Vampires

Dandyman

cloves of Garlic round my neck, cloves of Garlic all round my house, crucifixes nailed all over the place.

still trying to suss out each of the rolled players powers.

one thing that i'm trying to suss out is if they turn a townie into a vampire do we get told that a player has turned (not the actual player). as the way i have read it means that the vampires can grow in numbers during the game, meaning in the later days they could have the numbers to really dictate the lynchings

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 last question Dandy the illusion casting by Vlads bride, how does it work? got me a bit confuddled

After everone has sent me there night votes, i will send the results to vlad's bride for one of the names to be changed, she doesn't know what is going to happen to the person that gets swaped, and the player doing the night vote doesnt know the name has been altered, so for instance if the cop investigates player A and it is altered, the cop still thinks it is the info on the player he named

i'm going to reword the role to Telekinesis?s instead of illusion casting as vlad's brides actually moves people around

My fav vampire(ish) film.

Fanella Fielding, corr!!! Foxy lady.:smiley2:

god i loved that film when i was little, fenella fielding was great!

B is a townie

see, i'm not a vamp, i'm just a townie!

god i loved that film when i was little, fenella fielding was great!

see, i'm not a vamp, i'm just a townie!

She Lives.

Stay Back I tell you!

Back!

In the name of the fa.....

....arrrrgghhh!

vampire-cross.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

Morning all! Just out of my coffin!! :10900:

Sun's coming up though and I'm not turning into dust so I must be ok by that logic!

Geoff Kilpatrick
MAD VLAD OUT!

Goonish post imo! Any self-respecting Tynieville resident knows it's MAD VALD OUT!!

Vote Albannach

Morning all! Just out of my coffin!! :10900:

Sun's coming up though and I'm not turning into dust so I must be ok by that logic!

Quality post, not goonish in the least :)

Ok I am not sure if I will be on much tomorrow and have a meeting in the early evening so wont be around at lynch time. So incase I cant get home Vote Cigaro. For no reason as its day 1

I'll probably not be around at the deadline tomorrow aswell.

What time is it at btw?

Canny be arsed checking.

BoJack Horseman
Goonish post imo! Any self-respecting Tynieville resident knows it's MAD VALD OUT!!

Vote Albannach

I don't get it?

not sure if i like the Vlads missus illusion guff, think it'll give too much info to the goons but just have to see how it goes

thehibsareintheirbeds

right, better get a vote in just in case i dont make it back on.

will vote jambopompey - just a random vote for now.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Tonight at 8 geoff

Oh well, I'll be in my kip. Unlike the movies though, my windows are closed!

I will be using a yellow and red card system for non poster and players that dont vote

after receiving a red card that player will be lynched

Geoff Kilpatrick
Out of interest, who were the goons in the last game and did they win?

Yvonne, Paddy and pompey and they won. Game was a bogey though! ;)

therealmackay

morning all i feel were in for another good game just hope i dont get bumped off so early this time ill save voing for now but as usual no clue though i now fear the frenchies after my lynching last game

surely they must be safe

the french love garlic :stuart:

Yvonne, Paddy and pompey and they won. Game was a bogey though! ;)

Your only saying that cause you lost.

I'm a plain townie this time. Will wait till I get home before deciding on who to vote for. Hoping someone slips up rather than the usual stab in the dark vote that is normal for the first day or so

Since these first day votes are a random pile of doo-doo - apart from the goons' ones - is there any reason why we shouldn't go for a 20-way tie by voting for the player below you on the player list?

That gives us a 3 in 20 chance of getting one. Does anybody realistically think that a goon will slip up on day 1 to the extent that enough folk will notice and not have their buddies coming to their rescue? I don't.

So on that basis I'll Vote Commander Harris.

That could change depending on how this idea is received.

therealmackay
Since these first day votes are a random pile of doo-doo - apart from the goons' ones - is there any reason why we shouldn't go for a 20-way tie by voting for the player below you on the player list?

That gives us a 3 in 20 chance of getting one. Does anybody realistically think that a goon will slip up on day 1 to the extent that enough folk will notice and not have their buddies coming to their rescue? I don't.

its a good idea boof although you would probably have some people who have already cast their vote saying they couldnt get back on in time and subsequently being accused of goonly behaviour

but im willing to go with you for now and seeing how other people react may give us a few clues

vote THAITB

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't mind but I can't be bothered changing. Someone else can vote for Martin!

So on that basis I'll Vote Commander Harris[/b].

boof you've suggested that before, can't remember which game but not everyone liked that idea so it was pointless

boof you've suggested that before, can't remember which game but not everyone liked that idea so it was pointless

It's not pointless if people react to the suggestion in some way. The difficult bit is in interpreting the reactions.

What are you suggesting to find goons?

The idea is sound in theory, but I do remember that game, all it meant was day 2 was a stab in the dark like most day 1's are.

From my inderstanding of the bad roles they increase in size over a period of days so we have to get them fast and quickly to win the game

It's not pointless if people react to the suggestion in some way. The difficult bit is in interpreting the reactions.

it becomes pointless IMO if not everyone agrees to it

and as pompey says it is still; a stab in the dark

Boof, think back a couple of games where me and Marty got Bev after messing about before the deadline, this method gives us absolutely nothing towards the end of the game re voting habits except giving us a 1/20 chance of getting a goon, although we have the same chance of getting a good roled player

Count me out

I think for the first couple of days the goons should have an extra task (unknown to the rest of us) to do. Something like put the name of a vegetable into their post or vote for a colleague or all buy the same drink from my bar...something just to give them less of an easy ride for the first wee while until folk start finding their paranoia levels on the increase.

Do we ever get any reliable information from day 1 anyway? Surely the goons would be able to latch onto anyone under the merest threat and condemn them?

Geoff Kilpatrick
I think for the first couple of days the goons should have an extra task (unknown to the rest of us) to do. Something like put the name of a vegetable into their post or vote for a colleague or all buy the same drink from my bar...something just to give them less of an easy ride for the first wee while until folk start finding their paranoia levels on the increase.

Do we ever get any reliable information from day 1 anyway? Surely the goons would be able to latch onto anyone under the merest threat and condemn them?

I actually think part of the fun is wiping out a good guy on Day 1, as invariably happens. We all curse ourselves and then discover something good.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Can see where you're coming from boof, and i've no real alternative but not sure of any benefit this way.

You suggested pretty much the same a game or two ago but only a few of us took it on and not sure it helped much. What may help though is that at least this has got people posting.

What may help though is that at least this has got people posting.

That's what I aim for.

The more folk post, the more there's the chance of a goonly slip-up. Since we've got no good 'teams' as yet nobody will be putting a buddy under threat. Apart from, as I say, maybe a goon.

Well I'm off to work.

Boof, I'd have done it if others did, despite being just as random as ever.

The main drawback is it gives the goons an easy way out, unless they are grouped together in the list.

See ya'll after the deadline.

Commander Harris

boof's proposed this before and as before I won't be taking part. The early days are fairly random but they do give us information further down the line, if we go for a tie we eliminate this source of information.

I appreciate he was trying to get some posting going and that is always helpful but the idea itself isn't great.

dandyman,

how are you going to decide a tie, random number generator, penalty shootout(would request this) or something else?

Depends on the situation i.e how many are in the tie, if the players involved in the tie are both online ect.

If there is only 2 players involved and they are both online i will go with the shoot-out, all other situations will be resolved with the number generator.

votes so far

Bev 1

Boof 1

Albannach 1

Marty 1

Cigaro 1

Malky 1

Pompey 1

Arnold 1

Commander Harris 1

Thehibsareintheirbeds 1

Bajthejambo 1

Still to vote

Bev

Milky

Yvonne

Pompey

Scotland

Bajthejambo

Commander Harris

Albannach

Deek

only Bajthejambo still to post

BoJack Horseman

I know you've had lots of replies to this already. Just wanted to say I'm not taking part either.

Including the points already made, I'm pretty sure the other negative of it was that it was then used as an excuse as to why someone voted for someone.

i.e CH gets the lynch tonight and we question you tomorrow and you say ' Ah, but I was just voting the person below me.' when in reality you could be a goon just wanting to get rid of CH.

Depends on the situation i.e how many are in the tie, if the players involved in the tie are both online ect.

If there is only 2 players involved and they are both online i will go with the shoot-out, all other situations will be resolved with the number generator.

votes so far

Bev 1

Boof 1

Albannach 1

Marty 1

Cigaro 1

Malky 1

Pompey 1

Arnold 1

Commander Harris 1

Thehibsareintheirbeds 1

Bajthejambo 1

Still to vote

Bev

Milky

Yvonne

Pompey

Scotland

Bajthejambo

Commander Harris

Albannach

Deek

only Bajthejambo still to post

Ihavevotedandmycomputersspacebaraintworking!Anyonegotanyideashowtofixit?Iamonlyaboutforanhourthenbacktowork:(

Archived