in all. I'll get my vote in now;

vote geoff because he voted first

but hopefully I'll be able to actually put in a sensible vote before the deadline.

That'll be that stupid image that someone posted. It's massive.

Edit

It was YOU!

Still not too sure what's going on but I might as well put a vote in now.

Vote Scotland

Just for the massive picture on page 3.

Whoops. Didn't realise, just went by thumbnail.

Well, then....

Vote Martin

An eye for an eye, a vote for a vote.

I'd also like to point out that the 10pm tonight deadline is a bit tight, what with the football in all. I'll get my vote in now;

vote geoff because he voted first

but hopefully I'll be able to actually put in a sensible vote before the deadline.

I agree it is tight. Maybe an extension til tomorrow?

I'm off out for a booze very soon, so my vote wont change.

Commander Harris

meh, vote boof

no good reason and I'll probably change but want to make sure I get a vote in.

So last night Vlad could have used mind control to make someone vote today a certain way and also Mrs Vlad could have given a name which has been investigated and was good but could now appear bad, Is that correct?

If so yes we need clarification if those two are in cahoots of thread.

thehibsareintheirbeds

not pm'd yet either but thinking along the same lines as malky and cig- its hard enough getting a handle on the roles without the night time action being vague and causing more confusion.

despite that, i do like some of the added elements in this one and am sure another night or so and we'll all be right on course(hopefully to a townie victory). :2thumbsup:

not had a chance to read much suspect wise- apologies for my rubbish input so far- but i'll get a random vote in now and probably be back on when the dutch score their 4th.

vote albannach

Archived