Wimbledon 2009 thread

djf

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaun.lawson
There was virtually nothing in that set, but strange to see Roddick playing different than normal.

Murray has to serve better in this set, Roddick did a lot more damage on Murray's serve than I thought he would. Still plenty time to go though but think he's got to win this set.

That's what Stefanki said he would do. I struggle to imagine it working for a whole match though. Stefanki bothers me: I think he tends to improve his charges' results against weaker opponents, but messes them up tactically when it comes to tougher matches. He ruined Henman's serve, then wondered why Tim was getting blown off the court on grass!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Tiger Tim would have went to the toilet after that set for a good greet and to phone his ma while Andy went to get his head together and get fired up.

He's a winner. :D

loveofthegame

Slow start again from Murray which IF he gets to the final would almost certainly cost him. Good response so far in the 2nd though. Not too worried yet

shaun.lawson
Tiger Tim would have went to the toilet after that set for a good greet and to phone his ma while Andy went to get his head together and get fired up.

He's a winner. :D

Poor old Henman. He's even been demoted to radio commentary! And on the radio just now, his fellow commentator: "There's the voice of Tim Henman, who knows what it's like to lose the first set in a Wimbledon semi-final..."

Pause, then laughter. Henman: "I know what it's like to lose three sets in a Wimbledon semi-final too..."

I P Knightley
There was virtually nothing in that set, but strange to see Roddick playing different than normal.

Murray has to serve better in this set, Roddick did a lot more damage on Murray's serve than I thought he would. Still plenty time to go though but think he's got to win this set.

I get the sense that Roddick is a bit of a Jason MacAteer when it comes to brain power (a bit like some who support him on here ;)) and so he'll struggle to keep his crafty game plan going now that Murray's started to relax and mix it up a bit.

I get the sense that Roddick is a bit of a Jason MacAteer when it comes to brain power (a bit like some who support him on here ;)) and so he'll struggle to keep his crafty game plan going now that Murray's started to relax and mix it up a bit.

Think you could be right there.

Lendl always amazed me as his opponent would often be standing at the net covering and he just hit it straight back there anyway?

Think so. Plus the more Murray starts to play like this, Roddick might just start going back to how he usually plays and just thumping everything.

Looking good for one set all and good to see Sir Trev in his usual place :2thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Murray out-aceing Roddick - and serving like a man.

hulk-hogan-photo.jpg

Murray out-aceing Roddick - and serving like a man.

hulk-hogan-photo.jpg

Whatcha gonna do A-Rod when Andy Murray runs over you!:10900:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Roddick's all over Murray's second serve. Looks like the end of the road to me

Malinga the Swinga
Game on.

Who cares, one guy batters a big serve and if its in, he wins point and if it is out, Murray has a chance.

Getting really ****ed off that I am supporting this Hibby **** and he is losing.

Watching this semi I can't help but feel this is irrelevant. Federer will easily pump the winner of this match.

He's in danger of losing the plot here. Got to work it to his advantage. Can't believe he ****ed it when he had 3 break points. Never really recovered.

Andya - I've no idea what your going on about mate.

Just not taking enough of his opportunities at the moment. Looks like he'll need to try and win it in five.

Match probably all depends on how well Roddick serves for the rest of it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
He's in danger of losing the plot here. Got to work it to his advantage.

Andya - I've no idea what your going on about mate.

I think he's making the point that Roddick's game is: A big serve, big ground strokes and, er, that's it

loveofthegame
Roddick's all over Murray's second serve. Looks like the end of the road to me

Looks like the end of the road?! Ridiculously early call. But i do agree with the service point. Murray must serve better or he will lose. Much better service game there, might unfortunately be too late for this set though.

3inaBednar

that exchange with the umpire was embarassing, he's such a c**k, oh mummy daddy i never said anything, oo daddy i'm getting beat, i'm a posh boy who got told off, honestly grow up and smile you irritating hobo tramp!

hope he gets pumped SO MUCH

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Looks like the end of the road?! Ridiculously early call. But i do agree with the service point. Murray must serve better or he will lose. Much better service game there, might unfortunately be too late for this set though.

I just think the signs are there that he's going to get beaten

that exchange with the umpire was embarassing, he's such a c**k, oh mummy daddy i never said anything, oo daddy i'm getting beat, i'm a posh boy who got told off, honestly grow up and smile you irritating hobo tramp!

Well he's just been fined for **** all. It was quite clear he never swore.

I dunno how you can call someone considerably richer than you a tramp. :nah:

loveofthegame

Just **** off.

Tommy Wiseau

Murray will go out unless he starts getting some first serves in.

58% in the second set was barely good enough and with Roddick nailing 80%-plus in - and being all over the puny Murray second serve - he'll struggle unless he can start buying some cheap points on serve.

Tommy Wiseau

"Come on, pass" = fine for an audible obscenity. By a guy whose first language isn't English, let alone with an understanding of the Scottish dialect.

Lucky it wasn't me - I'd have probably stormed up to him and said "How's that swearing, ya ****ing pr*ck?!"

scott_jambo

Roddick is playing as good as he has in years...

...So why is this match close to making my eyes bleed. :43:

He must be the last big server left in the top 20.

3inaBednar

it was embarrasing viewing, fair enough challenge the umpire but not like a wee boy with a toyless pram, I cannot wait until his career ends and he has not a BIG trophy in the locker, he's an arse and i hope he wins nothing.

mickey weir, your boy is taking a hell of a beating ditto yogi etc

it was embarrasing viewing, fair enough challenge the umpire but not like a wee boy with a toyless pram, I cannot wait until his career ends and he has not a BIG trophy in the locker, he's an arse and i hope he wins nothing.

:qqb017:

BOOM!

Get that ****ing second serve sorted out now!

Right back in it. C'mon you Hibby ****.

I want something possibly worth watching on Sunday. The last two Roddick v Federer finals were awful.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It was over in about 20 seconds - he just made the point that he didn't swear, which i think he was entitled to do

The beeb website doesnt tell me whose serving...did he just break?

Just broke.

Wimbledon crowd getting right behind him, good to see.

Strawberry munchers must have the day off. :D

To be clever and on the wind up is one thing. To be thick as pig ***** like you is quite another. :smiley2:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yes

Nucky Thompson
To be clever and on the wind up is one thing. To be thick as pig ***** like you is quite another. :smiley2:
:2thumbsup:

this_is_my_story

Baws!

Murray politely, and diplomatically, challenged the umpire's interpretation of what he'd said. What's AM done to upset you so much by the way? Genuine question.

If he wins this set he's won the match. Finally half five and they better have this on in the pub...:) Mon Andy

Archived