Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

hmfc_liam06

Edinburgh outing......pumpherston.

:facepalm:

Try getting a two for one deal or groupon at somewhere like Prestonfield.

It's the gents open at Pumpherston the day we want to go.

We have a 2 for 1 outing at King James in Perth but it's proven quite difficult for to get clubs to allow us to use the 2 for 1 vouchers for a group booking.

Quality of the course isn't a huge factor to be honest, most of us are hackers so just looking for a decent day out and a good few at the 19th!

Edited by hmfc_liam06

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Edinburgh outing......pumpherston.

:facepalm:

Try getting a two for one deal or groupon at somewhere like Prestonfield.

20mins from Edinburgh so not too far.

hmfc_liam06

We got a deal at West Lothian GC. Saw it on KGB deals so I phoned up, got a round and bacon rolls/tea/coffee for ?12 a head!

Course any good?

Old Hearts

We got a deal at West Lothian GC. Saw it on KGB deals so I phoned up, got a round and bacon rolls/tea/coffee for ?12 a head!

Course any good?

Course is not too bad, a few good holes but a few silly holes too. Its in middle of nowhere at the top of a hill though, so can be a bit exposed to the elements on windy days!!

Played this evening. Was rubbish again. It was cold and wet. Just once this year I'd like to play on a nice day! Please!

Have a tie on Friday and a medal on Sunday. Maybe my game will pick up with more play...

hmfc_liam06

Had a round on Sunday there, weather was supposed to be miserable but turned out glorious!

First four holes I had carded 11 over, absolute nightmare! Yet from nowhere, I proceeded to play some really good golf and managed to card a further 11 over from the remaining 14 holes.

+22 with a 24 HC.

Oh what could have been....

Very confused. I won a tie last night on the 13th. I was giving 11 shots and 3 over par at the time. I missed 2 4ft putts that would have won holes as well.

On Sunday I struggled and carded an 86 on an easier course.

Anyone know how I can be such a different golfer only 2 days apart?

jack D and coke

My putting is driving me completely insane!!! Three putted eight or nine times yesterday in a round of 87 which could quite easily been in the high 70's had I sorted it out! Once from about 10 feet too :facepalm:

My putting is driving me completely insane!!! Three putted eight or nine times yesterday in a round of 87 which could quite easily been in the high 70's had I sorted it out! Once from about 10 feet too :facepalm:

I recommended an app called 'putt like a pro' before on your phone. By mental edge academy.

Try it.

91 yesterday, continuing my trend of playing completely different every round so far this year. This time it was my driving's turn at being terrible.

Highlight of the day was a fox running up to the green and stealing my mate's ball. :lol:

jack D and coke
91 yesterday, continuing my trend of playing completely different every round so far this year. This time it was my driving's turn at being terrible.

Highlight of the day was a fox running up to the green and stealing my mate's ball. :lol:

Wasn't Craigentinny that happened was it!

Wasn't Craigentinny that happened was it!

Aye, 16th. It was trying to go for the group behind us too but got scared off. Must have a nice wee collection on the go.

jack D and coke

Aye, 16th. It was trying to go for the group behind us too but got scared off. Must have a nice wee collection on the go.

Aye that fox has been doing that for years there. My mate actually drove the green lol and would've been putting for an eagle and as we walked towards the green we watched the fox take his ball and feck off into the bushes I wis pishin masel :lol:

jack D and coke

I recommended an app called 'putt like a pro' before on your phone. By mental edge academy.

Try it.

I can't find that on the App Store? iOS yeah?

Nah. Proper operating system . android mate.

I am sure that apple will have one. Just search putting tips or help. This was a self hypnosis program thing

Played again tonight. Another mare. 83 .. Just can't string 2 shots together.

It's all in my head. What in need to do is play on my own our even with a friend and not have a card in my hand and maybe just enjoy golf. Just need to enjoy it.

Arse biscuits

I long for the day when shooting an 83 is having a 'mare.

Lol..

I took 3 from within 30 yards 9 times. And 4 from within that distance twice.

I think I know which part of my game is letting me down.

U hate golf at the moment, keep slapping my irons!Need a break from it
No break needed mate, read about why your slapping instead of pinging. A tip is waiting for you out there, try standing taller at address, you can square me up later. You'll never reach your destination in golf because that nett 66 should have been 65 because a putt hit a spike mark. Reminisce about your best shot ever, how good it felt and the compliments received from playing partners. Dont give up... get in there! Lifes too short! Edited by Lovehearts

Read Bob Rotella! It's all in yer heed.

Downloaded one of his books for the kindle.

Will let you know how it goes

RealMaroonCF

Downloaded one of his books for the kindle.

Will let you know how it goes

I hope its Putting OUt of Your Mind

Its the only one I've read and Im a firm believer that is should be the only one I and anyone will ever need.

The art of not thinking about missing, not thinking about getting it close, not accepting failure, being in the moment, recalling every great putt you've made, telling yourself - and beliving - you are a good putter, believing it will go in....is something I think you only need to read once to know its the right tracks to be on

As posted previously. I read the book and then putted like a demon for a round or two. Then I reverted to my old ways thinking I'd cracked it. A quick re-read and the path of righteousness was confirmed. Truly great thing is the mind

Disser Pointon

I hope its Putting OUt of Your Mind

Its the only one I've read and Im a firm believer that is should be the only one I and anyone will ever need.

The art of not thinking about missing, not thinking about getting it close, not accepting failure, being in the moment, recalling every great putt you've made, telling yourself - and beliving - you are a good putter, believing it will go in....is something I think you only need to read once to know its the right tracks to be on

As posted previously. I read the book and then putted like a demon for a round or two. Then I reverted to my old ways thinking I'd cracked it. A quick re-read and the path of righteousness was confirmed. Truly great thing is the mind

I read that book, made perfect sense to me but also made little or no difference to my putting, I still shake over 2 footers!!!!

Igot golf is not a perfect game. Half way through and enjoying it. I need to choose my mindset not the other way round.

I'll get the putting one next.

Cyprus Jambo

Played Sunday, finally played to my handicap and gutted as 2 lost balls from the tee, including on the last have just birdied the 17th. Again all came down to decision making.........cross winds not great for me and on both lost ball occassions took the driver instead of the 3 wood and lost a ball due to high fade (slice!!!!) and wind taking it miles right never to be seen again. Hit the 2nd tee shots with 3 wood and made par on each (plus 2 shots for lost all)........AAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH

Had a wee 8-player tournament with my mates at Kings Acre today, playing stableford.

Despite playing terrible, I somehow finished second. Everyone bar the winner seemed to have a stinker.

My short game was horrific. Long putts or chips from just off the green were either going 30 feet past the hole or 20 feet sort. :vrface:

I'm really not used to soggy conditions and was finding it a 'mare for judging distances. Made playing from the rough so much tougher too.

Edited by Ray Gin

hmfc_liam06

Had a round at the local yesterday, walked off after 9 and it wasn't because of my game...

10/15 minute wait at every tee, further waiting at every shot, eventually by the 9th four groups were waiting to tee off, we were third in line.

6 minute tee slots! I know clubs want visitors cash but are they trying to drive folk away?

The Mighty Thor

Monthly medal yesterday and scrapped and scraped my way to a 76 for a wee 0.3 cut. Barely hit fairways or greens but putted like a demon.

Strange game.

My inconsistency continued this weekend. A 87 on Sunday night on No.1 with two 8s on the card.

Monday morning. Same course a scratch 71 level par round with a double bogey on the 17th. 5 birdies in total which could have been 9 including 3 putting a par 5 for a par.

So I'm happy and unhappy at the same time.

How's the book reading going mak

Enjoyable. I think it helped my game on Monday there. I need to relax and enjoy golf more. Also I have an inconsistent set up and preshot routine that the doc says I need to improve.

Legs see what happens. I will read the putting one next

The Mighty Thor

Enjoyable. I think it helped my game on Monday there. I need to relax and enjoy golf more. Also I have an inconsistent set up and preshot routine that the doc says I need to improve.

Legs see what happens. I will read the putting one next

Putting out of your mind is an excellent book. It helped me no end.

RealMaroonCF

Thor knows.

Interesting point about enjoying the game mak. Mindset, enjoyment, relaxation, letting your natural game come out, all fall into the same category for me. It would be interesting to see just how good you could be if just for a season you weren't fighting against breaking 80, getting off the tee, beating your best score.

In going out tonight for the sheer love of the game. I'm going to play sensible shots and reap the rewards of my positive mindset. I cannot wait to get the ball on the green so I can show my putting excellence. I'm going to just play.

Ill tell you how I get on tomorrow.

The Mighty Thor

Thor knows.

Interesting point about enjoying the game mak. Mindset, enjoyment, relaxation, letting your natural game come out, all fall into the same category for me. It would be interesting to see just how good you could be if just for a season you weren't fighting against breaking 80, getting off the tee, beating your best score.

In going out tonight for the sheer love of the game. I'm going to play sensible shots and reap the rewards of my positive mindset. I cannot wait to get the ball on the green so I can show my putting excellence. I'm going to just play.

Ill tell you how I get on tomorrow.

It's a game of frustration. It's how you manage that and manage yourself that makes the difference.

I used to get really wound up with bad shots usually leading to double bogeys and worse for two or three holes. Now? I couldn't give two shits. I'm the same whether I shoot 69 or 99. once the ball has left the club or putter face there's nowt you can do about it.

I am thinking the same. Playing at 1pm so plenty time for it to start snowing or something.

RealMaroonCF

Played yesterday, could argue it was too sunny. Constantly lose the flight of the ball. Im certainly not going to grumble though.

Golf, pints, boxing. Yas

Played fairly well at Craigentinny up until the 14th. Despite missing every putt that was any further than about 3 feet from the pin, I was on route for shooting around an 84/85 which would have been my best round of the year.

Then the shanks appeared. 4 shanked shots in a row (flying off 70 degrees to the right) on the par 3 14th meant taking a SEVEN. Also put my drive OB on the 18th so was three off the tee, before fluffing a chip and three putting for an 8. :vrface:

Round finished with a 91. Still not broken 90 at that course FFS.

Cyprus Jambo

Day 1 of Championship qualifier on Saturday.........lovely day, didn't think I played that well but was only 1 over net with an 8 on the card!!!! 4th in Cat B so here is hoping for more of the same next Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread