Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone a member of Haddington ??

I have a few uncles who play there and im getting offered the discount and considering it as I'm  only a 20min drive from it.

Does it play ok in winter??  im going to play it this weekend but just looking for members advice.

I'm at Haddington mate............generally it's full greens and tees (except the tees on the 3 Par 3s). Course has been great recently, greens were a bit hairy last week but that was a first this winter so can't complain. Only green not in use is the 10th as it is being relaid. There was another post about course being wet but that was a really bad couple of years and they are putting in or have put in a lot of drainage work. Any questions just drop me a note.

I'm at Haddington mate............generally it's full greens and tees (except the tees on the 3 Par 3s). Course has been great recently, greens were a bit hairy last week but that was a first this winter so can't complain. Only green not in use is the 10th as it is being relaid. There was another post about course being wet but that was a really bad couple of years and they are putting in or have put in a lot of drainage work. Any questions just drop me a note.

Perfect thanks I played it on Sunday and it held up pretty well so I think im going to get myself along as its worth it for the price.

Where do you stay ifue only 20 mins away. I know a couple of guys who used to be members are on this board and check this thread.

I am at Duddingston/Mountcastle mate so literally straight onto the A1 it took about 25 mins on Sunday to get there and about the same back.

Playing Lundin in fife in a couple of weeks , anyone know if its any good  ?

Not really fond of links courses....and too close to the water for my liking.

Perfect thanks I played it on Sunday and it held up pretty well so I think im going to get myself along as its worth it for the price.

If you are going to join...........I can see about a discount. Well, think I get the discount for bringing new members but happy to split the difference.

Playing Lundin in fife in a couple of weeks , anyone know if its any good  ?

Not really fond of links courses....and too close to the water for my liking.

I've played it, cousins and uncle are members there. It's a superb golf course, difficult (I'm a high handicapper) but superb. In fact my brother in law, who has played numerous top end courses rates Lundin as his all time favourite.

If you are going to join...........I can see about a discount. Well, think I get the discount for bringing new members but happy to split the difference.

Thanks Cyprus its another member who is getting me the discount thanks tho.

Quite enjoying the nothern trust open so far this week, good field and alot in the mix. Fancy the boy Thomas to sneak his first win hopefully not DeLaet as I've bet him every week for the last year and after his shocker two weeks ago I didn't go near him this time. Would have a break down as he was as far out as 40/1 in some places. 

First round since November yesterday at kings acre. Putting and drives decent. Largely horrible mid and long irons.

91 - not too bad considering the break. Course in reasonable nick for the time of year.

Thanks Cyprus its another member who is getting me the discount thanks tho.

No probs mate..........I might be in touch when the season starts to see what tee times you play. I normally go for the 0930-1000 so feel free to join us (me and my 2 hobo 'mates').

No probs mate..........I might be in touch when the season starts to see what tee times you play. I normally go for the 0930-1000 so feel free to join us (me and my 2 hobo 'mates').

Yeah ended up joining I probably tee off around 8-10 so a distinct possibility to meet up for a game.

Was 3 over after 15 holes at the braids, playing well yesterday.

Was in a match play game and also 3up with 3 to play.

Lost 2 balls off the tee at 16 lost the hole, then bogey at 17 and 18!

Drew the game. What a donut!!!!!!!!!

BRAVEHEART1874

Hats of to anyone that is playing golf in this wind I put the ball back in my stance a bit usually keeps it low and also helps with long approach shots whilst hitting down on the ball if this is basic knowledge to most then fair enough have a good game and remember to take a club or two more than usual only wish I did that at 15 :(

I didn't go out.. I struggled to walk my dogs in the wind.. No chance I was going to enjoy that today.

Can I ask peoples opinions why Sandy Lyle is overlooked as Ryder Cup Captain, is it because he retired fron The Open one year?.

Just I bit miffed Seve, Nick and Sandy are my golfers.

Edited by aussieh

hmfc_liam06

Looking at an away day with a bunch of mates (around 12-16 of us).

Budget of around ?60-?80.

Option 1) Spend budget on green fees.

Option 2) Spend budget on a play/stay.

Any recommendations?

Disser Pointon

Looking at an away day with a bunch of mates (around 12-16 of us).

Budget of around ?60-?80.

Option 1) Spend budget on green fees.

Option 2) Spend budget on a play/stay.

Any recommendations?

Go to Drumoig 97.50 2 rounds DBB. We went last year and are going back again this year.

hmfc_liam06

Go to Drumoig 97.50 2 rounds DBB. We went last year and are going back again this year.

We played there last year, it's actually fairly local to us. Looking to go further afield.

Has anyone played Rowan Castle?

scots civil war

oh i do wish this wind would ****off eh

goin eyemouth on sunday for first comp of the year,any bod else playing sat/sun there?

stableford sat,strokeplay sunday  twelve squid iirc

Was playing my mate who's off 22 and I'm off 8.

I was only 4 over after 9 but was 3 down in match play!!!!!!

Ended up beating him 2up, these high handicappers are a bunch of bandits!

oh i do wish this wind would ****off eh

goin eyemouth on sunday for first comp of the year,any bod else playing sat/sun there?

stableford sat,strokeplay sunday twelve squid iirc

Afternnon, I'm a member at Eyemouth and playing Sunday, unfortunately working Saturday so just the one round for me.

The course is in excellent condition just now. speedy but fair greens. Quite confident you'll enjoy it.

What time are you playing?

Edited by StSow

Cyprus Jambo

See GolfInScotland (on my facebook) have put this on their site as well. They have a lot of events around the country with a prize of going to the Masters next year I think. Anyone attending their events - think one was a Eyemouth last month (Haddington later in the year).

See GolfInScotland (on my facebook) have put this on their site as well. They have a lot of events around the country with a prize of going to the Masters next year I think. Anyone attending their events - think one was a Eyemouth last month (Haddington later in the year).

Golf in Scotland's annual winter open was held at Eyemouth last month, and you're correct there is a qualifying Texas scramble event held by them in the summer at Eyemouth too.

Think the winners from each qualifier plays at pumpherston and the winner of that goes to the masters.

That would do nicely...

We played there last year, it's actually fairly local to us. Looking to go further afield.

Has anyone played Rowan Castle?

Rowallan Castle, Ayrshire?

I have, fantastic course but massive walks between holes. Can get boggy if it rains though

hmfc_liam06

Rowallan Castle, Ayrshire?

I have, fantastic course but massive walks between holes. Can get boggy if it rains though

Yeah sorry that's the one.

Looks nice and some attractive offers!

Yeah sorry that's the one.

Looks nice and some attractive offers!

It is a cracking course. Bunkers are huge!!! Also has 19 holes to play

scots civil war

Afternnon, I'm a member at Eyemouth and playing Sunday, unfortunately working Saturday so just the one round for me.

The course is in excellent condition just now. speedy but fair greens. Quite confident you'll enjoy it.

What time are you playing?

playing sunday as well 10 am....im tired on saturdays after tough weeks at work(joiner) so this year im goin to play as many comps as i can on sundays.

looks like it will be calm,last year was very windy iirc.....

hmfc_liam06

Round at Balbirnie Park today. Woeful on holes 2/3/4 with a really bad dose of the shanks but managed to recover and shoot +1 net.

Happy enough with the recovery, thought the worst!

Cyprus Jambo

Playing Greenburn at Fauldhouse on Friday - freebie from a wee Golf in Scotland competition. Anyone played there..........looks nice and short.

Not played golf regularly since about 2002.

Was about to bin my old stuff then realised some of it may be worth something.

Anyone able to tell me what this may be worth? 8/10 condition I would say.

gFxzeud.jpg

WMq0w7e.jpg

Cyprus Jambo

Not played golf regularly since about 2002.

Was about to bin my old stuff then realised some of it may be worth something.

Anyone able to tell me what this may be worth? 8/10 condition I would say.

gFxzeud.jpg

WMq0w7e.jpg

Sten,

can't see your pics on my crap office PC but believe there is a place in Loanhead Industrial estate that buys old golf clubs etc. Probably won't get as much as selling on FB etc but saves hassle. Haven't used it myself but a few mates have used it, I just don't know exactly where it is.

jack D and coke

Got a round in at Monktonhall yesterday. Drove superbly but all the rest was patchy to say the least. My mate who is a really good golfer actually nearly fresh aired off the tee[emoji1]it was good to get out swinging again though.

First medal on the 4th April.

Disser Pointon

Got a round in at Monktonhall yesterday. Drove superbly but all the rest was patchy to say the least. My mate who is a really good golfer actually nearly fresh aired off the tee[emoji1]it was good to get out swinging again though.

First medal on the 4th April.

Had a game at Mussy myself on Sunday, new swing changes are clicking into place nicely for the start of the season proper. Outing to the Glen on Saturday.

hmfc_liam06

Had another round at the weekend there, again my start killed the round. Seem to be too eager on the first four holes and trying to melt the ball. Time and again it's not until the 5th hole that I settle into a rhythm.

Easily costing me 6-8 shots in my round.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread