Wimbledon 2009 thread

djf

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
That whole interview showed how that Goran was the man. Still wasn't good as him talking about watching Teletubbies.

The problem with Richardson is that he thinks he's everyone's best pal. Most of the time whenever you see anyone getting interviewed by them, they either look bored out of their mind, want to run a mile or punch him in the face.

Murray just looks like he cannae be arsed with him. He was asking him about if he watches old boxing videos FFS.

Anyway, mon Murray. I'm actually getting a bit nervous! No finer feeling than the adrenaline flowing before a major sporting event. Especially in pre season. :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loveofthegame
Murray just looks like he cannae be arsed with him. He was asking him about if he watches old boxing videos FFS.

Anyway, mon Murray. I'm actually getting a bit nervous! No finer feeling than the adrenaline flowing before a major sporting event. Especially in pre season. :)

Aye. Cannae wait for the semi's today. Meeting my cousin to watch the tennis- very rarely does any non-football sporting event warrant meeting up with my cousin!

loveofthegame
Roddick also at 5/2 on Ladbrokes. I fancy a wee punt on him. Does anyone have past stats when the two have met before? Who's got the better?

Met 8 times. Murray leads 6-2. Murray is 5-1 up on hard courts but perhaps more crucially its 1-1 on grass.

That includes a straight sets victory for Murray at Wimbledon 3years ago and a win for Roddick at Queens last year.

Got to fancy Murray but if Roddick plays to his best we could be in for another long one.

Met 8 times. Murray leads 6-2. Murray is 5-1 up on hard courts but perhaps more crucially its 1-1 on grass.

That includes a straight sets victory for Murray at Wimbledon 3years ago and a win for Roddick at Queens last year.

Got to fancy Murray but if Roddick plays to his best we could be in for another long one.

Cheers, bud. I know very little about tennis (court types etc) but it seems Murray's stamina's improved a lot in recent times. I just reckon the pressure on him is immense and it's starting to show: when he won his game before last he didn't smile or look happy; he fell to his knees with his head in his hands.

Definitely worth a tenner on the classic British collapse at the second-last hurdle :10900:

The Old Tolbooth
cheers mate but i'm at work with no access to betting websites. was hoping someone could do a copy and paste job or something.

Ah sorry, why didn't you say? :10900:

Here you go

Roddick 3-0 is 17/1

Roddick 3-1 is 17/2

Roddick 3-2 is 17/2

Murray 3-0 is 11/5

Murray 3-1 is 5/2

Murray 3-2 is 11/2

Straight match betting is

Murray 1/3

Roddick 14/5

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Aye, but only because it was a walkover. Murray got injured in the round before and didn't play.

:10900:

winningways

Tough match this afternoon.

Plays to his potential he should get through.

Murray in 4 will be the score, Roddick will know he's beat when the strawberry munchers are on their feet.

Took Roddick 3-2... 9/1 @ Hills

*Murray in straight sets win will be the likely outcome after me placing that bet.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Took Roddick 3-2... 9/1 @ Hills

*Murray in straight sets win will be the likely outcome after me placing that bet.

Good.

Nelly Terraces

Murray should, and probably will, beat the ceptic tank this arvo. Can he beat Fed in the final? I doubt it.

I P Knightley
Murray in 4 will be the score, Roddick will know he's beat when the strawberry munchers are on their feet.

C'mon the strawberry munchers!

sexy%20(296).gif

The weather down here has taken a bit of a cooler turn. Even if it doesn't start raining, the ball is going to be going a fair bit slower than it has over the last few days.

This should play into Murray's hands more than A-Rod's. If the roof comes on, perhaps more so as (a) Murray's had experience of playing in those conditions and (B) the edge of A-Rod's quick game will be blunted.

I hate to say it but I'm pretty confident that Murray will get through.

Ali? more like Jim Leishman :2thumbsup:

loveofthegame
Aye, but only because it was a walkover. Murray got injured in the round before and didn't play.

:10900:

:10900: Ha can you tell i just regurgitated my info from a SSN report earlier today?!

Anybody watching federer? I'm just reading the bbc txt but it looks like he's in a game.

He's up one set to nil (won it on a tie brake) and currently 3-3 in the second.

Chad Sexington
Anybody watching federer? I'm just reading the bbc txt but it looks like he's in a game.

He's up one set to nil (won it on a tie brake) and currently 3-3 in the second.

4-4 now.

Both look comfortable on serve but Fed looks like he could step up a gear at any time.

He'll win in straight sets, I reckon.

Edit: sorry, it's actually 5-4 Fed.

loveofthegame

Haas not playing badly but as usual Fed just always finds that something extra. Thought/hoped Haas would give him a real test/scare but its currently looking like Fed in 3. You never know though....

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Haas not playing badly but as usual Fed just always finds that something extra. Thought/hoped Haas would give him a real test/scare but its currently looking like Fed in 3. You never know though....

Can't really remember Federer breaking sweat in the entire tournament. Fraid to say that whatever happens with the Hobo this avo, Federer will do the business on Sunday.

Chad Sexington

2-0 Federer.

He's in cruise control.

He must be a heavy, heavy favourite to win the title. :57:

Can't really remember Federer breaking sweat in the entire tournament. Fraid to say that whatever happens with the Hobo this avo, Federer will do the business on Sunday.

Murray's only hope (assuming he gets through) will be to get off to a decent start and start getting inside Fuderer's head.

Federer will win this tournament, whether he beats Andy Murray or Andy Roddick.

Thank goodness I put a double on Federer and Venus and Federer and Serena for the title.:2thumbsup:

Three hopes for Murray if he gets through -

1. That it's pishing down and they play under the roof, that would give him an instant advantage.

2. He's had a harder tournament so he may be a bit more prepared than Fed who hasn't broke a sweat.

3. Federer looks like a poof with his gay bag.

Federer will win this tournament, whether he beats Andy Murray or Andy Roddick.

Thank goodness I put a double on Federer and Venus and Federer and Serena for the title.:2thumbsup:

looking good so far.

what did you get for the double?

Haas is playing well but Federer is just cruising it. He always plays well at Wimbledon but he's playing like a guy with no pressure at all after winning the French.

loveofthegame

Did you hear that stat about Fed there?! This is his 7th semi in a row at Wimbledon. Out of those 7 he's never lost and out of 101 service games, has lost a total of 2. Frightening.

(That is now 2 out of 103....)

Looks unbeatable right now. Just hope/think that if anyone can do it it's Murray.

Dr. Bapswent
Three hopes for Murray if he gets through -

1. That it's pishing down and they play under the roof, that would give him an instant advantage.

2. He's had a harder tournament so he may be a bit more prepared than Fed who hasn't broke a sweat.

3. Federer looks like a poof with his gay bag.

I agree,

Federer has looked imperious in his matches, but I want him to lose because of his superstar, Ernie Mcracken style gold trim and flashy bag.

looking good so far.

what did you get for the double?

a shade over 3/1.

Federer was 4/7, the Williams sisters were 6/4 and 7/4

loveofthegame
Stuck a fiver on Roddick to win the tournament @ 20/1 this morning with Betfair, crazy odds.:2thumbsup:

Not crazy odds. Roddick has to beat Murray THEN Fed to win the tournament. Not going to happen.

I P Knightley

Good though he is at this game, Federer is rubbish at challenging the Hawkeye.

Incredible from the Fed.

Every single point he plays the opponent has to play a blinder to win it.

Can't see him not winning on Sunday, whoever he plays.

Superb from Federer, the scary thing is that if he had to raise his game then he probably could.

As good a record Murray has against him (if he makes it), the final is all up to how Federer plays.

3inaBednar

wonder if Andy's self confessed Hobo idol Mickey Weir is in the VIP today, they love each other they two.

hope the hobo tramp gets pumped oot.

Dr. Bapswent
wonder if Andy's self confessed Hobo idol Mickey Weir is in the VIP today, they love each other they two.

bill-murray-you-suck.jpg

Couldn't give a monkeys who wins at tennis but wanting Murray to win just to see your reaction.:10900:

Go and just **** off?

Nothing between them. Could be in for a long one.

Bollox 1 - 0 A-Rod. Played that last game brilliantly.

There was virtually nothing in that set, but strange to see Roddick playing different than normal.

Murray has to serve better in this set, Roddick did a lot more damage on Murray's serve than I thought he would. Still plenty time to go though but think he's got to win this set.

Archived