Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

scots civil war

haha,.....saw a bloke back in june at pitreavie gc ,over at dunfermline,on a severe two tiered green goin backwards and forwards about 5 times from 40ft away

was hilarious really as theres a prt of the course that has about 3 interlocking gree to tee paths with trees,and this bloke was right in the middle of it

couldnt have picked a worse place to do the seesaw

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was beeling like. To end up losing by 3 made it even harder to take as the position I was in meant a par was easily achievable and it would have resulted in a 3 point hole given I had a stroke.

The last hole was a hoot...face first into the strong wind! Still managed a par on it after lacing a wedge to 6 inch from the rough 100 yards away!

Played the celebrity course at indian wells golf resort on sunday. Stunning course and baking heat. This was after lying poolside watching another feast of goals for the famous on my phone. Incredible coincidence but the pro matt is a friend of john colquhoun!

Playing their course the aliante in vegas tomorrow. No make the best of playing in sunshine.

Temp greens on the back 9 at Silverknowes.

The groundsmen need sacked!

They circled the green but failed to cut the grass.

So ur putting on a green that is the same length is the fairway.

The fairway is also 3 inches long so trying to put through that is a joke!

For someone to pay 20 plus quid for a round there is disgusting!

Complete lack of effort by the groundsman and was a complete waste of a round of golf putting on an uncut tempory green!

I did win tho :o) with 33 Stableford points

I noticed they had them marked out when I was there Saturday.

But early to be utilising them though, not like the weather has been poor.

Samuel Camazzola

Temp greens on the back 9 at Silverknowes.

The groundsmen need sacked!

They circled the green but failed to cut the grass.

So ur putting on a green that is the same length is the fairway.

The fairway is also 3 inches long so trying to put through that is a joke!

For someone to pay 20 plus quid for a round there is disgusting!

Complete lack of effort by the groundsman and was a complete waste of a round of golf putting on an uncut tempory green!

I did win tho :o) with 33 Stableford points

Serious question - Do folk genuinely pay those fees to have a round there? I can understand people subscribe to the Edinburgh Leisure membership to have the choice of half a dozen courses with the Braids being the best of the lot but with so many options to play other places at similar fees or cheaper, I don't really get the need to pay those rates.

?20 is pretty much the bare minimum to pay for a round of golf surely? Certainly can't think of a course in Fife (I'm a Fifer) that's under ?20 for 18 holes.

It's expensive these days. You can get on Gullane no.3 or the Glenn in north Berwick for not much more than that.

What's Gullane No.3 like? Recommend?

?20 is pretty much the bare minimum to pay for a round of golf surely? Certainly can't think of a course in Fife (I'm a Fifer) that's under ?20 for 18 holes.

I use teeofftimes and rarely pay more than ?20 for a round. Played some quite nice courses lately for about ?15 a round all near Stirling. Played Dunblane, Alloa and the westerwood which were all enjoyable and cheap

Samuel Camazzola

I meant for Silverknowes. ?20 a round is pretty cheap for golf but for a council course that isn't up to much, I would always choose to pay somewhere else. I often pay ?50+ for excellent courses which is reasonable compared to rates charged when abroad.

Samuel Camazzola

What's Gullane No.3 like? Recommend?

Great little course. One of this month's golf magazines includes a 'Green Free' voucher which entitles you to 2 for 1 rates and Gullane is included. It's not the longest but a good links track. Gullane 2 runs next to it and is a bit longer and is equally good if not better. 1&2 are due to be combined for next year's Scottish Open.

Gullane 3 is brilliant. It's greens are as good as you'll find anywhere in Scotland. Well worth a visit. Especially if you get 2 for 1

Disser Pointon

Due to tee off in two hours, reckon the course will be unplayable shortly the rain hasn't halted all night. Last medal of the year as well.

I'm supposed to play at 12:30. Gullane can take the rain and the weather says it might clear up later. Maybe. I hope.

Edited by Bigsmak

Played. Didn't get rained on once. Was crap and NRd after losing my second ball of the round at the 12th. Considering it trained for 3 data straight Gullane was in brilliant condition. The greens were true and not allow at all. I'm lucky to be a member three.

Played. Didn't get rained on once. Was crap and NRd after losing my second ball of the round at the 12th. Considering it trained for 3 data straight Gullane was in brilliant condition. The greens were true and not allow at all. I'm lucky to be a member three.

Someone sounds like they have had 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages.

Samuel Camazzola

Played Fairmont Kittocks today which was superb.

Couldn't have got better weather and conditions in the height of summer.For links golf, there was next to no wind and the greens were receptive. The greens were quick and true and possibly the best I've played this year.

Highly recommended the Fairmont for anyone considering playing one of the two courses... Or both!

scots civil war

aberdeen trump?

played kittocks earlier in april,an open comp

yeah nice course on the day,went out in 39 and then messed up the back nine when the wind started blowing gale like

that bloody 15th dog leg par 4 is it?

ridiculous when the wind is a westerly

aberdeen trump?

played kittocks earlier in april,an open comp

yeah nice course on the day,went out in 39 and then messed up the back nine when the wind started blowing gale like

that bloody 15th dog leg par 4 is it?

ridiculous when the wind is a westerly

Yeah Aberdeen. Stunning

Was Trump with the Scottish golf page on Facebook?

Yeah, Golf in Scotland series event. Played the Saturday, weather was stunning so was the course, pity about the golf!!!

The Future's Maroon

Shocking to read that Silverknowes is on temp greens already, the weather hasnt been that bad at all....and to pay over ?20 is scandalous.

Had a few indifferent rounds at Dalmahoy (west) over the last week which is in stunning condition just now for the time of year and probably down to all the work on drainage they have done over the last year or so. The first round over 100 (yikes), next round 87 which should have been a lot better and final round of the week 95. This is all on the same course, which I have played rakes of times and just cant get the consistency to hit two rounds in a row well, so frustrating this game.

Also, fortunately for me I go with either one of two mates who are members so I get on for ?12.50....so for those paying ?23 or whatever it is, try and find folk who are members at clubs to play with, cuts the cost in half.

Disser Pointon

Playing in a team open at the Carrick this Sunday but not too hopeful of it going ahead given the weather forecast for this week and it doesn't cope well with the rain.

Enjoyed Broomieknowe on Sunday, despite the high winds. Bit of a nightmare on the greens with leaves everywhere and with them being spiked though. Didn't hole anything over 4 feet.

Hope weather is ok for Sunday!

Got a Stableford competition at the braids.

Finished second overall on Sunday just past.

Walter Bishop

Just started playing golf again after a few years absence due to a couple of knee operations. Hoping to join my local club this weekend. Gave away my clubs etc about 3 years ago so been picking up bits and pieces here from ebay etc. Buzzing to get playing again!

Enjoyed Broomieknowe on Sunday, despite the high winds. Bit of a nightmare on the greens with leaves everywhere and with them being spiked though. Didn't hole anything over 4 feet.

Do you know if you putt and a leave is blown and hits your ball you need to retake the putt without penalty??

Just started playing golf again after a few years absence due to a couple of knee operations. Hoping to join my local club this weekend. Gave away my clubs etc about 3 years ago so been picking up bits and pieces here from ebay etc. Buzzing to get playing again!

If you are on Facebook there is a page called Golf Trader Fife, I'm sure there'll be an Edinburgh equivalent (assuming you're in Edinburgh). Some good bits of kit to pick up there.

The Future's Maroon

Played Dalmahoy west yesterday - very windy, but I 'stole' a bit of advice from here about slowing down my swing with the driver....was hitting it sweet as a nut, managed a 85 (handicap is about 20 - I am no Tiger Woods FWIW) in difficult conditions...so whoever posted about slowing down the swing - thank you!

Haddington golf club..............Fees are only ?440 a year but should you wish to join, let me know as I can get you a further discount, think up to 20%

Haddington golf club..............Fees are only ?440 a year but should you wish to join, let me know as I can get you a further discount, think up to 20%

How does the course at Haddington normally hold up through the winter months? I'm a member up at whitekirk at the moment but thinking of changing and there seems to be some decent deals on at Haddington at the moment (?308 for a 5 day membership to March 2016).

Always depends on how bad the winter is but for example last year it was mild so we very rarely have winter greens (except the 10th which is being fixed). A few tees are off the winter mats (normally the 3 par 3s) but I find it plays well in the winter as I try to get out once each weekend.

Thanks for getting back to me Cyprus. I tried sending you a PM but it said you couldn't receive any more. I was wondering if you would still be able to get me the 20% discount if I only got a 5 day membership. I found this and it seems to suggest it can work but means you'd just get a discount of 20% of my membership cost in return (not sure if you'd be willing to do this as you'd get a better discount if you find others wanting a full membership):

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=cda04a587a803b17e6693e52a&id=ed20e4e8ce

I'll need to get a long and have a game first, never played Haddington before.

Thanks for getting back to me Cyprus. I tried sending you a PM but it said you couldn't receive any more. I was wondering if you would still be able to get me the 20% discount if I only got a 5 day membership. I found this and it seems to suggest it can work but means you'd just get a discount of 20% of my membership cost in return (not sure if you'd be willing to do this as you'd get a better discount if you find others wanting a full membership):

http://us3.campaign-...a&id=ed20e4e8ce

I'll need to get a long and have a game first, never played Haddington before.

Sent you a message.

Played my society's final outing last Saturday, absolutely woeful. Hadn't played in 3 weeks and it showed - making sure I'm playing weekly over the winter to keep the game ticking over.

The Future's Maroon

Its coming back, after many years of being murder, not great but an 84 yesterday at Dalmahoy...with a stupid 8 and two 7's...could have been into the 70's with a bit more composure!

jack D and coke

A few of us subscribe to Bunkered magazine and get our three rounds of golf at selected courses all over the place and sometimes make weekends of it up Spey valley or we've just had one down in Lindenhall in Morpeth. Worth the ?36.

The magazine is decent too if your into your gowf.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/subscription2014/

• 2 weeks later...

Won a winter foursomes tie today. Our opponents had a combined handicap of 3. Keith Nicholson was of plus 2. His partner was 5. I played well and me and my partner were out in level par and 4 up.. Nice. Was cold though.

Won a winter foursomes tie today. Our opponents had a combined handicap of 3. Keith Nicholson was of plus 2. His partner was 5. I played well and me and my partner were out in level par and 4 up.. Nice. Was cold though.

Keith is the champion at Haddington...........won it about 5 years running. What was the comp?

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread