A Shakesperean Mafia Tale

Groot

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambopompey
this seems to be going pretty well. has the assassin been taking pot shots? if not, perhaps its time to thin the already thin herd.... odds are much better at hitting a a goon now.

the assassin has to be careful though, if they take out Juliet then they commit suicide, so not only would the town lose the assassin but also one of the masons, best for the assassin to pick their target carefully and not be rash in anyway.

been a good 24 hours, i now feel i can trust a few players now, but im still unsure of Silly and his quick vote changes closer to the deadline last night, i don't know if it is his attempt to get a goon pile on started.

I will wait till later on tonight before making my vote, as there are still a few to post today and it would be nice to see there reactions of the last 24 hours.

ArmiyaRomanova

A quick look at part of yesterday...

At one point Deek was sitting with a two-vote 'lead' over Sausage

We now know that Deek was a Montague goon, the gang that was already a player down at the time. So there were only two Montagues, and Deek was one of them. Only one player could come to his aid, not enough to swing things in his favour.

Yvonne voted for Deek, and she turned out to be a Capulet goon - so it's clear that Deek wasn't getting any favours from the other gang.

There were two players whose votes brought Silly Sausage back level with Deek in the running during the day, and these imho, are amongst the most suspicious votes of the day.

The first was from jambopompey, the second from Kitster.

We've already heard Kitster's reasoning (p424). I'm interested in what pompey has to say.....

ArmiyaRomanova
Nice to see your all missing me :hat2:

Thanks for your helpful vote yesterday - would you like to go one further and let us know who your goon buddies are?

Just a thought.

jambopompey
A quick look at part of yesterday...

At one point Deek was sitting with a two-vote 'lead' over Sausage

We now know that Deek was a Montague goon, the gang that was already a player down at the time. So there were only two Montagues, and Deek was one of them. Only one player could come to his aid, not enough to swing things in his favour.

Yvonne voted for Deek, and she turned out to be a Capulet goon - so it's clear that Deek wasn't getting any favours from the other gang.

There were two players whose votes brought Silly Sausage back level with Deek in the running during the day, and these imho, are amongst the most suspicious votes of the day.

The first was from jambopompey, the second from Kitster.

We've already heard Kitster's reasoning (p424). I'm interested in what pompey has to say.....

after the days lynching i posted this summary of my thoughts of that day's lynching and thoughts on things

some strange voting switches last night, im trying to read between the lines of some of Alba's posts to see if he had made any clues to his role, as the cop and as he said he used BS then the masons will know whether Deek is a townie or a goon, now i know from experience coming out and declaring you are a mason usually allows the goons to whack you at night, but it will at least give us an indication on deeks role if any.

Silly is either an overeager townie who tried to sway last minute votes to save himself or to try and smoke out last minute goon vote swings, or is a goon himself and hoped that one of his own would save him.

not voting just yet as their is still plenty of folk to post before tonights deadline, will be re-reading the goings on from last night to see if anything is clearer

yesterday i then made my choice on who to vote for and my reasoning for it

vote silly sausage

the way he changed his vote last night was strange, i think he was hoping that one of his goon mates would have stepped into save himself.

if you had went further back than kitsters post of 424 you would have seen my reason for voting for silly, his style of vote changing has me wondering of his status, i do not think now he is a goon i have doubts on a few players who have been very quiet and are voting and not saying much else

Commander Harris

balderdash, these quick deadlines are good but as I'm heading out to a friends at 6ish for dinner and champs league final I better get my thinking cap on before then.

just now I'm thinking silly or pompey (but not both!)

although borthers is probably right about folk keeping a low profile and not getting involved in the big head to heads, will have to have a look at that.

I'd like to make the point again more clearly that Deek's team mate most probably voted for him. Knowing how sneaky a player Deek can be I think once Albannach was revealed as the cop he would tell his team mate fairly early doors to keep their distance and stick a vote on him if it looked like he was a lost cause. I'm not sure when he made the comment but he did say something about not having a clue about the Boof strategy. I'll look back and see if he said that before or after Albannach was lynched. If it was said after then it could be a ploy to try and dispell any notion that he, and therfore his team mate, knew how much bother he was in.

I suppose it depends on who that team mate is as there are some players who will just do their own thing rather than go along with team plans but I think that is how Deek would want to play it, just my opinion. As for the other gang I think it could be a case of one or two in and the other(s) keeping clear of the action on Deek. Yvonne (goon) voted for him. That could leave 2 who might fit both those descriptions above among the 4 (?) other players who voted for Deek, assuming both masons voted for him. Something to consider for later maybe?

Now I've got the time I'll exaplin what I think went down yesterday - I was fairly sure Deek was roled and he was playing a very dodgy game early on. He was one of my main suspects as I had said previously but I was wary of being played because the scenario I mentioned above came to mind right after Albannach was lynched. Although I was not totally sure the masons got the investigation results until it was confirmed by Malky (I could not see it in the rules) and also had doubts because Albannach never seemed to even mention Deek before his death. This is why I think a voting tussle developed between Silly, AR, Deek and myself. I did not want to get swayed too easily into believing anybody, though I admit that Deek's mind games and Silly's wheel of fortune voting style were very distracting.

Rick Grimes
the assassin has to be careful though, if they take out Juliet then they commit suicide, so not only would the town lose the assassin but also one of the masons, best for the assassin to pick their target carefully and not be rash in anyway.

didn't realise that. maybe not such a good idea to be shooting willy nilly then :)

ArmiyaRomanova
didn't realise that. maybe not such a good idea to be shooting willy nilly then :)

I don't think that the Assassin's got too much to worry about - as long as they've been following the game closely.

Yes, it'd be a blow to lose the Assassin by his/her inadvertently whacking Juliet, but the remaining Masons can't have any more concrete information to go on since Albannach only had time for a single investigation - and that was Deek.

ArmiyaRomanova
I'd like to make the point again more clearly that Deek's team mate most probably voted for him. Knowing how sneaky a player Deek can be I think once Albannach was revealed as the cop he would tell his team mate fairly early doors to keep their distance and stick a vote on him if it looked like he was a lost cause. I'm not sure when he made the comment but he did say something about not having a clue about the Boof strategy. I'll look back and see if he said that before or after Albannach was lynched. If it was said after then it could be a ploy to try and dispell any notion that he, and therfore his team mate, knew how much bother he was in.

Deek mentioned his not being aware of BS by way of defending himself after I'd had a pop at him - so your theory could be good.

I suppose it depends on who that team mate is as there are some players who will just do their own thing rather than go along with team plans but I think that is how Deek would want to play it, just my opinion. As for the other gang I think it could be a case of one or two in and the other(s) keeping clear of the action on Deek. Yvonne (goon) voted for him. That could leave 2 who might fit both those descriptions above among the 4 (?) other players who voted for Deek, assuming both masons voted for him. Something to consider for later maybe?

Why not consider it now?

Here's the five players who voted for Deek - in the order in which they voted for him, as I recall.

Armiya

Commander

Paddy

Borthers

Yvonne

Commander has been quite quiet this game and curiously, has followed my voting pattern precisely thus far (Borthers/Borthers/Deek).

Paddy fell way down on my goon radar with his voting swings between Sausage and Albannach - I voiced my opinion then that he seemed to be a confused townie, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind since This time (Deek), he got it right.

Borthers first asked whether or not the Masons got the result of the investigation before he voted Deek. And earlier, in post 382, he seems to be waggling a finger of suspicion in Jam Tartan's direction following Geoff Kilpatrick's demise at the hands of the Assassin.

And yvonne's a dead goon.

If I go along with your theory, both Borthers and Harris are worth a close look at for the moment. Can anyone come up with anything further on either of them?

Now I've got the time I'll exaplin what I think went down yesterday - I was fairly sure Deek was roled and he was playing a very dodgy game early on. He was one of my main suspects as I had said previously but I was wary of being played because the scenario I mentioned above came to mind right after Albannach was lynched. Although I was not totally sure the masons got the investigation results until it was confirmed by Malky (I could not see it in the rules) and also had doubts because Albannach never seemed to even mention Deek before his death. This is why I think a voting tussle developed between Silly, AR, Deek and myself. I did not want to get swayed too easily into believing anybody, though I admit that Deek's mind games and Silly's wheel of fortune voting style were very distracting.

And yet, with those two behaving oddly, you still settled on voting for me? You're not out of the woods yet, Maxi.... but a good theory there nonetheless......

TBH I think Deek was playing games as he knew he was a goner, for the tail end of the day he had given up the ghost IMO and was more interested in making others look dodgy while he could (and perhaps distancing himself from his team mate) than actually making an effort to save himself.

After I switched to Deek I was intending to stick but I still had doubts about the whole Alba/Masons situation and some of the things you posted that day including the references to posts I never made. I think Deek just picked up on my uncertainty and played on it in the hope that I'd become a target for lynching/assassination, that's all. I switched back and waited to see if there was any movement, flicked to FM09 and missed the run up to the lynch. I probably would have switched to Deek or SS if I had paid more attention.

I have not got a clue what Silly's game is at all but he really made the situation more difficult than it should have been, the seesawing becomes infectious :D. Is it possible he could be Deek's team mate hiding in plain sight? I'd say it's an outside bet, SS is always a quirky character but he did seem to dump the downright bonkers vote switching style for a while but it's back with a vengance now. Very much like with Deek, I just feel he is maybe playing it up a tad too much.

There's 2 people who I'm fairly confident are Veronans.

1 or 2 people just seem to be sticking out to me.

Going to vote for one of them.

Vote : Silly Sausage

Is the deadline tonight now?

ArmiyaRomanova

Let's put another name in the frame...

UNVOTE : Maximus

VOTE : Commander Harris

He can't follow my voting pattern now.....

Commander Harris
Let's put another name in the frame...

UNVOTE : Maximus

VOTE : Commander Harris

He can't follow my voting pattern now.....

I'm not following anyone's voting pattern, first couple of rounds I didn't have much of a clue so stuck one in for borthers. last round it seemed likely to me, as it did to you, that deek was a goon because of BS.

as for me being quiet, I've contributed when I've had something to say that'll help the town, i.e. my thoughts on deek and the BS etc. other than that I've not had much to say and I don't like posting just for the sake of it.

Sexton Hardcastle

Vote Silly

Going back to my other earlier round vote for SS. Might not get back on later with the football.

This is what i also have so far...

4-Silly

2-Borthers

1-Beverley

1-Harris

ArmiyaRomanova

I've got....

3-Silly

2-Borthers

1-Beverley

1-Harris

with Kitster, Beverley, Borthers, jambopompey, Martin and Commander still to vote.

hello people.

a vote for me is misplaced at this critical juncture of the game.

if you dont unvote me now and i am lynched then you will be targeted unfairly in the remainder in the game.

look back has anyone defended me in any way?

gonna switch my vote from bev to harris.

unvote beverley

vote commander harris

If I go along with your theory, both Borthers and Harris are worth a close look at for the moment. Can anyone come up with anything further on either of them?

There was a strange run of posts on the end of page 13 (posts 517-519)

Jambopompey talked about how he's suspicious of people who are quiet and only really voting. Borthers then talks about that in his next post and then Harris agrees with him. This makes me suspicious of all three but particularly Borthers and Harris after repeating JP.

All of them say that, despite the fact they have largely done the same in this game. If we take a look with the lowest posts, all around 12-16. Borthers, Beverley, Pugsy and Jam Tartan have all missed days to vote, this could be a tactic from any one of them to stay out of the limelight. Harris, Jambopompey and Bigsmak have all voted each night.

I've wondered about Bigsmak, especially as the past two nights he seems very eager to find out the result and expects Malky to have the result up asap. However last night, he seemed to be eagerly awaiting the outcome of Deek's vote. Which suggests to me that he's not a goon because otherwise he wouldn't be so jumpy as he would have known about Deek. I'm also giving Beverley and Pugsy some slack as well due to the fact they've had other things going on.

Commander Harris

bollocks. heading out soon so I'll have to vote - going to go with borthers again, mainly because of the beard. in all seriousness, i think silly is probably on the level despite his strange style and I don't want to die so borthers it is.

vote borthers.

I've wondered about Bigsmak, especially as the past two nights he seems very eager to find out the result and expects Malky to have the result up asap. However last night, he seemed to be eagerly awaiting the outcome of Deek's vote. Which suggests to me that he's not a goon because otherwise he wouldn't be so jumpy as he would have known about Deek.

Woo

2 sets of goons playing against each other in this game.

That right Yvonne. :10900:

Woo

I also find it quite interesting that despite being on today that Jambopompey and Borthers still haven't put a vote on. Possibly trying to wait as long as possible, so that one or two can jump on a bandwagon and cast a deciding goon vote? However, I'm really undecided between Borthers and Harris, particularly with a few posts today within minutes of each other.

Going to go with Harris because he's been a bit more suspicious and he's been active for every vote.

Vote Commander Harris

Commander Harris
I also find it quite interesting that despite being on today that Jambopompey and Borthers still haven't put a vote on. Possibly trying to wait as long as possible, so that one or two can jump on a bandwagon and cast a deciding goon vote? However, I'm really undecided between Borthers and Harris, particularly with a few posts today within minutes of each other.

Going to go with Harris because he's been a bit more suspicious and he's been active for every vote.

Vote Commander Harris

yes I have voted today.

P.S. what does that even mean, "been active for every vote?" you mean followed the rules and the spirit of the game and actually voted every round? :S

Woo

2 sets of goons playing against each other in this game.

That right Yvonne. :10900:

Woo

True, well at the very least he was very jumpy on the second night when finding out who was getting killed overnight. Then with your demise last night.

Either a reason to be extremely interested or he doesn't have patience :stuart:

yes I have.

P.S. what does that even mean, "been active for every vote?" you mean followed the rules and the spirit of the game and actually voted every round? :S

That's not the reason on its own. In this game, there's been four people already that have missed a vote and because there's been that many (particularly with three on the first day), it's hard to imagine that any of them are goons. Interesting to look back that all of them (Borthers, Beverley and Jam Tartan) were all one vote away from being up for kill on that first night. If they were deliberately not voting, it doesn't look like they were worried and I don't think anyone came into save any of them later on but I'll go and check that now.

Apart from Borthers, who else out of the low posters are you unsure about then? Including Bigsmak, Jambopompey and Pugsy in this.

Ok now actually looking back to that first day, it's pretty interesting.

With ten minutes to go, Deek saved Beverley to vote for Yvonne. Obviously Deek and Yvonne were both goons but on opposite sides.

Then right on the deadline, Silly saved Borthers to vote for Marty. Saving Borthers from the head to head with Albannach to put Marty up for it instead.

jambopompey

Vote Commander Harris

i have not made a vote yet as i stated earlier i was waiting on others to at least post, rather than jump from pillar to post with votes i want to make a proper choice and reason on my vote, as i have stated in my reason for voting for silly, his constant vote changes seemed a bit erratic to say the least, but as over the course of the last day i have a gut feeling he has either a good role or is a plain townie.

Im more concerned the now with the posters who have not said much, a tactic that the goons have used before and i feel they are using again.

I was not on much last night as i play poker at my local pub on a tuesday night, tonight i will be watching the Champions league final, tomorrow i have a few homers to do which will again limit my online time, i should be online sometime during the day depending on how busy i am at work and if i can get my laptop switched on without being caught doing so.

As yet i have a few people that i think are goons, but i will wait a hour or so before making my choice unless after re-reading the thread i spot something that looks out of sort

Commander Harris

martin, I don't accept I'm a low poster. I've posted when I've had something useful to say and I haven't spammed the thread with every confused thought that pops into my head, posting the last 4 out of 5 posts for example.

martin, I don't accept I'm a low poster. I've posted when I've had something useful to say and I haven't spammed the thread with every confused thought that pops into my head, posting the last 4 out of 5 posts for example.

admit it, you are a goon :)

Commander Harris
admit it, you are a goon :)

I honestly don't see where this is coming from.

I honestly don't see where this is coming from.

run, with it, it will confuse them more....

I'd hardly call replying to two posts, (and then adding a third to answer something I said I'd check in my previous posts) spamming.

At the start of the day you were a low poster, but you've been active today. You said earlier that you were suspicious of people that kept in the background, so which people are you talking about?

Commander Harris
run, with it, it will confuse them more....

you want some silly style suicide pile on fun?!

Commander Harris
I'd hardly call replying to two posts, (and then adding a third to answer something I said I'd check in my previous posts) spamming.

At the start of the day you were a low poster, but you've been active today. You said earlier that you were suspicious of people that kept in the background, so which people are you talking about?

I was speaking generally that we shouldn't ignore this option. read back and see what I actually said.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/1016527-post519.html

you want some silly style suicide pile on fun?!

yeah, i want to see if i can survive....

ok, how about say, "I am a goon"

if you are a goon you will get mod killed. If you are not a goon you will be safe.

Didn';t realise that I wasn't posting so much. As for the wanting to see the results, I head to my bed at around that time and I was sitting (last two nights) by the computer saying to my Lass that I would be in bed in a minute, just need to check something and was getting annoyed with it all. It was the "soon" comment that wound me.

Anyway, back to the game.

I have stuck with my vote on Silly.

I don't recall anyone defending him,

The person I think is one of the masons has defended someone else. So there is two I trust.

My suspicions are not very well founded so I am going to keep my vote on Silly until he is Dead or someone convinces me to not vote for him. If one of the two people who I think are masons hint that he is the 3rd then I'll also back off.

jambopompey

my thoughts on the remaining posters

kitster... has not contributed much in the way of thought

silly sausage... constant vote changing late on each day very hard to get an idea of any role he has

maximus... some of his posts seem a bit goonish along with his voting

armiya... done well to oust deek and is defo not a bad one

beverley... again little posting and misses votes, could be a goon tactic

borthers... nothing much to go on with his posts, most prob a townie

paddy... always sharp with a vote when there is a pile on of sorts, could be a clueless townie or is playing the goon game well

pugsy... little has been said, has stated he has exams, most prob a townie

bigsmak... has said very little could be a goon

jambopompey... townie

martin... do think he has a role, but whether it is a good or bad one im not sure of which

jam tartan... has said little and could be playing the quiet goon or is a townie who has little interest

harris... has followed AR in the voting pretty much, but following AR's vote for him may prove to be a goon

I was speaking generally that we shouldn't ignore this option. read back and see what I actually said.

Just seemed slightly unneccessary considering Jambopompey and Borthers had just said it.

At the time it was too general, as over half the players had posted a lot less than those around the top. That same argument could be applied to JP and Borthers saying it, not just you. I agree with you that at least some of these players look very dodgy which is why I tried to give some reasoning in my first post today as to who looks more likely than others.

some really interesting theories being thrown about there, but again there is bickering on the thread.

makes me wonder if SS or CH are deliberately needling each other or not.

i am suspicious of a couple of people but i think 1 or 2 are pretty much definitely on the level.

decisions decisions

when is the deadline incidentally?

tonight? before or after the footy?

just gotta go check the thread cos i was a bit pished when i got home last night and can't remember reading it

deadline 9pm, just checked

thats right in them iddle of the bloody match though :(

Commander Harris

right, that's me away so no more posts from me tonight.

vote stays with borthers, don't do anything stupid folks.

Borthers you're absolutely right that I have been quiet, but I have a particularly nasty respiratory tract infection and I've been in bed all week :57: So apologies but it's completely floored me and I've only been up for a few hours of an evening to ensure my son's OK.

Sticking with my previous vote silly sausage. I've lost the plot in the game a bit due to the lurgy, but I can assure you I'm just a townie - lynch me if ya like though, it seems preferable to breathing at the moment anyway!

jambopompey

vote commander harris

just feel his posting for some reason does not do him well. just have a gut feeling that he is a goon

Vote count

silly sausage 4

harris 4

borthers 3

kitster 1

only Bev to vote just under 2 hours to go

Post Count

Silly Sausage 58

MalkyMcFrench 54

Albannach 51

Martin 37

Deek 36