Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Disser Pointon

Outing at the Glen tomorrow, looks like it's going to be blowing a hoolie but at least the rain is to go off before we start!

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Outing at the Glen tomorrow, looks like it's going to be blowing a hoolie but at least the rain is to go off before we start!

50mph winds  :wow:

Disser Pointon

the wind at the glen will be ******* mental mate,do tell us how you get on and good luck

At least the rain is to go off before we start. Definitely balls blowing off the green type weather should be "interesting"!

The Mighty Thor

Big medal at Dunbar this morning. Put a ball down on the practice green and it rolled away. Clubs back in the car. Ram it!

Samuel Camazzola

Cardrona today. Not sure what to expect as the course can be pretty wet and heavy at height of season. Hopefully the greens are in good condition.

Rudolf's Mate

My mate who is a really good golfer actually nearly fresh aired off the tee[emoji1]

:rofl: This used to be a big part of my game. Please tell me it was Davie?

Disser Pointon

the wind at the glen will be ******* mental mate,do tell us how you get on and good luck

Never played in wind like that before, front 9 was almost playable but the back 9 was a farce, we had to pick up on 3 greens because as soon as you put the ball down it blew away! Managed 26 points which was 4th and decent under the circumstances given that I didn't score on about 6 holes, most people were under 20 points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sten,

can't see your pics on my crap office PC but believe there is a place in Loanhead Industrial estate that buys old golf clubs etc. Probably won't get as much as selling on FB etc but saves hassle. Haven't used it myself but a few mates have used it, I just don't know exactly where it is.

Cheers, will look this up.

Disser Pointon

First proper medal of the season this Saturday and then midweek medal on the Wednesday, really looking forward to it. Game seems to be in good shape after a series of lessons over the winter period which probably means I'll play like an absolute f@nny at the weekend!!!

Cyprus Jambo

We have our first medal of the season on Sunday............why Easter Sunday, that's a family day so not playing it.

Greensomes comp on Saturday though.

Disser Pointon

We have our first medal of the season on Sunday............why Easter Sunday, that's a family day so not playing it.

Greensomes comp on Saturday though.

You can't be letting a stupid thing like family get in the way of golf mate, where's your priorities!

scots civil war

Never played in wind like that before, front 9 was almost playable but the back 9 was a farce, we had to pick up on 3 greens because as soon as you put the ball down it blew away! Managed 26 points which was 4th and decent under the circumstances given that I didn't score on about 6 holes, most people were under 20 points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mental stuff.

put it down to character building eh,phew

The Mighty Thor

course closed from Sunday as we host the 'cream of Scottish junior golf'

Little feckers never repair a divot or a pitch mark. The course will be fecked. :(

Got a game at north Berwick west on SundaY in a 5 man team comp. Really looking forward to, anyone played there recently? unfortunately the tee time clashes with the game

Playing today in a medal at Gullane.. No wind, not to cold.. I'm struggling to think of excuses before I start...

9 bunkers in 10 holes. That's my excuse today. Hit the ball well but it seemed to have a homing signal for sand on it.

Edited by Bigsmak

hmfc_liam06

First round of 3 done. Just 9 holes today.

4(3), 5(4), 11(4), 4(4), 5(3), 3(3), 4(4), 4(4), 4(4)

11 on the 3rd absolutely murdered a great round for me, I'm off 24. Was 7 off the tee, 3 shanks out of bounds. Still at a loss as to what happened as I struck it well everywhere else!

Disser Pointon

77 -5 for a 1 over 72 in the first medal at Musselburgh today. Hitting it well and had 2 stupid doubles from nowhere. Managed a 2 though so money in the bank early doors!

jack D and coke

77 -5 for a 1 over 72 in the first medal at Musselburgh today. Hitting it well and had 2 stupid doubles from nowhere. Managed a 2 though so money in the bank early doors!

Was lovely up Monktonhall today hardly a breath of air.

I started badly and had a 10 at the 4th after twice going OB :facepalm: and ended up out in 50. Rescued it slightly on the back nine coming back in 44. Drove like a beast but approach play and putter just weren't working today.

Enjoyed it though.

Disser Pointon

Was lovely up Monktonhall today hardly a breath of air.

I started badly and had a 10 at the 4th after twice going OB :facepalm: and ended up out in 50. Rescued it slightly on the back nine coming back in 44. Drove like a beast but approach play and putter just weren't working today.

Enjoyed it though.

Cracking day for it mate although, even without the wind, it was playing quite long, no run at all. Reasonably happy with it being the first medal but can't afford doubles playing off 5. Plenty of positives for the season ahead.

jack D and coke

Cracking day for it mate although, even without the wind, it was playing quite long, no run at all. Reasonably happy with it being the first medal but can't afford doubles playing off 5. Plenty of positives for the season ahead.

The only positive for me was my driving I was absolutely booming it off the tees today but it's pretty much the first time I've picked up a club since about October so i can't be too critical just now. Hopefully get up a good bit more in the next few weeks now the better weather is coming.

Greens were a bit bumpy today eh. Course was looking decent though...

Disser Pointon

Greens not bad for the time of year I holed 5 or 6 from 10-12 feet but missed a couple of short ones. A little bit of warmth and growth and they'll be in good nick, the rest of the course is looking good, midweek spoon on Wednesday.

hmfc_liam06

Played Lundin Links today, tee off delayed an hour due to a thick fog...given my front 9 performance I wished it hadn't.

Scored 9 points thru 9, actually picked up on the 9th hole and called it a day. Got to the 10th and said if I didn't nail it off the tee then I was definitely walking off. Boomed it and carded 22 points on the back 9 (-5 net).

Crazy, crazy sport!!

My pitching :vrface:

I fluffed 5 or 6 pitches from around 30-40 yards out today by chunking the ground before the ball and trundling it about 10 yards. So frustrating.

Braids is in decent nick though. Far better than the state of Carricknowe on Saturday.

Edited by Ray Gin

scots civil war

Played 2 rounds at Slaley Hall last week...steer clear,courses are absolute mudpiles

slaley hall has a bit of a name as well,county durham aint it....

was at royal burgess for the first time yest,80 off the medal tees with 3 doubles

unhappy with that but the swing for the season is starting to gel very nicely

ok course with decent par fours,greens were pants tho....and il still prefer linksland as the course and especially the greens were quite lumpy

slaley hall has a bit of a name as well,county durham aint it....

was at royal burgess for the first time yest,80 off the medal tees with 3 doubles

unhappy with that but the swing for the season is starting to gel very nicely

ok course with decent par fours,greens were pants tho....and il still prefer linksland as the course and especially the greens were quite lumpy

Slaley hall is in the middle of nowhere,Devere hotels sold it to Qhotels...vastly overrated

Rudolf's Mate

I got a quite nice Phillips one out of Currys. ;)

Try Clubhouse Golf online. I've found them quite good the times I've used them in the past mate.

:lol:

Aye I looked at them last night along with online golf. Clubhouse was considerably cheaper for some irons than some of the places I thought were cheap.

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah, and considering they use DPD as a courier, I've not had an issue with those deliveries.

I looked at getting the Mizuno EZ irons this year, as they were the better price, though I got a new driver instead.

They've got a set of Cobra AMP Cells reduced from ?549 down to ?229! A few places have them cheap but nowhere near as cheap as that.

Some nice Callaway sets as well.

I played in a medal on Sunday morning in heavy winds and heavy rain. It was freezing. I hit the ball well tee to green but struggled with the putting the ball into the hole bit of the game.. My hands were wet and cold. As expected, the rain stopped and the wind calmed down in the afternoon so the medal was a counter and I am up another point 1.

Next time.

It's about 5 months since I picked up a club. I'm not looking forward to seeing how my general fitness must have suffered as a result. May be slightly rusty as well. Should be eventful.

hmfc_liam06

It's about 5 months since I picked up a club. I'm not looking forward to seeing how my general fitness must have suffered as a result. May be slightly rusty as well. Should be eventful.

I had 4 rounds in 5 days last week, certainly felt it :lol:

Disser Pointon

Toying with having an artificial Green installed out the back garden.

Lucky B*st**D

Been thinking about it for a while, artificial surfaces are really taking off now and, if I decide to go with it, having part of it as a putting green seems like a no brainer!

Edited by Bleedsmaroon

Been tweeting Steve Elkington on Twitter questions about my swing.

The 10 time pga tour winner has responded a few times.

Was right delighted.

What's your twitter.. I'd like to read that..

@MrCompetitive1

Nothing special but nice to get a reply off someone I learn from on you tube

hmfc_liam06

Our first society outing of the year this Saturday and of course, it's forecast to be absolutely tipping it down!

:seething:

Why oh why can I not stop hitting fat iron shots.  :sob:

2 practice swings. Perfect. Try to hit ball....chunk the ground 3 inches before the ball. Dafuq. Even doing it with little chips around the green.

Hit a 300 yard drive to the fringe of the green on a par 4 on Saturday. Chunked my chip. 3 putted. Ended with a 5. Ridiculous.

hmfc_liam06

Why oh why can I not stop hitting fat iron shots.   :sob:

2 practice swings. Perfect. Try to hit ball....chunk the ground 3 inches before the ball. Dafuq. Even doing it with little chips around the green.

Hit a 300 yard drive to the fringe of the green on a par 4 on Saturday. Chunked my chip. 3 putted. Ended with a 5. Ridiculous.

I feel your pain but in a different way.

My iron play has always been my saving grace, I'd even play irons off the tee because I was getting just as much distance out of a 4 iron than I was out of any wood in my bag but this year so far I have been abysmal with them.

Zero consistency. One shot will be perfect, the next is a shank, next shot perfect, next is a hook.

I used to be the same, but after a lot of time on the range my driving is now usually decent (although I still have the odd round where it goes wrong). My driving pulled me through big time on Saturday. Only had one duff, the rest were all 250-300 and on the fairway or just light rough and still a decent lie. I think I only hit about 5 clean iron shots the whole round, but still managed to shoot an 86 and a personal best of 3 birdies in a round.

So frustrating when you melt a peach of drive down the middle only to follow it up with a chunked approach shot that trundles about 50 yards.

scots civil war

So frustrating when you melt a peach of drive down the middle only to follow it up with a chunked approach shot that trundles about 50 yards.

hehe,thats brutal.....the golfing gods are so ****ing cruel

must be your club release,look up some youtube shit

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread