• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

chunky chips are the worst, not a great chipper myself but here's a couple things that help me

make sure your hands are infront of the ball when you're making contact.

Also concentrate on hitting down on the back of the ball. You might thin a couple to start with but it should help.

Why oh why can I not stop hitting fat iron shots.   :sob:

2 practice swings. Perfect. Try to hit ball....chunk the ground 3 inches before the ball. Dafuq. Even doing it with little chips around the green.

Hit a 300 yard drive to the fringe of the green on a par 4 on Saturday. Chunked my chip. 3 putted. Ended with a 5. Ridiculous.

Look at the back of the ball in your setup. Chunking it means your head is in front of the ball at impact

Look at the back of the ball in your setup. Chunking it means your head is in front of the ball at impact

Really? That sounds the opposite of what I would have thought.

Really? That sounds the opposite of what I would have thought.

Yeah, try it. Put the name of the ball facing the club head and your weight should be roughly 60-40 on your right leg (if your right handed) ie right shoulder slightly lower than your left. Start hitting a few balls with the ball in the center of your stance to get used to it then move the ball depending on iron, but dont exaggerate this. This will give you a solid foundation. 

Put more weight on ur left side, open ur stance with ur feet closer together.

Always have the handle lead the club face.

No more duff chips around the green if you do this set up.

I'm a single figure handicapper. U don't play to a decent standard with a dodgy short game.

Try put ur weight on ur right side, see how many chips u thin 20 yards straight through the green.

I'm a single figure handicapper. U don't play to a decent standard with a dodgy short game.

Try put ur weight on ur right side, see how many chips u thin 20 yards straight through the green.

Play just above single figures and it works great for me

Samuel Camazzola

Two conflicting tips. :lol:

er....thanks...much confusion ahead

I thought Andy was giving a tip on chipping and Bebeto on full shots. May have misunderstood though...

Yours definitely sounds more right. I'll try anything though so will give both a shot. Edited by Ray Gin

Not true, I play off 2 and my short game is a joke ha

I'm 5 and just learning how to chip now. Weight is 70% on my right side. Hands in front of the ball.

Loose grip.

Seems to work... Ish

hmfc_liam06

I'm a 24 handicap and chipping is about the only thing that saves me! Tend to get the ball within a couple of feet most of the time.

Don't ask me what I do though :lol:

Put more weight on ur left side, open ur stance with ur feet closer together.

Always have the handle lead the club face.

No more duff chips around the green if you do this set up.

Slightly concerned at a single-handicap golfer describing a golf club as having a 'handle'!? Haha

Your advice is spot on though.

Slightly concerned at a single-handicap golfer describing a golf club as having a 'handle'!? Haha

Your advice is spot on though.

Lol

I said handle but really the sticks I go round with are my magical wands.

I tried putting the weight on my front fit at the passive ground today. That works as well..

So played a medal and as usual.. Was rubbish.

scots civil war

just back from leven links,had a comp.....weather over there turned out top

im averaging 5/6 3putts per round at the moment,absolutely dreadful stuff

tee to green pretty damned solid and when im on the green im ******* it up

10 feet and in ,missing left mostly

so frustrating

also popped into the game at cowdenbeath,left after ten mins....

Edited by scots civil war

hmfc_liam06

Had an outing at Muckhart today, course was immaculate considering the rain fall last night.

Tee shots were found wanting now and again but irons and short game were good. Putting was dynamite. 6 times I drained it from 15+ foot, further 4 times left lengthy putts in gimmie range.

Won with 38 points.

hmfc_liam06

See when I play with someone off your handicap and you have days like you had, where all they have to do is take their putter out the bag and the ball's guaranteed to go in from anywhere; one word springs to mind:

It's not bandit. :lol:

Though, being serious Liam, sounds like you're getting the improvement so far you wanted mate.

Haha cheers. Down to 22 now within the society, hopefully get that down to under 20 this year.

Won a 3 man scramble qualifier today and play at newbattle in the next round a week on Saturday. Not played there for years and can't remember a thing about it

Anyone a member there or played recently? decent track?

jack D and coke

I've never broken through the the 80 barrier and yesterday i thought I was finally doing it. Was playing great tee to green and my putting, which is usually my achilles heel was fairly decent also. However a three putt from about ten feet on the 8th and another three missed birdie chances saw me card an 80. I had one of my birdie chances on the last as well for the 79 I was feckin gutted.

This early in the season though I'm pretty happy.

Edited by jack D and coke

scots civil war

Won a 3 man scramble qualifier today and play at newbattle in the next round a week on Saturday. Not played there for years and can't remember a thing about it

Anyone a member there or played recently? decent track?

im playing their open soon,i havent played there since i was at school and i cant remember anything about it either.have a look at the website

the greens are supposed to be excellent

Played west linton on saturday and got burnt   ,   played carnwath on sunday and had to come off after 10 due to hailstones / snow         nice scottish weather

hmfc_liam06

You after a proper one, or mobile app one?

I only use an iPhone app called Golf Logix. It was free.It's ideal I find, for giving me the basics, as in distance to centre of green, and scorecards. It's accurate too I've found. You can pay more for other features if you want.

Obviously different ones for Android; and if you're after a proper one, I couldn't say sorry.

I've been using a fairly new app called Hole 19, finding it pretty decent.

Mobile GPS apps are, or are becoming illegal to use in competitions I think. Due to them being able to tell you weather conditions. Either that or my local pro and has played a blinder getting this rumour around

I've got a skycaddie gtx, pricey but excellent

Disser Pointon

The Garmin watches are good as far as gps go. I would consider getting a laser rangefinder though the Bushnell tour V3 jolt is an excellent bit of kit.

scots civil war

wow,would love to see that shit,any links or that ?

keegan bradley is a ***** eh,all that ****ing prep over a shot

****off yeah

weather is looking shit for golf tomoro,im supposed to be playing at goswick and the forecast couldnt be worse

can only hope that it turns out like last week,forecast being wrong etc

Played 3 games this week, and 3 last. Have good organised for Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and the weekend.

When u get thrown out of home can I come live with you guys.. Lol.

On the other hand, the confidence in my putting is returning. In enjoying it more and now look forward to holing then rather than worrying about missing them.

Might be a good season.

Maybe playing more helps. 76 scratch tonight on no.1. Took 2 to get out a fairway bunker on one hole. Three putted 4 times. One or two other stupid mistakes.. However.. I feel like I'm getting there.

Another medal on Wednesday... I'll let you know how it goes.

The Mighty Thor

Anyone use a GPS and can you recommend one?

Depends what you want to spend. I got a Skycaddie touch recently and its a tremendous bit of kit. Not cheap though.

Andyeyespy

The more I play the worse I am!

I swear I think I've forgot how to putt and drive.

Hate golf at the moment.

scots civil war

all them adverts on sky during this wgc in san francisco is doing my nut in btw

Played again today.. 7th round in 2 weeks. Was 3 under par for 15 of the holes. 2 bogeys and a double bogey when I was plugged in a bunker.

Really enjoying the golf now. Walking up to a putt with a smile on my face. My irons are also improving. I could have birdied 6 more holes as I was inside 12 feet. Back down to 5.. Medal on Wednesday.

Woo hoo

Edited by Bigsmak

The Garmin watches are good as far as gps go. I would consider getting a laser rangefinder though the Bushnell tour V3 jolt is an excellent bit of kit.

Lasers are accurate...but useless if you dont have a steady hand !!!!

Disser Pointon

Lasers are accurate...but useless if you dont have a steady hand !!!!

I used to be like that as well but this one is a doddle to use.

I used to be like that as well but this one is a doddle to use.

Gave up with it. Got Skycaddy and paid ?30 per year.Now use Garmin Approach....Great piece of kit and no yearly charges

Disser Pointon

Annual lads golf weekend this week, going back to Drumoig, lovely course and fantastic value. Hopefully the weather holds up!

The Mighty Thor

Medal tomorrow and it actually looks like it might be sunny with very little wind.

That'll be the first time at Dunbar for nearly a year for a medal without the accompanying 40 mph wind.

Disser Pointon

Medal at Musselburgh tomorrow, Trump Aberdeen on Monday and the PGA Centenary at Gleneagles on Thursday, hoping for some decent weather for a charnge!

Cyprus Jambo

Dumfries and Galloway GC for a wee game tomorrow. Open or Invitation 4ball with Bro-N-Law. Be nice to play a bit more for given course considering my recent game (although I blame the wind!!!).

Edited by Cyprus Jambo

Fairly sunny day with only a light breeze forecast tomorrow.

:wow:

Finally an opportunity to get a decent round in. 

Disser Pointon

Fairly sunny day with only a light breeze forecast tomorrow.

:wow:

Finally an opportunity to get a decent round in. 

Which usually results in you playing like a complete f@nny!

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread