A Shakesperean Mafia Tale

Groot

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BoJack Horseman

Actual idiots. Silly, if you knew I was roled what the feck were you playing at?

Masons? Are you even here. I said i'd use BS, you knew who I was. A little backup would have helped.

That's so fecking annoying.

Actual idiots. Silly, if you knew I was roled what the feck were you playing at?

Masons? Are you even here. I said i'd use BS, you knew who I was. A little backup would have helped.

That's so fecking annoying.

sorry man but like you say it's the masons that's to blame not me...

I was just trying to save myself, that is all

fools, i had a suspicion we would screw up again

i think i spotted something in the earlier bickering but its night so i'm saying nowt for now

BoJack Horseman
sorry man but like you say it's the masons that's to blame not me...

I was just trying to save myself, that is all

Well unless you are anything but a townie, and you believed me to be roled... surely my survival was more useful to the town?

BoJack Horseman
Is the game going to restart tonight?

Just after 11 i'd suspect.

yvonnejambo
Just after 11 i'd suspect.

Ta I need to go to bed but hate not knowing if im alive or dead :stuart:

Its so sad when you actually dream about this game! think I can manage to stay awake for another 10 mins

BoJack Horseman
woof! the masons have arsed up big styley there.....

Big style.

Sorry albannach, I thought you protesteth too much!

Because I was innocent?

yvonnejambo

Im off to bed for a night of speculating if im aive or dead :(:qqb017: Hopefully see you all in the morning.

Sorry had to go out again, all PMs are in so your wait will soon be over

Seems some peoples definitions of soon is different from others..

Night all..

Geoff Kilpatrick

How was I to know that? I'm playing blind and had to pick someone. Then you kept on and on about it to the extent I thought you were bluffing!

And so the good people of Verona went into mourning again, how were they going to be able to rid their fair city of the scourge of the Montague's and Capulet's without the leadership of Escalus.

Friar Laurence still grieving the death of Romeo was indecisive of who he would try and save this evening, as it turned out it would have made no difference

The Capulet's meanwhile could not believe their luck and set about taking advantage. Their search led them to the Doctor, a frenzied dagger attack later and he breathed his last, but had they got the doctor?

Fortunately not the Doctor - Veronan was no more

As this attack happened across town in the shadows someone who already had the blood of a Veronan on his hands hid. He had to find a way to win the heart of his true love, he had to act but would he be a hero or a ted? Fortune favours the brave he thought as he pounced from the dark to surprise his prey swinging his sabre in fury before disappearing back into the alleys of Verona, had he been succesful..........

Geoff Kilpatrick - Lady Montague lay in the gutter to threaten Verona no more

It is now day, 16 remaining 9 votes for the kill, deadline is Tuesday at 9pm

Pugsy is unable to vote today

Remaining Players -

kitster

yvonne

deek

silly sausage

maximus

armiya

beverley

cigaro

borthers

paddy

pugsy

bigsmak

jambopompey

martin

jam tartan

commander harris

We have 2 masons, 3 Capulets, 2 Montagues, the doctor, the assasin and 7 Veronans remaining

Seems some peoples definitions of soon is different from others..

Night all..

hey, do you think this stuff is natural, it takes time for me to come up with the night pish :smiley2:

BoJack Horseman
How was I to know that? I'm playing blind and had to pick someone. Then you kept on and on about it to the extent I thought you were bluffing!

Thought you were being coached.

Geez, what a surprise that Albannach wasn't a goon. I'd like to think that round offered up some clues because right from day one, it's been a carve up on Alba. Going to put together a list of where the votes went in this round.

hey, do you think this stuff is natural, it takes time for me to come up with the night pish :smiley2:

Malky, take your time with it and don't worry. I know from doing the last game how difficult it can be, why else do you think the stories were so short!

Bumping up Malky's earlier post from round one.

In case you're interested and to possibly start some debate please find day 1 voting history below, last active vote is bold

Marty French - milky

Geoff Kilpatrick - jam tartan

tedp - yvonne

kitster - silly

yvonne - tedp

albannach - bigsmak beverley

deek - pugsy beverley yvonne

silly sausage - paddy borthers marty

maximus - albannach

milky - marty

armiya - borthers

beverley - :rifle:

cigaro - harris

borthers - :rifle:

paddy - silly albannach

pugsy - cigaro deek marty

bigsmak - jam tartan

doctor - silly kitster albannach

jambopompey - beverley

martin - pompey

jam tartan - :rifle:

harris - borthers

Right votes from round two (final votes in bold).

Albannach - Bigmsmak, Borthers, Bigsmak, Silly

Geoff - Albannach

Silly - Kitster, Martin, Borthers, Albannach, Borthers, Albannach

Deek - Yvonne

Maxi - Albannach

Martin - Silly

Pugsy - Deek unvote Deek

Cigaro - Martin

Armiya - Borthers

Harris - Borthers

Jambopompey - Cigaro

Paddy - Martin, Silly, Albannach

Kitster - Silly

Bigsmak - Silly

Yvonne - Silly

The Doc - Silly, Albannach

Beverley, Borthers and Jam Tartan all unable to vote.

Apologies for not voting, went out a while after my last post and have just got home ten minutes ago, completely forgot all about it.

Will not be very active again tomorrow as I've got another fecking exam.

Hopefully my fellow veronans can weed the remaining goons out without my help.

At Martin's request vote history for day 2, as before last active vote is bold

silly sausage - kitster martin borthers albannach borthers albannach

albannach - bigsmak borthers bigsmak silly sausage

borthers - x

martin - silly suasage

yvonne - silly suasage

cigaro - martin

bigsmak - silly suasage

deek - yvonne

kitster - silly suasage

Geoff Kilpatrick - albannach

maximus - albannach

armiya - borthers

beverley - x

paddy - martin silly sausage albannach

pugsy - deek :rifle:

doctor - albannach silly sausage albannach

jambopompey - cigaro

jam tartan - x

harris - borthers

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hey, didn't read up and didn't realise I'd been bumped off. Excellent! :hang:

Cheers Malky for putting up the list.

I've said it earlier but Paddy was one that has had strange voting patterns. In the previous day, he voted for me to put me onto three votes to 'open things up a little', which put me clear in the lead at that time. Not sure how that opens things up. We've still yet to hear his 'late great idea' from SS to Albannach which effectively put Albannach up for the vote. I'll be very interested to hear it.

Only him and Maxi voted for Albannach both days, but only Maxi gave an explantion (and fairly reasonable one it was too).

SS is still a front runner for me as well.

Other people at the lower end of the scale need to get involved, so we can at least eliminate a few from being under suspicion.

BoJack Horseman
Hey, didn't read up and didn't realise I'd been bumped off. Excellent! :hang:

I'll repeat.

Knew you were being coached.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I'll repeat.

Knew you were being coached.

Nope, I can assure you!

Apologies for not voting, went out a while after my last post and have just got home ten minutes ago, completely forgot all about it.

Will not be very active again tomorrow as I've got another fecking exam.

Hopefully my fellow veronans can weed the remaining goons out without my help.

Don't worry, you've got more important things going on just now. You can help us get the goons when the exams are done.

Hope it goes alright.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:arghh:

For avoidance of doubt, I've just realised I had private messages which I've not read! Maybe that would have helped!!:hang:

ArmiyaRomanova
Cheers Malky for putting up the list.

I've said it earlier but Paddy was one that has had strange voting patterns. In the previous day, he voted for me to put me onto three votes to 'open things up a little', which put me clear in the lead at that time. Not sure how that opens things up. We've still yet to hear his 'late great idea' from SS to Albannach which effectively put Albannach up for the vote. I'll be very interested to hear it.

Only him and Maxi voted for Albannach both days, but only Maxi gave an explantion (and fairly reasonable one it was too).

SS is still a front runner for me as well.

Other people at the lower end of the scale need to get involved, so we can at least eliminate a few from being under suspicion.

Interesting that two of the folk who voted for Albannach died overnight, Geoff and The Doctor.

So only three folk that voted for him remain....

Silly Sausage

Paddy

Maximus

Have tentatively ruled out Paddy as a goon since he swithered from Albannach to Sausage and back again. If he were a goon, surely he'd recognise that this would draw unwanted attention towards him? There were endless other things he could have done.

SS is playing a strange game, but ultimately voted to save himself - understandable, but he's not off the 'suspicious' hook yet.

And Maxi's lambasted the Mason's for their failure to protect Albannach. It's a fair point - but why was his vote on Albannach two days in a row?

If there was another goon involved in Albannach's lynching, my money's on it being Maximus. But I really don't know.

Am also interested in those that totally avoided the Sausage/Albannach debacle - on the basis that goons'll look to hide in the background.

Here's the list of those who were voting entirely elsewhere......

Deek

Armiya

Cigaro

Jambopompey

Commander Harris

and yesterday's non-voters

Beverley

Borthers

Jam Tartan

and the one player who's not managed to vote at all this game

Borthers

I'd wager at least two, maybe three goons in that list.

Interesting that two of the folk who voted for Albannach died overnight, Geoff and The Doctor.

So only three folk that voted for him remain....

Silly Sausage

Paddy

Maximus

Have tentatively ruled out Paddy as a goon since he swithered from Albannach to Sausage and back again. If he were a goon, surely he'd recognise that this would draw unwanted attention towards him? There were endless other things he could have done.

SS is playing a strange game, but ultimately voted to save himself - understandable, but he's not off the 'suspicious' hook yet.

And Maxi's lambasted the Mason's for their failure to protect Albannach. It's a fair point - but why was his vote on Albannach two days in a row?

If there was another goon involved in Albannach's lynching, my money's on it being Maximus. But I really don't know.

Am also interested in those that totally avoided the Sausage/Albannach debacle - on the basis that goons'll look to hide in the background.

Here's the list of those who were voting entirely elsewhere......

Deek

Armiya

Cigaro

Jambopompey

Commander Harris

and yesterday's non-voters

Beverley

Borthers

Jam Tartan

and the one player who's not managed to vote at all this game

Borthers

I'd wager at least two, maybe three goons in that list.

I wish I could guess there would be two goons from 9 players.:10900:

But your theory on those who voted Albanach is pretty good. Its a matter of which one I vote for.

On the basis that if SS was a goon his mates wouldent have tried to save him as if he had died they would be found out. Therefore SS had to save himself at the last second.

So Vote Silly Sausage

yvonnejambo
:arghh:

For avoidance of doubt, I've just realised I had private messages which I've not read! Maybe that would have helped!!:hang:

Feel free to tell us who they were from :10900:

Albannachs death has left many a clue. We can rule out anyone who voted for him yesterday to be a mason as he said he would use BS We also know 1 ho is a certain townie and my guess would be others who had picked up his clue that we was either a mason or the cop have used that to lynch him. So I really believe the people who voted him on day 2 (as on day 1 nobody would have known he was cop.) are all goons or a mix of goons and stupid townies! Silly could fit in either of those categories so for now I will go for Vote Maxi

He is very clever and would have spotted a clue.

Sexton Hardcastle

My late change in vote turned out to be very wrong. I kind of thought Alba was good roled but began to think Silly was more so, so it became a toss. Didnt work out well at all. My earlier vote fro Martin was to see if i could avoid voting for either of the two i had thoughts on but in the end i had to go with one or the other.

Vote Silly Sausage

hopefully im right on this one.

yvonnejambo

Im a tad suspicious on a pile on for Silly, even although I do think we may be goonly, but if he aint and just a silly silly innocent townie then its giving the goons an easy lynch target. Im not sure what way it is. I will keep my vote on Maxi at the moment and wait to see what he has to say. We have got till tomorrow night I think so lets not just jump on a quick lynch.

ArmiyaRomanova

VOTE : Deek

First out of the traps this morning with a vote which I'm sure he hoped would start a bandwagon.

He's also been playing a very strange game - very high up the post count having offered very little (goon hiding in plain sight); offering to 'duel' with yvonne for no apparent reason; a post about adding a full stop that, frankly, I couldn't make any sense of.

Plus - and this is the 'killer' - since Albannach was the Cop and used BS, he'd have investigated Deek - he must know he's on borrowed time, hence the early attempt to influence voting this morning.

It's possible that Sausage is also a goon, but for now I'm going with the more obvious candidate.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Feel free to tell us who they were from :10900:

Albannachs death has left many a clue. We can rule out anyone who voted for him yesterday to be a mason as he said he would use BS We also know 1 ho is a certain townie and my guess would be others who had picked up his clue that we was either a mason or the cop have used that to lynch him. So I really believe the people who voted him on day 2 (as on day 1 nobody would have known he was cop.) are all goons or a mix of goons and stupid townies! Silly could fit in either of those categories so for now I will go for Vote Maxi

He is very clever and would have spotted a clue.

:D

I don't think that would be fair, given that I made a James Hunt of it!

Rick Grimes

so i an vote again now? there's few enough players that i might be able to understand what's going on. genuinely have read very little of the thread tho, so bear with me.

Sorry Alba, though I have to admit I did LOL when I read over this just now.

Yvonne I've only been online about 3 times since this started and did not pick up the clue. I only knew Albannach had a role from the change in his posting style in the first day and tbh I've just been skimming the thread since then. I'm just a townie this time and have not been as on the ball as I would like to be because frankly while my virtual self may be in fair Verona my mind is not :D.

If anyone comes up with some bringht ideas I will examine them and make my vote otherwise I'm off to read my emails and the news before going out for the day.

jambopompey

some strange voting switches last night, im trying to read between the lines of some of Alba's posts to see if he had made any clues to his role, as the cop and as he said he used BS then the masons will know whether Deek is a townie or a goon, now i know from experience coming out and declaring you are a mason usually allows the goons to whack you at night, but it will at least give us an indication on deeks role if any.

Silly is either an overeager townie who tried to sway last minute votes to save himself or to try and smoke out last minute goon vote swings, or is a goon himself and hoped that one of his own would save him.

not voting just yet as their is still plenty of folk to post before tonights deadline, will be re-reading the goings on from last night to see if anything is clearer

Commander Harris

First out of the traps this morning with a vote which I'm sure he hoped would start a bandwagon.

He's also been playing a very strange game - very high up the post count having offered very little (goon hiding in plain sight); offering to 'duel' with yvonne for no apparent reason; a post about adding a full stop that, frankly, I couldn't make any sense of.

Plus - and this is the 'killer' - since Albannach was the Cop and used BS, he'd have investigated Deek - he must know he's on borrowed time, hence the early attempt to influence voting this morning.

It's possible that Sausage is also a goon, but for now I'm going with the more obvious candidate.

that makes sense to me. I'm going to vote deek just now.

FWIW I think Silly is probably just a townie - he played a dangerous game trying to save albanach, although it wouldn't be completely without precedent for him to sacrifice himself if he thought the other person had a more important role, he didn't do that so perhaps he is roled.

interesting!

a bit of a pile on and some fairly sound reasoning on another player. i'm almost tempted to make a vote just now but i'll hang on til i get home. i'll be looking more closely later though to see if i can spot anything.

we don't want to pile onto one, just cos we have to vote, so i'm not convinced by the silly sausage votes

YET

Rick Grimes

without having caught up yet, i better get a vote in early in case I'm waylaid again, but liable to change this evening once I've read the thread.

vote Borthers

purely because he's watching my movements apparently since just afore I posted this morning

:laugh:

Commander Harris
If Deek was a bad yin and was investigated using BS, would Albannach not have laid more clues about him being on the nasty side?

I'm not convinced by any of our targets yet.

as I've said before that's the problem with BS, it works fine if the first investigation turns up a townie - as the masons can identify the cop and there is no pressure to expose a goon - but if you hit a goon first time round you can't do a lot with that knowledge without giving up the cop.

ArmiyaRomanova
If Deek was a bad yin and was investigated using BS, would Albannach not have laid more clues about him being on the nasty side?

I'm not convinced by any of our targets yet.

Remember, Albannach lost a tie-break last night.

He could have survived it and carried on - but if he'd dropped any hint about Deek being a goon, he'd likely have been whacked overnight.

Rick Grimes
Do the masons get the results of the investigation?

yuppers

First out of the trap? If you check back the last two Mafia games you will see me posting about the same time every morning. Around 6am. I then leave for work. Once my vote is in there is no chance of me being losing future voting rights.

Some of us dont lounge about the house in our slippers all day AR. I actually agreed with your previous post the evening before as it made a bit of sense.

As for the BS thing. I haven't a clue what it is. Again if you look back all previous games you will see I have made no mention of it whatsoever. I dont know how it works and have no interest. I prefer a simple game. You will note though that Alba never had me on any kind of suspect list never mind vote for me.

I had a duel with you the last game and it was a lot of fun. I really thought you were a goon though. :hat2:

I tried it with Yvonne to beat the boredom factor in the early round with no joy. I am however prepared to go head to head with you again if want to insist I am a goon, which I assure you I am not.

Its back to the old games of pick on somebody who posts all the time. Precisely why I stopped playing. I can however see another sabbatical coming up.

Archived