Wimbledon 2009 thread

djf

shaun.lawson

Didn't kitster say she gets out of work at 5? LOL! :10900:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scottish_chicP

Just finished in time for me to leave work well done Andy! Unfortunately the thunder has started and I hate it :(

loveofthegame

Well done Murray, easy win. Love the interview about that fit, posh looking bird ''She was annoying but she's alright now.'' Haha. Legend. Bring on Roddick or Hewitt in the semis.

Well done Murray, easy win. Love the interview about that fit, posh looking bird ''She was annoying but she's alright now.'' Haha. Legend. Bring on Roddick or Hewitt in the semis.

She looked better than alright.:smiley2:

I got the impression he pulled her pigtails at school.

Chad Sexington

That was so one sided at the end it was almost embarrassing.

Great win for Murray.

If it means another couple of days without 3inabednar's "hilarious" big team big cup patter, then all the sweeter.

Chad Sexington

Hewitt makes it 1-1.

Magic. Let them batter the hell out of each other.

Hope it goes to 5 sets. :2thumbsup:

3inaBednar
3inaBednar predicted Murray wouldn't get to the semis. Hmm... :qqb017:

I'm here, just keeping my peace until the inevitable defeat of murray happens, either against roddick/ hewitt or the final, he will get beat though, nobody that miserable and dour will ever win a BIG cup.

I have to say though some of the opinions/analysis on this thread is laughable, half you boys couldny even serve a tennis baw let alone play so I have no idea where all these 'expert' opinions are coming from.

will be back soon tho lads when the defeat comes.

I P Knightley
I wanted to leave work early but staff shortages mean I can't :57:

How much of Murray's game d'ya reckon I'll have missed by 5pm? :57:

Bad luck Kitster. It was only the end of the first set and then when he was broken at the start of the second where you'd have got towards the edge of your seat.

Good, solid and efficient performance with some quite brilliant shots thrown in. It'll be on the iPlayer soon.

Didn't see whether there were any good shots of shoogly jugs, though.

Murrays comments about the English in the past cant guarantee him support from their public, he really didn't think about Wimbledons in the future when he made those remarks.

I was on the phone to a mate who lives round the corner from where AM has just bought a house and he came out with the same "Murray hates us English so I'm going to go and spray his fence" stuff.

A real shame that that conversation (Murray's, not my mate's) was twisted by the media. Murray had spent 5-10 minutes taking all sorts of s41te from English journalists about Scotland having failed to qualify and his reply, totally tongue-in-cheek (and in kind as well) was to say he'd support "anyone but England". He wasn't thinking about much but just got roped in by the 'banter'.

Where's 3inaBednar? This must feel like he's being poked in the bum. Excellent.

He must have found a particularly good ^^^^ to suck. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he did once say that he wouldn't talk about Murray until he got "pumped out of Wimbledon."

Clearly the guy's incapable of talking about any other tennis related subject but doesn't his absence make the board go so much better?

The People's Chimp
Who said anything about the English not being able to attend? I want a number of tickets to be allocated to Scots thats all.:stuart:

If that means more people wearing 'see you jimmy' hats then I'd have the scots banned.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I'm here, just keeping my peace until the inevitable defeat of murray happens, either against roddick/ hewitt or the final, he will get beat though, nobody that miserable and dour will ever win a BIG cup.

I have to say though some of the opinions/analysis on this thread is laughable, half you boys couldny even serve a tennis baw let alone play so I have no idea where all these 'expert' opinions are coming from.

will be back soon tho lads when the defeat comes.

Mate, you didn't even know if the French Open was a 'big cup' or not.

The standard of debate/analysis has been pretty high for a fitbaw forum. Anyway, cheerio for now. If Murray wins it I doubt you will be back. :2thumbsup:

Yeah guys you guessed it..turned on my car ignition to hear on the radio it was game set and match!! hmmpphhhh

Seems he won it very comfortably indeed though so that's a positive :10900:

Need to see what I can wangle on Friday now. Does anyone know what time he'll be playing at roughly or is it TBC??

shaun.lawson
Yeah guys you guessed it..turned on my car ignition to hear on the radio it was game set and match!! hmmpphhhh

Need to see what I can wangle on Friday now. Does anyone know what time he'll be playing at roughly or is it TBC??

He'll be on second. Weather permitting, that should mean around 3pm or so - possibly later depending on whether Haas can trouble Federer.

It should be the same again on friday, Federer vs Haas on at 1pm followed by the Murray match. So 3 or 4pm start I would guess.

The Vulture

I would think Federer Haas will be first on centre court on Friday, so a straight sets victory for RF would have Andy Murray vs Hewitt/Roddick starting at about 3pm on Friday afternoon. :th_o::stuart:

It should be the same again on friday, Federer vs Haas on at 1pm followed by the Murray match. So 3 or 4pm start I would guess.

oh well I should imagine I can get away early to see most of it then. :10900:

Perhaps in a way it was better me not getting away today as Friday was always gonna be the big one..and two earlys in one week with another 1.5 days spent on a training course is taking the pi$$ somewhat! :lightbulb:

chester copperpot

:10900:

p.S Im glad I've lost all these 5'ers on Murray, he's looking pretty formidable at the moment.

He will take care of Roddick, no doubt. Bet he drop shots one of Roddick's first serve's. Any takers.

Roger will be a much much different story though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
:10900:

p.S Im glad I've lost all these 5'ers on Murray, he's looking pretty formidable at the moment.

He will take care of Roddick, no doubt. Bet he drop shots one of Roddick's first serve's. Any takers.

Roger will be a much much different story though.

Roddick looks dangerous to me. Big threat

didn't see much of it. caught a bit on the bbc website which was running like a brick.

well done to murray yet again. he can't have been given an easy game from such an experienced campaigner so he must have turned in another stormer.

i might prefer him to hewitt in the semi because the campaign must be starting to catch up on him. murray seems to be conditioned to play all month.

chester copperpot
Roddick looks dangerous to me. Big threat

Totally agree mate, but Andy's had him loadsa times now, so he has his measure.

The Vulture

Don't count your chickens yet, Hewitt never gives up ! 2 sets down vs Stepanek and now taking the yank to a deciding 5th. Go on Lleyton!

Hewitt makes it 2-2.

This is perfect for Murray. :2thumbsup:

Yep Andy cruises though..his competitor currently involved in a gruelling 5 setter :10900:

good times :2thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Hewitt's fans are really, really getting on my thrupennies.

3inaBednar

He must have found a particularly good ^^^^ to suck. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he did once say that he wouldn't talk about Murray until he got "pumped out of Wimbledon."

Clearly the guy's incapable of talking about any other tennis related subject but doesn't his absence make the board go so much better?

very out of order, well beyond board rules in my eyes.

once again anybody that has an opinion other than 'the majority' is not welcome, how boring your puny little hobo kissing world must be.

The Vulture

Could do with this game being cancelled due to bad light at about 2115 and then they have to finish the game off on Thursday morning ! :10900:

Hewitt makes it 2-2.

This is perfect for Murray. :2thumbsup:

perfection really. even better if the older man wins IMO.

once again anybody that has an opinion other than 'the majority' is not welcome, how boring your puny little hobo kissing world must be.

why don't you bring it to the attention of the mods?

oh looky... you already did.

:(

Chester ..if you are really for Murray progressing..why do ya keep wasting your cash betting against him? I'm just curious really. I'm no gambler mind I never back Hearts in a coupon but I never bet them losing!! Quite similar to other sports I follow and players I like :smile:

shaun.lawson

Comical. If you think your various posts on Murray over the past few months constitute debate, as opposed to childish trolling and comments straight out of kindergarten, you could've fooled us.

Didn't you predict he wouldn't even reach the semi's? If this is true, then as far as I'm aware that means you are wrong.If you cant take it then done give it. So let me just say for the majority of tennis-related posters a massive GIRFUY.

Only semi final prediction i'll make is that Murray won't be there, all joking aside the UK media will ensure he will flap early on, the pressure already on him is enormous, have you seen the TV ad the now, something like ' Britain hasn't had a mens winner for xx years but we will soon and we'll be there to cover it" basically saying they EXPECT him to win, just like Hibs expected to beat Livvy in the CIS final.

fail~4.jpg

3inaBednar
RonaldMcGTFO.jpg

your language is gona get youe done in a minute, bye bye, mods will not be happy with the F word mate. do you save my posts and stock me, very weird.

murraybeijing_43769t.jpg

do you save my posts and stock me, very weird.

:nah:

Ryan Gosling
your language is gona get youe done in a minute, bye bye, mods will not be happy with the F word mate. do you save my posts and stock me, very weird.

cn1733.jpg

ALAN PARTRIDGE EARLIER TODAY...

"OK, there's Shaun Lawson, Dexter, and - OOHH - 3inaBednar."

The Vulture

Back to the tennis.............

Not much between Roddick and Hewitt. Both players showing immense mental strength.

chester copperpot

Thought I'd start it early.

Haas V Federer: 3 Sets Fed.

Murray V Roddick/Hewitt/ wont matter. Murray in 4.

I want Roddick to win this one.

I disapprove of hats on a tennis court in general but at least Roddick has the good manners to wear it facing in the appropriate direction.

Superb final set.

Murray couldn't have asked for a better match.

incredible stuff. for murray's sake hopefully roddick will feel like a lump of wood tomorrow.

The Vulture
Superb final set.

Murray couldn't have asked for a better match.

Well said, going to be a mouthwatering semi between our Andy and Andy the Yank.

Is he really going to **** this up?!

:nah: classic game of tennis though! Wimbledon this year is proving to be a showcase of the brilliance men's tennis has at the moment. Seriously great stuff!! :10900:

A victory for correct hat etiquette.

a jab up the bum for antipodean headwear herecy.

Archived