Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

The 36 for Bigsmak puts him back on top:

http://jkbgolf-com.stackstaging.com/

Booked in at Liberton, looking forward to it. Asked a few folk who'd played it and they had good things to say.

Woo hoo.. back on top.

I have 2 medal rounds this weekend as well. Hopefully get a couple of good scores in.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmfc_liam06

Woo hoo.. back on top.

I have 2 medal rounds this weekend as well. Hopefully get a couple of good scores in.

I'm out tonight and Sunday...the battle is on!

hmfc_liam06

Where you playing sunday - I am doing the Golf in Scotland event at Craiglaw. 

http://www.golfinscotlandseriesevents.co.uk/index.html

Liberton.

I asked another mate if he fancies it, he declined, instead he's away on a 9 day golf break...

Southport

Hillside

Formby

West Lancashire

Birkdale

Siloth on Solway

St Annes Old Links

Fairhaven

Royal Lytham

Arse :lol:

I'll be playing the rest of the season with new goggles which are supposedly quite different to my current ones. Still to get 'em. One less excuse now. Pencil me in for a few 40 pointers.

Ok don't.

hmfc_liam06

Woo hoo.. back on top.

Get back in your place...37 points tonight!

hmfc_liam06

Just rigging it to suit now...

An objective outsider perspective is required. Liam, imo, seems to be doing "just enough" to squeak ahead.

Make of that what you will.

:lol:

I'll quite happily take a screenshot of my SGU records haha

I'll quite happily take a screenshot of my SGU records haha

mmmm

Interesting.. lol

What course do you play anyway? 

Just rigging it to suit now...

An objective outsider perspective is required. Liam, imo, seems to be doing "just enough" to squeak ahead.

Make of that what you will.

:rofl:

Ron Swanson

Played Ballumbie Castle up in Dundee on Saturday.

Ok course, some tricky holes with some huge elevations, really nice clubhouse.

They have their own 'Amen Corner' at 10/11/12. First is a par 4, big dogleg right with 2 burns cutting across at the corner then a big pond in front of the green. Laid up to the corner with an easy hybrid then hit an 8 iron flush on the flag...only for my ball to skelp a staked sign at the front of the green (who puts a sign at the front of the green?!) and propel off at 45 degrees straight into the pond. Raging!

Played there for a few years when I was up in Dundee. Don't think I ever mastered the 3rd hole. Very much like the coffin at West Lothian.

Not a bad stretch for the money. Very clique though...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

hmfc_liam06

Played there for a few years when I was up in Dundee. Don't think I ever mastered the 3rd hole. Very much like the coffin at West Lothian.

Not a bad stretch for the money. Very clique though...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Clubhouse was fantastic, really nice deck overlooking the course.

Yeah the 3rd hole is tough, especially not knowing the course. Walked away with a 5 after my tee shot landed in a wee rut in the rough.

The 18th is a tough closing hole ain't it? Sliced onto the first, was short with a 7 to the green and landed in the bunker, shanked it out the bunker and run up then back down the hill at the back of the green...drained the par putt, worst par of my life :lol:

Samuel Camazzola

The guys from Balbirnie I believe.

Mars bars up from 60p to 90p overnight...

:seething:

Aye, I think Craig is on a mission to own Fife. That's 3 places I'm aware of. I think he may have involvement in a golf tours company too.

hmfc_liam06

Aye, I think Craig is on a mission to own Fife. That's 3 places I'm aware of. I think he may have involvement in a golf tours company too.

Balbirnie, Cluny & now Lochgelly.

Picked up a few bargains from our old pro leaving though!

Samuel Camazzola

Balbirnie, Cluny & now Lochgelly.

Picked up a few bargains from our old pro leaving though!

I heard your pro is off to Callaway.

hmfc_liam06

I heard your pro is off to Callaway.

Yeah, regional sales manager I believe. He's a good guy, was well thought of at the club.

27 points.

Get the shite out the way before Liberton

Edited by Sten Guns

Samuel Camazzola

Shoddy today. 29 points.

Too many 3 putts and missed two inside a couple of feet. Out if character.

Need to tidy up my game to get rid of the low points on the board.

34 points for me today.. horrendous conditions. Rain of and on. Wind gusting a lot.. played the last 8 in 1 under. I won't mention the rest

Samuel Camazzola

35 points this morning. Four 3 putts in the round contributing to six shots left out there.

21 points on back 9 improved things.

Hope you boys at liberton did better than me :laugh4:

Were you at Liberton today? I was too managed to NR on the front 9. After spinning my 2nd shot off the first green uphill, then 3 putting as it was impossible to hit my first putt soft enough, I knew it wasn't my day

Were you at Liberton today? I was too managed to NR on the front 9. After spinning my 2nd shot off the first green uphill, then 3 putting as it was impossible to hit my first putt soft enough, I knew it wasn't my day

Aye, as well as a couple others that post on this thread. I 4 putted the 1st from 12 feet, 3 putted the 2nd for par and left a birdie putt short from 4 feet on 3rd. Strangely enough, my putting stroke never really recovered from there :laugh4:

Aye, as well as a couple others that post on this thread. I 4 putted the 1st from 12 feet, 3 putted the 2nd for par and left a birdie putt short from 4 feet on 3rd. Strangely enough, my putting stroke never really recovered from there :laugh4:

Sounds like you had a slightly worse day than me. Not by much though. Definitely a course you need to of played so you know where to leave the ball on the greens, even off the tee on holes. I've never played it and it showed

John mcCartney

il continue the megaputting with 6 3 putts at pumpherston open yesterday for an 80,played ok otherwise

course has held up well considering the rain recently and the greens were very receptive and good to putt on ,not too fast but very true running.

there cant be many courses knocking around that have had a completely different landscape from a century ago to now,theres a massive panoramic photograph
at the clubhouse staircase adjacent wall of what the course was back in those days.......

http://www.konectdirectory.co.uk/pumpherston-grime-to-golf.php

Liberton greens were really receptive, but trying to judge the pace was something. And what was that 9th hole all about, fairway just dropped off them the green was there

I've no long finished and sat joint 2nd net 66.

Those greens though :lol:

37 points for the league.

Liam, well played especially on a course you don't know. I kept running out of fairway and leaving almost no shot, then couldn't judge the greens when chipping or putting. Got my name on a nearest the pin though

hmfc_liam06

Liam, well played especially on a course you don't know. I kept running out of fairway and leaving almost no shot, then couldn't judge the greens when chipping or putting. Got my name on a nearest the pin though

Cheers mate.

I see someone bagged a hole in one at the 11th. Pity it doesn't count for nearest the pin :lol:

Cheers mate.

I see someone bagged a hole in one at the 11th. Pity it doesn't count for nearest the pin :lol:

It's surely got to, everyone has stopped measuring. That's another green I spun the ball off and took 3 to get down

I've no long finished and sat joint 2nd net 66.

Those greens though :lol:

37 points for the league.

Excellent , well played. Hope you get a decent lift for that sir

hmfc_liam06

It's surely got to, everyone has stopped measuring. That's another green I spun the ball off and took 3 to get down

I'm sure it doesn't, someone certainly said that out on the course anyway.

hmfc_liam06

Excellent , well played. Hope you get a decent lift for that sir

Cheers, hopefully I can hold on to a place. Quite a lot of guys still to play though.

Samuel Camazzola

Liberton greens were really receptive, but trying to judge the pace was something. And what was that 9th hole all about, fairway just dropped off them the green was there

For those who've never played the course, the one benefit you get from 9th is you pass it when entering the main drive and see the slope running down to the green. No benefit if you accessed the course via the back entrance at Kingston Avenue though.

The 9th is a risk reward. Either take a 3 wood and go for the green or just take a mid iron to leave a (blind) wedge. The fairway isn't the widest and heavily tree-lined so accuracy is key.

Played the fourth round of a four rounder at West Lothian today. Par 71

First 3 rounds I went 69, 68, 71 playing off 8

Today I started 6,6,9,7 and went out in 52 (+16)

Came back +3

I sometimes hate this game

Played the fourth round of a four rounder at West Lothian today. Par 71

First 3 rounds I went 69, 68, 71 playing off 8

Today I started 6,6,9,7 and went out in 52 (+16)

Came back +3

I sometimes hate this game

Unlucky mate, it's a strange game, anything can happen.

I really need to ask how you managed a 9 on the 3rd at West Lothian?

I'm in that mood too. if I hadn't already paid for prestonfield and broomieknowe opens next weekend I wouldn't bother. Struggling big time and have no desire to practice

I'm in that mood too. if I hadn't already paid for prestonfield and broomieknowe opens next weekend I wouldn't bother. Struggling big time and have no desire to practice

I know the feeling, after today. I think I could count on one hand the amount of times I found the middle of a club.

I've a 9 hole comp at StAndrews Bay on Tuesday, not looking forward to it at all. Just another chance to embarrass myself in front of some strangers

Similarly I was playing fairly well today until I 4 putted from about 20 feet on the 9th. Confidence destroyed, out in 41, back in 46.

Edited by Ray Gin

Unlucky mate, it's a strange game, anything can happen.

I really need to ask how you managed a 9 on the 3rd at West Lothian?

Was in the green side bunker in two, thinned one about 20 yards over the green into bushes. Had to drop one in the bunker, left it in then thinned it out much the same as the first but found my 2nd, had to hack it out then chip onto the green and holed a 15ft putt for 9.

My head was away after that.

Was in the green side bunker in two, thinned one about 20 yards over the green into bushes. Had to drop one in the bunker, left it in then thinned it out much the same as the first but found my 2nd, had to hack it out then chip onto the green and holed a 15ft putt for 9.

My head was away after that.

Understandable after that, that's not an easy bunker shot, not much to aim at. Even harder second time when you've had to drop.

hmfc_liam06

For those who've never played the course, the one benefit you get from 9th is you pass it when entering the main drive and see the slope running down to the green. No benefit if you accessed the course via the back entrance at Kingston Avenue though.

The 9th is a risk reward. Either take a 3 wood and go for the green or just take a mid iron to leave a (blind) wedge. The fairway isn't the widest and heavily tree-lined so accuracy is key.

3 wood? It's 300 yards :lol:

I wish!

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread